Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

zerks wrote: »
    Newcastle United?:P

Noooooo it was a, perhaps poorly phrased, joke about them rehashing old stories. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I hear Carrick is not in the squad for tonight? Rothwell is the latest academy addition to the match day squad apparently, no Januzaj or Perreira either.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I hear Carrick is not in the squad for tonight? Rothwell is the latest academy addition to the match day squad apparently, no Januzaj or Perreira either.

No Pereira? Oh sh1t, maybe Louis killed him and buried him under the patio.

God I'd love to owe RobertKK €20 come May. :(

Weird Stat

Under LVG we've won all 10 games when @ChrisSmalling hasn't played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No Pereira? Oh sh1t, maybe Louis killed him and buried him under the patio.

Played the full 90 a couple of days ago for the reserves so I guess it wouldn't be a surprise (for him to miss out, not to have been butchered obvs ;) )

Jan played about an hour I think so assumed he would be on the bench but doesn't appear to be, maybe Carrick will arrive later then the rest cause I didn't hear of an injury, anyone else?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Anyone know how he got on in his chemistry test?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone know how he got on in his chemistry test?

A+ with Memphis
    F with Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The only thing certain about us is that we're inconsistent

Think we will drop points tonight to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

The only thing certain about us is that we're inconsistent

Think we will drop points tonight to be honest

This is it, you just don't know. Every time I think this team has turned a corner we get knocked right back down to reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

massive massive game tonight. If the players are not on top form they will get beaten. Watford are a good side

Ighalo worries me alright, but sure everybody worries me these days!

Just show some hunger, passion and desire and I'll be content, win and I'll be ecstatic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I think if we continue to play as we did against Arsenal Watford will have a good chance of scoring. Watford aren't that good, but they're good enough to cause us trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

European super league would be terrible, we would lose most weeks.

Pro. F wrote: »
    I think if we continue to play as we did against Arsenal Watford will have a good chance of scoring. Watford aren't that good, but they're good enough to cause us trouble.

If we revert to the slow zombie play then we can kiss goodbye to a win.It was around this time last season that we played with some passion and movement,I don't know why LVG didn't see that it garners results.
    A win and we make up ground on the top 4,a loss and suddenly Chelsea et al will sniff blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Us and Liverpool **shudder** to win would be great!

Cantona picks his all time XI.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-02-at-5.14.52-PM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

If there is any truth to it I could see both coming to OT together.
    Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos have both handed in transfer requests at Real Madrid, according to El Chiringuito.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2016/03/02/20905142/rumours-ronaldo-ramos-hand-in-transfer-requests-to-real

• Advertisement

If we revert to the slow zombie play then we can kiss goodbye to a win.It was around this time last season that we played with some passion and movement,I don't know why LVG didn't see that it garners results.
    A win and we make up ground on the top 4,a loss and suddenly Chelsea et al will sniff blood.

We've played the more direct and free style of football on a fair few occasions since this time last year. It has brought as many bad results as good ones.

Cantona picks his all time XI.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-02-at-5.14.52-PM.png

it always amazes me some of the crap players former players pick or current players for that matter when picking best 11's or best 5 a side teams. No Ronaldo or Messi lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We've played the more direct and free style of football on a fair few occasions since this time last year. It has brought as many bad results as good ones.

Maybe it is the sheer volume of turgid shit that we played that has dulled my memory but I cannot remember too many times we witnessed this free flowing football you speak of.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If there is any truth to it I could see both coming to OT together.

Don't you dare do this to me, YA. The idea of Jose, Ronaldo and Ramos rocking up to Manchester together is too, too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

If Mourinho can't go to Madrid. Madrid will come to him!

Found next seasons jersey for sale on Aliexpress.Didn't take long from the leaked images.

Maybe it is the sheer volume of turgid shit that we played that has dulled my memory but I cannot remember too many times we witnessed this free flowing football you speak of.

This season: the first Arsenal league game (lost 3-0) and the 3-0 wins just before and after it; the 3-2 loss to Wolfsburg; the 0-0 against Chelsea at the end of December, followed by beating Swansea and then drawing 3-3 with Newcastle. There'll be a few more there I can't remember just now. All came amidst talk from fans of how we were finally starting to attack properly.

Basically, when we attack we can't defend and when we defend we can't attack. Any time we get excited about free-flowing football, the losses/draws because of conceding too many soon follow.

This season: the first Arsenal league game (lost 3-0) and the 3-0 wins just before and after it; the 3-2 loss to Wolfsburg; the 0-0 against Chelsea at the end of December, followed by beating Swansea and then drawing 3-3 with Newcastle. There'll be a few more there I can't remember just now. All came amidst talk from fans of how we were finally starting to attack properly.

Basically, when we attack we can't defend and when we defend we can't attack. Any time we get excited about free-flowing football, the losses/draws because of conceding too many soon follow.

To be fair, the only decent team we've faced though this spell of great football that put more than one past us was Arsenal when we had 2 DM's playing at CB. Even the goal we conceded in the EL was as a result of mnidfielders playing in defense.

Once we get Smalling back we'll be more solid and that shouldn't effect our style at all.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    To be fair, the only decent team we've faced though this spell of great football that put more than one past us was Arsenal when we had 2 DM's playing at CB. Even the goal we conceded in the EL was as a result of mnidfielders playing in defense.

Once we get Smalling back we'll be more solid and that shouldn't effect our style at all.

Sunderland and Midjylland (in the first game) each put two past us.

I suspect we have not turned a corner and our results will continue on being less than acceptable.

no chance in hell Ronaldo and Ramos both handed in transfer requests.

Yes they may have said they would like to leave but no chance transfer requests.

Anyway, Ramos had his chance to leave last summer and didn't so cant see it happening with him but I do think there is a chance Ronaldo could be sold

Sunderland and Midjylland (in the first game) each put two past us.

I suspect we have not turned a corner and our results will continue on being less than acceptable.

I said during the good run, that's the last 3 games I was referring to. We were puke going forward int he first game against Midjyland so that doesn't come into the discussion.

Anyway, I've had a look at the figures and I'm now prepared to confidently predict Untied will win the league this season by winning all of our remaining fixtures.

Final League table top 4
    United - 77
    Leicester - 75
    Spurs 72
    Arsenal - 68

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    no chance in hell Ronaldo and Ramos both handed in transfer requests.

Yes they may have said they would like to leave but no chance transfer requests.

Anyway, Ramos had his chance to leave last summer and didn't so cant see it happening with him but I do think there is a chance Ronaldo could be sold

Id agree with you, what would ya think is a fair price for ronaldo if he was to move? It be hard put a proper price on his head.....

Obviously if it was a chinese club they would pay over the odds but I don't think I'd ever see ronaldo going there.

Would he still be worth 50 million?? I'd say between his marketing value and his fitness he would as another club could easily get 4 year out of him if he avoids injuries and he seems to be adapting his game well.

I said during the good run, that's the last 3 games I was referring to. We were puke going forward int he first game against Midjyland so that doesn't come into the discussion.

Well then the run of great football came against Shrewsbury, Mitjyland and Arsenal (who put two past us). I think we should continue to be sceptical. I'll stick to my prediction that the supposedly great football won't last long.

• Advertisement

Well then the run of great football came against Shrewsbury, Mitjyland and Arsenal (who put two past us). I think we should continue to be sceptical. I'll stick to my prediction that the supposedly great football won't last long.

Supposedly?

You don't think we've played very good attacking wise in the last 3 games regardless of the opposition?

Scored 11 goals in 3 games, played 13 players U23?

Surely even someone perennially negative can take some positives from that??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anyway, I've had a look at the figures and I'm now prepared to confidently predict Untied will win the league this season by winning all of our remaining fixtures.

Final League table top 4
    United - 77
    Leicester - 75
    Spurs 72
    Arsenal - 68

tumblr_mvewnudGLK1r55ed0o2_400.gif

Supposedly?

You don't think we've played very good attacking wise in the last 3 games regardless of the opposition?

I did not say anything to indicate that I don't take some positives from this run. The positive that I take is that we have some very good players, both senior and young prospects.

I certainly do not think that we have played great football, as you called it. And I also don't think that we have played very good attacking wise; not by the standards that I would hold a team as big as United to.

No worries, opinions differ and that's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I predict a comfortable win for Utd tonight.

Will win by a couple a most likely concede as well. 3-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Supposedly?

Call it negative all you want but can you really disregard the opposition in those 3 games? Shrewsbury and FC Midtjylland?

Call it negative all you want but can you really disregard the opposition in those 3 games? Shrewsbury and FC Midtjylland?

Of course not completely but you can only beat what's infront of you and in VanGaals time at United the weaker the team the more we've struggled going forward.

Think Villa, Newcaste and more this season.
    Think the FA cup last season
    Think MK Dons last season

We got at the opposition the last three games and created loads of chances. Even in our mini peak last season we didn't create a ton of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Castles in the Sunday Times reiterates the director of football story. He also says that the Board are split on Jose because of what happened at Chelsea. There is a worrying suggestion that the Board believe that they can string Jose along because there aren't any jobs available for him & he really wants United.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Rashford starting tonight

CckJow4W8AQBxQf.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lingard out for Martial! Very happy with the attacking line up.

There is alot of pace and youth In that front 3 wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

We need to put these to the sword. Keep this momentum up. Fosu-Mensah looked beastly when he came on the other day. Keep the buzz going lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Mata Captain

Fosu-Mensah possibly center back with Rojo left back.

Front 3 of Martial -Rashford - Depay who I reckon will all rotate between the 3 positions during the match.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement