Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Two Pool/United matches in 1 week. Awesome :rolleyes:

:pac:

As long as we win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Two Pool/United matches in 1 week. Awesome :rolleyes:

man you are going to be busy lol

Won't be empty seats for the Europa league next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ha ha it just had to be them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If the second leg falls on paddys day and we got Liverpool then the mods will need too shut down boards ha ha

God help us all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Delighted with the draw and at home for the 2nd leg,it's worked out nicely.

St Patrick's day is going to be full of sport - Cheltenham, GAA club finals and then the biggest match of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is it 8pm ko for the second leg? Imagine the carnage in bars around the uk and Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

EL Liverpool v Man Utd Thu 10 Mar 18:00
    FA Man Utd v West Ham Sat 12 Mar 15:00
    EL Man Utd v Liverpool Thu 17 Mar 18:00
    EPL Man City v Man Utd Sun 20 Mar 16:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »

A shame we didn't beat West Ham. Could have been 3 games in a row vs United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Augme wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Surely your FA Cup match will be moved to the Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Surely be moved to Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Haha, total carnage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm only 30, but I'm not sure the heart could handle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Are the times confirmed? hardly both 6PM kick offs.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    For me, there's a few things. The main thing, though, is he'd be an utter unknown in the PL; he's done very well in Spain, but that doesn't always translate over. Jose, and to an extent with Poch, is someone we know can do extremely well in the league. Jose is as close to a "sure thing" you can get.

As far as youth goes, I feel thats something you strive to achieve when you can't or already have built a stable foundation of success in some terms. Youth was a big part of United but came with a mix of players in their prime as well, and players with experience.

I'd be looking to bring in a few top tier players and winning trophies, THEN worry about bringing in youth.
    Say the exact same about Pep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think they'll beat us once at least, there's no way Van Gaal finishes at United with a 100% record over them

• Paddys Day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Speak Now wrote: »
    Are the times confirmed? hardly both 6PM kick offs.

I'd say police would have it that way if they could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Delighted with that draw.

Equally bricking it with that draw.

Its gonna be an interesting week one way or another!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Worst draw we could have got. If we get knocked out by them its double bad but if we win then it would be great.

Hopefully LVG keeps up his win record over that lot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Some quotes from Midtjylland's rb Andre Romer about Memphis...

I have never been this close to crying after a match. I am devastated, and it's not going to be a good night of sleep.
    He is the best player I have ever faced. It is difficult to argue for anything else when he plays like this. He is the best. He can do anything. He will go inside, outside, turn me around and use his incredible pace to get past me.
    Obviously, I would have loved some more backup, but when I am the one being destroyed over and over, it is not fair to blame my teammates for anything.
    The second yellow card is a redundancy. Completely unnecessary. It will be a game I remember for a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yay we're in the quarter finals!

It's a loose lose situation for United.

Liverpool win your out.

United win Van Gaal keeps his job.

Though decision lads :D

• Advertisement

• emmetkenny wrote: »

Liverpool win your out.

He's keeping his job till the summer. Losing too or beating Liverpool isn't going to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

emmetkenny wrote: »

Liverpool win your out.

Win, Lose or draw we are stuck with Van Gaal until the end of the season. Thats been clear for a while now. Don't think beating Liverpool will buy him anything beyond the end of the season tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's keeping his job till the summer. Losing or beating Liverpool isn't going to change that.

agreed - if he wasn't sacked after december, or the Sunderland game then he is here til the summer regardless of what happens between now and then. The club have no appetite to make a change now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Cant see us getting 4th so i'd say he will be on his way in May.
    The Cup run and now this draw is a great distraction for the supporters and something to look forward to.
    Going up Sunday, hoping he gives the kids a go again, nothing to lose now and they looked very lively and hungry last night. In fact, it was as lively as I have seen us in a long time at OT, you cant beat youth at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Got a great deal on flights and hotel there for the Liverpool home game all be it having to fly in and out of Liverpool itself but no great hardship in doing that... now to score the all important match tickets... Europa cup it may be but should be a cracking atmosphere with both these sides locking horns in Europe.... bound to be very horny in fact :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's keeping his job till the summer. Losing or beating Liverpool isn't going to change that.

Ah it was only a joke.

Delighted we got drawn together because itll add that extra bit of exciement to the game. But saying that I'ma bit pissed off because the more PL teams through to the later stages the better for the CL coefficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

emmetkenny wrote: »

Liverpool win your out.

I dont care if it was Mike basset saving his job a win over Liverpool feels good any day of the week fuk that sh1t we would rry about the manager come the summer as long as we have something to play for this season we keep going

just to add my opinion....

FCUK LIVERPOOL.

I hate liverpool and i hate when United are playing liverpool - my nerves just can't take it. It is 'only' the europa league but it is LIVERPOOL. Getting knocked out of Europe by THEM! My heart won't be able to take the fear!

Absolutely delighted with the draw lads we are gonna have to play a few decent teams at some stage if we are gonna try win it so we may aswell play Liverpool before we play the decent teams. :):):):)

That two weeks or so is going to be MASSIVE.

Playing Liverpool twice in the EL, West Ham in the cup and City in the league. It could be amazing, it could be one of the worst two weeks of football in United's history! think it is Liverpool - West Ham - Liverpool - City.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

While I am half delighted/half fearful of the draw for the Europa League, let us remember the mods who will have to clean up those match threads when it inevitably kicks off...

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    While I am half delighted/half fearful of the draw for the Europa League, let us remember the mods who will have to clean up those match threads when it inevitably kicks off...

1. The reason I said no when I was asked many moons ago.
    2. Can't stand the match threads. I either talk about the games in here, or not at all (on boards). The match threads are poison at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

1. The reason I said no when I was asked many moons ago.
    2. Can't stand the match threads. I either talk about the games in here, or not at all (on boards). The match threads are poison at the best of times.

Yeah, you'd have to be a special kind of nuts to be Soccer Mod (No offence aimed at the incumbent mods)

All it takes is one remark to be taken the wrong way, and it all goes to hell in a hand basket.. Smart move/Common sense avoiding the match threads..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jayo26 wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted with the draw lads we are gonna have to play a few decent teams at some stage if we are gonna try win it so we may aswell play Liverpool before we play the decent teams. :):):):)

I love that you guys are so confident about this one. I think we'll give ye a game, cannot wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Early evening kick off for 2nd leg

Shakhtar-Anderlecht, Basel-Seville, Dortmund-Spurs and Fenerbahçe-Braga first legs kick off 19.000CET, second legs 21.05CET
    Villarreal-Leverkusen, Athletic-Valencia, Liverpool-United and Sparta-Lazio first legs kick off 21.05CET, second legs 19.00CET

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I think they'll beat us once at least, there's no way Van Gaal finishes at United with a 100% record over them

Don't forget next season. His contract runs to 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Times for the game is set.

10 Mar: Liverpool v #mufc - 20:05 GMT 17 Mar: #mufc v Liverpool - 18:00 GMT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The bods at Setanta sports are rubbing their hands in glee!

8-10 wrote: »
    I love that you guys are so confident about this one. I think we'll give ye a game, cannot wait!

See thats what wrong with ye guys ya come in here and read one post and think ya know the run of the thread...

I was having a bit of banter I wouldnt be over confident but we have beaten ye twice already so we shouldn't be the ones worrying too much but that's just my opinion not the opinion of the rest of the thread most of the posts have been edgey.

Too average teams that any team could win or loose bring it on.

Fair enough, although with the way the season has gone you could also argue that pretty much every game has been a must win match. :pac: I don't think it's a stretch to say the match day squads might have looked different if United were flying high at the top of the table.

Ya thats the main problem its hard to blood youth in high pressure must win games. Turns out they have handled it very well so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

jayo26 wrote: »
    See thats what wrong with ye guys ya come in here and read one post and think ya know the run of the thread...

I was having a bit of banter I wouldnt be over confident but we have beaten ye twice already so we shouldn't be the ones worrying too much but that's just my opinion not the opinion of the rest of the thread most of the posts have been edgey.

Too average teams that any team could win or loose bring it on.

United have been hilariously sh*te, to the point that the football media can't stop talking about it. Yet despite that, they've still been less sh*te overall than Liverpool. United fans are well withing their rights to be confident, cocky even.

Thats the positive outlook we have been missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I could not be happier with that draw, absolutely delighted!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

We currently hold the bragging rights over Liverpool that may well change in March but untill then ye will have to eat up them scones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Delighted with the draw, really excited and can't wait for those 2 weeks

Lw1Bi3q.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement