Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Romelu Lukaku will be a superstar. I hope the cheque book is opened this summer for him.

Oozing goals and pure quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/anto_v25/status/708716969520992256

Hopefully he spent that 5 months looking at videos of his first season at United and will replicate that form.

Rumour has it that valencia spent five months watching videos of Daley blind on how not to be a centerback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Be nice to see Valencia brought on as a winger rather than an RB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We're 4 points from the fcuking promise land with a chance to cut it to one in the next game with 8 games to go, City have no interest whatsoever

We are in a fantastic position to have CL football next season

I'd play the kids in the second Liverpool leg, we aren't going to score 3 and keep Liverpool out, it's a lost cause. 3 games in a week is too much you need to prioritise especially now of all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I know its not United related really, I know, speculation that Pochettino might be a dark horse for the job. Here's something that made me smile.

https://www.facebook.com/tottenhamhtn/videos/1058267147564995/

If anybody knows how to embed facebook videos then work away!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

However bad City appear to be right now, I have absolutely no confidence in Utd scraping into that 4th spot, none whatsoever. Liverpool or West Ham are both more likely to steal it ahead of us.

I know its not United related really, I know, speculation that Pochettino might be a dark horse for the job. Here's something that made me smile.

Excellent video.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Romelu Lukaku will be a superstar. I hope the cheque book is opened this summer for him.

Oozing goals and pure quality.

Don't do it to yourself, Mahrez, Lukaku, Payet are three great examples of what players can do when a team is sent out to play in a way that suits the abilities of the players. Under LVG United don't play in a way that suits any of United's players.

From Barkley, Kante, Antonio to Coleman, Vardy and Kouyaté (plenty more examples), they all suit their sides and their sides suit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Of we do get Jose, what would be his first signing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't know if I'll get carded for this but I really couldn't care less about chants anymore, to be honest.

"They said Hillsborough."

"But they said Munich."

Same shíte twice a season, every season from eejits in two stadiums and then thousands of others tut-tutting on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't know if I'll get carded for this but I really couldn't care less about chants anymore, to be honest.

"But they said Munich."

Same shíte twice a season, every season from eejits in two stadiums and then thousands of others tut-tutting on the internet.
    Somewhat agree.

It should be criticised and condemned, but making it the main story is ridiculous and just a way to sell papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Hococop wrote: »
    Of we do get Jose, what would be his first signing?

We badly need a CB and John Terry will be available!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I think Utd will try to buy 2 strikers this summer, Lukaku being one. Fergie always admired Drogba and Lukaku looks similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I think Utd will try to buy 2 strikers this summer, Lukaku being one. Fergie always admired Drogba and Lukaku looks similar.

Problem is, didn't Jose get rid of Lukaku, I wonder if he holds any grudges, that's if we do get jose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hococop wrote: »
    Problem is, didn't Jose get rid of Lukaku, I wonder if he holds any grudges, that's if we do get jose

Lukaku has said it was his decision to leave, that Jose supported him and that Jose was the first to congratulate him when he signed the Everton contract. Doesn't seem to be any grudges there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

J. Marston wrote: »

"But they said Munich."

Some people just can't wait to bring it up. It happens on both sides, no amount of handwringing on an Irish message board is going to stop it.
    I prefer not to give it the time of day if I hear it.

killwill wrote: »
    We badly need a CB and John Terry will be available!!!

Id rather bring William Prunier out of retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Little late to be asking, but I'm finally making a return to Old Trafford tomorrow, been 8 years, and this will be the first time I'll be of drinking age over there.
    Wondering if anyone could make a recommendation or 2 on a good spot for the night?
    Just worried with it being Sunday that there might not be as many options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lukaku and Aubameyang would be my top two picks up front, not having CL football could be a deciding factor for them though. Other clubs will offer them money we can, if we got both it would be insane.

We need a real classy midfielder too, Pobga in a perfect world but Pjanic would be a slightly more realistic option. Excellent player, makes a team tick almost Scholes like

A centre back is badly needed, Jones isn't reliable and Blind isn't good enough there long term. I doubt any established top quality centre back will leave their teams to come to us so we'll probably be buying for potential, Van Dijk off Southampton looks a solid player, won't be cheap though and nowhere near the finished article so it's a punt if we do buy him. That being said most centre backs we have been linked with would be a risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I hear your a raceist now father

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Little late to be asking, but I'm finally making a return to Old Trafford tomorrow, been 8 years, and this will be the first time I'll be of drinking age over there.
    Wondering if anyone could make a recommendation or 2 on a good spot for the night?
    Just worried with it being Sunday that there might not be as many options.

Hit the bishops Blaize pre match for the atmosphere more then anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hit the bishops Blaize pre match for the atmosphere more then anything

Sam Platts is great for pre-match atmosphere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I'm surprised Nicolas Gaitan hasn't been touted as LVG's replacement yet. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Korat wrote: »
    I'm surprised Nicolas Gaitan hasn't been touted as LVG's replacement yet. :p

With Sneijder as assistant.

I actually forgot the match was on when I woke up today, tough to get excited about games at the moment but this is a competition we should be targeting whether we can progress in Europe (we won't) or get to the top 4, 12 years is too long to have won it considering the rich history we have enjoyed in it.

West Ham are a good side, playing well but a team we should be beating if we are up for it. The lack of fight shown against Liverpool will bring the same result against West Ham, we need someone to set the tone, to take the team and the game by the scruff and drive it.

Looking through the squad there is not a whole lot of those characters, if Basti is fit enough I start him and Herrera in midfield, Lingard on the right, Memphis on the left, Mata in the hole and Martial up top. I'd take Blind out of the team personally but can see why Louis won't given the upheavel in the backline already.

Gonna need some big performances today.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I actually forgot the match was on when I woke up today, tough to get excited about games at the moment but this is a competition we should be targeting whether we can progress in Europe (we won't) or get to the top 4, 12 years is too long to have won it considering the rich history we have enjoyed in it.

West Ham are a good side, playing well but a team we should be beating if we are up for it. The lack of fight shown against Liverpool will bring the same result against West Ham, we need someone to set the tone, to take the team and the game by the scruff and drive it.

Looking through the squad there is not a whole lot of those characters, if Basti is fit enough I start him and Herrera in midfield, Lingard on the right, Memphis on the left, Mata in the hole and Martial up top. I'd take Blind out of the team personally but can see why Louis won't given the upheavel in the backline already.

Gonna need some big performances today.

Suspended isn't he?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Suspended isn't he?

Yeah
    So Fel at #10 then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah
    So Fel at #10 then?

I'd rather there was no 10 and herrera and Fellaini played in midfield like they did last season supporting the wide players. Throw Schweinsteiger in behind them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Getting very worried about Jones, he's been a sick note all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

beno619 wrote: »

I've stopped seeing him as an option over a year ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

He's a goner this summer I reckon. I can see him moving to a club like Everton especially if Stones moves this summer which is likely imo

The papers saying LVG lost it with Januzaj and Pereira after the recent U21 game vs Boro due to their poor attitude on the pitch.

Januzaj really needs a reality check-one season where Moyes depended on him has led to him being too big for his boots.Just look at what was said about him on loan at Dortmund about his attitude.Imagine him carrying on like that when Keane and co. were at the club.
    Pereira I'm not sure about,maybe that explains why he got near to the first team then was pushed back.United is not just about having talent,you need to have the right attitude aswell.

He's a goner this summer I reckon. I can see him moving to a club like Everton especially if Stones moves this summer which is likely imo

Tis a shame I think he all the tools but if he can't stay fit it doesn't really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Tis a shame I think he all the tools but if he can't stay fit it doesn't really matter.

Don't think he was ever good enough really and the injury issues obviously. Can see him being ideal for Everton, West Ham...that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

It's amazing how far Jones stock has fallen.

Fergie seen him as captain material and one of the best players and trainers at the club in his time.

I'd get rid anyway. Can't be relied on and is a constant threat to himself and others.

Suspended isn't he?

Doh!

Probably see Fellaini there then yeah

Would like the 3 man midfield with no defined 10 also of course but won't hold my breath for that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If Fellani starts, should be central midfield. Much better deeper in the pitch breaking up play and can get forward. A bit of Thursday night would be good from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Forget all the doom and gloom of our season isn't it great to see a little boys dream's come true. Fair play THFC and Pochettino

Robson99 wrote: »
    Forget all the doom and gloom of our season isn't it great to see a little boys dream's come true. Fair play THFC and Pochettino

My thoughts exactly. :)

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Don't think he was ever good enough really and the injury issues obviously. Can see him being ideal for Everton, West Ham...that level.

I'd argue he's in a similar position as Smalling was, he'll never reach the potential if he can't stay fit. I think the ability is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jones is simply earning a wage by being a research player for the medical staff, given his varied lists of complaints.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Jones is simply earning a wage by being a research player for the medical staff, given his varied lists of complaints.

Like a glorified lab rat???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

jayo26 wrote: »
    Like a glorified lab rat???

He must feel like one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Can't remember Jones being so injury prone before he joined us. What would it say about the club and the medical staff/training methods in particular if Jones left and had a long successful career at another club.
    He had such potential when he joined. Really thought he and Smalling were going to be our defensive pairing for years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Arsenal could be going out. What a second goal that was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If we don't win today, I'm going to have a meltdown

Arsenal could be going out. What a second goal that was!

Its grand they have Welbeck the messiah on now he will sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

TheDoc wrote: »
    If we don't win today, I'm going to have a meltdown

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.
    If the team play like they did on Thursday the result will only go one way.

Hopefully they start quickly with pace in the play, otherwise it's going to be a long evening.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement