Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So are we back to the LVG has two games to save his job stage of the season again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Don't care that we lost
    This is a competition for teams not good enough to be in champions league

The fact we were abject all over the place isn't good enough
    It's been abundant that this had been going in for too long
    Bye bye lvg

The fact there's no settled systems of positions is beyond a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Fel was the only player who looked a bit passionate today. Should have been sent off multiple times, but least he showed some fight.

Put me on and I`ll show some fight. Not a good enough excuse for a footballer who shouldn't be anywhere near a team with aspirations to challenge for the title/CL. He`s not alone though, the squad is dross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I honestly fear Lvg will be given another season

Put me on and I`ll show some fight. Not a good enough excuse for a footballer who shouldn't be anywhere near a team with aspirations to challenge for the title/CL. He`s not alone though, the squad is dross.

He was one of our better players and he tried people singling him out are been idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

So are we back to the LVG has two games to save his job stage of the season again?

Unfortunately not.

When he does go it shouldn't stop with him. Heads need to roll at the highest level in the club.

Again I say the club are a laughing stock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not saying he was amazing.

But if I have to rank the players on performance this evening, he'd probably be #2 behind DDG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It is just unacceptable.

I can't see how the club are sitting on their hands watching this crap, allowing United to fall from one disaster to the next sh1t performance. What exactly did LVG bring to the table tonight? The team did absolutely nothing for 90 minutes. There isn't a single person in power at United that have any respect for the club it would appear. If they did they would do something. LVG would step down because it is CLEAR he is failing and will continue to fail. Woodward would sack him for the same reason. The Glazers would be coming down hard on Woodward for allowing this absolute farce to continue.

David Moyes was sacked for better than this crap from LVG.

United aren't even going to make the Europa via the league this season - our form will see us bottom half of the table.

250milion spent by LVG to create a team of possession based play in his philosophy and we get utterly dominated by an average Liverpool side for 90minutes.

What on earth needs to happen, how bad does it need to get before the club actually do something to show they care about anything other than getting the latest 'partner' on board? Do we actually need to get relegated? Give LVG enough time and he'll fcuking do it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

1 shot on target. 0 corners.

Frankly, I'm surprised we even had 44% possession.

Thanks Louis, another top notch effort!

sky88 wrote: »
    I honestly fear Lvg will be given another season

That won't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What a bloody game of football it dont even hurt that Liverpool beat us it hurts more that the team looks like it's been ripped apart, absolutely no shape or plan with the team the only time we looked like we knew what we were doing was when we passed the ball around fast for about 5 mins of second half but that soon fizzled out.

Martial and depay should be the last players to be blamed I felt sorry for them tonight they are not defensively minded players they are the arrow but unfortunately we don't have a bow to fire them with.

Fellaini is a total disgrace he played decent I wouldnt fault him for that but the carry on with his elbows is disgusting its not even a once off he does it ever couple of games he is a nasty piece of stuff that somehow gets away with it.

LVG has to go this is our best chance of European football next season and he didn't even have a plan to try beat an average Liverpool team christ he didn't even know what formation to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lvg is a god

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    LVG could be sacked when we lose to West Ham at the weekend and are out of everything. I cant see us coming back in the 2nd leg.

He wasn't sacked after that december run - the club have no intention of doing anything til the summer and I wouldn't trust them to make the right call then either.

A shambles from top to bottom. The glazers have no clue about football - have no real interest in it and no influence or contacts in it - and they entrust the running of a club to Woodward, who also clearly has no idea what they hell is going on from a football perspective.

A football club ran by accountants for profit driven parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

ricero wrote: »
    Lvg is a god

Yes, He will be like St Patrick next Thursday casting the snakes out of Old Trafford.

He was one of our better players and he tried people singling him out are been idiots

People have their opinion on him and seem incapable of giving an unbiased critic of him during a game. Their opinion is set in stone no matter how he plays.

It's an utterly bizzare opinion to hold tonight considering he was arguably our best outfield player tonight.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

thats the worst United team ive seen play at Anfield. Im trying to think of something positive... De Gea I suppose? but christ, how depressing must that be for you guys? :s Fellaini, wow. Next level of badness right there. Going to have to be a huge summer for Utd I feel, the amount of dross there is insane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The thing with Fellaini is that I'd forgive him every elbow he ever threw if he played excellent football. Roy Keane kicked lumps out of players but in between those moments he was our very best player so you understood why he would rage at times and forgave him his indiscretions. When Fellaini does it, it just comes across like a cowards way of showing that he has a bit of fight in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

ricero wrote: »
    Lvg is a god

He's a real Achlys

You could put Warren Joyce in charge of the side tomorrow and I would be far more confident of United putting in some half decent performance - which would be a significant improvement on the general sh1te LVG manages us to.

LVG must have absolutely no respect for United as a club or the fans of the club. Same goes for Woodward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You could put Warren Joyce in charge of the side tomorrow and I would be far more confident of United putting in some half decent performance - which would be a significant improvement on the general sh1te LVG manages us to.

LVG must have absolutely no respect for United as a club or the fans of the club. Same goes for Woodward.

There seems to be a lot of chatter about the DoF being appointed this summer. Hope its true.

16 weeks till July 1st now. Role on Jose.

Scholes looks genuinely upset tonight he aint even waffling he Just not happy.

sorry, are people here actually defending Fellaini because he showed "fight" ? he showed nothing, he showed repeated stupidity and awful play. this is the same manchester united that has seen the likes of scholes and keane and giggs and all these guys and you are defending fellaini because he ran into people a few times? jesus. come on. he is a nothing player. hes a liability at best.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of chatter about the DoF being appointed this summer. Hope its true.

16 weeks till July 1st now. Role on Jose.

Theres been no chatter about it in weeks - last I read was one of the English journos saying United had rubbished the speculation of them hiring a DoF or similar.

If United wanted Jose to be manager, he would have been manager months ago.

I reckon there isn't a single person at United who would confidently say who will be manager next season. Spinelessness and self-interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jayo26 wrote: »
    Scholes looks genuinely upset tonight he aint even waffling he Just not happy.

Really dislike scholes as a pundit but he has talked some sense there

But him and all the other ex United players need to stop with the carrick love he's been poor this season and isn't improving the team even in cm. Not that any of our cm have been that good this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

That Positivity tractor burnt to the ground yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How there's any talk of Fellaini after what Schneiderlin showed tonight is ridiculous. He's been useless all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

My god that was some **** to look at tonight. Apart from de gea everyone was useless. Shocking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

So can we sack him now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Lose against West Ham & kicked out of Europa next week and surely that is LVG gone. Surely!

There is absolutely no logical reason to keep this man here if the above happens

BMMachine wrote: »
    sorry, are people here actually defending Fellaini because he showed "fight" ? he showed nothing, he showed repeated stupidity and awful play. this is the same manchester united that has seen the likes of scholes and keane and giggs and all these guys and you are defending fellaini because he ran into people a few times? jesus. come on. he is a nothing player. hes a liability at best.

Jesus has anyone said he's a Keane or Scholes?

He's not a nothing player. He's no world beater but he takes a ridiculous amount of criticism on here and it's just bizzare. Did you watch Utd tonight? I take that as a yes. And you pick out Felllaini for criticism?

Utd were crap. No one apart form De Gea played really well. Fellaini was probably the best of a bad bunch.

It's tiresome having to defend him. No doubt I'll be accused of think Fellaini is a world beater. I don't but I know he is a decent footballer, a good squad option for Utd(if they ever actually get a squad together again).

With the ****e job that Van Gaal has made of th squad, it's no surprise that Fellaini will start a lot of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fellaini done what he was suppose to do. Get a yellow yard & make easy money for the punters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Liam O wrote: »
    How there's any talk of Fellaini after what Schneiderlin showed tonight is ridiculous. He's been useless all season.

Maybe because it his first season at the club and van gaal has us playing crap while Fellaini is in his third season with us and gets worse and worse..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

DDG will be at Madrid next season, why oh why would he want to stay with us, so disappointing and frustrating.

sky88 wrote: »
    Really dislike scholes as a pundit but he has talked some sense there

But him and all the other ex United players need to stop with the carrick love he's been poor this season and isn't improving the team even in cm. Not that any of our cm have been that good this season

Personally myself I can see why Carrick hasn't got a new contract yet I wouldnt be in a mad panick to give him one either. He might be a leader in the dressing room but he aint much use on the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Take a long look at that pool team, and the players they have. And now think about how bad United played. Let it sink in people, two has been teams playing and it hurts that my team are playing worse. If he is not gone at the end of this season I'm out. 30 years following the club and as devout as anyone but I just don't recognise anything about them anymore. No fight, barely any talent and a manager who doesn't give a fcuk.

Lose against West Ham & kicked out of Europa next week and surely that is LVG gone. Surely!

There is absolutely no logical reason to keep this man here if the above happens

If it were to happen I'd take the two defeats now. Not going to happen though.

Not a real fan.......blah blah blah....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well, put simply.

We are ****ing s-hi-te

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

adox wrote: »
    If it were to happen I'd take the two defeats now. Not going to happen though.

Not a real fan.......blah blah blah....

You're going to take them whether you like it or not!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

If LVG wants to put Fellaini on the pitch, at least play to his strengths.

It took 85mins or something to get the first cross in the box to Fellaini's head and that was probably our best chance despite it never looking a goal even with that Mignolet goober in goal

What was the logical reason to keep him after we went out of an easy CL group, got knocked out of the league cup by a lower league team, again, and had that horrendous run of league performances in December?

Woodward doesn't give a sh1t what is happening on the pitch.
    The Glazers don't give a sh1t what is happening on the pitch.
    Hell, neither the players nor LVG do either.

An absolute disgrace of a club at every level, from every perspective.

There isn't a single person there I trust to run a football club in a competent manager because there is zero evidence of capability to do so. Spineless, gutless, defeatest losers every single one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I wonder what the attendance will be next week,

I have reached the point where for Van Gaal's own self respect and sense of pride he should resign. It is obviously not working, it shows no sign at all in almost 2 years now that it will work. Just resign and stop prolonging the misery.

yes i did watch and yes i will pull fellaini out for criticism. he did nothing well. the last 30 minutes the game literally went on around him. he got done by pretty much every liverpool player and the only ones he didnt were the ones he ran into. Of course he isnt scholes or keane or anything like that - but he should not be anywhere near the starting line up of that team. I have literally no idea how people can be defending him on that performance tonight. like, what did you see that I didnt? I saw a massively negative player and a guy who cant be trusted with the ball at his feet. hes tall and awkward, thats literally it. Im honestly confused as to how some Utd fans can be defending him on that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For someone I always just dismissed as a typical flash footballer, Rio Ferdinand is very eloquent.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Fellaini done what he was suppose to do. Get a yellow yard & make easy money for the punters.

Ya his 5th of the season I'd say your very stuck if you have been backing that all season ;) Wouldnt be starting any tipping sites if I was you :rolleyes:

LVG: "Fellaini was one of the best players on the pitch"

Just FCUK OFF Louis.

Fellaini was by no means the worst United player - but only DDG would get a match rating comparable to a Liverpool player tonight. Every single outfield player was outplayed by a liverpool lad.

yes i did watch and yes i will pull fellaini out for criticism. he did nothing well. the last 30 minutes the game literally went on around him. he got done by pretty much every liverpool player and the only ones he didnt were the ones he ran into. Of course he isnt scholes or keane or anything like that - but he should not be anywhere near the starting line up of that team. I have literally no idea how people can be defending him on that performance tonight. like, what did you see that I didnt? I saw a massively negative player and a guy who cant be trusted with the ball at his feet. hes tall and awkward, thats literally it. Im honestly confused as to how some Utd fans can be defending him on that performance.

I'd advise you to watch the second half again and reassess.

Herrera was non existent when he came on
    Schwein was ineffective
    Schneiderlin is a coward all season plain and simple
    Blind is absolutely infuriating
    Memphis anonymous
    Martial anonymous
    Rashford is a kid, I'm not going to slate him, or Varela
    Rojo was ok, but still ****e in so many ways
    De Gea was par
    Carrick was poor

Fellaini actually falls well down the list of players that were ****ing ****e tonight. It may be a sad indictment of the club, the team, the players, whatever, that he was one of the better performers, in a **** performance.....but he was.

What makes it all the worse really, is that Liverpool are also ****ing ****e but at least they were not simply going through the motions tonight and outfought every single time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

LVG: "Fellaini was one of the best players on the pitch"

Just FCUK OFF Louis.

Fellaini was by no means the worst United player - but only DDG would get a match rating comparable to a Liverpool player tonight. Every single outfield player was outplayed by a liverpool lad.

I thought Liverpool were poor.... Which shows how bad Utd were.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    I'd advise you to watch the second half again and reassess.

saw it very clearly man, nope. the game went on around him. What did he do well?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement