Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tbh I didn't really care if Liverpool won, especially after our win, can't say I'm overly delighted to see City win another trophy.

But match thread was comedy gold again

I know now why try avoid them as much as can although had 3-4 posts myself today I'll admit

• Tbh I didn't really care if Liverpool won, especially after our win, can't say I'm overly delighted to see City win another trophy.

But match thread was comedy gold again

I know now why try avoid them as much as can although had 3-4 posts myself today I'll admit

Sorry Kew

I hate Liverpool more than I hate City
    This week has been gold as a Utd fan

3 wins and Liverpool lose in the final :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Would have preferred Liverpool to win over City. Despise them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,584 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

J. Marston wrote: »
    We Win, Leicester win, Spurs win and Liverpool lose. Pretty much a perfect footballing weekend.

Spurs and Leicester losing as well would have been better Shirley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mata has been immense the last few weeks. Subtly controlling everything in a free role. Amazing what sticking willing runners around him at 10 will do. If he can rediscover his goal scoring touch......

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sorry Kew

I hate Liverpool more than I hate City
    This week has been gold as a Utd fan

3 wins and Liverpool lose in the final :D

Oh no problem with anybody being happy. Totally understand. It was good weekend for us and the other blips were bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

At least when city win there's only about 10 supporters in the whole country to avoid, where as liverpool supporters come out of the woodwork everywhere;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

In these dark days of United not winning anything, Liverpool schadenfreude keeps me going.

Thankfully it's an unlimited resource. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

KevIRL wrote: »
    Spurs and Leicester losing as well would have been better Shirley?

Nah, we're not catching them now so anything that pulls them away from Arsenal is all good with me.

City is our target now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'm still dancing :D

swanson-dance.gif

• Looks like I'm resuming my Thank Record at 80 Thanks

Lets aim for 200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Mata has been immense the last few weeks. Subtly controlling everything in a free role. Amazing what sticking willing runners around him at 10 will do. If he can rediscover his goal scoring touch......

Yeah, he gets a lot of stick when the team is doing poorly, he is quality when the team plays well.

At least when city win there's only about 10 supporters in the whole country to avoid, where as liverpool supporters come out of the woodwork everywhere;)

That's the number 1 factor for me. My Whatsapp is eerily quiet right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Know a few Arsenal & Pool supporters, boy they'll be getting plenty of friendly abuse tomorrow :D.. Don't think I've ever looked forward to a Monday so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

All I can say is roll on Watford

Lets keep the recovery going :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

chupacabra wrote: »
    Nobody gives a **** about the League cup until they win it.

would argue semi-finalists, being serious.

If United go out prior to the semi's I don't really care - but once you get that far it is trophy you are in a position to win - so go win it. Would be the same with the Europa League to be honest - though losing in the round of 16 would be GUTTING this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They always have next year ;);)

Delighted with the performance by our own team today most of all, I know the youths are probably not first choice but it is two fingers up to the press and supporters who have been hyperbolic about not spending money on Academy.

Rashford looks good but i wouldnt be getting carried away with it he has certainly earned the right to be more involved in the first team now but of all the players I have to say I'm most impressed with varella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It seems it took a shedload of injuries to force LVG into altering his philosophy of stay in your assigned position and pass the ball aimlessly,it's amazing what a bit of movement can do,we look actually dangerous in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jayo26 wrote: »
    They always have next year ;);)

Delighted with the performance by our own team today most of all, I know the youths are probably not first choice but it is two fingers up to the press and supporters who have been hyperbolic about not spending money on Academy.

Rashford looks good but i wouldnt be getting carried away with it he has certainly earned the right to be more involved in the first team now but of all the players I have to say I'm most impressed with varella.

well the argument is the academy has been left to slowly rot over the last few years - it would take time for such neglect to fully manifest itself. Players like Rashford, Lingard have been here for years. Also, the players that we do have, are of good quality (or a number of them are) - such as Fosu-Mensah, Williams, Tuanzebe and, in terms of attacking talent, especially Gribbon. But there is a very alarming lack of numbers at the club - and the number of coaches, scouts and staff in general is quite low.

At the weekend a player in the Under 16 side was subbed off, so that he could take a place on the bench for the U18 side who were playing on the next pitch - think he came on too.

Apparently a number of deals that were in place for last summer fell apart after McClair left and the club secretary got involved.

seemingly there is going to be a big intake of new players in the summer, with a number of the current lot not being given new contracts.

• Advertisement

That's the number 1 factor for me. My Whatsapp is eerily quiet right now :)

12806186_986898028013759_1044113551101931282_n.jpg?oh=ab85884b34301d5dde2c8c46543baa72&oe=575ABF81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

zerks wrote: »
    Walcott had only 17 touches of the ball today and made 6 accurate passes.To think I was worried about his pace facing up to Blind and Carrick.

I'd forgotten he was playing until he was caught offside or gave away a freekick about 35 minutes in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yeah, he gets a lot of stick when the team is doing poorly, he is quality when the team plays well.

Thats the problem with Mata though, its when things are bad that you need your big players to step up and perform, but Mata has never done that for us. Like Rooney he deserved any criticism he got this season, he was very poor far too many times.

That said, it isn't really a surprise to see him playing better in a central role with players running around him, thats rather obviously the best way to ultilise him. And yet month after month game after game he was played out on the right. Made no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Would have preferred Liverpool to win over City. Despise them.

You must work from home, or in a rugby club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Seems our luck with injuries has struck again.

After knee sliding across the front room after the third goal, I've tweaked a groin muscle, in bips. Could be 2-3 weeks out of exuberant celebrations

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/TheUnitedTheory/status/704004076745285632?p=v

Reporter: "So how will you celebrate tonight?"
    Rashford: "I won't be celebrating tonight. I have a chemistry exam tomorrow, Varela has too"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

That was orgasmic.

[Mod Snip]

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/TheUnitedTheory/status/704004076745285632?p=v

Reporter: "So how will you celebrate tonight?"
    Rashford: "I won't be celebrating tonight. I have a chemistry exam tomorrow, Varela has too"

Head firmly fixed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Schneiderlin was poor today

He turned his back on the ball in two occasions
    The first time was the free in from which we conceeded

I thought he was much improved in the second half, he had a tough job today so I cut him a bit of slack maybe.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Thats the problem with Mata though, its when things are bad that you need your big players to step up and perform, but Mata has never done that for us. Like Rooney he deserved any criticism he got this season, he was very poor far too many times.

That said, it isn't really a surprise to see him playing better in a central role with players running around him, thats rather obviously the best way to ultilise him. And yet month after month game after game he was played out on the right. Made no sense.

But that's just Mata, you know what you're getting when you buy a player like him. Rooney is the type of player that grabs a game by the scruff and drags you through it.
    Mata is useless in a lethargic attack, he relies on the movement of others to flourish. United have been slow and haphazard in their passing for a lot of the season

There are lots of players like that, some people call them luxury players but if you have a well oiled machine he is a vital cog.

New angle.. his face :pac: there is also a photoshop battle going on over on reddit

louis-van-gaal-manager-of-manchester-united-makes-a-point-to-the-picture-id512843498

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

astradave wrote: »
    New angle.. his face :pac:

That's just Phil Jones

fdoEPip.jpg

Best one!

ZB2sQdE.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, a follow up to earlier....

Mickeroo issued a warning earlier to cut out the gifs of scantily clad women (and linked it in the opening post of the thread, AND put a message about the warning in the thread title), and warned cards would follow if it continued. I hate having to issue cards for such things, but the reality is such images are really not appropriate for the United thread, as they aren't safe for work. There are a tonne of places online where you can see such pictures, but for many, the United thread being NSFW is a major issue.

And thats ignoring the fact that it can be, at times, massively misogynistic, and off putting to any women who read the thread.

If ye want bikini-clad women, NSFW pictures, and so on, there's a million places to find them, but not here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is this the longest run Mata has got at number 10 since he joined the club?

Who knew he might be better there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

4547024.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Is this the longest run Mata has got at number 10 since he joined the club?

Who knew he might be better there....

A few people have mentioned it already but playing Mata at 10 and surrounding him with pacy players and overlapping fullbacks is a match made in heaven. Mata is physically quite a slow player but his vision, touch, football brain and movement make him very dangerous when used correctly.

It will be very interesting to see how the season plays for us from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Surely if LVG had shown that level of engagement throughout the season (well, anything more than sitting on his arse all game), he wouldn't have got anything like the level of abuse he has. I wonder what's changed for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think he knows he's retiring in three months

The players seem to be playing with more freedom now too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, a follow up to earlier....

Well lads the short winning streak was nice while it lasted.

Loss to Watford gaurenteed.

That Jose Sniper gif is best thing since slice pan

• Advertisement

That Jose Sniper gif is best thing since slice pan

Priceless stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Great stuff today, but let's hope that LVG sees the light that we need to use our pacy players and keep the boys that aren't performing away from the team.

Hopefully the rumours about Rooney to China are true, he shouldn't be allowed to walk back into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Don't post in here that often but that was fantastic today. Was expecting a bit of a beating when I saw the line up but was excited to watch the game as you could sense that if nothing else it would be a performance of real zest & effort.

I know Rashford got MOTM but I thought Memphis was absolutely outstanding. Real attacking intent when needed, strength in hold up play, very good use of possession & worked very hard overall. He looked like a €25 million pound leader of a team, which gives great encouragement for the rest of the season with him.

Delighted to see Fosu-Mensah cone on, think he is one that could become a star at the club. Looks to have everything you want to become a dominant midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

After watching that back on MotD in the cold light of day it's a rare hairs on the neck standing buzz to see a kid that's come through the ranks do what Rashford did today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I should never be doubted, I called it well with Depay. Depay once again a great game

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement