Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh just been a little optimistic pal we will shower them with Kate love they be grand.

Kate love??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

gosplan wrote: »
    Kate love??

Sorry I ment "Kate Upton" love just to keep their spirits high ya know.

2gugm6u.jpg

Works for everyone here anyway

Happy Saturday night ya alll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Anyone know where I could catch the game in Manhattan area tomorrow? Staying in the tines square area so the closer to there the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rooney last night at the boxing was wearing a knee brace on his right knee.

Looked serious enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I'm sure the Ronaldo rumours will go into overdrive after his comments last night. I wasn't too pushed on him coming back in the first place but I wouldn't want him near the club if that's the way he's carrying on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If it was to happen ideal time was last couple of seasons, but think it's not meant be.

I'm sure the Ronaldo rumours will go into overdrive after his comments last night. I wasn't too pushed on him coming back in the first place but I wouldn't want him near the club if that's the way he's carrying on.

Missed that, what did say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Missed that, what did say?

https://twitter.com/dermotmcorrigan/status/703636447006339072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

A clown who can't come to terms with his own decline so he throws his teammates under the bus.

Ya tbf he's acted like spoilt brat here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ronaldo's a dick.

But I'm sure he looks at Barca's smart buying of Neymar and Suarez and compares it to Madrid's profile driven scouting.

Like he never would have won as much as Messi. Barca had a team like Ajax when they won in Europe or Utd class of 99. Just a load of excellent players coming through from youth teams at the same time. But they also had the best player ever. Like imagine 10 years of Messi in with Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham.

But Madrid have had him for so long and failed to implement any cohesive plan around him. He should have won a lot more.

He's a d1ck and only a d1ck would say what he said. But there should be better players at that club.

• Advertisement

"I don't want to disrespect anyone, but when the best players aren't available it's harder to win," Ronaldo said.

"I like to play with Karim, with Bale, with Marcelo.

"I'm not saying the others like Lucas Vazquez, Jese and Mateo Kovacic are not good players - they are very good players - but it's not the same."

That's toxic for a dressing room.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, the "Jose to Real Madrid" rumours are starting up again :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah, the "Jose to Real Madrid" rumours are starting up again :(

But it's a done deal with United.....

J. Marston wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/dermotmcorrigan/status/703636447006339072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

A clown who can't come to terms with his own decline so he throws his teammates under the bus.

34 goals in 33 games this season fuk I wish rooney declined like that.

Was an ass thing to say alright but it just goes to show he will never come back to United.......... Could you imagine what he would have to say after a game with some of our lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is martial 100℅ out today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That's toxic for a dressing room.

Nothing in that quote is wrong though is it?

You can crib about him saying it publicly, he shouldn't do that. It is an honest statement though, of course he would rather play with Karim then Jese, not saying Jese is not a good player, but it isn't the same, it clearly isn't sure.... He makes a point to say they are very good players but obviously it is easier to win when your best players are available.

Best left behind closed doors obviously but can't fault the accuracy.

We do say we look for more honesty and less media trained responses from players but often when they do say something not PC they get lambasted so can't reallt blame them anymore.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Nalz wrote: »
    Is martial 100℅ out today?

M.E.N saying both him and Smalling out.Rashford starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hopefully Rashford can continue paralleling Macheda and get another goal today.

• Advertisement

Nothing in that quote is wrong though is it?

You can crib about him saying it publicly, he shouldn't do that. It is an honest statement though, of course he would rather play with Karim then Jese, not saying Jese is not a good player, but it isn't the same, it clearly isn't sure.... He makes a point to say they are very good players but obviously it is easier to win when your best players are available.

Best left behind closed doors obviously but can't fault the accuracy.

We do say we look for more honesty and less media trained responses from players but often when they do say something not PC they get lambasted so can't reallt blame them anymore.

That's just making excuses for him. You say yourself he shouldn't say it publicly but that's what he did and that's the only reason anybody is talking about it.

What if De Gea came out and said the reason he's not keeping as many clean sheets is because the defence is a bit sh1t when got at?
    It might be true but you don't say it.

Its pretty straight forward in fairness.

Ed rings ronaldo and says you need to shake up the dressing room so they will allow you leave.

Ronaldo says my team mates are ****.

Real want him out

United want him in.

RonaldON

He didn't say they were a bit **** though, he said they are good player, very good players, but he would prefer to play with Karim etc as it is easier to win when you have your best players on the field.

Its a long way from saying they are ****.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Timothy Fosu-Mensah is the latest Manchester United academy product who has earned a first-team squad promotion.

The Dutchman, 18, predominantly plays in central midfield but has also played at right-back and centre-back for the Under-21s this season and is expected to be on the bench against Arsenal today.
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fosu-mensah-manchester-united-arsenal-10961101

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Just seen the players walking in on sky.

Fosu mensah and Januzaj are in the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'd say when Ronaldo looks back on his career he will regret staying at Madrid so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

zerks wrote: »
    M.E.N saying both him and Smalling out.Rashford starting.
    Thanks!

He didn't say they were a bit **** though, he said they are good player, very good players, but he would prefer to play with Karim etc as it is easier to win when you have your best players on the field.

It's still wrong to come out and say what he did. I don't think what he said was wrong, but you have to keep that shít behind closed doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

there was no need for Ronaldo to say what he did even if it was true

Barca seem to be getting to him, he should have never left us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

De Gea starts

I didn't say he did. It's an exaggerated, hypothetical situation. He shouldn't be saying anything like that in the public eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

I don't think StringerBell said anywhere that Ronaldo was right to come out and say it. :confused:

adox wrote: »
    I'd say when Ronaldo looks back on his career he will regret staying at Madrid so long.

You think Ronaldo will not like being referred to being Madrids All time top scorer than your mad. He will prob cry the day it gets beat if it does.

That bench is worrying.

We could get hammered today right? Like all we beat was a poor Shrewsbury and unfit danish outfit

You think Ronaldo will not like being referred to being Madrids All time top scorer than your mad. He will prob cry the day it gets beat if it does.

I'm talking about the trophies he could have won.

Thanks for calling me mad. Not surprising from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That bench is worrying.

It's an u21's bench

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

We could get hammered today right? Like all we beat was a poor Shrewsbury and unfit danish outfit

Hate saying it but I can see it happening, just too weak in our squad

Where would he have went to though?

I dont think he will have many regrets.

I'm talking about the trophies he could have won.

Thanks for calling me mad. Not surprising from you.

Think Ronnie cares more about personal stuff tbh... Mad was just an expression wasn't meant as an insult...

• Advertisement

Think Ronnie cares more about personal stuff tbh... Mad was just an expression wasn't meant as an insult...

Ah fair enough, I took you up wrong.

Where would he have went to though?

I dont think he will have many regrets.

Dunno tbh. Munich maybe? I'm talking about more trophies that he could have won to reflect his talent and I don't think his time at Madrid reflects that.

I didn't even think about the goal scoring record until Micksjaguar brought it up and it's a fair point, as is him only being interested in himself, but even with that accounted for I'd say trophies would be more prestigious to him than a goal scoring record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Given the team and squad for todays game, I can't see us getting anything out of it.

Blind and Carrick at CB is a disaster - neither have any pace and Walcott, Sanchez and Welbeck will make sh1t of them. Also, unless Herrera seriously ups his game defensively the midfield pairing of him and Schneiderlin will get over run.

This is gonna be ugly.

Blame lies completely with LVG too, imo. He created this barebones squad that was built to rely on the fitness of players who are sick-notes. He should have seen last season that Smalling (who generally could actually be relied on this season), Jones and Rojo could not be relied upon - yet the squad he built has demanded it. Even Shaw last season was a player that got injured a lot, but him staying fit was sseemingly key to LVGs plans this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Nice blend of youth players today. Hopefully they can put in a shift. Would rather Riley starting ahead of Rojo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

glued wrote: »
    Nice blend of youth players today. Hopefully they can put in a shift. Would rather Riley starting ahead of Rojo.

Why ? An inexperienced kid over a proven quality international defender in what is already a very depleted team especially in defence and in what is in reality a huge game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Gonna take a real hammering today I expect. Arsenal by two goals would be my guess. De Gea to keep it from getting too embarrassing.

I didn't say he did. It's an exaggerated, hypothetical situation. He shouldn't be saying anything like that in the public eye.

I understand, but I assume he was being interviewed? I don't think he just released a statement did he, I have been ill and didn't watch any football yesterday, only came around for the boxing last night, from the post of yours I responded to I am assuming he was interviewed after a match or something?

An off the cuff remark like that wouldn't bother me, obviously those things are better kept private but I wouldn't take any issue with it at the same time. I understand why others would though.

To more important things, Carrick and Blind at centre half today is a nightmare for me, just hoping Schneiderlin is in top form, as he will need to be to provide good cover for them. Hopefully Rashford can use his low profile and quickness to his advantage against Mert.

I doubt we get a good result today all things considered, but with the line up available there is no way we can play to be defensive so hopeful of some attacking impetus anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I understand, but I assume he was being interviewed? I don't think he just released a statement did he, I have been ill and didn't watch any football yesterday, only came around for the boxing last night, from the post of yours I responded to I am assuming he was interviewed after a match or something?

An off the cuff remark like that wouldn't bother me, obviously those things are better kept private but I wouldn't take any issue with it at the same time. I understand why others would though.

To more important things, Carrick and Blind at centre half today is a nightmare for me, just hoping Schneiderlin is in top form, as he will need to be to provide good cover for them. Hopefully Rashford can use his low profile and quickness to his advantage against Mert.

I doubt we get a good result today all things considered, but with the line up available there is no way we can play to be defensive so hopeful of some attacking impetus anyway.

I don't know, against Arsenal first time around they blitzed the midfield which will be a bit harder with Herrera and Schneiderlin in there. Carrick and Blind are smart with the ball in front of them and Rojo can tuck in for the high balls. Arsenal are better almost everywhere but i think United have a chance in the middle.

We could be destroyed off our own corners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

J. Marston wrote: »

:rolleyes:

As is often the case, the quote is deliberately taken out of context. He was asked something about the first team players missing due to injury and replied that if they had stayed as injury-free as he has this season they might be in first place. But that doesn't suit the agenda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement