Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

Id be the same as yourself I would have watched a lot of soccer,but my first real memory of watching Utd was the 1989 FA Cup game against Notts Forest at OT,Gary Parker scored the winning goal for Forest,I think it was on Sports Stadium as well

Moving a on a year I remember when the father landed home with a video player/recorder,the shop left a tape in it and on it was the recording of the 3 all game against Crystal Palace in the 1990 FA Final,that tape got burnt out from playing it,that and the Euro 88 and Road to Italy tapes :D

Then the following year I remember Utd playing the Cup winners cup and going to the local pub to watch the games as they had the multi channel,father used drop us off and off in with us, 2 litre bottle of coke and taytos,happy days and very simple times

Blackmore,Bruce and Hughes scored some great goals in that competition. The Hughes winner in the final, wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Unreal weekend of sport starting off with spurs and arsenal in an hour. Im torn between cheering for Leicester this evening or hoping they get beat and we are only 7 points between them and us if we win and it brings another team back into touching distance for us and top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Could do with a spurs win or a draw to pull arsenal closer to us

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Could do with a spurs win or a draw to pull arsenal closer to us

Draw would be perfect of we are going to continue our win streak for at least another few weeks but if we don't get a win you would be giving up on catching teams like Leicester and spurs so they may aswell hope for them to win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Unreal weekend of sport starting off with spurs and arsenal in an hour. Im torn between cheering for Leicester this evening or hoping they get beat and we are only 7 points between them and us if we win and it brings another team back into touching distance for us and top 4.

I've long since given up on winning the whole thing, so would be grand seeing Spurs or Leicester win at this stage. Top 4 should be priority #1 right now, so we need Arsenal to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've long since given up on winning the whole thing, so would be grand seeing Spurs or Leicester win at this stage. Top 4 should be priority #1 right now, so we need Arsenal to lose.

I never give up, we still have to play City, Spur and Leicester, win them three and get results in the others and we can do.

I want a draw in the Arsenal/Spurs game, we win, and then just two points behind Arsenal and 5 behind Spurs.
    Leicester and Watford draw and it it would be 8 if we win tomorrow.
    Our title charge would be on...

Lord TSC wrote: »

Oh i have given up on winning too but what I mean is the more teams that are in touching distance of us the better the chance of one of them having a melt down.

As long as arsenal don't win I don't care and maybe a view win too ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

All these stories on how everyone became United fans make me feel like a baby. First real memory was the 1999 CL final (was only 4 at the time) but remember giving out stink to my mother for not waking me up for injury time. 4 year old with his priorities in check in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Good play from Wele for the Arsenal goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

beno619 wrote: »

tumblr_m2wbwkc84x1ru37dno1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I know his skill and athletic ability are good and that is hugely important, but I suspect maybe even as important, Welbeck has the guts, the attitude that Arsenal need so bad. I'm not usually one to read too much into that stuff looking from the outside, but in the case of Arsenal you just have to look at their psychology.

Just played against West Brom on Fifa.

3-0 away win with a goal from Mata and 2 for Rashford

Just played against West Brom on Fifa.

3-0 away win with a goal from Mata and 2 for Rashford

Is Rashford on fifa??

Yes yes yes yes spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow Arsenal have some soft underbelly. I wouldnt be surprise if they loose out on CL spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's typical of Arsenal, year in, year out, February/March they crumble..

And damn it I took Harry Kane out of my Fantasy Premier League for this weekend :pac:

• I'm on a stag in Bratislava,

The one poor **** in the Irish bar wearing an Arsenal Jersey with giroud on the back

100 people roar at the same time

"Up yours Giroud!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Is Rashford on fifa??

Got put in on the latest update I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Headshot wrote: »
    wow Arsenal have some soft underbelly. I wouldnt be surprise if they loose out on CL spot

They're so mentally weak, you knew they would lose the match as soon as the sending off happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

All these early memories, thought I would post one of my favourite United goals.

https://youtu.be/WE_qodI3WOY

I hurt my leg because I jumped so much I missed on the way down and fell off the chair I was sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Battle of the Bottlers at White Hart Lane.

• Not messing

Arsenal fan followed it up on his own saying

"Your not singing anymore"

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not messing

Arsenal fan followed it up on his own saying

"Your not singing anymore"

Haha class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

J. Marston wrote: »
    Battle of the Bottlers at White Hart Lane.

Hope it stays a draw. Chance for Utd to gain 2 points on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Great result for us if this stays this way & we win tomorrow.

Is Rashford on fifa??

Yes they do weekly squad updates.

Rashford, fosu, riley, weir, rotwell, cbj their all there.

Got put in on the latest update I believe
    Has been on it a few weeks but he got a decent updrade in the update there thursday

Yes they do weekly squad updates.

Rashford, fosu, riley, weir, rotwell, cbj their all there.

Ahh right I never play career mode so haven't a clue.

Ends 2-2, good result for us I think if we take advantage !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Perfect result... We just need to make it count tomorrow. Have a feeling it will be a very difficult game for us again though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Good start too the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Best possible result and Arsenal with a player to serve a ban too. Just have to hope the team can take advantage of the chance that seems to be developing above us.

Be nice now if Villa threw in a surprise result and take points off City, and Watford draw or win.
    Then we win tomorrow.

Possibility of being 7 points off the top by Sunday at 6pm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Another gorgeous result.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

RobertKK wrote: »
    Be nice now if Villa threw in a surprise result and take points off City, and Watford draw or win.
    Then we win tomorrow.

You're asking for a bit much now there me thinks..

They're so mentally weak, you knew they would lose the match as soon as the sending off happened.
    Go on... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Spurs' total inability to control games is a major mark against Pochettino as a candidate for the United job imo. It's the same in games they win and games where they come up short. They can attack and defend, but they just fail to control games so often. That game should have been a cruise after they went ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

RobertKK wrote: »
    Then we win tomorrow.

The least likely part is United taking the vast majority of the 30 points left to play for. On paper its a very difficult run in with away games to City and Spurs, and games against Leicester and West Ham - both of whom will be confident of getting a result.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You're asking for a bit much now there me thinks..

Yes I am, as I certainly wouldn't be putting any money on it.

United win tomorrow would be huge, the Leicester game has a higher chance of an upset today.

City up to now have not being great, especially recently, but today they should win, but strange things can happen.

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    The least likely part is United taking the vast majority of the 30 points left to play for. On paper its a very difficult run in with away games to City and Spurs, and games against Leicester and West Ham - both of whom will be confident of getting a result.

The most important games to win or at least not lose are the six pointers - Leicester, Spurs and City, City have the second worst record against the top 7.

It is important for United to keep winning and keep the confidence building, then anything is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The other teams above us are doing everything they can to allow us back in. We absolutely need to win tomorrow. Any slip up from city or Leicester now will be huge.

Jayop wrote: »
    The other teams above us are doing everything they can to allow us back in. We absolutely need to win tomorrow. Any slip up from city or Leicester now will be huge.

They bloody trolling us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Sand wrote: »

It's the games like tomorrow I worry about. I think I'd rather be playing a City, Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal week in, week out.

30' City 0-0 Villa

All City with Villa bringing 1 save from Hart.

Everton currently doing us a favour against West Ham, 1-0 at HT. Chelsea seem to be continuing their ascent, a win will see them go 5 points behind 4th and also overtake Liverpool for the time being.

The prospect of a win tomorrow is far too good to be true. 3 points to see United somehow go 2 points behind 3rd and 5 points behind 2nd. Nope. I'm calling bullshít right now, it's been too good over the last 4 games. After just about escaping a reality check against Watford, we're surely due one tomorrow. Aren't we? I'm finding it hard to see it any other way, fúcking Pulis.

• Advertisement

City 1-0 Toure 47'

2-0 City. Aguero 49'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

2-0 City. Aguero 49'

4-0 now and should have been 5 (missed penalty). City are back from their holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

4-0 now and should have been 5 (missed penalty). City are back from their holidays.

A Sunday league team would be back from their holidays against an awful Villa team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If West Ham put balls in to the box like they just did against Everton they'll destroy us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement