Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pat I think you ment to past that in the Barcelona thread or else whatever you are drinking is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Jaysus Swansea making this look easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

2-0 Swansea

2 nil Swansea come on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

DM_7 wrote: »
    He pulled out of a game for the same reason earlier this season and he missed no time iirc

He missed the Arsenal game after he pulled out of the second leg against FC Midtjylland. I'm not holding out much hope that he'll be ok for Tuesday. The game itself will only of course matter,depending on how City get on tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TheTownie wrote: »
    Don't know if it was confirmed pre-match but LVG said post-match that Blind and Rashford were rested.
    Rested.

Plays the likes of Rashford constantly, then 3 games from the end of the season decides people need to be rested.

That man is just trolling at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Rested.

Plays the likes of Rashford constantly, then 3 games from the end of the season decides people need to be rested.

That man is just trolling at this stage.

2 games in 4 days. The tougher of them yet to come. I don't see much to complain about on that decision. If Martial doesn't get injured in the warm up it probably wouldn't even be a talking point.

haha 3-0 Swansea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

3-0 Swansea.

You just know West Ham will take this out on us come Tuesday.

• Advertisement

3 nil Swansea hopefully that be a sucker punch for Westham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

jayo26 wrote: »
    Come on Swansea :)

Swansea going there and spanking them is going to be brought up a lot on Tuesday I bet.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Saw that Mata moment
    He's a true gentleman
    Always about the fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you go to Reddit...I don't know if its the downvoting system or what, but there are a lot of people who blindly believe that because he's the United boss, that he should be shown absolute loyalty. Its blinkers firmly attached and is crazy, but if you try and argue that LVG should go, a lot of the time, you get downvoted into oblivion :/

I guess they're the same people who go to games and cheer on the team, regardless of circumstances. The fact that they don't spend every waking minute moaning about Van Gaal is quite amazing isn't it?

Resting players before the bigger game not working out too well for Bilic, I actually have no idea if he is I am not watching the game and haven't seen a line up, but actually I suppose it would be better if they are playing their best team today, get them demoralized and tired, hopefully they just piss off on their holidays after this too cause they will be a very tough task on Tuesday with everything involved, and the lack of fight in our own team won't help matters either.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Saw that Mata moment
    He's a true gentleman
    Always about the fans

Was watching it too and thought the same. The dad was so excited and nervous he started fumbling his phone trying to take picture and mata just chilled waiting for him was a lovely moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's pretty much West hams full team. I don't think they are resting players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I guess they're the same people who go to games and cheer on the team, regardless of circumstances. The fact that they don't spend every waking minute moaning about Van Gaal is quite amazing isn't it?

Jaysus get off your high horse.. the majority of posters over on reddit are not from England and wouldnt be going to the games.

I get the frustration, but the sheer repetition of the constant moaning can be grating alright.

What more can be said that needs to be said about the situation at this point? Then again discussion boards are there for a reason, and repeating the same stuff ad nauseam is part and parcel of it unfortunately.

There are certainly fans out there I have met who are still of the mind that he is the right man to keep at the club, and they have given me their reasons which I have no need to get in to, but I would be certain that fans of that mind set are firmly in the minority at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Swansea doing us a big favour. Might take the wind out of West Hams sails now. They mathematically could still make the Champions League but only if City and United lose all their games.

Still be very hard to beat them. Imagine if City lose to Arsenal and we dont beat West Ham, we are tortured for another week.

• Advertisement

Swansea going there and spanking them is going to be brought up a lot on Tuesday I bet.

The comeback is on 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

3-1 now at Upton Park,you just know Swansea will find a way to **** it up.

Holy ****balls Sunderland leading against Chelsea I just head?

Holy ****balls Sunderland leading against Chelsea I just head?

Look well fired up. Playing like you should when there's something on the line.

Was that bangkoks Fellaini voodoo doll that float past the screen in the Newcastle game.

jayo26 wrote:
    Was watching it too and thought the same. The dad was so excited and nervous he started fumbling his phone trying to take picture and mata just chilled waiting for him was a lovely moment.

That's what MS brinty had to say too
    Fair play to him,it's great to see players realise the sacrifices that fans make

Look well fired up. Playing like you should when there's something on the line.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I have no idea what that looks like anymore :)

Are they playing well? My Chelsea buddy told me Chelsea should be well ahead by now

That's what MS brinty had to say too
    Fair play to him,it's great to see players realise the sacrifices that fans make

MS jayo said "will that clown ever take the picture or he will be gone" haha

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I have no idea what that looks like anymore :)

Are they playing well? My Chelsea buddy told me Chelsea should be well ahead by now

Chances either end but Sunderland are the team that want the result and it shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

how bad was depay today..... shocking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Chances either end but Sunderland are the team that want the result and it shows.

Defoe has made a huge difference to them. Wouldn't want to be relying on Mitrovic..

4-1 Swansea 92min

Cum on the swans!!! Said the man masturbating by the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Terrys career with Chelsea ending on a sour note

bangkok wrote:
    how bad was depay today..... shocking

No no no
    Don't start into Memphis now..

No no no

Can we walk into Memphis?

Hococop wrote: »

What happened?

jayo26 wrote: »
    What happened?

2nd yellow so won't even play his last game

Edit: forgot they had a midweek game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

2 games in 4 days. The tougher of them yet to come. I don't see much to complain about on that decision. If Martial doesn't get injured in the warm up it probably wouldn't even be a talking point.

From a strategic point of view you rest players with the long term in mind. Considering these are must win games and there are only a few left there seems to be little point in resting players at this stage. If resting players were considered the time to do it was with 9/10 games left to prepare the squad for this run in, not in the middle of it.

I don't even think it matters what 11 he puts out, the performances tend to be the same anyway so I don't particularly care who he picked. I was just commenting on how strange it is to rest players at this point, 2 games in 4 days or not. Of course, if the usual are upset by any criticism of the manager I humbly apologise.

• Advertisement

Pretty sweet to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

From a strategic point of view you rest players with the long term in mind. Considering these are must win games and there are only a few left there seems to be little point in resting players at this stage. If resting players were considered the time to do it was with 9/10 games left to prepare the squad for this run in, not in the middle of it.

I don't even think it matters what 11 he puts out, the performances tend to be the same anyway so I don't particularly care who he picked. I was just commenting on how strange it is to rest players at this point, 2 games in 4 days or not. Of course, if the usual are upset by any criticism of the manager I humbly apologise.

The thing is even if he did want to rest them, he could have had them on the bench for "just in case" especially with the piss poor squad he has assembled.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know things are going well when this "true fan" bs starts up :rolleyes:

I take zero joy from "moaning" about LVG. But all blind loyalty to the man does is send the message that you're ok with whats happening at the club, and I'm not. I ****ing loathe having to be negative about United. Its not why I watch football, and I hate what he's done to the club. If you want a blind loyalty where people are saying everything is awesome, while the house burns down around them, then fair play. But don't expect that from me.

Hococop wrote:

Sums up why Chelsea didn't renew his contract

Edit: forgot they had a midweek game

Couldn't happen a nicer man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rashford started every game since Feb 25th (15 games) after never playing senior football before. Resting him today can't be described as strange.

United need him more against West Ham than they did today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

At least the result puts a bit of pressure on City tomorrow and doesn't give them a free ride.

It really was awful stuff though. To think it was a must win game for Utd. You'd swear it was a practice match.

Andrea Bocelli belting it out at Leicester,classier than Tina Turner's "Simply the Best".You gotta hand it to the Italians when it comes to a bit of style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

No no no

he was beyond bad, summer cant come quick enough for him

Rumours are that Terry is going to parachute in after the Leicester game.His sending off was to make sure he got there in time.

Redknapp and Carragher standing pitchside,the nearest either ever got to the Premier League trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

DM_7 wrote: »
    Rashford started every game since Feb 25th (15 games) after never playing senior football before. Resting him today can't be described as strange.

United need him more against West Ham than they did today.

he's 18, he could probably play 15 games in 15 days if needed ffs

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement