Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

Watching the early game again City dont look interested... United have a big chance of 4th if they keep up this form so good luck to West Ham in the battle for 4th

Hah, you could be the first soccer mod to get banned from the forum while modding it!

:pac:

Maybe I'm being a negative Nancy but after the disappointments of the last 3 years I'm working on the worst case scenario when it comes to the club.

Jose said he has a job lined up so he says himself... SO only teams I can think it could be to varying degress of possibility are ourselfs, Juve and Arsenal and I'd have us a very short odds and Arsenal very long odds, no other big jobs anyway available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »

A statistical trawl LOL what an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Jose said he has a job lined up so he says himself... SO only teams I can think it could be to varying degress of possibility are ourselfs, Juve and Arsenal and I'd have us a very short odds and Arsenal very long odds, no other big jobs anyway available

Could be Juve no? I hope its us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

A damning statistic amongst a growing list of damning statistics under his reign.

How he is still in a job is anyone's guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That city result makes it so much harder to take having lvg presiding over our recent results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    That city result makes it so much harder to take having lvg presiding over our recent results.

We wont get top 4 but hopefully we can screw them over and stop them getting it, it would be delightful to see Pep arrive with no CL football.

We wont get top 4 but hopefully we can screw them over and stop them getting it, it would be delightful to see Pep arrive with no CL football.

It would nearly make up for the season if that happen well maybe not but it would be ****ing class, hopefully west ham if not us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

He'd probably get Europa...and win it, causing further meltdowns.

The Derby will be interesting now. A win would be great but it won't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Probably a level in terms of stature below those 3 but Valencia maybe? Great potential there but it's a very outside shout I admit!
    I'm pretty confident that he is coming to Utd. A lot of work to do on getting our squad up to required standard in terms of comings and goings. Wonder who he has shortlisted after all those games he been in attendance at the last few months!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus, imagine if England's rep in the CL next year were Leicester, Spurs, West Ham and Arsenal. The Europeans will be wondering what the **** happened, as Vardy bangs in goals against Real Madrid, and Payet singlehandedly destroys Barca :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Liam O wrote: »
    Benitez is not a better manager than LVG.

Lol

Probably a level in terms of stature below those 3 but Valencia maybe? Great potential there but it's a very outside shout I admit!
    I'm pretty confident that he is coming to Utd. A lot of work to do on getting our squad up to required standard in terms of comings and goings. Wonder who he has shortlisted after all those games he been in attendance at the last few months!

OOOOOO lets muse LOL

Jose would def add the strength, height power and pace that squad is badly missing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

bangkok wrote: »
    Mourinho is our manager next season. 99.9% sure. Even the inter Milan Vice President who was just after talking to him said he is very happy as he is going to Manchester next season. Worst kept secret in football

Why wait until the summer? Get him in now.

FatherTed wrote: »
    Why wait until the summer? Get him in now.

Negative guess: Woody doesn't want to sack a manager midseason, be it out of respect to LVG, wants to be seen as not a "sacking club", wants to wait till we can contractually cut him without a payoff.
    Positive guess: We have Jose lined up but Jose wanted nothing to do with this season by the time the deal was reached, so has opted instead to let LVG finish this season while Jose goes round scouting, setting up a backroom staff, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote:
    Negative guess: Woody doesn't want to sack a manager midseason, be it out of respect to LVG, wants to be seen as not a "sacking club", wants to wait till we can contractually cut him without a payoff. Positive guess: We have Jose lined up but Jose wanted nothing to do with this season by the time the deal was reached, so has opted instead to let LVG finish this season while Jose goes round scouting, setting up a backroom staff, etc.

Well said TSC
    I hope its the latter option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I hope Jose doesn't get an offer he can't refuse while Utd are arsing about.

Korat wrote: »

If you believe reports in Spain, Real approached him but were told he already has signed with us....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Korat wrote:

If he wants United he'll wait
    His ego will dictate he wants to prove Chelsea wrong and he gets to face Pep too at Citeh
    He'll be on a level playing field with them in terms of structure and ability to buy players so big money shouldn't interest him

• Advertisement

Actually now I think of it Arnautovic seems like a Jose kinda player,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭xtal191

Actually now I think of it Arnautovic seems like a Jose kinda player,

Don't think they got on at Inter

xtal191 wrote: »
    Don't think they got on at Inter

You mean jose didn't get on with a player???

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Negative guess: Woody doesn't want to sack a manager midseason, be it out of respect to LVG, wants to be seen as not a "sacking club", wants to wait till we can contractually cut him without a payoff.
    Positive guess: We have Jose lined up but Jose wanted nothing to do with this season by the time the deal was reached, so has opted instead to let LVG finish this season while Jose goes round scouting, setting up a backroom staff, etc.

The story is that it is the Glazers who are reluctant to sack him.Feck the club up to save a few quid.:rolleyes:

I reckon we are stuck with LVG until the end of the season.If he scrapes 4th then it will be a thanks and goodbye,if we don't then it will be just goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

xabi wrote: »
    Lol

A good argument, but I think lmfao counters it sufficiently.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

The story is that it is the Glazers who are reluctant to sack him.Feck the club up to save a few quid.:rolleyes:

I reckon we are stuck with LVG until the end of the season.If he scrapes 4th then it will be a thanks and goodbye,if we don't then it will be just goodbye.

That fails the logic test at the first hurdle though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was a great goal by Lukaku, he would be ideal with Martial...

I absolutely love lukaku what a player and still so young he will be one hell of a top striker in 4 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RobertKK wrote: »
    That was a great goal by Lukaku, he would be ideal with Martial...

I think it would be an incredible partnership.

But I also thought that about Van Persie and Falcao.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think it would be an incredible partnership.

But I also thought that about Van Persie and Falcao.

On the total different end of the fitness and age scale tho.

About time someone had balls to send off Costa couldn't happen to a nicer man another thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

About time someone had balls to send off Costa couldn't happen to a nicer man another thug.

What an idiot. Barry should have picked up a 2nd yellow for that tackle but instead Costa goes beserk gets Barry off the hook and himself sent off. :rolleyes:

Korat wrote: »
    What an idiot. Barry should have picked up a 2nd yellow for that tackle but instead Costa goes beserk gets Barry off the hook and himself sent off. :rolleyes:

Couldn't of put it better myself ha, fair play to Barry because what Costa wanted was square off with him and fall to ground but Barry stood still and Costa couldn't back down..

Barry gone too now, delighted with that too.

• Advertisement

Barry gone too now, delighted with that too.

You streaming? Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Costa sort of doing a mime of Suarez!

Delighted to see him finally get his just deserts.

Tony V's lovechild.Matthew Olosunde eventually cleared to play for United yesterday.

Olosunde.jpg

You streaming? Ha

Forgot to hit post! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Roshaun Williams in the squad for tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Roshaun Williams in the squad for tomorrow.

Yep a good little centerback for the u21s he will probably end up on the wing if he plays.

From a poster on Recafe:
    Hillsborough and Munich chants are way beyond the pale. There's families on Merseyside that had to fight long and hard to get the truth about what happened to their loved ones that day. The full might of the State was arrayed against them. Thatcher's tame media puppets demonised innocent people for years, while backing the police who covered the whole thing up and allowed the lie, the great lie that Liverpool fans robbed the corpses of their own dead, to fester and gain ground. If anything, we should show solidarity with them. For a working class United fan to sing about 'the Sun" is a disgrace. Murdoch has done more to crush us than most and we fawn over his fecking rag like it's holy writ. Shame.

Liverpool fans might do well to remember Munich and the shameful way the establishment treated United afterwards. Our entry into the European Cup was fought by none other than Alan Hardaker, secretary of the Football League. His views on Europeans were well known, as was his antipathy to a competition he called a 'waste of time'. That plane took off at Munich that day so that United could get back home within three days of the upcoming fixture against Wolves, or forfeit the match. A decimated United were sportingly offered a wild card place bu UEFA for the 1958-59 competition. Hardaker refused to allow us to compete.

The great Santiago Bernabeu offered to lend Alfredo di Stefano to United after Munich. The move was blocked by the FA. If it were not for the generosity of Real Madrid, United may not have survived. We owe a great deal to Real and to the memory of Santiago Bernabeu. We owe nothing to the FA.

Liverpool pride themselves, quite rightly, for winning five European Cups. But were it not for the persistence of Matt Busby and Jimmy Murphy in their defiance of the establishment, the road they took might not have been so successfully followed by Bob Paisley decades later.

United and Liverpool are, to paraphrase Redman, 'very much alike'. I'm not suggesting we all hold hands and sing happy tunes together but for heaven's sake stop pissing on the graves of the dead. Honour them and let them rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

From a poster on Recafe:

Amen!

And let's hope couple of posters on boards can do same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

zerks wrote:
    From a poster on Recafe:

That's such a great post, zerks, and I couldn't agree more with the sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

Amen!

And let's hope couple of posters on boards can do same

Possibly it could be also posted in the Liverpool thread and nip any forthcoming bollix next Thursday night in the bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

From a poster on Recafe:

Liverpool fan here and I agree 100% neither set of fan should mock the horrific events in both clubs history.

Last Thursday I got so annoyed when I heard the chant. The same happened two years (I think) ago in OT that was clearly audible on TV and a section of the Liverpool fans sang songs about Munich. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

I hope anyone identified engaging in such behaviour is banned from games for the rest of their lives.

I recently read that after the Munich disaster Liverpool actually offered United some players so they could continue to field a team. Had anyone else know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

emmetkenny wrote: »

I recently read that after the Munich disaster Liverpool actually offered United some players so they could continue to field a team. Had anyone else know this?

Hadn't heard this before. As a goodwill gesture how about ye take Fellani off us now. It would helps win a game if LVG didn't have to select him

https://twitter.com/anto_v25/status/708716969520992256

Hopefully he spent that 5 months looking at videos of his first season at United and will replicate that form.

Yeah heard that before alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Robson99 wrote: »
    Hadn't heard this before. As a goodwill gesture how about ye take Fellani off us now. It would helps win a game if LVG didn't have to select him

No no need to repay us. Thank you for your kind offer though :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement