Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

beno619 wrote: »
    Delighted for Leicester but Christ everything about their success this season drives home how awful LVG is and the ****e he's been peddling for 2 season's is really starting to stink.

you could say the same for any amount of managers this season, wenger, mourinho at start of season with chelsea, pelligrini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote:
    WTF he/she's been about ages you on the beer brinty

Sorry about that Polo
    Astra I don't even drink mate 😜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Transgender

Yeah but i didn't know which way so i didn't want to generalise ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah but i didn't know which way so i didn't want to generalise ;)

lol

I still a guy last time i checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we had another 5 points this 4th spot be in our own hands.

I know it's ifs, buts and maybes. but when you think of all stupid points we dropped.

• Advertisement

If we had another 5 points this 4th spot be in our own hands.

I know it's ifs, buts and maybes. but when you think of all stupid points we dropped.

I actually wonder how much pressure this team and Manager can handle.

I dont believe that Van Gaal spreads confidence within this team.

Im convinced it would be harder for us defending 4th place then trying to get 4th place with 2 games left.

If you know what i mean

True story Kew
    We only took 8 points from 18 against the bottom 3
    Says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

zerks wrote: »
    He is club captain and should be setting an example,not bitching about where he plays,it's not as if he was asked to play in goal.

Exactly and who did he think was going to play up front if not him?

It honestly doesn't surprise me that Rooney would be react the way Van Gaal suggests but I don't think Van Gaal needed to share that with the media.

It's just another little thing to add to all the other crap that seems so wrong at the club right now.

astradave wrote:
    Yeah but i didn't know which way so i didn't want to generalise

Yep
    Someone assumed MarsBar was a guy
    She's a hot girl who we love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

bangkok wrote: »
    you could say the same for any amount of managers this season, wenger, mourinho at start of season with chelsea, pelligrini.

That's great, take your concerns to those clubs super threads.

Couldnt give a crap how bad everyone else has underperformed.

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    True story Kew
    We only took 8 points from 18 against the bottom 3
    Says it all really

Jesus that's depressing!!

I actually wonder how much pressure this team and Manager can handle.

I dont believe that Van Gaal spreads confidence within this team.

Im convinced it would be harder for us defending 4th place then trying to get 4th place with 2 games left.

If you know what i mean

No I see what you mean and actually agree too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

It's mad to think that a Sunderland team who have found it hard to score all season under big Sam, have 1 less goal scored than us. Bournemouth are level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It's mad to think that a Sunderland team who have found it hard to score all season under big Sam, have 1 less goal scored than us. Bournemouth are level.

And that we've won one less game than second placed Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nalz wrote: »
    And that we've won one less game than second placed Spurs

Imagine if we had gone out to win games on our own merit rather than worrying about the opposition and trying to nullify them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im really worried that if by some miracle we get CL and win the FA Cup, LVG will stay on

:(

Headshot wrote: »
    Im really worried that if by some miracle we get CL and win the FA Cup, LVG will stay on

:(

I think he will win the FA cup and quit.

Tell everyone he won a trophy and jog on.

He would take that as turning united around.

He wont win us the league and he as well as the Club knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

I think he will win the FA cup and quit.

Tell everyone he won a trophy and jog on.

He would take that as turning united around.

He wont win us the league and he as well as the Club knows it.

If it is to be his last job then it's a decent finish to his career. In a few years time people will most likely forget how bad the football was and see it as him giving a number of players their first games, signing Martial and getting the club back winning.

I can't really see anything new to complain about over today - Just the usual evidence of why LVG should not be retained for that third season. Sure, there were mistakes, but nothing new for LVG's United. Obviously, you are all entitled to vent as much as you want as we wait for Summer, but our results haven't been the worst since that 2-0 Europa defeat at Anfield on March 10th. We've lost one game in all competitions since then (1L, 3D, 6W).

That is not me advocating for keeping LVG around, not in the fúcking slightest, just that I'm now kinda getting what I was looking for around February/March: 'I want the manager gone now but know that it won't happen until late May at the earliest, so if he could see out the season respectfully and keep us challenging for something until the final week or two, that will do given the circumstances and then hopefully we can close the LVG book after that and move on.' Barring that 3-0 defeat to Spurs, he has been doing that for the last 8 weeks or so.

A 0-1 win away today is grand for me in that context. LVG resting some overplayed players in this game is okay for me too. West Ham are better than Norwich, and have a few things to give them a jant in terms of firing them up for Tuesday's game (last game at the Boleyn, humiliating defeat today, still can finish ahead of us) so it is unarguably the tougher of the two matches on paper and some players needed a rest for now, not for the long-term.

Yes it's been a horror show, but the conclusion is turning out to be not just as gory as I was expecting it to turn out around two months ago. Today's result more or less guaranteed that the club won't finish below 6th in what has been our worst season in modern history bar none (we need to lose our last two games, and Southampton to win theirs to drop to 7th). There's an FA Cup final in the mix as well. This is damage limitation at this point, not things to really gloat about, but we're almost at the finish line now and not as battered and bruised as it looked like we were going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Headshot wrote:

You can bet your house on it that if that happens he's here next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

bangkok wrote: »
    hopefully he is sold in the summer.

Where were you before his interaction with huth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kill me.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Kill me.

He might like the weather :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

When a sentence starts with "I've just heard a rumour..." Try not to go too mad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When a sentence starts with "I've just heard a rumour..." Try not to go too mad.

On the upside, I saw a "journalist" from Spain saying Jose is done and will be announced before the next game, and Griezmann hash as said he would be interested in a move to us.

For my sanity, I will believe this instead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

if he gets top 4 and fa cup win I think he'll stay on.

I can't take another year of this

• Advertisement

The question that's going be asked

1. Win the cup, get Top 4 and Lvg stays

Or

2.Beat in cup, come 5th, Jose

I'm going be murdered for saying number 1.
    Why? I just can't resign myself to hoping United getting beat, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Time too start following Celtic lads and forget about United if this happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

The question that's going be asked

1. Win the cup, get Top 4 and Lvg stays

Or

2.Beat in cup, come 5th, Jose

I'm going be murdered for saying number 1.
    Why? I just can't resign myself to hoping United getting beat, I know.

I can't even see how this team will beat Palace even unless we get a good start, Palace will be fired up and if they get confident these players will go into a shell and either De Gea saves us again or where bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

MrMac84 wrote: »

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ok lads, too much doom and gloom on here about Van Gaal staying on.

Time to come aboard my positivity train. Van Gaal won't be here next season even if we win the FA cup and finish in the top 4.

HE IS GONE IN THE SUMMER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How long would Jose be given to rebuild the team. Better yet how long will it take.

De Gea and Rashford are about the only two safe.

• How long would Jose be given to rebuild the team. Better yet how long will it take.

De Gea and Rashford are about the only two safe.

Lol

Ehhh regardless of who is in charge that's a bit far fetched

• adox wrote: »
    Ok lads, too much doom and gloom on here about Van Gaal staying on.

Time to come aboard my positivity train. Van Gaal won't be here next season even if we win the FA cup and finish in the top 4.

HE IS GONE IN THE SUMMER.
    Change it to a tractor adox and you are on a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Change it to a tractor adox and you are on a winner

Pick away Mick :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Another good reason to see Swansea beating West Ham today is they play City at home next week and it's good to see them finishing the season strong and not in holiday mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think rather watch cricket instead

hate celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No thanks.

I'll remove my tounge from my cheek now. Keyboards don't have a sarcasm font. I wish they did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fuk ye bitches my daughter walked for first time tonight wooohoooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

If we finish 4th and Liverpool win the uefa cup do we not get champs league???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

jayo26 wrote: »
    Fuk ye bitches my daughter walked for first time tonight wooohoooooo

Wonderful. Just remember how happy you are now in a few months when she's running all over the supermarket driving you mental.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If we finish 4th and Liverpool win the uefa cup do we not get champs league???

We both get it which would be gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

You're full to the brim.

Ok

No thanks.

Yes,Rangers for me!

nullzero wrote: »
    Wonderful. Just remember how happy you are now in a few months when she's running all over the supermarket driving you mental.

Won't care a sh1t pall my babs has down syndrome she can run wherever tha fuk she wants as long as she happy woop.

Little bit late but yesterday was a year ago to the day that PSV announced that memphis had signed for us instead of Liverpool I remember how happy I was that we had signed him and how good he was i hate to blame lvg for everything but id love to see him under another manager.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement