Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Sundays result added another 24 hours on to my hangover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheTownie wrote: »
    Bring back Bebe I say...

Hg6cyuQ.gif

bebe is actually a decent striker of a football. great goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ibra will come to the PL if there's any interest in him from clubs, the only way I see him turning down a PL club is if China or MLS come in with money you can't possibly turn down

A year contract with an option for another would be ideal, even with age he is still playing at a level only 3 or 4 other strikers can better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The last time we played Liverpool in a midweek evening game was 1999.Ince you traitor.Never forget that celebration by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

I remember playing them in the league cup in fergies last season i think it was and also in the early noughties when silvestre scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ibra will come to the PL if there's any interest in him from clubs, the only way I see him turning down a PL club is if China or MLS come in with money you can't possibly turn down

A year contract with an option for another would be ideal, even with age he is still playing at a level only 3 or 4 other strikers can better

I'd almost give him the 2 year. Game not based on pace so should be one of those players able to play to late 30s.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Liam O wrote: »
    I'd almost give him the 2 year. Game not based on pace so should be one of those players able to play to late 30s.

That's what they said about RVP. Then players doubt themselves and try and get a headstart on defenders and get caught offside etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, and would confidently predict that he would flop if he joined the club next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Only 2 pages of posts here today. I blame LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Only 2 pages of posts here today. I blame LVG.

And just going to let Woodward off scot-free, are you? Pathetic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, and would confidently predict that he would flop if he joined the club next season.

Do you not think it a stretch to presume someone who has done the business in Holland, Italy, France and Spain to a degree, where he still scored 16 goals in 29 games would be a flop.

He's scored 372 goals in 661 club games 50 of those coming in 130 European games. He's scored 62 goals for a relatively weak Swedish team in 112 games.

He holds a list of honors and accolades very few have in the game and is regularly in world and tournament top 11's.

Sign him up please.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The team I support will outscore the team you support over the course of two upcoming football matches, or at least progress via the away goals rules or penalty kicks.

/needle

Hopefully I don't get banned for my emotionally charged post!

5starpool wrote: »
    The team I support will outscore the team you support over the course of two upcoming football matches, or at least progress via the away goals rules or penalty kicks.

/needle

friday_gif_collection_18.gif

• 5starpool wrote: »

/needle

Don't want us to fall out over it m8
    Chums 4 Life
    Bromance

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Don't want us to fall out over it m8
    Chums 4 Life
    Bromance

Z5TWG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZfaTlOSylmrN5WYs5rs01YoU02eCYoKq0CKT_-4nBIBQEkBqyuw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Another guy coming to run down his career for a fat cheque is exactly what we don't want.

Another guy coming to run down his career for a fat cheque is exactly what we don't want.

Thats exactly the opposite of what he's done throughout his time in football. He's shown in the champions league this season that he can still cut it against the best teams in the world.

Personally, I'd be happy to get rid of Rooney and Sign him as a 9 for the season with Martial and Memphis wide and some new number 10 behind.

I don't mind Mata, but if Jose is believed to be the new manager he's pretty much a certainty to be gone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ibrahimovic would be a day one shirt buy for me. Would love to get him.

• Advertisement

Do you not think it a stretch to presume someone who has done the business in Holland, Italy, France and Spain to a degree, where he still scored 16 goals in 29 games would be a flop.

He's scored 372 goals in 661 club games 50 of those coming in 130 European games. He's scored 62 goals for a relatively weak Swedish team in 112 games.

He holds a list of honors and accolades very few have in the game and is regularly in world and tournament top 11's.

And he will be 35 at the start of next season, coming into a side that has been dysfunctional for 3 years and needs a ton of work.

I don't need a list of his titles, I know what Zlatan has achieved and fair play to him, but he is the wrong man at the wrong time for us in 2016. If we went after him now its because we were blinded by the name instead of honestly assessing what we need.

Sign Zlatan now and in my opinion you will have another slow player floating around up top looking nothing like the player he used to be, another Rooney, Van Persie or Falcao. I would hope that the manager will be gone in the summer and that our sturgid style of play will change but even accounting for that, 35 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic is not where we should be looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Ibra being able to turn it on, occasionally, when he needs in Ligue 1 it is a very different thing to battling through the Premier League schedule at his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ibra being able to turn it on, occasionally, when he needs in Ligue 1 it is a very different thing to battling through the Premier League schedule at his age.

Exactly, giant difference between that turkey shoot and the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone watching the Hull game? Powell is playing. He just made a complete brain dead decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote:
    Anyone watching the Hull game? Powell is playing. He just made a complete brain dead decision.

So long Nick
    Lots of potential but lack of execution

Mars Bar wrote: »

What he do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

All Ibrahimovic would have to do is stand in the middle and finish a few of the 20 aimless crosses barged in at him every week to get a hatful of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Didn't bother watching the WBA game in the end, probably for the best I am told. Plugged myself out of football in general for the last couple of days, just watching one of my favorite pet project players (Casemiro) for Madrid tonight and thought to myself, is there any United news the last couple of days?

Anything happening?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Didn't bother watching the WBA game in the end, probably for the best I am told. Plugged myself out of football in general for the last couple of days, just watching one of my favorite pet project players (Casemiro) for Madrid tonight and thought to myself, is there any United news the last couple of days?

Anything happening?

Luke Shaw is apparently aiming to be back for the last few games of the season,

Plays in the FA Cup final and the Europa League Final and play in the last game of the season in the PL with a top 4 place secure,

Ah one can dream.....god dammit let me dream will ye :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What he do?

Took a woeful shot when the lay off to his left was the better option. Bruce was furious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Ah one can dream.....god dammit let me dream will ye :D

original.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I would end up just checking online for results next season if Van Gaal is kept on, I couldn't handle watching another season of our downfall unfold

He'd be gone by Christmas, with another season written off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I think if Van Gaal gets a third season as manager, then I will give up watching next season, can not have another year of being constantly being in bad humour because of our results. I would say they will have trouble selling season tickets next year if either Van Gaal or Giggs are in charge..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Don't bet on it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's the Irish independent using the Mirror's story while providing quotes from Kluivert just saying that he won't walk away while the players are still playing for him/his methods.

Doesn't mean jack **** and it's a nothing article. Clickbait at its finest.

So LVG said in his presser we may stop living in the past and live in the present.United and Liverpool are happy to be competing in the Europa League....So he dismisses fans expectations and lowers his to the standard of Europa League.

All the bits from it here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2623200-liverpool-vs-manchester-united-louis-van-gaals-key-pre-match-presser-comments

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    So LVG said in his presser we may stop living in the past and live in the present.United and Liverpool are happy to be competing in the Europa League....So he dismisses fans expectations and lowers his to the standard of Europa League.

Considering he has done more than anybody to bring us down to that level I have no doubt that he believes that.

Moyes - "We aspire to play like City". Slaughtered.

LVG says to lower our expectations and is still in the club. He's made it normal for us to be **** now.

I actually thought Moyes was right in what he said. At least you knew that he knew the level Utd needed to be at and was going to try and get there.

With LVG you feel he is delighted not conceding v Sheffield Utd.

Fergies 26 years of raising the minimum levels of performance and standard have been absolutely ripped up and spat on by LVG. He doesn't get Man Utd at all.

The club has been an embarrassment the last 3 years from:

- Not signing any decent players in summer 2013 to the way it treated Moyes sacking

- To signing marquee names like Di Maria and Falcao who were signed to prove we could still attract big names without Champions League

- To LVG trimming the squad so thin with even more games than the previous season

- To wasting time trying to sign Neymar and Muller

- To not sacking LVG months ago

- To giving Giggs the assistants job because he wanted it, not because he was right for the job

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

giphy.gif

anger.gif

I don't believe that for a moment, 12 million in the grand scheme of things when missing the champions league next season could see 100's of millions dropped not only in champs league revenue but also sponsorship.

It really is Moyes all over again, in terms of constantly demanding lowered expectations as the season progresses.

Title challange
    Top 3
    Top 4
    Ok, let's settle for an EL spot.
    Oh ****, we lost that too? Well Top 7 is good!

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/707494345956597760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

LVG says there's a negative view of the Europa Leagye in England. He's the one who said he'd rather win the FA Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lowest the club has been since 1974? Things were bad even when Fergie took over for few years, but this has be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/707494345956597760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

LVG says there's a negative view of the Europa Leagye in England. He's the one who said he'd rather win the FA Cup

That's just because he himself has never won the FA cup and said it from a selfish point of view while he has won the Uefa cup. I'm sure he clarified later that the Europa would be the more important cup to win though.

There's many issues with LVG but this can't really be one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I can't for the life of me see why lvgs job would be safe it doesn't make any sense whatsoever..

I know ed is no football brain and neither are the glaziers but it dont take a mad scientist to see that things are not working and we are far off been a top team under lvg. And if we aren't a top team we aint gonna make the money they want.

Surely they can't see the point in leaving lvg in charge for another season throwing another 100 million at the squad and still playing same tactics. Even if we had ronaldo, Benzema, bale upfront they still wouldn't score be a use the team wouldnt lass the ball to them fast enough. It's just crazy.

Lowest the club has been since 1974? Things were bad even when Fergie took over for few years, but this has be close.

Wasn't around back then but relatively speaking, considering the brand and resources and where we were we have to be lower.

The league has gone to ****. Think of the top players in the league in the last few years.

Suarez - Gone
    Bale - Gone
    De Gea - Will be gone
    Ozil - Might go if things don't change with Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

LVG getting another season? even someone joking about such a thing???

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement