Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jayop and jayo26

So hard to tell the difference sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

cant remember last time ive been so excited to sit at home and watch utd on my laptop.. its a great feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Jayop and jayo26

So hard to tell the difference sometimes.

I often scan and be thinking I didn't say that.

unplayable wrote: »
    cant remember last time ive been so excited to sit at home and watch utd on my laptop.. its a great feeling

Doesn't take much to get us all excited lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Really looking forward to this game. That forward line up is fire!!!

That defence though is a bit shady but hopefully the youngsters prove themselves to be quality players like they did vs Arsenal.

Old Trafford is gonna be bouncing again tonight. So much good energy last Sunday. Hopefully even more tonight if that is even possible!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jesus LVG really is putting his faith in the youngsters,the bench is loaded with them

Time to get out the canoe and set sail for Canadian waters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Surprised both Rashford and Martial are starting. Rashford looked wiped out when he came off on Sunday and Martial is being overworked - played a lot of games this season and sounds like he had question marks over his hamstring. Would have preferred if they got a half each even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Personally, if Martial wasn't coming back in for Rashford I would have left him on the bench and given him a rest.

Defence will of course be a worry but with the pace in the team Utd should still be comfortable victors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Great team selection from LVG despite the fact that some of it is forced. Rojo and Blind are an obvious worry but there's not much to choose from. Hopefully the young players can keep the momentum going. Big day for Fosu-Mensah and from his brief display against Arsenal he looks like a guy that's ready to get some first team games under his belt.

It's great seeing some of these youth players taking there chance. Riley, Fosu-Mensah, Rashford, CBJ and Varela look like serious talents. The injection of youth and confidence into this team has been remarkable since they've been introduced.

Hopefully another win tonight and make a good push for 4th and start piling the pressure on the teams above us, some of whom are already on the brink of falling apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,866 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Fosu-Mensah always looks a cut above when I've seen him play for us in the U21s and did very well against Arsenal all be it without venturing forward too much. Big step up but hopefully he will get a bit of extra pep from seeing his mate Rashford take the leap. Got potential I think and its also exciting to see the other young guns come in and around the squad even if its due to the injury crises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

3 matches in 6 days might be a stretch for Rashford.

Strumms wrote: »
    Fosu-Mensah always looks a cut above when I've seen him play for us in the U21s and did very well against Arsenal all be it without venturing forward too much. Big step up but hopefully he will get a bit of extra pep from seeing his mate Rashford take the leap. Got potential I think and its also exciting to see the other young guns come in and around the squad even if its due to the injury crises.

Be interesting to see where he lines up. My first reaction is that he will fill in again at left back with Rojo in the centre but it could be the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

God I'd love to owe RobertKK €20 come May. :(

Yes so would I...it would have everyone happy.

I hope all the results go our way tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id agree with you, what would ya think is a fair price for ronaldo if he was to move? It be hard put a proper price on his head.....

Obviously if it was a chinese club they would pay over the odds but I don't think I'd ever see ronaldo going there.

Would he still be worth 50 million?? I'd say between his marketing value and his fitness he would as another club could easily get 4 year out of him if he avoids injuries and he seems to be adapting his game well.

he is definitely worth £50m, he is still up there with Messi as the best player in the world imo.

Its not the price tag either that would put teams off, but the wages which would be colossal and not many could afford that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

For winning one game right now, I'd rather Lingard over Memphis tonight. But maybe Lingard needs a rest and Memphis could definitely benefit from continuing his run of games.

If Martial is being rushed back then that would be a worry. But maybe he's not being rushed back at all. Maybe the dropping him because of a tinge in his hamstring was actually a very cautious move and having him back tonight is not risky at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,866 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

adox wrote: »
    Be interesting to see where he lines up. My first reaction is that he will fill in again at left back with Rojo in the centre but it could be the opposite.

Yes i think he started off as a center half although he seems to play a lot for the U21s in a central midfield defensive roll as he is quite good on the ball. For that reason i was wondering if we might be going with 3 at the back and him in midfield but id say left back alright. Him up against those two Watford strikers if he was played CB would be a tough ask for anyone let alone a young lad on a first start so maybe they will just line out as advertised...

great line up tonight, exciting to see.

also, just talking about carrick now, contract up in the summer and doesnt look like he is getting a new one??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    I often scan and be thinking I didn't say that.

But you always agree, right?

Mata is the oldest player on pitch at 28 thats unreal next closest would be blind?? Think I heard sky say its 4th youngest united team seemingly.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    But you always agree, right?

Oh i surely do. Lol

bangkok wrote: »
    he is definitely worth £50m, he is still up there with Messi as the best player in the world imo.

Its not the price tag either that would put teams off, but the wages which would be colossal and not many could afford that

I think if it was united his shirt sales would pay for alot of it and knowing ed he would have him eating some mad packet of noodles or something to pay for it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Blind ffs cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sky sports news in the background and playing the playstation, some things never change.

Would watch a stream but it would be in like 240p so ill watch it on MUTV at 12.

J. Marston wrote: »
    3 matches in 6 days might be a stretch for Rashford.

he is 18, not a bother to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

We won't be winning tonight.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Gone back to playing sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Christ we've been awful this half. Memphis is having a pure stinker. Herrera and Schneiderlin very quiet too.

Watford looking by far the more effective team.

if City lose which they are and we win this game which we should then we are right back in the top 4 fight.

We need to up our game and take advantage. CMON UNITED

Watford should be a couple up.

Sigh.

• Advertisement

Watford should be a couple up.

Sigh.

A return to normality for utd so

As much as I love Daley, I pretty much hate him an equal amount. He is a disaster waiting to happen so often.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This performance has been utterly farcical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Poor Fosuh Mensah having to deal with his full debut and a crappy Blind performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The only team talk needed at half time is to show them the City score. If they don't come out and play like demons after that, they're a lost cause.

Varela and Blind have been awful at the back.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Poor Fosuh Mensah having to deal with his full debut and a crappy Blind performance

Blind seems intent on evacuating the CB position as often as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

if City lose which they are and we win this game which we should then we are right back in the top 4 fight.

We need to up our game and take advantage. CMON UNITED

United have been failing to take advantage of City's shortcomings all season. It doesn't look like that's going to change tonight.

Flat performance,maybe the 3 games of the past week are catching up on them,

Il take a scrappy 1 nil now

• Advertisement

Completely blessed to be going in at half time without conceding at least a goal. Where the fcuk is the team thst played Arsenal??

The play is just so slow and laboured. It make you forget very quickly about the three previous performances :(

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

awful get lingard on

That corner summed up the first half.

#josein :D

Quandary wrote: »
    This performance has been utterly farcical.

Been alright in places actually, Watford sitting very deep and pressing very effectively, we have been ****e at the back and Memphis has been infuriating along with another couple, but the intent has been there. Execution ****e for the most part.

Pick it up a little in the second half and hopefully Watford tire a bit from the pressing and we should get some chances that we convert....

I don't think we will be winning tonight though, just feels like one of those nights we get outfought and I get irritated. Martial is another one getting on me tits, that header at the back post bugs me more every time I see it.

Just need to up it a level, we won't though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Blind is such a bad player. Regularly gets exposed with horrible performances like this.

Blind seems intent on evacuating the CB position as often as he can.

I can see him leaving Tim exposed and him getting sent off at some point sadly, which would be a really ****ty way to mark his full debut, I like him.

• Advertisement

Stats page up on my page has me depressed. Like a lot of the muck we've seen this season. 64% possession. 1 shot on target.

MOVE THE BALL FASTER.

Its our best chance to get 4th now

for the love of god ****ing win

I can see him leaving Tim exposed and him getting sent off at some point sadly, which would be a really ****ty way to mark his full debut, I like him.

Totally agree. He's been left one on one at the back a couple of times and is willing to make the challenge than play it safe. Could easily cost him.

I honestly don't know what Blind is at. He's never been my favourite player and I don't like him playing CB but he's just taking the piss tonight with his positioning(or lack of).

Lvg out ;)

I think what Blind is missing is Smalling or even Carrick to keep him in line,make sure he stays awake

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement