Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jesus the amount of ****e posted in the last few pages :(

tbh i would love to see rashford left play. give the kid the chance he has earned imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

downwesht wrote: »
    We should stick with the kids for the rest of the season.Rooneys influence on the dressing room has been removed and all of a sudden the form of the team improves.The pressure is off them,Rooney in my opinion is not captain material and does nothing on the pitch to reorganise during a game.

Keep the bench full of them but we've still got to be serious about getting as high up the league as possible. A few wins on the bounce and we could be in the running for 4th again. Given how hard it is to win any Euro competition the league is still our best route tot he CL.

Varela should keep his place, so should memphis and Lingard. As for the others, give them as much game time as possible off the bench.

jesus the amount of ****e posted in the last few pages :(

tbh i would love to see rashford left play. give the kid the chance he has earned imo

It would be 3 starts in 6 days for a kid who never played at this level before. He was absolutely shattered when he came off on Sunday. I think it would be irresponsible to start him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jayop wrote: »
    It would be 3 starts in 6 days for a kid who never played at this level before. He was absolutely shattered when he came off on Sunday. I think it would be irresponsible to start him.

That can't be underestimated, there is a massive difference in pace and physicality between the top level and the U18's. If we had any other options I wouldn't start neither him nor Martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You're right he did look completely spent before he came off. Still wouldn't mind seeing him get 10-15 mins if things are going well.

That can't be underestimated, there is a massive difference in pace and physicality between the top level and the U18's. If we had any other options I wouldn't start neither him nor Martial.

90 minutes between the two of them shouldn't be too bad. Martial didn't pull a muscle, he just felt a twinge and they were being careful. He should be fine now after a week of rest. He's not played a game since 22/2 where he played 70 minutes against Shrewsbury. Hopefully all he needed was that break.

You're right he did look completely spent before he came off. Still wouldn't mind seeing him get 10-15 mins if things are going well.

Oh for sure, I'd be happy for him to get a half hour. His pace could cause them huge problems at the end of the game, especially if we're a few goals up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

90 minutes between the two of them shouldn't be too bad. Martial didn't pull a muscle, he just felt a twinge and they were being careful. He should be fine now after a week of rest. He's not played a game since 22/2 where he played 70 minutes against Shrewsbury. Hopefully all he needed was that break.

Alternatively, its still only 5 days since the actual injury itself, which came after a long season.

But it does all come down to how serious it was, the club knows and I don't but I would tend to err on the side of caution. I've had plenty of hamstring trouble myself and its one he needs to be careful with, 5/6 days isn't enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

giving Van Gaal credit for how the young players are doing is complete bollóx, the credit goes completely to the young players who have taken the opportunity

If we had a fully fit squad Rashford wouldn't have played at all, you can't take credit for something you have no choice in

• Advertisement

Alternatively, its still only 5 days since the actual injury itself, which came after a long season.

But it does all come down to how serious it was, the club knows and I don't but I would tend to err on the side of caution. I've had plenty of hamstring trouble myself and its one he needs to be careful with, 5/6 days isn't enough for me.

All true, however if Rashford is as tired as he looked on Sunday then another start could set him back if he performed badly. We've also got no other striking options. If there any U14 striker we can call up? :)
    giving Van Gaal credit for how the young players are doing is complete bollóx, the credit goes completely to the young players who have taken the opportunity

If we had a fully fit squad Rashford wouldn't have played at all, you can't take credit for something you have no choice in

VanGaal made the decision not to fill the squad with filler in the last two summers, he choose to let loads of players go in the knowledge that when we have an injury crisis as we always seem to have then the young players would get their chances. That's the definition of by design.

Maybe he wouldn't have played him if Rooney and Martial were fit, but the likelyhood was that at some point in the season they'd both be injured together and he would have made a bench spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

But I never said that. Thats the problem with you, you have never responded to the actual discussion, instead constantly running off with strawmen I never said.

And by the way, there has not been an injury crisis all season. Periera has not been on the bench 32 times because of injuries.

You mightn't have said it in as many words but hinting at the detriment to his development and van Gaal "stringing him along" Bringing up Pogba for some reason...
    It looks like that's what you're insinuating.

Andreas Pereira is on the bench a lot, the manager doesn't feel the need to use him often. If he was a highly rated defender he would have started at least half the games.

That's the fact of the matter, I can't see how this has rumbled on all day. It's bizarre.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

United have requested that the time of the United/Liverpool match on March 17th be changed from 6pm (presumably to 8pm).

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10187261/manchester-united-ask-to-change-liverpool-kick-off-time-in-europa-league

The match is currently due to kick-off at 6pm and United are concerned that large numbers of fans will not be able to get to the game at that time.

Trafford Council is also concerned about having thousands of extra fans on the roads and on public transport at rush hour. It is also St Patrick's Day.

Presumably that would always be the case for any Europa League game at 6pm? I guess the history of this one means there'll be way more people than usual though.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Presumably that would always be the case for any Europa League game at 6pm?

Presumably, but it's not a problem United usually have to deal with. :D

Nalz wrote: »
    what the f'uck lads

Kate upton withdrawls be ok in a few days

Lord TSC wrote: »
    United have requested that the time of the United/Liverpool match on March 17th be changed from 6pm (presumably to 8pm).

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10187261/manchester-united-ask-to-change-liverpool-kick-off-time-in-europa-league

The match is currently due to kick-off at 6pm and United are concerned that large numbers of fans will not be able to get to the game at that time.

Trafford Council is also concerned about having thousands of extra fans on the roads and on public transport at rush hour. It is also St Patrick's Day.

Presumably that would always be the case for any Europa League game at 6pm? I guess the history of this one means there'll be way more people than usual though.

I can't see any chance the cops will allow that. They'll do everything they can to block the time change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I can't see any chance the cops will allow that. They'll do everything they can to block the time change.

Pretty certain they wouldn't request the change to Uefa without consulting the Police to get the go-ahead

astradave wrote: »
    Pretty certain they wouldn't request the change to Uefa without consulting the Police to get the go-ahead

Considering it's a game that's almost always an early lunch time kick off I'd be amazed if the cops were happy for that to be changed, especially for the day that's in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is paddys day a holiday in England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is paddys day a holiday in England?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

adox wrote: »
    No.

I thought as much so how will that affect England? I personally hope the game gets moved too 8 tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Considering it's a game that's almost always an early lunch time kick off I'd be amazed if the cops were happy for that to be changed, especially for the day that's in it.

The day that's in it is only really going to effect people over here.. over there people will still be working and a 6pm kick off will cause mayhem on the motorways.. especially as the opposition fans are coming from down the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,860 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Slightly prefer the 8 kickoff as will be less of a hurry from the airport to OT and I could chill at the hotel for a bit. Would probably **** a lot of people up who are flying out on the late Ryanair flight though who wont be happy. Can certainly see the logic in having it at the 6.05 kickoff though all things considered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Leicester, you assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

jayo26 wrote: »
    I follow him on on instagram and that is how I know when he posts stuff so I've seen his posts as he posts them and alot of things like his party and trips to Paris came the night of a defeat left me thinking that lad just put in a terrible display and straight away he off on a plane for the night.
    Strumms wrote: »
    I don't keep a log on his instagram posts so I don't know when and what was posted to falicitate your request for 'evidence' but I am aware that after games... I forget what defeat but he was putting up those flashy photos ie. the Paris ones after a defeat and poor performance... I dont mind him going off on a break but i don't think it shows good judgment and indeed professionalism to be posting those shots. Not the be all and end all but again could reflect a certain immaturity and disconnect with the fans and situation surrounding the loss. Others might have another opinion or view but that is mine...

I found out how to tell the exact time and date that pics were put up on Instagram, it's in the embed code. You just click on the post in question and then click "embed" from the menu in the bottom right of the post; time and date is near the end of the code returned. Here's Memphis's Instagram.

I went and checked all of Memphis' posts on Instagram since the start of the season and it turns out I was right not to trust your memories.

The photo of him in Paris (ie the one of him kissing his girlfriend under the Eiffel Tower) was posted at 8:17am GMT on January 27th - that's four days after the defeat to Southampton; a defeat he didn't even play in.

On only two occasions all season has he posted a photo on the night/evening of a bad result. After the Newcastle draw in August he posted a picture from the game with him sitting on the pitch and the caption "Disappointed we couldn't get the three points today. On to the next one. #GGMU." Just after the PSV defeat (where Shaw broke his leg) Memphis posted a photo of himself and Shaw driving, with the caption "My man Luke, what an awful night. You'll get back on top, I'm sure of that."

I'm afraid you lads have been criticising him for something he hasn't done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sherlock Pro F

Pro. F wrote: »
    I found out how to tell the exact time and date that pics were put up on Instagram, it's in the embed code. You just click on the post in question and then click "embed" from the menu in the bottom right of the post; time and date is near the end of the code returned. Here's Memphis's Instagram.

I went and checked all of Memphis' posts on Instagram since the start of the season and it turns out I was right not to trust your memories.

The photo of him in Paris (ie the one of him kissing his girlfriend under the Eiffel Tower) was posted at 8:17am GMT on January 27th - that's four days after the defeat to Southampton; a defeat he didn't even play in.

On only two occasions all season has he posted a photo on the night/evening of a bad result. After the Newcastle draw in August he posted a picture from the game with him sitting on the pitch and the caption "Disappointed we couldn't get the three points today. On to the next one. #GGMU." Just after the PSV defeat (where Shaw broke his leg) Memphis posted a photo of himself and Shaw driving, with the caption "My man Luke, what an awful night. You'll get back on top, I'm sure of that."

I'm afraid you lads have been criticising him for something he hasn't done.

That's some impressive sleuthing.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I thought as much so how will that affect England? I personally hope the game gets moved too 8 tho

I'm sure loads of people go out over there on Paddy's Day despite it not being a holiday. All the Irish and their mates for starters. :)

I'd much rather the early kick off. I'm thinking about watching it in the bar and by 8pm it's going to be messy as ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

J. Marston wrote: »
    Leicester, you assholes.

good old fashioned battle in midfield between the two ex-United lads, Fletcher and Drinkwater.

United could do worse than to bring D-Water back

Leicester proving themselves as champions elect.

Leicester, you brilliant sonsa' bitches.

• Advertisement

That's some impressive sleuthing.

I hope that the 'impressive sleuthing' was at the very least carried out in part by a team of well versed helper monkeys because the fact that any one individual would go to that much time and effort in order to perhaps win some kind of argument on the internet is well, quite something I only wish I had the time for such incidentals in life but there you go... :D

I also have no issue at all in saying I was wrong if and when I am and indeed in the case of 'what Memphis posted and when'.. I won't be countering the posters diligent research and impressive fact finding mission as I neither have the time, inclination or the monkey staff to try and win the internet although the main body of my argument of what informed my views on Memphis still stands...

More importantly I am just glad he and the team have got some form and a decent run of results together....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

After my catchup....

giphy.gif

I hope that the 'impressive sleuthing' was at the very least carried out in part by a team of well versed helper monkeys because the fact that any one individual would go to that much time and effort in order to perhaps win some kind of argument on the internet is well, quite something I only wish I had the time for such incidentals in life but there you go... :D

I also have no issue at all in saying I was wrong if and when I am and indeed in the case of 'what Memphis posted and when'.. I won't be countering the posters diligent research and impressive fact finding mission as I neither have the time, inclination or the monkey staff to try and win the internet although the main body of my argument of what informed my views on Memphis still stands...

More importantly I am just glad he and the team have got some form and a decent run of results together....

Here's a tip, Pro F is the guy you agree to disagree with :pac:

Can see Rondon causing a lot of worry in our defence at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can see Rondon causing a lot of worry in our defence at the weekend.

We will score more then them so who cares ;);)

So...anything to be said for playing the in form Rashford over Martial tomorrow night? I'm not favouring Rashford over Martial overall, just thinking let's see how far this run continues with Rashford. Just as importantly, Martial could do with a rest having played what seems like every minute since his arrival up until last week's injury. If we hadn't a Rashford, we wouldn't have that luxury. Maybe a 60th minute reintroduction of Martial if needs be, but I would like to see him and his hunger saved for some bigger games next week.

On a different matter, 3 points for Chelsea tonight will see them jump a few places up the table and bring them into 'we better keep an eye on them' territory :/

pXH1C.gif

Leicester are going to waste that favour we did them.

Idiots.

stankratz wrote: »
    So...anything to be said for playing the in form Rashford over Martial tomorrow night?

Ideally it would be good to play both. I really like Martial in the wide positions but that would mean sacrificing either Memphis or Lingard. Memphis is playing the best football now since he joined us thankfully and Lingard has been impressive also.. bonus of having him in the team is he brings also a very good defensive sensibility to the side also...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Title race is gonna be great this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Leicester out of the race.

I hate Tony Pulis and stupid, fúcking cap.

Leicester are going to waste that favour we did them.

Idiots.

Bit harsh.

could be a point gained depending on what happens tomorrow... I'd give West Ham a chance at home in the London derby, have a feeling Liverpool might do a number on City at home although Swansea taking anything at the Emirates out of Arsenal I can't see happening but hey it's been a crazy season so far.... might put on a little bet that maybe those top sides all loosing.. 2 euros no harm no foul and all that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Reckon somebody lost a few bob on Leicester tonight!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fcuk Leicester. Fcuk Spurs. Fcuk City and Arsenal.

COME ON UNITED. Whoop Watford tomorrow, play some quality football, score some nice goals.

Win tomorrow night and we're only ten points off the top with some serious bottlers and untested teams above us.

Come on lads, Louis can do it!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fcuk Leicester. Fcuk Spurs. Fcuk City and Arsenal.

COME ON UNITED. Whoop Watford tomorrow, play some quality football, score some nice goals.

Who are you?

Your not the Mitch I know

tumblr_m6co6a9GFv1rwl09fo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It was max 45 minutes work, spread over three days. You must have some spectacularly busy life if you can't spare that sort of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Seen on reddit Marca are going with story of Real putting Isco and James up for sale.

I'd take either at United!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement