Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Won't care a sh1t pall my babs has down syndrome she can run wherever tha fuk she wants as long as she happy woop.

Delighted to hear that oul buddy
    Fair play to her

zorro2566 wrote:
    Yes,Rangers for me!

Controversial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    Delighted to hear that oul buddy
    Fair play to her

Taa brinty pal your a dote :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

My Arsenal supporting mates all want to see Pep in the Europa League. 4th is ours if we can just win 2 games.

My Arsenal supporting mates all want to see Pep in the Europa League. 4th is ours if we can just win 2 games.

As bad as it is needing us to win we are also counting on arsenal to win... Yikes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

jayo26 wrote: »
    As bad as it is needing us to win we are also counting on arsenal to win... Yikes..

We're all gooners tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

8-2 be relying on an Arsenal result for top 4.

Right guys? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How long would Jose be given to rebuild the team. Better yet how long will it take.

De Gea and Rashford are about the only two safe.

Exaggerate much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

How long would Jose be given to rebuild the team. Better yet how long will it take.

De Gea and Rashford are about the only two safe.

If Rashford doesn't score in his first pre-season game under Jose he'll be gone on loan to Wigan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

girlfriend is an Arsenal fan.. first time I'll be watching an Arsenal game with her cheering on the gunners myself tomorrow :P Arsenal are so ****in unpredictable sometimes though City are too and maybe the European effort will take a tole as well as some of the general 'we can't really be arsedness' that we have seen from City in some games of late, here is hoping. If Arsenal win our Tuesday game against West Ham will be a second Cup Final type affair... last game at Upton park be some occasion that..

Also on another note.. .. I didn't get to see today's game aside from highlights but did we again end up with 6 players on the bench ? not for the first time this season ? amazing to think that a team of our stature travels to an away game with 18 players only and no backups in case of someone being injured in the warm up or coming down with something.. I'd always have a 3rd keeper and another outfield player as part of a 20 man squad.. seriously unprofessional and bad form... if that did happen I was going by the teams on the forza app btw...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

The question that's going be asked

1. Win the cup, get Top 4 and Lvg stays

Or

2.Beat in cup, come 5th, Jose

I'm going be murdered for saying number 1.
    Why? I just can't resign myself to hoping United getting beat, I know.

2. The cancer needs to be cut out of the club for the sake of our long term future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

2. The cancer needs to be cut out of the club for the sake of our long term future

I know it's only a saying but Jesus I really hate it being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Today is the day that Arsenal temporarily gains hundreds of millions of fans for the day.

As for LVG being a cancer at United, he is frustrating, I like him as a person but he has made it very hard work since he arrived with the results he has achieved.
    Hopefully he wins us the FA cup and we get 4th place and qualify for the CL next season.
    If he was a cancer, we would not have so many young players who appear good enough to play for United, he signed Martial who is our top scorer this season and who should only improve.
    His biggest mistake for this season was not signing an attacker/striker who is a proven prolific goalscorer.
    It could be argued LVG has kept to the United tradition with young players, one can argue it is due to necessity, but the signing of Martial showed that while he may be playing young players due to necessity, he will play players he has belief in irrespective of age.
    Then we are strongly linked with Renato Sanches, a 18 year old midfielder. A player that Barcelona reportedly had on a shortlist, but with what United paid for Martial and now likely for Sanches, it has left United accused of inflating prices for young highly talented players.
    Despite all the criticism that LVG receives and given some of the play and results, it is deserved, but he also has done good at the club.
    He will leave the club in much better shape than the club he took over in 2014.
    But he should be replaced for next season as struggling for 4th place in the league is not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

RobertKK wrote: »
    Today is the day that Arsenal temporarily gains hundreds of millions of fans for the day.

As for LVG being a cancer at United, he is frustrating, I like him as a person but he has made it very hard work since he arrived with the results he has achieved.
    Hopefully he wins us the FA cup and we get 4th place and qualify for the CL next season.
    If he was a cancer, we would not have so many young players who appear good enough to play for United, he signed Martial who is our top scorer this season and who should only improve.
    His biggest mistake for this season was not signing an attacker/striker who is a proven prolific goalscorer.
    It could be argued LVG has kept to the United tradition with young players, one can argue it is due to necessity, but the signing of Martial showed that while he may be playing young players due to necessity, he will play players he has belief in irrespective of age.
    Then we are strongly linked with Renato Sanches, a 18 year old midfielder. A player that Barcelona reportedly had on a shortlist, but with what United paid for Martial and now likely for Sanches, it has left United accused of inflating prices for young highly talented players.
    Despite all the criticism that LVG receives and given some of the play and results, it is deserved, but he also has done good at the club.
    He will leave the club in much better shape than the club he took over in 2014.
    But he should be replaced for next season as struggling for 4th place in the league is not good enough.
    It's well known united signed him earlier than they wanted cos other teams were sniffing about, and his playing of youth players was absoloute necessity, considering Rashford only got in the team due to the injuries to our injury back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

jayo26 wrote: »

A draw is as good as a win.

• Advertisement

It's well known united signed him earlier than they wanted cos other teams were sniffing about, and his playing of youth players was absoloute necessity, considering Rashford only got in the team due to the injuries to our injury back up

Martial was only signed after Monaco failed to qualify for the CL group stages, Untied signed himn as they believed it would be a harder task if they were not to act, as they believed he would have more teams after him for this coming summer.
    I did say it was out of necessity, but if one looks at the history of Van Gaal, he has never been afraid to play young players, the epitome of this being his Ajax winning CL team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm not watching the Arsenal - City game today as it will frustrate the life out of me i bet. I'll just try ignore it until the last 10 minutes and check the score then.

We will know by the end of Tuesday where we are in terms of Champions League football. Its nearly over.

adox wrote: »
    A draw is as good as a win.

It will be if Swansea can keep their recent home form in tact - currently 4 wins in a row.
    City have not won their last two away games.

City have won their recent two home games in the PL, but of the last 6 home games they have won 3 and lost 3.

I think Swansea could cause something of an upset, they will want to end their season on a high at home.

Arsenal may have 2nd place to play for if Southampton can get something from their game with Spurs. After the meltdown at Stamford bridge anything is possible.

RobertKK wrote: »
    It will be if Swansea can keep their recent home form in tact - currently 4 wins in a row.
    City have not won their last two away games.

City have won their recent two home games in the PL, but of the last 6 home games they have won 3 and lost 3.

I think Swansea could cause something of an upset, they will want to end their season on a high at home.

Arsenal may have 2nd place to play for if Southampton can get something from their game with Spurs. After the meltdown at Stamford bridge anything is possible.

If Utd win their last two games a draw as good enough today for Utd to finish fourth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

DM_7 wrote: »
    Rashford started every game since Feb 25th (15 games) after never playing senior football before. Resting him today can't be described as strange.

United need him more against West Ham than they did today.

He could have rested him on the bench tho??

Bizarre

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He could have rested him on the bench tho??

Bizarre

Leaving Rashford out of the squad allows a real rest, physical and mentally.

If a decision is made to rest a player and they will not play, then they should be left at home. It would be a bizarre decision to bring him to Norwich, make him prepare for a match he won't play in and then put him on the bench, taking a spot from a player that could play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

If City beat Arsenal don't they leapfrog them into 3rd place. Arsenal won't want the hassle of the CL qualifiers so will be trying for at least a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

josip wrote: »
    If City beat Arsenal don't they leapfrog them into 3rd place. Arsenal won't want the hassle of the CL qualifiers so will be trying for at least a draw.

Yes thankfully that is the case. Arsenal should be very much up for this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

DM_7 wrote: »
    Leaving Rashford out of the squad allows a real rest, physical and mentally.

If a decision is made to rest a player and they will not play, then they should be left at home. It would be a bizarre decision to bring him to Norwich, make him prepare for a match he won't play in and then put him on the bench, taking a spot from a player that could play.

Yes, but also the manager must have seen something in training that Rashford needed a rest.
    If he was flying in training, I'd imagine he'd be in the team.

It's quite probable that he wouldn't have played well v Norwich.
    And of course bad luck that Martial got injured too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Yes, but also the manager must have seen something in training that Rashford needed a rest.
    If he was flying in training, I'd imagine he'd be in the team.

That's a logical view but you have to question LVG's judgement when you see how Memphis played yesterday.

Memphis has been rubbish all season and given the credit LVG has been given for promoting from the youth ranks it seems bizarre that Pereira or another of the successful U-21 players wasn't played instead.

His selections seem completely random sometimes and when it works it appears more by accident than design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I'm gonna be pretty pissed off if Arsenal don't beat City today. Arsenal should definitely be beating City but then again they are Arsenal - some days they play like champions, other days they just look out of it and play with no fight.....

Imagine if Welbeck scores the winning goal today :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I'm gonna be pretty pissed off if Arsenal don't beat City today. Arsenal should definitely be beating City but then again they are Arsenal - some days they play like champions, other days they just look out of it and play with no fight.....

Yeah an OG in injury time! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its a horrible feeling hoping Arsenal get a result to do you a favour.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Isn't it just! I don't think anyone apart from Arsenal fans of course will be surprised if they **** up today.

If City are "at it" then I don't think Arsenal will live wit them. They'll be out muscled and outfought.

City have been pretty poor in recent times though and genuinely look like they don't give a fùck.

As you've said yourself in the past, it's the hope that kills ya.

• Advertisement

A draw is all we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

It's a much worse feeling relying on the flakiest top team around for a result. No arsenal result surprises me anymore. A 4-0 win or loss today are equally likely imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

adox wrote: »
    A draw is all we need.

Thats what I'm rooting for, as much as I think City will down tools very easily even though they are at home, its Arsenal.

I have no faith in them to go there and put it up to them and get the win, a draw is possible though. Depends on which City turns up I suppose, the City who have looked like they were on holidays (possibly due to CL commitments) or City who want to finish the season with a flurry.

Plenty of those players may not be there next season so probably aren't too concerned about league position, hopefully.

This feckin hope thing is the worst....

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

What are the pemutations at this stage?

Anything but a City win and it's in our hands?

Korat wrote: »

You got it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Arsenal to get a result today. . .and we go and mess it up against West Ham :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Korat wrote: »

Yeah, draw leaves a mathematical chance of 3rd but it would require Villa not being absolute dog crap next week which is highly unlikely

Dave0301 wrote:
    Arsenal to get a result today. . .and we go and mess it up against West Ham

Truly sums up our season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Spurs helping us somewhat. If Southampton drop,points, Europa League is guaranteed.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Arsenal to get a result today. . .and we go and mess it up against West Ham :(

That would be typical of us to do. West Ham's defence yesterday was shambolic - if they play like that on Tuesday, we should definitely win the game.

I think people should stop underestimating Swansea who will be at home to City on the last day of the season.

The stats say it is going to be a tough two games for City:
    City have not beaten a top 6 side this season.
    Swansea have won their last four home games and then took that form to Upton Park yesterday.
    I think City get a draw at most in Swansea.
    Today's match is currently the biggest of our league season and we are not even in it.

That would be typical of us to do. West Ham's defence yesterday was shambolic - if they play like that on Tuesday, we should definitely win the game.

I think it would be typical of any team not to win a game where they're not favourite to win.

• Arsenal fan for the day so

Zerks we needs a match thread

I think it would be typical of any team not to win a game where they're not favourite to win.

Ah I'd say we are favourites to win though. We've beaten them very recently and their performance yesterday was much worse than ours I'd say

• Advertisement

Ah I'd say we are favourites to win though. We've beaten them very recently and their performance yesterday was much worse than ours I'd say

A west Ham win or a draw combined is still more likely than a United win. Without the draw I'd agree with you, but only just.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Arsenal fan for the day so

Zerks we needs a match thread

What a great idea ;)

Last game at Upton Park, hopefully the occasion gets to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

No the typical thing for united to do would be to manage to Fcuk up v Bournemouth

No the typical thing for united to do would be to manage to Fcuk up v Bournemouth

No that wouldn't be typical at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement