Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Keystone cops defending again.

Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hope Bangkok was watching that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

LVG has won me back with those theatrics :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Finally emotion from LVG on the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• 5 mins please

Come on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really happy with today. Rashford looks like a great striker, with amazing positioning, but it needs to be said the players round him all played really well today.

Its great that the u21s have stepped up so massively. They've looked way better than the senior players over the last few weeks. We shouldn't have been in a position where we needed to rely on them so much, but it's been great that they've really stepped up with passion and hunger. Hopefully they aren't just dropped and never seen again when the senior players come back a bit.

Probably the biggest win we've had this season. Would expect the Jose stories to kick into overdrive now; his side will be leaking all sorts of stuff now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

F**k yeah.

• Advertisement

Brilliant from United!!

Classless from Wenger walking away without a handshake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If we just play all of the under 21s we might win the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Fcuking unbelievable Jeff, unbelievable.

:D:D:D

• God I love Utd

That was the best week to be a Utd fan in a long time

I'm a happy fan regardless what happens this year

It's the little things in life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Get
    In!!!!!

Delighted!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I didn't think we had a hope today, with the team and squad put out but fair fcuk it was a well fought for and we'll deserved win.

Delighted with the performance and result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What a win,cant beat hard work, result well deserved

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We'll never win anything with the kids....

The past couple of performances brings back memories of the 80s when we didn't know what might happen. Plenty of enjoyment whenever we did play though. Hopefully the management are learning a little from recent "developments" and the kids may get a bit more opportunity to show what they are capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

That was very enjoyable and thoroughly deserved. So many positives to take from that game.

The only negative thought that niggles away in the back of my mind is that by some knock on butterfly effect this good run of performances might somehow cause us to end up with Giggs as manager next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

3 wins in a week scoring 10 goals and Louis taking the piss out of arsenals diving :D

We can hardly sack him now!!!!!

Me birthday today, you're welcome lads :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Said a few weeks ago the Depay should be sent to the reserves for a game or two to build his confidence.

Looks like I was right for once. Looks to be full of confidence.

Varela is our best full back, oozes class with the ball at his feet.

Herrera won so many tackles in midfield (seemed like it anyway)

Fosu-mensah looked nervous but he was being played completely out of his position.

(couldn't resist that 35% off kits on our store so bought Rashford 39 Home kit)

<snip>

Kate is delighted with that result. DELIGHTED

As are we all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Gonna take a real hammering today I expect. Arsenal by two goals would be my guess. De Gea to keep it from getting too embarrassing.

I F*CKING LOVE BEING WRONG!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nothing flashy today from Depay but still a very good performance. So calm and assured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Great result for van Gaal. He has an excellent record with young players. It's brilliant seeing these young players playing with such confidence. I'd rather give it a shot with a nice blend of youth than see the usual static dross that we've seen all season. Depay was excellent again and he put in a shift defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Absolutely delighted and although I still want him gone and getting rid of him is the right move for the club, I'm delighted to see Van Gaal get that win and look so happy at the end.

Memphis stood up again, and although less flashy than Thursday, put in a great shift which was just as impressive. Young lads did great in the main.

My one big gripe would still be Schneiderlin. Again I was totally underwhelmed by him as I have been for most of the season.

Arsenal were gutless and as bad as us at the back despite having CBs!!!

Special mention for Varela again. He does get caught positional sometimes but he is a little firecracker with a great attitude and he compliments Lingaard perfectly on the right. So much pace and directness on the right, with a pacy player up front it nearly forces the team to play at pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nothing flashy today from Depay but still a very good performance. So calm and assured.

I thought he held the ball up very well. Looked really composed and comfortable with the ball when he was under pressure. It would be brilliant if he kicked on now and had a strong finish to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

J. Marston wrote: »

Except for this

https://twitter.com/RedsUnited_ID/status/703973800837132288

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Depay can be a star for the club you can see he has the class. His attitude is all that would hold him back this week has been huge for him and I hope we can all move forward and finish season on a high.

One way another Van Gaal be gone this summer but hope he least goes out on a high.

Delighted. Great performance all round. Depay playing with confidence which is good to see. Rashford - what more can be said?

• Advertisement

KH25 wrote: »
    Delighted. Great performance all round. Depay playing with confidence which is good to see. Rashford - what more can be said?

Souness looked dumbfounded at half time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

absolutely buzzing. fantastic performance and 3 points. everyone played class, fight and heart goes a long way. Typical Arsenal bottle it come Feb/Mar.

Louis van Gaal's dive was the moment of the season. Crowd loved it.

• I'm going to make today the world record for thanking posts
    Need to beat yermandan

Been some change in attitude since the young lads have come in and around the team,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Now beat Watford, then West Brom, then Liverpool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Been some change in attitude since the young lads have come in and around the team,

Makes you wonder if its changes to the system or changes to the players that have sparked the recent good performances (barring Sunderland).

RobertKK wrote: »
    Now beat Watford, then West Brom, then Liverpool...

Its our year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Absolutely lost my **** today. My United passion is in full swing.

Such a great team performance. It was so ropey looking before kickoff and to do that, even when converting to keep the plan in effect. Well done to them. No fear of the players not trying for Van Gaal.

Rashford, what a story. He's going to get a good run of games now.

Memphis properly on the mend. While he wasn't visceral as Thursday his holdup play was excellent and gave the defence a good breather. And that touch second half.

Seems have remembered he's a fantastic footballer at the right time.

The Herrera Schneiderlan axis did well again. Wasn't impressed with Schneiderlan on the two goals but he did a good shift in front of the back four.

If the team doesn't gain a massive shot in the arm from this week nothing will.

And fans who likes their manager on the touchline probably got the beat bit of antics all season from anyone :D

• Sand wrote: »
    Makes you wonder if its changes to the system or changes to the players that have sparked the recent good performances (barring Sunderland).

This is defiantly debateable that's for sure.
    Thing is the young lads have shown the energy and effort required and you could argue this is required for this system to work

They have put a lot if not most of the senior players to shame at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Happy out with the result :D, Arsenal came to Old Trafford expecting an easy win, boy were they MASSIVELY disappointed.. And agreeing with what Bangkok said, it's typical of Arsenal around this time every season they seem to bottle it/the rot sets in..

Sand wrote: »

Im convinced its the the younger players,as I said watching the game Thursday night,they are playing without fear and are driving the team on

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

I fear I may be the scud. When the kids were born 4 years ago I was trim and had myself a Utd shirt. Then the sleepless nights started and I piled a load of weight on, to the point of refusing to buy another Utd shirt. Recently the kids sleep has settled down and I have lost some weight and fit back into my old shirts. Today was the first time I have worn a Utd shirt on match day in about 2 and a half years.

I would like to formally apologise to David Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How Van Gaal continues with these youngsters for the rest of the season is going to put Mourinhos clamour into sharp perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I haven't been that excited watching United in ages ... loving horny United :p

Full credit to the young players. They're showing no fear and playing very well. Brilliant to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

What a win, what a performance.

Graeme Souness devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

LVG diving vid should be the opening post in all future United threads.

dubmick wrote: »
    What a win, what a performance.

Graeme Souness devastated.

The Merse wont be happy either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

irishfeen wrote: »
    I haven't been that excited watching United in ages ... loving horny United :p

You could say they are up for the challenge for the rest of the season.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    LVG diving vid should be the opening post in all future United threads.

Along with a gif of Kate :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement