Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tbh I hate saying it but getting through or getting beat will make little difference.

Top 4 or winning Europa looks unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The worst part is that the season was completely salvageable in December, had the board done their jobs a good manager could easily have pushed that team on for some sort of title push. Its such a ****ing waste of a season.

With recent results to others our season would of been salvageable a couple of weeks ago the refusals to sack the man in January even is still baffling. If we had to of beaten Sunderland and west Brom two teams we should be beating with our weakened team we would be right back in the title hunt a change of manager to lift the spirits wouod surely of been worth at least six points in the past five weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The worst part is that the season was completely salvageable in December, had the board done their jobs a good manager could easily have pushed that team on for some sort of title push. Its such a ****ing waste of a season.

Or maybe the good manager didnt want to take over midseason or that good manager many United fans are desperate for has a clause not to sign for other team in the league this season.

We could have gone for someone who could have been here for just 6 montgs but not sure which good manager woud agree to such terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hard to know how these games will go with the Pool,both teams are great at being inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I got 9/10 on that quiz! damn that white suit question!!

The quiz was rigged for the scousers. Who apart from an LFC anorak will have read
    Dominic Matteo's autobiography
    ? :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

whatyear-400x300.jpg

Seriously, deja vu here with the Moyes season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Or maybe the good manager didnt want to take over midseason or that good manager many United fans are desperate for has a clause not to sign for other team in the league this season.

We could have gone for someone who could have been here for just 6 montgs but not sure which good manager woud agree to such terms.

Or maybe magic pixies showed Ed the future and told him everything was going to be ok.

We can speculate all we want but the known facts remain the same, it was abundantly clear months ago that the manager was a busted flush and nothing was done about it, with the inevitable result.

Nobody says it isn't difficult to replace a high profile manager with a quality replacement, but good companies make difficult decisions every day and a well run football club would have sorted the issue long before now.

Or maybe magic pixies showed Ed the future and told him everything was going to be ok.

We can speculate all we want but the known facts remain the same, it was abundantly clear months ago that the manager was a busted flush and nothing was done about it, with the inevitable result.

Nobody says it isn't difficult to replace a high profile manager with a quality replacement, but good companies make difficult decisions every day and a well run football club would have sorted the issue long before now.

If we wanted Jose then it makes sense to wait for him than appointing some other manager just because they are available.

No good manager would take 6 month job. I wanted Van Gaal out back in septemer or october when we were getting results but with poor performance, December was horrible but if we are waiting for Jose then this season is a write off as you cant expect good managers to take job for 6 months.

Or we should promote Warren Joyce as first team coach for 6 months. His team play superb football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

No good manager would take 6 month job.

Chelsea_Guus_Hiddink_500.jpg

Excuse me? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Korat wrote: »
    The quiz was rigged for the scousers. Who apart from an LFC anorak will have read
    Dominic Matteo's autobiography
    ? :p

A leeds fan? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

Julez wrote: »
    Chelsea_Guus_Hiddink_500.jpg

Excuse me? :P

Good manager that. He's done another good (short term) job for Chelsea, despite last nights loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If we wanted Jose then it makes sense to wait for him than appointing some other manager just because they are available.

No good manager would take 6 month job. I wanted Van Gaal out back in septemer or october when we were getting results but with poor performance, December was horrible but if we are waiting for Jose then this season is a write off as you cant expect good managers to take job for 6 months.

Or we should promote Warren Joyce as first team coach for 6 months. His team play superb football.

In my opinion Van Gaal should have been sacked regardless of what direction the board wanted to go, for the simple reason that any choice they made would have been better than sticking with him. It was obvious that he had failed and that things were not going to improve, and this has been proven to be the case in the months since.

Whether it was appoint a new manager or appoint a caretaker manager and wait for Jose, either way would have offered a greater chance of success than doing nothing at all and letting Van Gaal continue his fumbling.

Sure the caretaker manager could have failed also, but on the other hand he might not have, and that possibility would have been better than the confirmed failure of Van Gaal.

Who would have been the caretaker or the new manager? Thats for the board to decide, for the board to make the right choice. The problem is that they didn't make any choice at all despite it being clear that they badly needed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

5/10 :(

Im blaming LVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The strangest thing of all is we had intended to let Van Gaal implement his philosophy throughout the whole club as a base for the future and the next manager in is just going to bin the whole lot.

We have completely wasted two years, we wasted a year before that after giving Moyes a 7 year contract.

The club is pining for a long term manager and appointing them based on long term visions yet when Van Gaal is sacked the last two managers will only have lasted a year on average. It doesn't make sense, 3 years ahead is as far as we should be looking in this day and age of football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Literally ****ting it over tonight

• Advertisement

The strangest thing of all is we had intended to let Van Gaal implement his philosophy throughout the whole club as a base for the future and the next manager in is just going to bin the whole lot.

We have completely wasted two years, we wasted a year before that after giving Moyes a 7 year contract.

The club is pining for a long term manager and appointing them based on long term visions yet when Van Gaal is sacked the last two managers will only have lasted a year on average. It doesn't make sense, 3 years ahead is as far as we should be looking in this day and age of football.

Agreed. 3 years is the best big clubs can hope for from managers. There are only few exceptions.

Little quiz to get things going ;) 8/10

10/10 took 5 attempts mind, im great, I think I should get both parachutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I only got 7/10. Got the last one wrong, but I probably would have been right if United had played any football in the last couple of years. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Little quiz to get things going ;) 8/10

9/10. The quote about the white suits I got wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm excited for tonights game, not so much worried. There is a certain "form out the window" when it comes to some games like this. Both teams are sporadic as each other so a tough one to try call accurately, so I'll just hope that we take a scored draw or a victory back to OT. But I think a goal will be required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Does anyone honestly think that if LVG was sacked in Dec and Giggs was placed in charge for the remainder of the season that results would have been worse ! Seriously !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Does anyone honestly think that if LVG was sacked in Dec and Giggs was placed in charge for the remainder of the season that results would have been worse ! Seriously !!
    what pub we watching the match in?? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There is uncertainty though, if Van Gaal has this group of players performing to an upper mid table standard then there is always a possibility Giggs could do worse.

Around January I would have taken Giggs but I guess that's why I'm not CEO of a billion dollar business

yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

8/10 on the quiz. As for tonight's game,it'll be close just like it usually is in this fixture,but I feel both sides will be extra cautious tonight,with neither side wanting too give the other any advantage too take into next weeks game. I'm going for 0-0 tonight and United too win 2-1 next week. This is our whole season on the line in the next 10 days,that's of course if the West ham game in the cup doesn't go too a replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'll be stuck in work:(

Damn the people paying my wages expecting me to actually turn up and justify them.No internet access either so it will be the good folk on Off The Ball for updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

See you in Carmodys around 8pm. Will you have the night off from fighting crime do you think 😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    I agree but she is also a guaranteed yellow card. We just need to Convince Jayop to take the hit for it instead of us...... Shouldn't be a problem.

Where do I sign?

**** it turning on full optimism mode....

Glory glory Man united,
    Glory glory Man united,
    Glory glory Man united,
    As the reds go marching on on on!

Just like the busby babes in days gone by,
    We'll keep the red flags flying high,
    Your gonna see us all from far and wide,
    Your gonna hear the masses sing with pride.

United, Man united,
    We're the boys in red and we're on our way to Wembley!

Wembley, Wembley,
    We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley,
    Wembley, Wembley,
    We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNACDTH-BY

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

I'll take a 0-0.

3206F27F00000578-0-image-a-44_1457526836570.jpg

3206B56E00000578-0-image-a-33_1457525697433.jpg

3206C25C00000578-0-image-a-32_1457525695324.jpg

320695E800000578-0-image-a-50_1457527309949.jpg

3206A4AD00000578-0-image-a-39_1457525722026.jpg

• Advertisement

**** it turning on full optimism mode....

Glory glory Man united,
    Glory glory Man united,
    Glory glory Man united,
    As the reds go marching on on on!

Just like the busby babes in days gone by,
    We'll keep the red flags flying high,
    Your gonna see us all from far and wide,
    Your gonna hear the masses sing with pride.

United, Man united,
    We're the boys in red and we're on our way to Wembley!

Wembley, Wembley,
    We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley,
    Wembley, Wembley,
    We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNACDTH-BY

I'd settle for
    ATTACK ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTCK

I'll keep it going

20 times 20 times Man United
    20 times 20 times I say
    Playing Football The Matt Busby Way!

We fought in France, We fought in Spain,
    we fought in the Sun and we fought in the Rain,
    we took the Kop and Chelsea too,
    but what we like most is kicking a blue,
    kicking a blue,
    kicking a blue,
    what we like most is kicking a blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Seen MEN said Rooney was in the 23-man squad anyone confirm this?

markc91 wrote: »
    Seen MEN said Rooney was in the 23-man squad anyone confirm this?

Bastian is in the squad,Rooney no-he was in Dubai the other day.No sign of him training either.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'd settle for
    ATTACK ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTCK

I'll keep it going

20 times 20 times I say
    Playing Football The Matt Busby Way!

We fought in France, We fought in Spain,
    we fought in the Sun and we fought in the Rain,
    we took the Kop and Chelsea too,
    but what we like most is kicking a blue,
    kicking a blue,
    kicking a blue,
    what we like most is kicking a blue

Going on up to the spirit in the sky
    It’s where I’m gonna go when I die
    When I die and they lay me to rest
    I’m gonna go on the piss with Georgie Best

Diego Forlan
    Diego Forlan
    He came from Uruguay
    He made the Sc***ers cry

Ooh Aah, Ooh Aah, Ooh Aah
    Cantona...
    Ooh Aah Cantona
    Ooh Aah, Ooh Aah, Ooh Aah
    Cantona...
    Ooh Aah Cantona

zerks wrote: »
    320695E800000578-0-image-a-50_1457527309949.jpg

LVG looking relaxed and confident ahead of tonight's game.

LVG looking relaxed and confident ahead of tonight's game.

Ya it was a wierd choice to let photos like that out, its like a pic a rag would use or sky sports when they are running a line like manager under pressure.

Or Rashford and Januzzi on different career paths :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

a lot of people nervous about tonight, im buzzing for it.

Love playing at anfield, the losses are hard to take but the wins are memorable!!

glory glory man utd

Ya it was a wierd choice to let photos like that out, its like a pic a rag would use or sky sports when they are running a line like manager under pressure.

Or Rashford and Januzzi on different career paths :D

The image links are from the Daily Mail. ;)

I took them from Redcafe.

3206E22100000578-0-image-a-46_1457526848641.jpg

3206DA2000000578-0-image-a-47_1457526851121.jpg

3206BF7100000578-0-image-a-34_1457525701515.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    a lot of people nervous about tonight, im buzzing for it.

Love playing at anfield, the losses are hard to take but the wins are memorable!!

glory glory man utd

We beat them Twice already they have more reason to be worried then us but I can see why they are confident because we havent perform against the crap teams lately.

I took them from Redcafe.

Aye, but look at the urls. ;)

Diego Forlan
    Diego Forlan
    He came from Uruguay
    He made the Sc***ers cry

That should be
    Diego woaho
    Diego woaho

Aye, but look at the urls. ;)

Saw that.the Mail took them from Getty,Reuters etc.;)

Saw that.the Mail took them from Getty,Reuters etc.;)

Heh, shut up. I was trying to have a pop at the Daily Mail. :D

Joe Riley in the squad for tonight.

It will be the first away European game where travelling United fans will have to worry about car theft.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That should be
    Diego woaho
    Diego woaho

Woahooooooops

But I do love all the chants I'm a big ****ing child.
    Well hyped for the match now coooooooome oooooooon lets fecking ave em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

scousers.jpg?w=600

There's always a special atmosphere when Utd visit Anfield, it brings out the true character of the home crowd. :)

Calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Going to miss the match and to be honest I'm ok with it. Couldn't handle the nerves otherwise.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement