Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

he's 18, he could probably play 15 games in 15 days if needed ffs

Exactly. I was well able for 15 nights out in a row at 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zerks wrote:
    Rumours are that Terry is going to parachute in after the Leicester game.His sending off was to make sure he got there in time.

Of course
    Well played zerks
    I tip my hat to you sir

• Just watched the mata clip, lads that's the best thing I've seen all year. ****ing legend, melt my heart. Needs to go into the thread, can't remember the name of it but you know the one I'm on about!

*edit* the good side thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »

Seen that yesterday in the mail and first thing I thought was bangkok wrote this.

But seriously this is coming from a man that wore a t-shirt to support a racist so who cares about his opinion he is a nobody.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just watched the mata clip, lads that's the best thing I've seen all year. ****ing legend, melt my heart. Needs to go into the thread, can't remember the name of it but you know the one I'm on about!

Things that make your heart melt thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

From a strategic point of view you rest players with the long term in mind. Considering these are must win games and there are only a few left there seems to be little point in resting players at this stage. If resting players were considered the time to do it was with 9/10 games left to prepare the squad for this run in, not in the middle of it.

I don't even think it matters what 11 he puts out, the performances tend to be the same anyway so I don't particularly care who he picked. I was just commenting on how strange it is to rest players at this point, 2 games in 4 days or not. Of course, if the usual are upset by any criticism of the manager I humbly apologise.

Himself and Blind have been ever present lately. We were playing Norwich in the first of 2 games in 4 days. All I'm saying is that it's not batsh*t crazy to see it as an opportunity to rest them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rooney a CF who promised 20 goals wasn't happy about playing there today,unreal.He even did his best not to score when he had 2 chances to hit the ball before Mata tucked it away.

"I don't think he was very happy with me that I decided to put him in the striker's position,” Van Gaal said after the victory.

“But Januzaj had played 45 minutes yesterday so I couldn't put him in the starting lineup today. But Rooney did very well to assist Juan Mata. He would have played No.10.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

jayo26 wrote: »
    Couldn't happen a nicer man.

Weren't you on here defending Giggs yesterday?

zerks wrote: »
    Rooney a CF who promised 20 goals wasn't happy about playing there today,unreal.He even did his best not to score when he had 2 chances to hit the ball before Mata tucked it away.

"I don't think he was very happy with me that I decided to put him in the striker's position,” Van Gaal said after the victory.

“But Januzaj had played 45 minutes yesterday so I couldn't put him in the starting lineup today. But Rooney did very well to assist Juan Mata. He would have played No.10.”

I thought rooney did very well not to pass to Memphis just before the goal and instead did a 180 to see if there was someone better behind him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Haha, Rooney desperate to show Hodgson he can still play at no10 I'd say knowing he hasn't a hope of starting at no9 with Kane and Vardy available.

Johner wrote: »
    Weren't you on here defending Giggs yesterday?

Sure was i dont see what your trying to get at here johner??? ;););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Really? Carragher? He was a dirty ****er of a player!

Scholes, Ferdinand, souness, most pundits think the same along with majority of Utd fans. Don't ever really remember a player getting jeered off when subbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

crazy to think united have a chance at 4th considering how bad the performances have been all season but i think it's showing how bad the PL standard has dropped in the last 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Just watched the mata clip, lads that's the best thing I've seen all year. ****ing legend, melt my heart. Needs to go into the thread, can't remember the name of it but you know the one I'm on about!

Mata is honestly one of the nicest guys in football I reckon. Always makes time for the fans and it really seems genuine and not just for good PR.

I think he'd make a great Dad (*thinly veiled I want to have his children post*)

Scholes, Ferdinand, souness, most pundits think the same along with majority of Utd fans. Don't ever really remember a player getting jeered off when subbed

Its not what we think ourselves its more to do with kettle calling the pot black. Fellaini is a thug I said it after the Liverpool game but at the end of the day he is our thug and without him the past couple weeks when you were away our season would be over he stepped up to the plate and performed.

Its not what we think ourselves its more to do with kettle calling the pot black. Fellaini is a thug I said it after the Liverpool game but at the end of the day he is our thug and without him the past couple weeks when you were away our season would be over he stepped up to the plate and performed.

hopefully he is sold in the summer.

• Advertisement

Looks like i don't need to reply so.. Thank Christ.. you know what it is though, its just himself trying to start another Big Fella discussion, its getting tiresome at this stage, especially when he was no where to be seen when the Fella was leading us to the FA cup final

Rossi IRL wrote: »

You are late to the Mata love-in.But it's so good that it deserves to be posted twice.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99641661&postcount=9662

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Do you not get that a lot of people on here don't agree with your "opinion" on him?

It's incredibly tiresome reading your constant criticism of him. He won't be playing again in the league this season and yet you are still banging on about him. You are obviously obsessed with him or have an agenda with your posting style about him but how about doing is all a favour and giving it a rest while he isn't even playing?

mata is a class act, sat beside his father at southampton game. gentleman

jayo26 wrote:

I'll back you on this Jayo
    I'm as big a critic of the big guy but he's stepped up when others haven't
    Bang has an axe to grind which colours his views of Fellaini

• Advertisement

This was him on the field.97% pass accuracy and a goal to boot.

Screen-Shot-2016-05-07-at-15.47.25-e1462632485862.png

• brinty wrote: »
    I'll back you on this Jayo
    I'm as big a critic of the big guy but he's stepped up when others haven't
    Bang has an axe to grind which colours his views of Fellaini

You do realise bangkok is criticising himself

That's why he's such a beast

looking at the team that played today, serious money needs to be spent again this summer and players need to be shipped out. massive job again this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

There are certainly fans out there I have met who are still of the mind that he is the right man to keep at the club, and they have given me their reasons which I have no need to get in to, but I would be certain that fans of that mind set are firmly in the minority at this point.

That's certainly true. I'm definitely in two minds as I think we'd certainly have improved on last year but for the unprecedented amount of injuries. Of course that's Van Gaal's fault too :rolleyes: He has done a lot of questionable things but part of me thinks that Van Gaal was never a quick solution in the first place. It was never going to get done in two years. So part of me wants to wait a little longer to see if it clicks at some stage, which it has invariably done for Van Gaal over the course of his career.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    You know things are going well when this "true fan" bs starts up :rolleyes:

I take zero joy from "moaning" about LVG. But all blind loyalty to the man does is send the message that you're ok with whats happening at the club, and I'm not. I ****ing loathe having to be negative about United. Its not why I watch football, and I hate what he's done to the club. If you want a blind loyalty where people are saying everything is awesome, while the house burns down around them, then fair play. But don't expect that from me.

You do know that there is a rational place in between blind loyalty and blaming LVG for the bad weather. People were on here blaming Van Gaal for giving an eighteen year old kid a rest because he hadn't foreseen an injury to Martial during the warm-up.

People criticize him for trimming the squad but then give him no credit for introducing youngsters, suggesting he had no choice.

I get the criticism for the style of play and lack of energy and strange player selections. But there has been a lot of bad luck along the way too. He has been far from perfect but he is also far from the incompetent ape you would assume he was reading this thread.

Perhaps it will be better that he goes in a couple of weeks but I just don't like United fans treating a manager like a villain.

bangkok wrote:
    looking at the team that played today, serious money needs to be spent again this summer and players need to be shipped out. massive job again this summer

Well-done on stating the flipping obvious

Sure throw out a few more cliches while you're at it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

It's a strange thing to say about your 30 year old club captain. It makes Rooney sound like a petulant prima donna who cares more about himself than the team. It would be unheard of to say something like that about any of his predecessors. You expect your captain to run through walls without complaint.

What does it say about Van Gaal that he made someone like that his captain or that he'd then undermine him publicly by saying something like that?

Korat wrote:
    It's a strange thing to say about your 30 year old club captain. It makes Rooney sound like a petulant prima donna who cares more about himself than the team. It would be unheard of to say something like that about any of his predecessors. You expect your captain to run through walls without complaint.

Rooney acting like a Prima Donna
    We've never seen that before
    As I say for all his achievements he'll never be a club legend or beloved of the common supporter for his actions

You do realise bangkok is criticising himself

That's why he's such a beast

I bet you won't be posting later tonight when you have your tie around your head and are tearing up the dancefloor.:P

adox wrote:
    It's incredibly tiresome reading your constant criticism of him. He won't be playing again in the league this season and yet you are still banging on about him. You are obviously obsessed with him or have an agenda with your posting style about him but how about doing is all a favour and giving it a rest while he isn't even playing?

He has an agenda
    it's well known why..

zerks wrote:
    I bet you won't be posting later tonight when you have your tie around your head and are tearing up the dancefloor.
    Too right
    Enjoy the wedding mate 😵

Korat wrote: »

What does it say about Van Gaal that he made someone like that his captain or that he'd then undermine him publicly by saying something like that?

Maybe he is throwing Rooney under the bus before he fecks off into the moonlight

The man is a legend for doing that!

Hococop wrote: »
    2nd yellow so won't even play his last game

Edit: forgot they had a midweek game

Just on this, it was his second Red this season so he is banned for 2 games so won't get to play either of the last 2 games

brinty wrote: »
    Well-done on stating the flipping obvious

Sure throw out a few more cliches while you're at it....

Ahh lay off him at the end of the day he is Just like Fellaini... He may be a pain in the head but he is our pain in the head.

Imagine this place if bangkok was a Liverpool fan??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rooney acting like a Prima Donna
    We've never seen that before
    As I say for all his achievements he'll never be a club legend or beloved of the common supporter for his actions

Ronaldo is and he done the same as rooney

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote:
    Ahh lay off him at the end of the day he is Just like Fellaini... He may be a pain in the arse but he is our pain in the arse.
    Fyp

Korat wrote: »

I'm not sure if you are serious but in all fairness,Rooney's main role is a CF.Due to an injury he had to play that role and moaned about it.Maybe it didn't give him the chance to play his trademark pointless long balls to the right wing and that was what annoyed him.
    He is club captain and should be setting an example,not bitching about where he plays,it's not as if he was asked to play in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

mata is a class act, sat beside his father at southampton game. gentleman

You're full to the brim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Its not about spending "Serious money".

Its about buying the right players.

sky88 wrote:
    Ronaldo is and he done the same as rooney

Ronnie never held the club to ransom or publicly fell out with his manager ...

He asked to leave respectfully, got the club a world record fee and performed for the whole of a season when he knew he'd be able to leave at the end of it

Polo_Mint wrote:

Polo you've only been about a few days
    But I like your style

Polo you've only been about a few days
    But I like your style

WTF he/she's been about ages :pac: you on the beer brinty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Delighted for Leicester but Christ everything about their success this season drives home how awful LVG is and the ****e he's been peddling for 2 season's is really starting to stink.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Its not about spending "Serious money".

the right players cost serious money. we are lacking a world class striker and world class creative midfielder. they dont come cheap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

WTF he/she's been about ages :pac: you on the beer brinty

Transgender

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement