Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Spot on,need to get a experienced CB that will lead the back the back line,

The days of playing Blind at CB has to stop soon,he was doing ok for a bit but in the last few weeks he has been very shaky

Id keep him though as a CM option,

Blind is a good squad option, versatile. I'd definitely keep him around. We've had lots of Felliani talk over the past few days too, I'd keep him too, he's a different option and a good player to have. Neither should be starting regularly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I just wish these club legends would quit with the romantic notions and listen to the fans.

"He knows what this club is all about and the fans would be totally behind the club if they made that decision and totally behind Ryan."

Bryan Robson-failed manager believes Giggs is the man to lead United forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You did say it, its right there, both in your post and in my quote.

Pathetic.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Why do people think that Adnan is a RW?

People automatically assume because he's a winger he can play on the left or right. What has made people think he is a right winger?

Give him an extended run on the left wing.

I fail to see what chance LVG has given him. He played him last season on the RW when our tough run of matches came v City away and then Chelsea at home. It was a huge shock he didn't set the world alight v these teams yet was dropped never to return soon after.

He used to play RW for the youth teams more often then not.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

bangkok wrote: »
    where in that article does he say we wont finish 4th??

Says at the bottom that he tips West Ham to make the top 4, can't find the original article I read over the weekend but the below makes it clearer.
    It was discussed on Off the Ball on Sunday as well

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1677705.ece

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/652257/Manchester-United-Champions-League-West-Ham-Premier-League-news-gossip-rumours

Says at the bottom that he tips West Ham to make the top 4, can't find the original article I read over the weekend but the below makes it clearer.
    It was discussed on Off the Ball on Sunday as well

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1677705.ece

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/652257/Manchester-United-Champions-League-West-Ham-Premier-League-news-gossip-rumours

its only "according to reports", no direct quotes as far as I can see

A REFEREE voted the “worst” of the last World Cup will take charge of our crucial Europa League second leg at Old Trafford on Thursday.
    Serbian referee Milorad Mazic will be the man in the middle for the game.

In a poll by the website redcardtheref.com he was voted the worst referee of the 2014 World Cup - collecting 87,362 votes out of 110,000.

Undaunted, his motto is: “You can’t please everyone.”

He is rumoured to be a guest mod in the match thread after the game.......This bit might not be true.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

zerks wrote: »
    A REFEREE voted the “worst” of the last World Cup will take charge of our crucial Europa League second leg at Old Trafford on Thursday.
    Serbian referee Milorad Mazic will be the man in the middle for the game.

In a poll by the website redcardtheref.com he was voted the worst referee of the 2014 World Cup - collecting 87,362 votes out of 110,000.

Undaunted, his motto is: “You can’t please everyone.”

He is rumoured to be a guest mod in the match thread after the game.......This bit might not be true.:P

Worst ref in the world,

"that is how you say in English...the law of Murphy" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Now I know in terms of league and europe it has definitely been a depressing season but I really do hope we win the FA cup and don't think it is anything to turn our noses up at. Seems lots of fans think "it's only the cup".

The last time we were even in the FA cup final was like 10 years ago and we lost that one, would absolutely love to see us win it again and have said the same for the last few years. Now saying that I don't even fancy us to win it but a boy can hope :P

Also LVG winning the cup would by no means make up for a dismal league and europe display but at least it would give us something good to finish a season of lows. (and for those praying for LVG to leave he always mentions how he wins cups where he goes, if he wins the fa cup maybe he would be more opened to stepping down as he wouldnt see his tenure as much of a failure as it was :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The lack of interplay between the front players is baffling. Rooney and Mata I've seen play intricate short passes around the box and run of players in the past but nothing like that happens nowadays. Even Martial when he plays for France plays a few pass and run moves. Nobody seems to want anything to do with each other up front these days.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Liam O wrote: »
    The lack of interplay between the front players is baffling. Rooney and Mata I've seen play intricate short passes around the box and run of players in the past but nothing like that happens nowadays. Even Martial when he plays for France plays a few pass and run moves. Nobody seems to want anything to do with each other up front these days.

Biggest evidence of this was the Liverpool game.

Liverpool playing 1-2's, reading where other players are going. Our players just kept playing passes and the other player had gone long or vice versa. 0 chemistry in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Now saying that I don't even fancy us to win it

This is the problem though. I don't think any fans are turning their nose up at it, personally I would always take a cup ahead of a 4th place finish. The problem is that we can have no enthusiasm about it, not after the crap we have watched for two years. Its only Everton, Palace and Watford and still we don't feel confident, thats how far down this club has been taken.

Liam O wrote: »

It is as if LVG has given players defined areas of the pitch to stay in and they dare not deviate from that plan.Even a child playing FIFA knows this doesn't work so why does a well paid manager of one of the biggest teams in the world think it does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Now I know in terms of league and europe it has definitely been a depressing season but I really do hope we win the FA cup and don't think it is anything to turn our noses up at. Seems lots of fans think "it's only the cup".

I'd be delighted to win the cup.

I think the issue with that quote is the suggestion that Robson seems to think the cup is only winnable now that Arsenal are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

zerks wrote: »
    It is as if LVG has given players defined areas of the pitch to stay in and they dare not deviate from that plan.Even a child playing FIFA knows this doesn't work so why does a well paid manager of one of the biggest teams in the world think it does?

I was chatting to a lad on Sunday night that had some ITK stuff from a family member who is good friends with one of our senior players. The player says that they're totally pissed off with VanGaal's rigidity. He's given a box in which he has to stay within and he's only allowed to make certain types of passes. If he goes out of that even if it results in a goal then he's unlikely to play the next game.

I've never done an ITK post before and I don't normally like them, but this source is top top class and involved in the game at the highest level with a team that this player used to play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Jayop wrote: »
    I was chatting to a lad on Sunday night that had some ITK stuff from a family member who is good friends with one of our senior players. The player says that they're totally pissed off with VanGaal's rigidity. He's given a box in which he has to stay within and he's only allowed to make certain types of passes. If he goes out of that even if it results in a goal then he's unlikely to play the next game.

I've never done an ITK post before and I don't normally like them, but this source is top top class and involved in the game at the highest level with a team that this player used to play with.

So ITK that even though your friends family member is a friend of one of the senior players you decided to hold off on that amazing insight until Zerks proposed it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So ITK that even though your friends family member is a friend of one of the senior players you decided to hold off on that amazing insight until Zerks proposed it?

Are you suggesting Zerks is the mole ? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Are you Bangkok in disguise...
    Has a girl friend zoned you for Fellaini.....

Leroy42 wrote: »

I posted it on another forum yesterday.

http://www.unitedreds.net/threads/van-gaal-out.3129/page-64#post-160614

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever not to just say the ****ing players name, its a fans discussion board not a court of law.

People claiming these things should either give the details or keep it to themselves.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever not to just say the ****ing players name, its a fans discussion board not a court of law.

People claiming these things should either give the details or keep it to themselves.

Not really. I was told the information and I know 100% that the person has the relationship with the player so I'm happy to say it. It wasn't some big ITK revelation that United are sacking VanGaal or buying a player so I don't really need to say any more than that.

Not really. I was told the information and I know 100% that the person has the relationship with the player so I'm happy to say it. It wasn't some big ITK revelation that United are sacking VanGaal or buying a player so I don't really need to say any more than that.

is this Luke Shaw and his new boyfriend??

• Advertisement

Say the players name or don't say it at all.

Say the players name or don't say it at all.

If that in the forum charter or did you just make up the rule?

It doesn't matter who the player is so I don't want to say. If you don't believe it or aren't interested then just don't pay attention to it.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

If that in the forum charter or did you just make up the rule?

It doesn't matter who the player is so I don't want to say. If you don't believe it or aren't interested then just don't pay attention to it.

Do you know the name of the player?

Yes.

Thats my point really. Theres no reason not to just give the details so if you won't then it will just be ignored like any other ITK bull****. No problem then, I ignore lots of made up crap on a daily basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

is this Luke Shaw and his new boyfriend??

It's Fellaini isn't it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It seems unlikely a player would be dropped for doing something different that was successful. Several times this season Blind has charged forward from his defensive duties carrying the ball, even into the opponents box.

Blind is practically a fixture. Even if the source is genuine, I would think they are wrong. No surprise there may be some whining or self pity from players on the fringes of the squad, especially when the manager is vulnerable. Practically all the players in the squad need to worry about their own performance before worrying about anything else. And none of those on the fringes were dropped for anything other than being poor when given the chance.

Thats my point really. Theres no reason not to just give the details so if you won't then it will just be ignored like any other ITK bull****. No problem then, I ignore lots of made up crap on a daily basis.

I have no problem at all with you ignoring it.

OK, the player was Schneiderlin. I don't really mind saying that but I'd prefer not to say who the source was.

Yes.

they are only footballers, not people in the witness protection programme!!!

I have no problem at all with you ignoring it.

OK, the player was Schneiderlin. I don't really mind saying that but I'd prefer not to say who the source was.

Shane Long?

they are only footballers, not people in the witness protection programme!!!

Two minutes before you posted that I said who it was.

OK, the player was Schneiderlin.

A good example of why the claim was meaningless without reference to who the player was. I don't care about the source, but I can't even comment on the claim without knowing who it is about.

On the other hand, knowing that it is Morgan gives it some validity, you just have to look at the difference between him this season and last to see a player totally constrained in his role and looking all the worse for it.

The claim is still pretty meaningless. It's third hand information that someone you don't know is posting on the internet. Naming the played doesn't add any more credence to it as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah looking at the player he was and the player he is there's a big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tbh, if there was ever a player that staying in a box on the pitch would hamper it's Schneiderlin. Explains why he's been so shíte this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The problem is that we won't win titles or Champions league with those players, so I'm not sure I want our manager to be basing his team around them.

There is always the meme of "You don't win anything with kids" and yes, sometimes a great batch of kids will be very successful. But there is also the idea that "everybody think their wifekids are the prettiest", and to be honest I think this is one of those cases. I think we have good prospects there but they are not going to bring us to the next level. The likes of Rashford, CBJ, Lingard, Varela, they will be good players but will they be great players?

We are not a feeder club or a youth academy, our priority is not actually developing youngsters. Our priority is winning trophies, and while developing our own players is important it should also be placed in perspective. You just have to look at our current league position to see what happens when you try to be a nursery club, and if the next manager decides to rely on the youth we will remain right where we are.

These players should be squad players and they are good enough to be squad options. We can either spend 15-20 Million on squad players or promote from the academy, looks like the latter is better option when you consider how talented these players are and how much money we have to pay just for average players.

Fosu Mensah, Varela, CBJ, Rashfordm, Januzaj, Periera, Wilson are good enough players for back up role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kompany crocked again. Probably won't be playing at the weekend :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Kompany got off injured again!! Unlikely to be back for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Otamendi down now

Ah he is back on again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Otamendi down now

Ah he is back on again

And gone again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Otamendi off now. This night is going splendidly.

Only Aguero, Silva and Toure left now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

J. Marston wrote: »
    Otamendi off now. This night is going splendidly.

Only Aguero, Silva and Toure left now.

And the rest of the City team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Headshot wrote: »
    And the rest of the City team

And Van Gaal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Actually, as a medium facilitating discussions, boards is a legally liable entity.

And considering the amount of legal notices they receive frequently, there is a proactive approach to mitigate this stuff as much as possible. So its likely if even posted, it would be removed.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Actually, as a medium facilitating discussions, boards is a legally liable entity.

And considering the amount of legal notices they receive frequently, there is a proactive approach to mitigate this stuff as much as possible. So its likely if even posted, it would be removed.

Oh I am sure the lawyers will be right on our case for saying that Schneiderlin doesn't like Louis Van Gaal. Takedown notices will abound!!!

And just wait till they hear what Wayne Rooney told my best friends grandmother! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

And just wait till they hear what Wayne Rooney told my best friends grandmother! :eek:

She charges too much??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement