Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

West Ham are now above us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

****, I stopped watching when Everton were 2-0 up, thinking it was over >_<

West Ham will be tough to get ahead of this season, and I could easily see them booting us from the FA Cup :(

Nothing has changed, we still need to win tomorrow.

Looking down, Stoke, Chelsea and Southampton all drop points, which is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

RobertKK wrote: »
    West Ham are now above us.

That's a kicker. I think Lukaku
    missed a penalty when Everton 2-0 up too

Spoiler tagged my post in case people don't want to know stuff, hope this is OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

F**k sake Everton.

Well nothing can be done and nothing changes for us. Tomorrow is still a must win game and anything but 3 points will be a terrible result at this time in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

CczP0lvXIAAAeVn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Amazingly enough top 4 is back in the teams own control now. Could be at least 11 points behind Arsenal, but with a win tomorrow the gap to third will be cut to just 2 points with 27 to play for. Its been a very good fortnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sand wrote: »
    Amazingly enough top 4 is back in the teams own control now. Could be at least 11 points behind Arsenal, but with a win tomorrow the gap to third will be cut to just 2 points with 27 to play for. Its been a very good fortnight.

will need to up the performance level to have a chance though. Watford shold have got something out of the game during the week - we were blessed to not concede and the west brom game tomorrow will be a very tough one. City and Spurs to play away from home. City are inconsistent themselves but are a better side and more likely to put in a top performance than we are and Spurs are simply better this season. Leicster to play as well too - and Everton away (i think).

Some very tough fixtures and if we perform as we did vs Watford we will get nothing out of the tougher games - on paper we have put in a nice run of results but people are kidding themselves if they think we have really turned a corner, imo. still a long way to go and a lot of improvement required.

At least, however, we are still in the mix for it. Even that seemed very unlikely in January.

Leicester taking advantage of Tottenham dropping two points,1-0 up at Watford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Leicester taking advantage of Tottenham dropping two points,1-0 up at Watford.

Excellent goal from Mahrez!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

will need to up the performance level to have a chance though. Watford shold have got something out of the game during the week - we were blessed to not concede and the west brom game tomorrow will be a very tough one. City and Spurs to play away from home. City are inconsistent themselves but are a better side and more likely to put in a top performance than we are and Spurs are simply better this season. Leicster to play as well too - and Everton away (i think).

Some very tough fixtures and if we perform as we did vs Watford we will get nothing out of the tougher games - on paper we have put in a nice run of results but people are kidding themselves if they think we have really turned a corner, imo. still a long way to go and a lot of improvement required.

At least, however, we are still in the mix for it. Even that seemed very unlikely in January.

We've already played Everton away and won 3 nil believe it or not!

Watford are a bit underrated, they were scoring freely, but Ighalo has lost form as has Deeney, it is like the speculation linking Ighalo with United affected his form.

Fact is in the last two games for Watford, they lost 1-0 to the top team in the league at home and 1-0 away to the 5th placed team.
    At home United beat Arsenal 3-2 at home, while Spurs drew 2-2 at home to Arsenal, I know it is a derby and that slightly changes things, but United's results/form has not been any worse thank the best in the league.

So United need to win tomorrow and confirm the form, the aim should be to finish 3rd at worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »
    Watford are a bit underrated, they were scoring freely, but Ighalo has lost form as has Deeney, it is like the speculation linking Ighalo with United affected his form.

Fact is in the last two games for Watford, they lost 1-0 to the top team in the league at home and 1-0 away to the 5th placed team.
    At home United beat Arsenal 3-2 at home, while Spurs drew 2-2 at home to Arsenal, I know it is a derby and that slightly changes things, but United's results/form has not been any worse thank the best in the league.

So United need to win tomorrow and confirm the form, the aim should be to finish 3rd at worst.

Yhh i agree with ya a win tomorrow sets us up nicely for the next 4 games that are probably going to define our season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Surprised the melt down hadn't happened yet with the headline "Mourinho resigned to Giggs getting the job in the Summer "....considering we even had guys proclaiming erections with the headlines that "Mourinho deal was done to take over in the Summer "
    Hopefully we can keep the ( fragile) momentum going today and bag 3 points against the Baggies. .. it will have been a good weekend.

And before I forget. ..
    to All of you that are fortunate to still have your Mam today.... spoil her and give her a big hug.....

secman wrote: »
    Surprised the melt down hadn't happened yet with the headline "Mourinho resigned to Giggs getting the job in the Summer "....considering we even had guys proclaiming erections with the headlines that "Mourinho deal was done to take over in the Summer "
    Hopefully we can keep the ( fragile) momentum going today and bag 3 points against the Baggies. .. it will have been a good weekend.

And before I forget. ..
    to All of you that are fortunate to still have your Mam today.... spoil her and give her a big hug.....

Saw said story yesterday. Sources looked pretty shakes and it looked (at the time) as if only The Mirror were reporting it, and no one else was even reporting they were reporting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

Mourinho will manage arsenal next season imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Had a few quid left in my Ladbrokes account so put the remaining €12.50 on United to win and BTTS at 7/2.

Whenever I've bet on them this season they have lost so I'm expecting that record to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

billyhead wrote: »

Absolutely no chance of that happening IMO, even if he didn't go to Man Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Had a few quid left in my Ladbrokes account so put the remaining €12.50 on United to win and BTTS at 7/2.

Whenever I've bet on them this season they have lost so I'm expecting that record to continue.

Well at least we will know who to blame later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

billyhead wrote: »

Absolutely no chance. However remote the likelihood of Arsenal punting Wenger, to replace him with Mourinho would be the ultimate insult to Wenger. I'd be shocked if the stooped that low

More chance of me getting a date with Scarlett Johanson than Jose getting the Arsenal job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Today is another must win. Going be tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Had some good wins at West Brom over the years but for some reason it's one of those games in the season that always has me a bit nervous,West Brom nearly always make it a tough battle at home,

All about getting the 3 points and keeping the pressure on, a scrappy 2-1 will do me just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If Utd can produce a convincing performance along with getting the win today I'll start to believe that 4th is still a possibility for us.

Obviously we'd all take a win any which way but considering some of our remaining fixtures we cannot continue to rely on luck like we did at Watford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mourinho taking over Arsenal has a the Damned United feel to it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Mourinho taking over Arsenal has a the Damned United feel to it

Could be a sequel to the first Damned United film :D

Jose The Damned One

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Match thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98973518#post98973518

For anyone who asks what channel it is on...Look at the big picture in the op;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yhh i agree with ya a win tomorrow sets us up nicely for the next 4 games that are probably going to define our season.

IMO, the defining games were the Wolfsburg one and the few defeats after that.
    Win those and they could be challenging for the title, plus playing Gent in the champions league.

That's why at this stage getting 4th would be a good outcome, and United cannot challenge for the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Reports by Luckhurst suggesting Van Gaal will keep his job for another year and then Giggs :(

• Advertisement

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Reports by Luckhurst suggesting Van Gaal will keep his job for another year and then Giggs :(

So the original plan is presumedly still in place!

K5WMi8u.gif

Any links? Cant see anything on MEN or his Twitter.

IMO, the defining games were the Wolfsburg one and the few defeats after that.
    Win those and they could be challenging for the title, plus playing Gent in the champions league.

That's why at this stage getting 4th would be a good outcome, and United cannot challenge for the title.

Yep that is a fair point. I suppose you could say these games will be defining as if we managed to win a cup and qualify for champs league the season wouldn't be a total fail so these games are a must win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

After one good performance, v Arsenal, in a season of horror shows which resumed against Watford?

GTFO!

LVG must go no matter where we finish this season. His preferred style of football is poison on the eyes. I don't care how many debuts he hands out he has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I don't care how we do it as long as we get the 3 points today. We are still possibly still in the title race and most definitely in a top4 race. Lose today and I doubt we will get either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I don't care how we do it as long as we get the 3 points today. We are still possibly still in the title race and most definitely in a top4 race. Lose today and I doubt we will get either.

Title IMO is out of reach. But with the way results are going we could make top 3 if performances continue.

Its a lose/lose in a way.

If we win, in spite of what people are saying, it wont define our season; we should be beating West Brom, a midtable fodder team with nothing left to play for. Its the games against City, Leicester and Spurs that will define where we finish in the top 5 imo.

If we lose though, then its yet another loss in a miserable season full of underpreforming losses; another loss to a team we should be beating.

LOL not much more can be said.

1-0 Palace

Lord TSC wrote: »

If we win, in spite of what people are saying, it wont define our season; we should be beating West Brom, a midtable fodder team with nothing left to play for. Its the games against City, Leicester and Spurs that will define where we finish in the top 5 imo.

If we lose though, then its yet another loss in a miserable season full of underpreforming losses; another loss to a team we should be beating.

This game isn't the defining games I ment it sets us up for the next four which are important today is a game of course we should be winning.

If we win the next four games after today we are still in the mix for two trophies and top four but whichever games we loose will as good as rule us out of that competition or top four spot.

Everey league game will be like a cup game from now on in because all the teams are so tight.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Well if we win its 5 wins on the trot and winning breathes confidence

• Advertisement

KH25 wrote: »
    Title IMO is out of reach. But with the way results are going we could make top 3 if performances continue.

Whose performances?

We've played one good game all season. We were utter sh1te again at Watford. We're in contention for 4th because of the poor performances of teams which should be our rivals not anything we've done.

It really worries me when I hear Ander Herrera say the wind stopped them playing the ball from side to side against Watford. Holy crap! Even after the Arsenal game, when quick counter attacks did the damage, that's still the bloody drill. Pass the ball from side to side until the opposition fall asleep.

Well the score in London kinda guarantees that the match thread for our game won't be very busy.

Fcuking McCarthy doing a Gerrard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

LOL not much more can be said.

1-0 Palace
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Well the score in London kinda guarantees that the match thread for our game won't be very busy.

At least wait until the end of the game lads.

Our game today is impossible to call. Perform like we did at Watford and we could get destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Morgan and varela out hopefully doesn't slow things down too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Disappointed Memphis was dropped for lingard. Memphis has been very good in the last few games. But happy with the team otherwise.

Presume its more a case of resting players; Pool, West Ham, Pool, City is a very harsh run, so this might be the last chance to rest players in a while. Ideally, we'd be resting Martial as well.

I don't think personnel is as important as their instructions. If it's keep possession at all costs and take no risks then it doesn't matter who we have out there.

We have better players than West Brom. We should win by 2 goals or more. We'll see what happens.

• Advertisement

Why did I open my mouth.

Damian Delaney is now on my list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement