Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Match thread is about to hit the ****ter.

My god Darmian what were you doing? Darmian and Blind were just horrendous for that goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Mars Bar wrote: »

My god Darmian what were you doing? Darmian and Blind were just horrendous for that goal.

Actually thought we missed Varela's attacking intent today, although the red card may have subdued that anyway.

Last time we blocked a quick counter with a stupid block was Smalling via City right who also got stupidly sent off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's always Carrick that has to come out and defend the loss on TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Mata let us down today. Such a needless red. Doesn't excuse the awful hoofball that followed. That's probably it for top 4. Let this season end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mars Bar wrote: »

Amazing the difference in the different match threads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Says it all that Liverpool after their dreadful season can draw level with us on points if they win their game in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

LVG blaming the red card and fatigue for the loss. Not thst it matters of course because we all know these post match interviews are a load of twaddle but it does not help the anger levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have to laugh at man u fans blaming lvg for the loss today. Matas fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Quandary wrote: »
    LVG blaming the red card and fatigue for the loss. Not thst it matters of course because we all know these post match interviews are a load of twaddle but it does not help the anger levels.

He is also saying the referee should take into account the player making the fouls and that Mata is not a dirty player?

Then he contradicts himself and says you can't do that.

EDIT: via BBC text

"What can I say when you send off a player like Mata. I have asked him if it's his first red card and he said yes. When you do that you give the first and second yellow within five minutes. You can do it according the rules but I think the referee has to know the person doing it. I don't think Mata has ever had bad tackles and something like that.

"You know the first one is a stupid yellow card and then you have to be aware the referee can give a second yellow card. A referee has to decide within one second but when you know the player, Mata never hurts a player."

Edit 2: so you should be allowed to commit yellow card offences so long as you are a nice guy and don't hurt the player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

ricero wrote: »

Not getting enough bites in the match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Edit: not bothering.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Better start a new winning streak from Thursday onward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm some fcuking taypot.

:mad:

Could you please put 2 euro each on man city, arsenal, spurs, Liverpool and West ham to finish using top four.

The team and club currently are where they are because of the manager, that is not in doubt. However, the total discarding of the early red card in today's match by some at least gives me a chuckle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Actually thought we missed Varela's attacking intent today

I thought exactly the same. I don't think Darmian is good enough attacking wise to play fullback for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Quandary wrote: »
    Not getting enough bites in the match thread?

Popped in for a look and the thread is in the toilet,the lock will be put on it very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

sigmundv wrote: »
    I thought exactly the same. I don't think Darmian is good enough attacking wise to play fullback for us.

Agree with this. He's very poor going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Agree with this. He's very poor going forward.

He's good going forward, he just hasn't been recently.

Chasing the game and LVG brings off Herrera and brings on a DM in Schneiderlin then swaps a fullback for another one.It was like watching Ireland under Trapp.It was as if he was happy just to lose 1-0,what happened to United who never give up?
    A bit of ambition even with 10 men we might have gotten something from this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sums up my feelings nicely and what I felt during the game, a real raw annoyance at watching him

http://www.football365.com/news/michael-carrick-goodnight-mr-marmite

I've never been a Carrick fan, and while I appreciate he had some good spells, and probably two decent seasons I can remember, I've never been able to put my finger down with him, that he is good, or I just don't like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's always Carrick that has to come out and defend the loss on TV

Don't know why, one of the most uninspiring people to be interviewed, as much character as his midfield performances, zilch.

Fergie's death stare summed it up,I'm sure any misgivings he might have about Jose will be put aside.

opPOrVG.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

What a crap weekend
    Mcgregor losses
    Meath lose a 9 point lead
    United lose ground to top 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well, what did he have to say for himself after that?

Actually, I probably don't even want to know. Golden opportunity thrown away, I assume the Mata red card did have a big impact on the game as we often start games ****e, but doesn't excuse the apparent gutlessness of the subs, I haven't watched the match yet so won't comment on individual player performance just yet.

That shower can actually go level on points with us if they win their game in hand......that is a sickening thought.

Top 4 of course is not gone yet, but even limping over the line would be no solace. Whatever happens a change in management seems certainly warranted in the summer. Jesus when I read the subs I couldn't believe it! Just ****ing throw everything at them and lose by trying to win if its going to be a loss. Not a half hearted attempt to get a draw, ****ing go for it. The fans will always forgive when there is attacking intent, and intent to win games. Sickened and I haven't even seen it yet.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

TheDoc wrote: »
    Don't know why, one of the most uninspiring people to be interviewed, as much character as his midfield performances, zilch.

Yeh, would rather watch Michael Owen interviewing Tim Henman!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Well, what did he have to say for himself after that?

Actually, I probably don't even want to know. Golden opportunity thrown away, I assume the Mata red card did have a big impact on the game as we often start games ****e, but doesn't excuse the apparent gutlessness of the subs, I haven't watched the match yet so won't comment on individual player performance just yet.

That shower can actually go level on points with us if they win their game in hand......that is a sickening thought.

Top 4 of course is not gone yet, but even limping over the line would be no solace. Whatever happens a change in management seems certainly warranted in the summer. Jesus when I read the subs I couldn't believe it! Just ****ing throw everything at them and lose by trying to win if its going to be a loss. Not a half hearted attempt to get a draw, ****ing go for it. The fans will always forgive when there is attacking intent, and intent to win games. Sickened and I haven't even seen it yet.

Top 4 is gone stringer don't torture yourself. Had very little faith anyways considering our 'run' consisted of beating shrewsbury, some Danish part timers and a watford team who were very unlucky against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Darmian has been a really underwhelming signing, expected big things from now but I don't know if he should be getting a game ahead of Varela.

Top 4 is gone stringer don't torture yourself. Had very little faith anyways considering our 'run' consisted of beating shrewsbury, some Danish part timers and a watford team who were very unlucky against us.

Oh jaysus, no torturing here, its the hope that kills you ya know. Whatever happens now happens, just speaking pragmatically of course top 4 isn't gone, but even we do limp in to the spot it will possibly only lead to kicking the can down the road. I'll wait till I see the game before really commenting on today.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Just looking at the heat maps,we rarely had anyone in WBA's penalty area for any prolonged time,any attacks were from wide areas with no focal point,Martial was good but was forced to attack from a wide area too often then got crowded out,when he did wriggle free,he had feck all options inside or running ahead of him.It's as if the whole tactic of runners going beyond the man with the ball was abandoned today and the pass it around for the sake of it was reinstated.

Darmian has been a really underwhelming signing, expected big things from now but I don't know if he should be getting a game ahead of Varela.

Expecting big things of him was probably your downfall so, why would you expect big things of him?

He has been a good signing, think he will prove to be a very good signing going forward, cheap too. He has been in and out of the team with injury and it is his first season, not to mention the entire team is playing dog**** football.

12829160_991001937603368_3431702565248716960_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Amongst all your anger, I'd spare a thought for Smalling who was simply phenomenal today.

Quite literally did the job of himself and Blind.

I also think people, while underestimating Darmien are also overestimating Valera.

Valera, while impressive going forward, has a lot to learn about defending.

He is certainly a prospect but I don't think he is ready to claim the no 1 spot at RB yet.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Amongst all your anger, I'd spare a thought for Smalling who was simply phenomenal today.

Quite literally did the job of himself and Blind.

It was only 0-0 in the first half because of his covering. Utds Motm by a mile.

Speaking of anger, it is ridiculous that Blind has been one of our first choice CBs this season. I know it is amplified by his recent putrid performances but I always felt it was a horrible decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

adox wrote: »
    It was only 0-0 in the first half because of his covering. Utds Motm by a mile.

Speaking of anger, it is ridiculous that Blind has been one of our first choice CBs this season. I know it is amplified by his recent putrid performances but I always felt it was a horrible decision.

Blind, long ball merchant for all I got to see of the match today, the final 20 minutes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Have to laugh at people blaming Mata. This game was set up for United to be getting back to normal since fergie left, because all the fans have is hope (we win), the form guide has been well and truly burnt by this stage the new form is failing at these types of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We are a badly managed football club

The results are up and down but the vast majority of Van Gaal's time the performances have been horrific even when we won games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

adox wrote: »
    I also think people, while underestimating Darmien are also overestimating Valera.

Valera, while impressive going forward, has a lot to learn about defending.

He is certainly a prospect but I don't think he is ready to claim the no 1 spot at RB yet.

For a player that is supposedly a defensive type player I don't get the infatuation with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I'll wait till I see the game before really commenting on today.

Save yourself the torture Stringer. Highlights could be shown in 30 seconds. Sending off and the goal -thats it.
    Martial and Lingard tried hard but we are leaderless both on and off the pitch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

On another note it's great to see Flethcher doing so well at the moment. Was fantastic today and seems to having a good season. Would take him over any our current lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its a lose/lose in a way.

If we win, in spite of what people are saying, it wont define our season; we should be beating West Brom, a midtable fodder team with nothing left to play for. Its the games against City, Leicester and Spurs that will define where if we finish in the top 5 imo.

If we lose though, then its yet another loss in a miserable season full of underpreforming losses; another loss to a team we should be beating.

Fixed that for ya :P

On another note it's great to see Flethcher doing so well at the moment. Was fantastic today and seems to having a good season. Would take him over any our current lot.

His stats for today show he outplayed any of our midfielders,he gave Carrick a lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

jayo26 wrote: »
    Welbeck is not good enough :)
    Yeah, still not good enough for the mighty LVG red army. The last week or two has been a classic example of the short term mentality of football fans. Two wins against Sunday league sides and a narrow victory over Arsenal and suddenly things aren't as bad as they seem. The reality is that the standard of football as well as the results have been shockingly poor for the majority of Van Gaal's tenure at Utd. The only upsides have been very short term and there is nothing to suggest that the team are ever going to sustain those upsides. Long term LVG has been an unmitigated disaster. And he continues to prove this every time there is a short glimmer of hope.
    Yeah, delighted to see a guy who was suffering from a debilitating disease not so long ago make the Utd midfield look average. In fairness he was very good in a game against Chelsea earlier on in the season too. Talented player and a total professional.

Canadel wrote: »
    Yeah, still not good enough for the mighty LVG red army. The last week or two has been a classic example of the short term mentality of football fans. Two wins against Sunday league sides and a narrow victory over Arsenal and suddenly things aren't as bad as they seem. The reality is that the standard of football as well as the results have been shockingly poor for the majority of Van Gaal's tenure at Utd. The only upsides have been very short term and there is nothing to suggest that the team are ever going to sustain those upsides. Long term LVG has been an unmitigated disaster. And he continues to prove this every time there is a short glimmer of hope.

Yeah, delighted to see a guy who was suffering from a debilitating disease not so long ago make the Utd midfield look average. In fairness he was very good in a game against Chelsea earlier on in the season too. Talented player and a total professional.

If your going to quote a comment from me at least quote it from proper context it was about, that quote was tongue in cheek that he was not good enough for England when we were discussing the players that are ahead of someone like rashford been called up to the England squad and Nothin to do with united he aint a member of out squad for past 18 months so no need to talk about him in that context but you go ahead again if you want.

If your going to quote a comment from me at least quote it from proper context it was about, that quote was tongue in cheek that he was not good enough for England when we were discussing the players that are ahead of someone like rashford been called up to the England squad and Nothin to do with united he aint a member of out squad for past 18 months so no need to talk about him in that context but you go ahead again if you want.
    My quote was tongue in cheek too. Welbeck would walk into Van Gaal's Utd after a 10 month injury and be one of the best players in the side. Similar to at Arsenal.

My quote was tongue in cheek too. Welbeck would walk into Van Gaal's Utd after a 10 month injury and be one of the best players in the side. Similar to at Arsenal.

Cool good on him.

Cool good on him.
    Good on you too.

• Advertisement

Well he obviously wouldn't walk into Van Gaals 11 seeing as Van Gaal didn't fancy him first time around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement