Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Fa cup looking much more winnable with Spurs and City heading out, if we can get our s*hit in gear quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Fa cup looking much more winnable with Spurs and City heading out, if we can get our s*hit in gear quickly.

Exactly, I'd be delighted with it.

astradave wrote: »
    I laughed :D

Anyways seems Red Issue really went to pot on twitter the last half an hour. Crazy stuff they are coming out with and really wouldn't put it by the club if true

Too many tweets to link in on my phone.

https://twitter.com/RedIssue

I've seen the Glazers contemplating a new CEO in a few places now, not just them.

They absolutely dispise Woodward so its hard to know, but you can be sure there is an element of truth in some of that which reflects badly on everybody including Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Regardless of anything else, it has been way too long since we last won the FA cup

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Spurs gone.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Total batsh*t crazy stuff from The Red Issue as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I've seen the Glazers contemplating a new CEO in a few places now, not just them.

They absolutely dispise Woodward so its hard to know, but you can be sure there is an element of truth in some of that which reflects badly on everybody including Fergie.

I've seen more about the DOF style person coming in to look after the football matters and basically helping Woody by reducing his workload significantly.

In fairness the Red issue tweets read like a conspiracy theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Imagine a Man Utd vs Chelsea FA Cup final with Jose as our manager :P

If only football was that crazy!!!

Imagine a Man Utd vs Chelsea FA Cup final with Jose as our manager :P

If only football was that crazy!!!

If.right was right, it should happen .

City pretty much gone now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Agreed. It's been more than 10 years since we won FA cup.

With Spurs, City, Liverpool all going out we have a decent chance but I'm very much sure that we will get knocked out tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Spurs record after euro Thursdays is awful, good chance they will slip down the table the longer they stay in the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Stick to the day job man, because comedy isn't your thing especially with your head firmly planted into the sand.

;)

Ah come on now Homer, its hardly life and death stuff.

Its football and football only.

Yes its frustrating, yes it's disappointing, yes its maddening, but its only a game.

If we can't have a bit of a laugh at the absolute preposterousness of grown men and women getting in an awful lather over a football team then what can we laugh at?

That's not just directed at you BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I laughed :D

Anyways seems Red Issue really went to pot on twitter the last half an hour. Crazy stuff they are coming out with and really wouldn't put it by the club if true

Too many tweets to link in on my phone.

https://twitter.com/RedIssue

Red issue are tweeting like I use to text after a night of beer and cant sleep.

That looks like the biggest load of crap conspiracy theories ever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just goes to show how small a competition the fa cup has become looking at citys lineup

Ah come on now Homer, its hardly life and death stuff.

Its football and football only.

Yes its frustrating, yes it's disappointing, yes its maddening, but its only a game.

Biggest pile of condescending rubbish I've read on here.

My ex came out with this one day when she complained about trips to games and watching too much football "It's only football".....she got dumped a few days later.

This is a discussion forum which has many people who care a lot about football and Manchester United. the club may not be important for you, but i think I speak for a lot of people when I say it's very important for most people who post on here.

bangkok wrote: »
    just goes to show how small a competition the fa cup has become looking at citys lineup

We should go out to win it.

Who's left new, Chelsea and The Arse is it?

Cue Shrewsbury turning us over tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

We should go out to win it.

Who's left new, Chelsea and The Arse is it?

Cue Shrewsbury turning us over tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

yea we should but we wont. we are rubbish

Biggest pile of condescending rubbish I've read on here.

My ex came out with this one day when she complained about trips to games and watching too much football "It's only football".....she got dumped a few days later.

This is a discussion forum which has many people who care a lot about football and Manchester United. the club may not be important for you, but i think I speak for a lot of people when I say it's very important for most people who post on here.

Condescending?

That's rich coming from you, of all people.

Homer of the paid forums.

Homer the "real fan"

If being a real fan means that everything else in life plays second fiddle then you can keep the real fandom.

You are actually an anorak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

We can safely say that LVG wlll still be in charge when we play Arsenal next weekend (cat see us losing tomorrow night and not overtuing the 2-1 defeat to the danish side and possibly even after that match win lose or draw due to who we are playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Chelsea v Everton

Arsenal/Hull vs Watford

Shrewsbury/Man United vs. West Ham

Reading vs. Crystal Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Home to West Ham in the cup, after we demolish Shrewsbury tomorrow.

Home to west ham if we get through.

Very difficult game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Draw has been kind but United are probably too rubbish to be able to capitalise on it. Couldn't see us winning it out.

West Ham absolutely rubbing their hands with glee at that draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its funny, but also sad because you're probably right!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I don't no then Shrewsbury be a tough place the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

jayo26 wrote: »
    Only for the Man U fans who have a bit of a trip up from London. The team will be there in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Guys been on a stag in Munich over the weekend
    What have I missed out on??
    Took a trip out to the Allianz pre match,some craic I froze my nuts off but nice to say I was there

Only for the Man U fans who have a bit of a trip up from London. The team will be there in no time.

300tt9v.gif

brinty wrote: »
    Took a trip out to the Allianz pre match,some craic I froze my nuts off but nice to say I was there

Van Gaal was sacked and Giggs was installed, we went through 3 super threads until we came to terms with it

i reckon we will be the monday night game, if we get through to the 1/4 especially if its fixed before our Europa game on Thursday which it will - we cant play Saturday due to the possibility of the Thursday game

Arsenal play barcelona that week so defo wont be the monday night game, liverpool v chelsea was support to be the sunday TV game so that will be replaced by Everton V Chelsea now, with reading v palace on the saturday morning slot.

brinty wrote: »

Does that mean you aint responsible for this article???

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/opinion-why-rachel-riley-should-be-considered-for-the-manchester-united-job/65673

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Agreed. It's been more than 10 years since we won FA cup.

With Spurs, City, Liverpool all going out we have a decent chance but I'm very much sure that we will get knocked out tomorrow.

How the mighty have fallen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Congrats. My post of the day, despite the poor grammar.

Canadel wrote: »
    Congrats. My post of the day, despite the poor grammar.

Haha just noticed it now luckily I don't give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

3 wins in a row for Neville. Happy for him after a horrific start to his management career. Needs to keep it going obv.

• Advertisement

Looks like Gary Neville is making a late run to succeed lvg, been a good week for the Man fair play the him.

on the topics of big world class signings and lack of CL fotball, not sure it necessarily is the way to go this summer or will even be the aim despite what Woodward told us during the year - a rethink on the squad will surely happen under a new manager, which will move the goalposts a little bit in terms of recruitment.

Would think next summer is all about squad building to get a crack at top 3, get stable and have a go at the league and CL the following season, therefore any world class big names would be done in 2017 to supliment the work this year.

we need at least 5 players in this summer and that is going to cost £100m + minimum especially if there is a striker in there. there is only so much money we can spend and surely the priority will be a CB, Striker, Winger, Right Back and pacey CM before we even go looking at a big name.

Payat looks a super player, i know he just signed a new contract but he is worth a look, likewise Mahrez and several more like Lukaku. Can see jose wanting Stones also if he gets the job.

the likes of Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Morgan, Memphis and Rojo will also be on their last chance as their careers are at a cross roads now and being shipped out by Jose or any new manager, is a big possibilty though i think they will get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Mahrez is number one priority for me. I'd pay whatever it takes to get him within reason.

on the topics of big world class signings and lack of CL fotball, not sure it necessarily is the way to go this summer or will even be the aim despite what Woodward told us during the year - a rethink on the squad will surely happen under a new manager, which will move the goalposts a little bit in terms of recruitment.

Would think next summer is all about squad building to get a crack at top 3, get stable and have a go at the league and CL the following season, therefore any world class big names would be done in 2017 to supliment the work this year.

we need at least 5 players in this summer and that is going to cost £100m + minimum especially if there is a striker in there. there is only so much money we can spend and surely the priority will be a CB, Striker, Winger, Right Back and pacey CM before we even go looking at a big name.

Payat looks a super player, i know he just signed a new contract but he is worth a look, likewise Mahrez and several more like Lukaku. Can see jose wanting Stones also if he gets the job.

the likes of Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Morgan, Memphis and Rojo will also be on their last chance as their careers are at a cross roads now and being shipped out by Jose or any new manager, is a big possibilty though i think they will get a chance.

Personally myself id love to see Nainggolan signed for center midfield I think he is exactly the type of player we need to play as a box to box player and loads of energy and pace.

I think alot of them players would find some confidence again with a new enthusiastic manager.

jayo26 wrote:

jayo26 wrote:

Damn it Jayo
    You've me rumbled
    That was really the purpose of trip to Munich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Mahrez is number one priority for me. I'd pay whatever it takes to get him within reason.

Would be an awesome signing but I think it would be crazy for him and Vardy to move on from Leicester after just 1 successful season.

Especially considering the fact they will be in Europe next season playing against top clubs and players while we probably won't.

But who knows, nowadays money talks!

Samuel luckhurst claiming that jose has a gentleman's agreement to take over from lvg. Doesn't seem that be anything new just the usual guesswork.

Revealed: Mourinho has gentleman's agreement to become next United manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's bad when I enjoyed Hibs v Alloa more then most United matches this season.

Never thought I'd see the day Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Samuel luckhurst claiming that jose has a gentleman's agreement to take over from lvg. Doesn't seem that be anything new just the usual guesswork.

Revealed: Mourinho has gentleman's agreement to become next United manager

Yes. Very happy with this if true.

• Advertisement

Would be an awesome signing but I think it would be crazy for him and Vardy to move on from Leicester after just 1 successful season.

Especially considering the fact they will be in Europe next season playing against top clubs and players while we probably won't.

But who knows, nowadays money talks!

its not beyond the bounds of possibilty that Leceister could finish 4th, need to qualify and lose that knock out round.

there is bound to be a Mendes player or two coming in if jose gets the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement