Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Neymar: "Felipe Anderson on the field is the ideal companion, he knows how and where to pass the ball. In midfield he can do everything"

Felipe Anderson "We always talk, we always try to stay in touch so to maintain our friendship. It was Neymar who advised me to come here. He told me to be brave and believe in myself. I'll be forever grateful for those words."

I guess Neymar is telling Felipe to move to United where they will be team mates, like they were in Santos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    ridiculous money to pay for him.

Its his inform card he is lethal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/manutdvines/status/701744002870198272

His direct words were "Iv sold him to MUFC for €60mill"

Crazy money if true

Aaaaaannn-derrrr-son son son.
    He's better than Anderson.

Writes itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

https://twitter.com/manutdvines/status/701744002870198272

His direct words were "Iv sold him to MUFC for €60mill"

Crazy money if true

ugh

man he's been rubbish this season

• ^That's why they call him FutureGuy, He's back, he's back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Woodward was still behind Van Gaal in December/January so there probably was some kind of verbal agreement for Anderson but I really doubt it will happen now given how badly Van Gaal is doing unless the next manager in okays it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

being realistic,

if we were to sign 3 first 11 players plus 2 back up players this summer, who do you think they will be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Headshot wrote: »
    ugh

man he's been rubbish this season

He's just practising for when he joins United.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

being realistic,

if we were to sign 3 first 11 players plus 2 back up players this summer, who do you think they will be?

Well it looks like Anderson.

So other 2 would be Stones and Dybala(he is getting linked lately)

2 back ups would be i havnt got a clue but Donnaruma(bit too young for back up) is getting linked as well.

Who would Mourihno sign, id say some really defensive center mid in the mold of matic/mikel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

being realistic,

Would depend on where we finish in the league and whether or not Mourinho takes over.

Both will make a difference to the quality not quantity of signings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

being realistic,

I think United will try to sign a CB.

Stones
    Laporte
    Varane

I'd reckon they are the first three names on the list. Whether we could get any of them, who knows. I would say Stones will be the first choice too.

As for other positions - fcuk knows to be honest. I can see United trying to sign Neymar but if he does leave Barca I reckon it will be to City. Either him or Messi will end up there in the next couple of years, imo.

If Mourinho comes in I can see him wanting us to push for Pogba - but again he'll have no shortage of suitors more suitable than United.

If we were to only sign 3 first teamers, I would say CB, CM and RW - but the club plans could be very different and see no need to purchase in one or more of those roles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Couldn't care less their price tag. Didn't Stoke buy a lad a few weeks ago for £19m don't know what that is in € Cannot see many players coming to utd for less than £30m anymore. What's €60m in £ anyway. Money's gone past redicoulous nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

What's €60m in £ anyway. Money's gone past redicoulous nowadays

£47m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

being realistic,

If Mourinho is manager....

Marquinhos defender 30m
    Morata striker 25-30m
    Kante midfield 20m

Miranda centre back 10m
    Sane winger 30m

I think under Mourinho we sign:

Laporte - cheaper than Stones.
    Felipe Anderson.
    Neymar
    Ibrahimovic
    Renato Sanches

Players that will be sold:
    Rooney
    Mata

De Gea
    Darmian--Smalling--Laporte--Shaw
    ---Schneiderlin--Sanches
    Anderson
    Martial--Ibrahimovic--Neymar

Martial can play on either wing as well as striker so Neymar and Ibrahimovic were higher in the pecking order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think under Mourinho we sign:

John Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

John Terry

Please god no no no :eek: :eek: :eek:

John Terry

Only a short term solution, and with Barcelona interested in Laporte, I think a move for Laporte in the summer or it will be never.
    But maybe we sign both, and sell Phil Jones, who won't be playing as he will have managed to injure himself somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Can you imagine John Terry leaving Chelsea and joining up with Jose at Utd.... Hahahahaha...

• Advertisement

I think there will be huge changes to the team in summer as the current team doesn't work and lacks quality, and it is the lack of quality that will mean big changes - especially upfront.
    Martial will be the only player to remain in the three upfront positions.

There is talk of Terry to China, maybe with Rooney...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Signings-wise, anythings possible under Mourihno. He'd have a huge draw on players and we can pay them anything they want. Signings that are mandatory this summer; A CB, winger, and a forward. This is who I'd like for them slots and are attainable:

CB: Stones - PL proven
    LW: Mahrez - PL proven, world class
    FD: Greizhmann - World class

I'd like to go for a RB as well, but as long we fill those positions, and do them well I'll be more than happy. I'd even take someone like Fonte for CB and Ighalo as CF cover. I really hope we aren't in for Ibrahimovic.

actually, a player I can see us going for, Javier Mascherano, a typical mourinho player and only said the other day he would play in England again for any club

Signings-wise, anythings possible under Mourihno. He'd have a huge draw on players and we can pay them anything they want. Signings that are mandatory this summer; A CB, winger, and a forward. This is who I'd like for them slots and are attainable:

CB: Stones - PL proven
    LW: Mahrez - PL proven, world class
    FD: Greizhmann - World class

I'd like to go for a RB as well, but as long we fill those positions, and do them well I'll be more than happy. I'd even take someone like Fonte for CB and Ighalo as CF cover. I really hope we aren't in for Ibrahimovic.

Mahrez RW I think you mean

.I wonder what our front three will look like next season.
    For right wing -
    Mahrez, Bale, Martial??

Centre forward - Martial, Rooney, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, Griezmann, ???

Left wing - Martial, Ronaldo, Neymar

If we buy a left winger that pushes Martial to elsewhere, and if we buy a top striker, it pushes Martial to the other wing.

A dream world would have Neymar or Ronaldo on the left wing, but I think Ronaldo is less likely with no CL than Neymar who is also not likely, but a rumoured £1 million a week salary might work.
    Otherwise would keep Martial there.

Upfront, Rooney is too hot which is great or more likely too cold and is too inconsistent. Lewandowski would be the dream signing upfront, but Ibrahimovic would be fine too or Griezmann

Right wing - No muller, so Mahrez or Bale.

We need a top class attack, something we don't have now.

• Advertisement

A lot of confidence here that United would even be capable of signing top stars. never mind 2 or 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Donald Love is cup tied for the game tonight, cause he played for Wigan in the FA Cup back in November, so god knows who's going in at RB.

Few options.

1. Play McNair as RB and promote either Tuanzebe or Fosu Mensah as CB
    2. Play Fosu Mensah as RB, he played few times and made some runs that would make United wingers of past proud.
    3. Promote Tyler Reid from U18s.

A lot of confidence here that United would even be capable of signing top stars. never mind 2 or 3!

pay the money you can sign who you want.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Appointing Jose would, imo, be a massive sign of intent from the club. That, along with the money we could offer, would probably be a draw, and might be enough to convince players it's only 1 year out of Europe. Couple that with the Mendes factor too. AND the fact that I think if (lol, "if") we don't make CL, Woody and the club will be desperate to show we're still a big team so will splash the cash...

• Advertisement

pay the money you can sign who you want.

To an extent - but I think talk of getting Neymar AND Bale AND some other world stars is fanciful. United won't spend three or four hundred million on players in the summer imo.

On top of that, if Neymar is leaving Barcelona then City and a number of other clubs that can offer just as much money but also CL football and a proper shot at domestic silverware will also be interested in him.

Regardless of money, United are becoming less and less appealing. Neymar, imo, is as likely to head to China for money as he is to United.

John Terry

Jesus possible if Jose becomes manager. That is some excellent musing out of you.

To an extent - but I think talk of getting Neymar AND Bale AND some other world stars is fanciful. United won't spend three or four hundred million on players in the summer imo.

On top of that, if Neymar is leaving Barcelona then City and a number of other clubs that can offer just as much money but also CL football and a proper shot at domestic silverware will also be interested in him.

Regardless of money, United are becoming less and less appealing. Neymar, imo, is as likely to head to China for money as he is to United.

no I agree, no chance of us signing Bale AND Neymar. With Pep going to City and guaranteed Champions league football, if City want either Neymar or Bale I think they would go their before United.

If rumours are true and we have just slashed 60 odd million on Filipe Anderson, that's a big chunk of money spent on 1 player but I think Mourinho will also sell Mata and Fellaini anyway so that should free up some funds as well for a squad overhaul

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If you don't have CL football I really can't see any way Neymar would go there. Yeah you guys could throw money at him but City / Pep could do the same if he even wanted to leave and considering he is at Barca who's to say he would want to.

Zlatan is a huge name who could be an option though obviously it'd probably be only for a year given his age but imo thatd be a good move especially if you offload Rooney to China.

Stones being at Everton could obviously be an option as it's not like it'd be CL or bust for him

There is ZERO chance Terry will play for United. It won't happen. United won't go for him and neither will Jose.

Jose dumped him out of the chelsea side towards the end - he wouldn't be adding him to a United backline and Terry can make a lot more money going somewhere else for a couple of years.

It just isn't going to happen. No way.

If you don't have CL football I really can't see any way Neymar would go there. Yeah you guys could throw money at him but City / Pep could do the same if he even wanted to leave and considering he is at Barca who's to say he would want to.

Zlatan is a huge name who could be an option though obviously it'd probably be only for a year given his age but imo thatd be a good move especially if you offload Rooney to China.

Stones being at Everton could obviously be an option as it's not like it'd be CL or bust for him
    The only thing I could see with Neymar is the fact he and his family very much push the neymar brand - there isn't a club in the world that would push and add value to brand neymar than Man United.

If he could be convinced he was going to be the next star and the leading light of a team being revitalised under new management and a few other top players.... who knows.

But being out of the CL is massive in this case. Even counting the other stuff, I just can't see past Neymar (or others) seeing United as a fallen giant with little hope of a return, and an effective waste of their career to go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

being realistic,

Damn thats a tough one. Considering we will have a new manager most likely, potentially different system, a lot of unknowns.

In regards what I'd think realistic and a certain aspect of what I'd like.

Romelu Lukaku
    Improved rapidly this season in terms of playing as a lone striker, the flavour of most systems at present. I'd imagine would easily operate as part of a two. Big, strong, quick, decent finisher, good stats, good injury record. If it's Mourinho might be some issues, anyone else be mad to not consider him. A nice varient to Martial, and imo undoubtedly better and more talented then Benteke.

Toni Kroos
    My feelings on him are well known at this point. But undying love aside, operates expertly as part of a deep lying two in a 4-2-3-1 or as a playmaker in a midfield three. Appears to be getting some grief in Madrid, and doesn't appear impressed at the volatile nature of Madrid. Madrid might look to offload or he might look for a fresh challenge.

Gotze
    Another stop start season for the once labelled "German Messi". I'm still a big fan of his, and at 23 still has his best years ahead of him. Quick, incisive and creative, he would inject much needed pace and creativity into a flagging attack. Can operate as a .10 or from the left.

In terms of backups, that's tricky. How do you convince a player to join to play second fiddle? I don't know how to even go about identifying a backup player, that isn't just "i like him, I want him in the squad so hes not elsewhere". Maybe in terms of young players stepping in:

Donald Love
    Liked what I've seen of him for the under 21's and very much like to see how he gets on in the first team. Seems to have a great engine and a good instinct when moving forward.

Andreas Pereira
    I think he should be very much ahead in the pecking order of Januzaj. Good exploits at international level, doing really well for the under 21's and looks to have exciting potential. I'm surprised Van Gaal hasn't called on him more to play on the right. We won't know until he gets a fair crack of the whip, and not just random 15-20 minute appearances here and there.

I think Kroos would be my balls to the wall singing. Carrick needs replacing, and Kroos provides that level of vision and range of passing, if not better. Playing alongside an energetic Schneiderlan, or Blind back in midfield(btw my best two DM's would be Blind and Schneiderlan) would in my mind, be a pretty good combination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Always worth remembing the wages these guys are on. All the Neymar furor is coming from his current £150k packet, that he and his people feel should be improved, and with good reasoning.

Bale is on something like 250k. Muller was on £150k, dont know if thats after his latest contract or before.

Point being, we can match or improve these earnings easily. Di Maria got himself a massive increase, coming to a club he didn't even want to sign for. So while the current prestige and chances of success at the club are low, the spending power by the club is still pretty significant.

Like Rooney's deal still perplexes me. He is frequently reference to being the 5th highest paid player in world football. But then I keep reading and hearing about some part of his deal where United had to buy his image rights, which means some mad **** of like him gettnig the guts of nearly 500k a week?!?!?

I know what you mean by paying big fees might be not possible, but if they can structure a payment that goes over a few years, I'm not sure there is a big problem. And I'd imagine we can offer 250k+ to atleast two signings this summer. And if Rooney goes, maybe more?

Musn't forget with the departure of Di Maria, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Falcao and Van Persie we freed up a pretty significant chunk of our wage bill, that I don't believe has been absorbed by the new signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

wouldnt take any notice in that at all, you see that type of thing happen alot in training environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement

wouldnt take any notice in that at all, you see that type of thing happen alot in training environment.

i seriously doubt it does happen a lot. unless you are on about it happening a lot at villa?? if I was a villa fan I would be hugely pissed off. its no wonder they are bottom of the table and easily one of the worst teams in premier league history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/701796925763268608

The press having good fun this week.

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/701796925763268608

The press having good fun this week.

that's great news if true!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I wonder who Giggs would have on his shopping list ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I hope that the Manchester United Football Club team can win the football match in the Football Association Cup competition tonight by kicking more footballs in the the goal net than the opposing team of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I hope that the Manchester United Football Club team can win the football match in the Football Association Cup competition tonight by kicking more footballs in the the goal net than the opposing team of players.

Hopefully Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal thinks on the same lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Discodog wrote: »
    I wonder who Giggs would have on his shopping list ? :pac:

Nani, anderson, cleverly, Evans, hernandez, rvp, rafael, Vidic, Evra................

theres premier league teams and the danish champions (lets be a little bit fair on that part as angry as we all are).

this however is Shrewsbury..i mean, come on ffs!!!

I know Homer, but at this stage I'd have fúck all hope of our lads beating Dromin United from the Meath and District League...with the Dromin lads out on the batter the night before. Exaggeration yes, but just to show my hope is at an all-time low with this club.

Seriously, I've been there (Hopeland) as recent as Sunderland and Midtjylland last week, I even bet on United in the latter. Yes, those teams should be more difficult to beat than Shrewsbury, but we should be beating all of these teams anyway. Starting with MK Dons 18 months ago going through to Midtjylland a few days ago, I have completely lost faith in United beating the teams they should be beating. On the slight upside...

dr8655.jpg
    I dont know but his price seems to have gone up since january for getting injured and playing ****é

Sounds like our kind of player, sign him up!

In other news, Miguel Delaney has written a column for Eurosport about why he thinks appointing Jose is a bad, strategic, long-term move. Appointing Jose would be good for now, but United should still be thinking long-term in his opinion. I'd argue that we haven't got the luxury at the moment of thinking about the long-term future, the 'now' is that bad and has to be the priority. Here's a link to Miguel's article...

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/appointing-jose-mourinho-would-be-a-big-strategic-error-for-man-utd-they-need-a-long-term-plan_sto5188430/story.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I wonder how many United 'fans' are hoping we lose tonight, so as to say bye, bye Van Gaal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

patmac wrote: »
    I wonder how many United 'fans' are hoping we lose tonight, so as to say bye, bye Van Gaal.

Why ? What difference is another loss & being dumped out another competition going to matter ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement