Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• It's bad when I enjoyed Hibs v Alloa more then most United matches this season.

Never thought I'd see the day Ted.
    Lol true story kew

In the pub all day. Best game of footie I watched in weeks

Link to the entire 'story' from red issue in text bullet points...

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/46vvmk/uniteds_boardroom_power_struggle_as_told_by_red/

Would make for an interesting screenplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

stankratz wrote: »
    Link to the entire 'story' from red issue in text bullet points...

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/46vvmk/uniteds_boardroom_power_struggle_as_told_by_red/

Would make for an interesting screenplay.

Are they actually a respectable source of news or are they just a bunch of wannabe reporters?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Are they actually a respectable source of news or are they just a bunch of wannabe reporters?

I wouldn't be too qualified to answer that because I don't frequent Red Issue that often, but their reputation on Reddit isn't great as the comments underneath the above link shows.

I just posted it because it was mentioned in here without a link to all of the Red Issues posts, plus it's Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

It's 'insider knowledge'. Most of it is horsesh1t but sometimes they get it right.

glued wrote: »
    It's 'insider knowledge'. Most of it is horsesh1t but sometimes they get it right.

A bit like if you throw enough **** at the wall some of it will stick.

I used to follow a few of them before I came to boards but I find its easier to keep up with everything on here with alot of local humour thrown in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A bit like if you throw enough **** at the wall some of it will stick.

I used to follow a few of them before I came to boards but I find its easier to keep up with everything on here with alot of local humour thrown in :)

This place is quare good lad.:P

zerks wrote: »
    This place is quare good lad.:P

Your some funny hun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

stankratz wrote: »
    but their reputation on Reddit isn't great as the comments underneath

:confused::confused::confused: - the vast majority of people on that link you posted are discussing it on its merits - theres some dismissing it, but you get that no matter who writes something that doesnt portray the club in a good light.

some very decent lads contributed that that magazine and now, the forum and i along with alot of other fans i know, have alot of time for Red Issue. i enjoy their stuff and the forum, like every place and aspects it has its bad eggs and they get somethings wrong, but they are as reliable as anybody.

what they have said today however, is nothing too earth shattering and not exactly beyond the bounds of impossibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

what they have said today however, is nothing too earth shattering and not exactly beyond the bounds of impossibility.

Its a series of assertions without any evidence. It would require more to give it credence than just not being impossible.

Sand wrote: »
    Its a series of assertions without any evidence. It would require more to give it credence than just not being impossible.

what would be your reason for not taking them at their word then?

theres many things that ive read on that forum over the years that appeared in the main stream media several weeks later and have been discussed here at length.

i initially didnt like their style 4 or 5 years ago when i first started subscribing to the forum but since then ive seen alot of truth being told on there, compared to other forums.

Theve been depicting a very poorly run football club (for a club of our size and stature) for years and alot of what they have been saying, has eventually come to the fore especially about how Woodward had changed our direction since he took over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

what would be your reason for not taking them at their word then?

theres many things that ive read on that forum over the years that appeared in the main stream media several weeks later and have been discussed here at length.

i initially didnt like their style 4 or 5 years ago when i first started subscribing to the forum but since then ive seen alot of truth being told on there, compared to other forums.

Theve been depicting a very poorly run football club (for a club of our size and stature) for years and alot of what they have been saying, has eventually come to the fore especially about how Woodward had changed our direction since he took over.

They present no evidence. I tend not to believe claims without any evidence. They actually say to disregard Fergie being publicly friendly with Mourinho because that evidence goes against what they are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

its not beyond the bounds of possibilty that Leceister could finish 4th, need to qualify and lose that knock out round.

there is bound to be a Mendes player or two coming in if jose gets the job.

I love this line. Already getting in the excuses if we sign a world class player. It wont be because of Ed, it will be because Mendes decided we should have one cos of his mate Jose being hired. Should be working for The Sun or The Mirror being able to cover your a$$ so far in advance.

Sand wrote: »
    They present no evidence. I tend not to believe claims without any evidence.

you could apply that then to 90% of everything written or discussed about the club or football in general, be it positive or negative.

somethings will eventually be proved correct/incorrect, most things however will never ever be discussed again once time has passed.

every journalist that i know, writes and believes in everything they write, in good faith. not saying these are journalists by the way, i dont know them too well apart from 1 or 2 of the main lads who ive met once or twice.

do you not think that at least, part of what they are saying could be true and explain why LVG still remains in the job? i mean, every other club in the world would have sacked him by now - not every club in the world though has a leader lacking leadership or more to the point,club legends like Sir Bobby, Fergie and Giggs "loitering with intent" in the back ground.

Fergie has said in the past that Giggs would make a great manager for United.

on a seperate note, when you see how poor the back up keepers were today for Spurs and City, you appreciate how lucky we are to have Romero..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

When's it happening lads ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

July 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

2017. Giggsy for life!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

LeeJM wrote: »
    I love this line. Already getting in the excuses if we sign a world class player. It wont be because of Ed, it will be because Mendes decided we should have one cos of his mate Jose being hired. Should be working for The Sun or The Mirror being able to cover your a$$ so far in advance.

Be fair, Mendes has players not yet in the world class bracket yet and its highly likely Mendes players will end up at United if Jose does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

DM_7 wrote: »
    Be fair, Mendes has players not yet in the world class bracket yet and its highly likely Mendes players will end up at United if Jose does.

Its also highly likely Mendes players will end up at United no matter who the manager is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Why are the board limiting the choice between Giggs and the one who loves one self? Board are really showing themselves as being inept in footy matters. .. no points awarded for sponsorship deals. .. becoming a right pain in the bo...ix FFS. ... we have the funds and just wasting funds .. time... ..patience wearing thin at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

secman wrote: »
    Why are the board limiting the choice between Giggs and the one who loves one self? Board are really showing themselves as being inept in footy matters. .. no points awarded for sponsorship deals. .. becoming a right pain in the bo...ix FFS. ... we have the funds and just wasting funds .. time... ..patience wearing thin at this stage.

Well, there are also reports that Pochetino is a favourite of the Glazers, impressed with what he has done with Spurs without spending a fortune. Simeone has also been , apparently pushed by one or two at United too.

The fact Mourinho isn't manager now, and neither is Giggs, would indicate it isn't just between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Well, there are also reports that Pochetino is a favourite of the Glazers, impressed with what he has done with Spurs without spending a fortune. Simeone has also been , apparently pushed by one or two at United too.

The fact Mourinho isn't manager now, and neither is Giggs, would indicate it isn't just between them.

Hopefully you are right. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That's one of the most sensible posts in here in days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

LeeJM wrote: »
    Its also highly likely Mendes players will end up at United no matter who the manager is.

It's like Mendes players have never played for United before, or do now!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Mendes and United, particularly Fergie, have had good relations for a long time.

“Jorge Mendes is the best agent I dealt with, without a doubt. He was responsible, looked after his player and was very fair with clubs” - Sir Alex Ferguson.

Who can forget the fishiest smelling deal in the clubs recent history, Bebe!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

doesnt justify LVG being kept in the job though, LVG could have been sacked in December and they would have had ample time to get a manager in until end of the season, if they didnt want to give it to Jose or Giggs.

Chelsea were able to get a short term interim solution that has worked for them (Grant, Hiddink and RDM in the past) for example, no reason why United couldnt have done the same. anything would be better that the current disaster, it literally can not get any worse and thats not even contemplating defeat tomorrow night which i dont think anybody is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

doesnt justify LVG being kept in the job though, LVG could have been sacked in December and they would have had ample time to get a manager in until end of the season, if they didnt want to give it to Jose or Giggs.

Chelsea were able to get a short term interim solution that has worked for them (Grant, Hiddink and RDM in the past) for example, no reason why United couldnt have done the same. anything would be better that the current disaster, it literally can not get any worse and thats not even contemplating defeat tomorrow night which i dont think anybody is.

I agree.

I personally see no good reason for LVG to still be in the job after that run in december.

But I don't run United and my explanation is what I believe is the case, rather than how I wish it to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Shrewsbury tomorrow, Midtjylland Thursday. Two very winnable games, but they won't be easily won.

Too much Giggs talk around the place. The man has no management experience, so handing him the United job would be a disaster.

I agree.

I personally see no good reason for LVG to still be in the job after that run in december.

But I don't run United and my explanation is what I believe is the case, rather than how I wish it to be.

but even the alleged Jose/Giggs split could lead to the above scenario being the case.

weve gotten it wrong apparently re fabregas, Ramos, Muller etc etc in terms of people tied to other clubs being interested in joining us - there is no reason to suggest Poch or Simeone would join us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jose in a gentlemans agreement? Ha Jose is no gentleman

He has probably kidnapped Bobby Charlton and is extorting Woodward into giving him the job or else Bobby gets it, has anyone seen Charlton in the last couple of days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we get beat tomorrow night the Internet will crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No the world will crash and have to be rebooted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What sort of team are we expecting tomorrow? Strongest possible? Kids thrown in? Given we've got the defeat to overturn on Thursday, and then Arsenal next in line, you'd think this would be the chance to rest some players, but LVG finds himself in a bad place right now. The kids should be able to take Shrewsbury, and might even have a bit more motivation to prove themselves right now. But does he take the risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Same line up as Thursday night to play against Shrewsbury, and again on Sunday, when will De Gea be back??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

It won't just crash
    It'll be like that y2k thing
    The internet will implode on itself
    The stock markets will slump
    World War 3 will break out
    Oil prices will rise
    And we'll realize its a funny old game innit

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What sort of team are we expecting tomorrow? Strongest possible? Kids thrown in? Given we've got the defeat to overturn on Thursday, and then Arsenal next in line, you'd think this would be the chance to rest some players, but LVG finds himself in a bad place right now. The kids should be able to take Shrewsbury, and might even have a bit more motivation to prove themselves right now. But does he take the risk?

we dont have any players to rest really do we?

there will have to be changes before Sunday either way as it would be 4 games in 10 days for the same small bunch of players, which isnt really ideal considering how laboured we look.

i would assume Fellaini, Adnan,Varela, CBJ and maybe Jones could all figure tomorrow night and/or thursday night, which would help. Will Keane could start up tomorrow night too.

Romero
    Mcnair Smalling Daley CBJ
    Carras Herrera
    Memphis Mata perreira
    Tony m

Bench
    Whoever is fit on the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Lads, any change in manager won't be announced until we're out of Europa League and fourth in the league is mathematically gone. With City imploding we can make a late push for four, but we don't look like winning matches so it'll be a difficult push!

sigmundv wrote:
    Lads, any change in manager won't be announced until we're out of Europa League and fourth in the league is mathematically gone. With City imploding we can make a late push for four, but we don't look like winning matches so it'll be a difficult push!

Do citeh not have to come to old Trafford....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

brinty wrote: »
    Do citeh not have to come to old Trafford....

Nope, City have already been to Old Trafford earlier in the season, was a dull 0-0, the return game is at the Etihad March 20th, 16:00 kick off, will probably be a part of the Super Sunday that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

We're out Monday, Thursday and Sunday ya? Injuries are gonna hurt us this week

macslash wrote: »
    We're out Monday, Thursday and Sunday ya? Injuries are gonna hurt us this week

yep. at this stage, i think we are better off getting knocked out thursday, as the injury situation will only get worse.

we dont have the quality to win the Europa league so may as well just end that now, try win as many league games as possible and see where that gets us, and theres an FA cup to be won also.

we simply do not have enough quality players to fight on three fronts, the FA cup final is only 2 games away after tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Jesus Christ I can't remember off top of my head the last time we won the FA cup

2004 (99.9% certain, v Milwall)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

If we don't win today then Van Gaal should just resign.

Shrewsbury are 21st in League 1 scoring just 37 goals and conceding 51 goals in 31 games.

In the last 6 Home games they lost 4 and won 1 drawing the other game.

If we consider only league games then in the last 6 home games they lost 5 and drew 2 game.

If we can't even beat that is in such a worst form then Van Gaal should be left behind the team bus.

• Save yourself some of the pain and put money on Shrewsbury Town

A draw it is so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Save yourself some of the pain and put money on Shrewsbury Town

A draw it is so :P

With you there. Bore draw to compound the fixture mess were in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement