Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Knowing our luck, we'll be 3-0 until Coutinho smashes one home from 35 yards out in the 94th minute.

After 46 attempts going awry.

Then Barcelona will sign him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Delboy5 wrote: »
    The manager tells #MUTV it's too early for Schweinsteiger to start or for Valencia and Young to feature in the squad...

Fcuk!! Was hoping Schweinsteiger would start.....

Yet Fellani comes straight back into the team for one of our biggest games of the season. The mind boggles. Just get this season over already and get this fkin clown out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

so Danny Welbeck started north london derby and starts again tonight v Barcelona...... just saying :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »
    so Danny Welbeck started north london derby and starts again tonight v Barcelona...... just saying :rolleyes:

He'd be starting for us tomorrow if we had him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Great effort Welbeck.

Clearly thats because he is better than the 3 other fully fit strikers that Arsenal have on the bench.

Nothing to do with having a squad as light as ours with a couple of injuries to boot.

Nosireebob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Unbelievable bit of skill there from Welbeck. The Linesman certainly didn't believe what he saw. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Juve doing a number on Bayern so far.

Could be Peps last CL game for quite a while!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Neuer doing himself no favours trying to reclaim the top spot from De Gea

• Advertisement

Neuer doing himself no favours trying to reclaim the top spot from De Gea

His aura looks dented tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Barcelona should be crowned the best and banned from further participation, ever. It's like having a gangly 16 year old take part in the toddler's egg and spoon race.

Barcelona should be crowned the best and banned from further participation, ever. It's like having a gangly 16 year old take part in the toddler's egg and spoon race.

They are obscenely good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fellaini starts for us too......... Just saying :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not scared of a Pep's City team. Pep teams will always have the same problems. He overly relies on his team keeping the ball and that's all well in good but you cant have the ball 100% of the time and you will get stung on the counter

He's teams have always crap defending

Looking at Arsenal's team there are about seven players there who aren't good enough. You could say the same about us on any given match day

Barca, Bayern and Madrid will compete for the cream of the crop but there has to be more value out there for the teams in the next tier especially if you're spending hundreds of millions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Looking at Arsenal's team there are about seven players there who aren't good enough. You could say the same about us on any given match day

Barca, Bayern and Madrid will compete for the cream of the crop but there has to be more value out there for the teams in the next tier especially if you're spending hundreds of millions.

No value in the market you say? ;)

I think you only need to look at Leicester to see that there are good players out there beyond the usual flavour of the month so-called cream of the crop. You don't need to have 5 of the top 10 best players to compete, you just need a good team well managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Watching players playing well in the Champions League, let's say Douglas Costa you would say to yourself that he would he would have been a great buy for Utd,

Then you realise that if he did sign for Utd LVG wouldn't be long breaking him and making him forget about how to play football.

No value in the market you say? ;)

I think you only need to look at Leicester to see that there are good players out there beyond the usual flavour of the month so-called cream of the crop. You don't need to have 5 of the top 10 best players to compete, you just need a good team well managed.

We are miles from having a good team though in terms of where we want to be despite spending 300 million in the last 3 years. Our squad doesn't reflect that amount of money at all, we are weak all over bar in goal.

We need to considerabley up our game on the transfer front. we aren't going to sign the very best but we should be able to sign solid options and build a cohesive team.

patrice evra 1.2m to juventus
    lewandowski free transfer to bayern
    ivan rakatic 12m to barca
    xavi alonso 8 to bayern
    paul pogba free transfer to juve

all super signings for 3 of the top level teams playing tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

xavi alonso 8 to bayern

30 mil for Fellaini :p

• Advertisement

xavi alonso 8 to bayern

Evra was not a super signing.

Moved on by Utd two seasons too late. A great player and character at Utd but well overstayed his welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

adox wrote:
    Evra was not a super signing.

Moved on by Utd two seasons too late. A great player and character at Utd but well overstayed his welcome.

Jesus adox that's very harsh on evra
    Not as if we'd a suitable left back to replace him

Wouldn't mind Evra instead of Rojo or Blind at LB right now.

You lads have short memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Evra was directly involved in 3 goals tonight.. pity they were all at the wrong end.

Stupidly gives the ball away on the edge of the box
    https://streamable.com/yctm

Fails to track Thiago after a woeful headed clearance
    https://streamable.com/sjhu

Caught miles up the pitch while Bayern counter down his side of the pitch ( bit of deja vu there)
    https://streamable.com/mh0s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Korat wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind Evra instead of Rojo or Blind at LB right now.

He had a shocker from what I saw tonight unless maybe one of them was Sandro and not Evra.

2-1 after 90 mins and the ball breaks at the edge of the area and he tries run it out and Vidal robbed him. Goal 5 seconds later.

Third goal, was a straight forward high ball to deal with and he headed it straight to Thiago, One Two and goal.

Last goal, plays a dodgy ball into the strikers feet and just charges forward and Munich rob it and Coman runs right through the space Evra left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

adox wrote: »
    You lads have short memories.

No offence but yours doesn't seem to go back very far :pac:
    I think his last couple of seasons is tainting your view on him. Wouldn't have swapped him for anybody in his peak years at United.

No offence but yours doesn't seem to go back very far :pac:
    I think his last couple of seasons is tainting your view on him. Wouldn't have swapped him for anybody in his peak years at United.

I was only talking about his last two seasons. :confused:

Maybe my "wasn't a super signing" is causing confusion. I was no way suggesting he wasn't a super signing for Utd. I was referring to Bangkoks list of players he quoted were super signings. He was talking about Evras move to Juve.

Evra has been brilliant at Juventus and was a big part of them getting to champions league final last season and winning the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

adox wrote: »
    I was only talking about his last two seasons. :confused:

Maybe my "wasn't a super signing" is causing confusion. I was no way suggesting he wasn't a super signing for Utd. I was referring to Bangkoks list of players he quoted were super signings. He was talking about Evras move to Juve.

Ah right, I had just skipped to last post, I thought you meant he wasn't a good signing for United :eek:
    Good job I was polite about it and didn't write what I really thought when I read that :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah right, I had just skipped to last post, I thought you meant he wasn't a good signing for United :eek:
    Good job I was polite about it and didn't write what I really thought when I read that :pac:

Nah I loved Evra at Utd for the most part, best LB in the world for a while and a couple of seasons where him and Cole were neck and neck for the honour.

tvercetti wrote: »
    He had a shocker from what I saw tonight unless maybe one of them was Sandro and not Evra.

2-1 after 90 mins and the ball breaks at the edge of the area and he tries run it out and Vidal robbed him. Goal 5 seconds later.

Third goal, was a straight forward high ball to deal with and he headed it straight to Thiago, One Two and goal.

Last goal, plays a dodgy ball into the strikers feet and just charges forward and Munich rob it and Coman runs right through the space Evra left.

I've just seen those goals now and he hit the self-destruct for Juve.

I still think Evra is better than Rojo who struggles against teams like West Brom. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Korat wrote: »
    I've just seen those goals now and he hit the self-destruct for Juve.

I still think Evra is better than Rojo who struggles against teams like West Brom. :rolleyes:

Yeah it was so stupid to try and play the ball out of defence like that in injury time.

With regard to Rojo, I have no faith in him whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rojo should be playing CB imo. Blind is solid defensively and can put in a cross. Rojo is a no nonsense type player. I guess he may be too similar to Smalling for it to work but I'd still like to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Any news regarding Luke Shaw?

Was just thinking about his performances earlier on in the season and how his injury seemed to not only affect the game vs PSV but also the performances of the players around him - especially Memphis.

It would be incredible if he played again this season even if it be for a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Well lads quick question for anyone that travels over a good bit. Gonna be in Liverpool the May weekend flying in and out to Manchester from Shannon. Flight back is 20.45 on the Sunday. Playing Leicester at 4. Ye reckon I could make the flight if I head to the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Well lads quick question for anyone that travels over a good bit. Gonna be in Liverpool the May weekend flying in and out to Manchester from Shannon. Flight back is 20.45 on the Sunday. Playing Leicester at 4. Ye reckon I could make the flight if I head to the match?

Easily, you'd have 2 hours to get to the airport. Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

We have scored 3 goals against Liverpool last 2 times we played them at Old Trafford. Hopefully today will be one more time.

Imo we dont have a chance to qualify as Liverpool will surely score a goal. Scoring itself has been a big task for United scoring 3 is something out of our reach considering our goal scoring form.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blind and Herrera not in tonight's squad :(

(According to the 18 man squad list just released...)

mEN saying its United squad: De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Varela, Smalling, Williams, Borthwick-Jackson, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Memphis, Martial, Rashford

• Advertisement

City on Sunday is a much more important game. If tonight was against anyone else I'd be happy to rest all Sunday's starters but it's definitely not worth risking anyone with a knock or in need of a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Evra has been brilliant at Juventus and was a big part of them getting to champions league final last season and winning the league.

No he hasn't and no he wasn't. He has been a regular for them since he's gone there and he has been all right. Brilliant is a wild exaggeration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Pro. F wrote: »
    No he hasn't and no he wasn't. He has been a regular for them since he's gone there and he has been all right. Brilliant is a wild exaggeration.

And he was woeful for us in his last 2 seasons. I was delighted when we got rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

BMMachine wrote: »
    I didnt get to see much of the second half (or the match in general really) was he good or bad today? Pro F ?

Why on earth are you asking me when you know we completely disagree on how we judge players? Do you just want me to pay attention to your opinions on Fellaini?

Lord TSC wrote:
    Blind and Herrera not in tonight's squad

We can throw in the towel now if that's true
    Carrick and Fellaini will be out numbered in midfield again with no support from the front 4
    Ugh this is going to be a long day

brinty wrote: »
    We can throw in the towel now if that's true
    Carrick and Fellaini will be out numbered in midfield again with no support from the front 4
    Ugh this is going to be a long day

Blind isn't a huge loss. Hoping for Carrick and Schneiderlein.

• Advertisement

Pheonix10 wrote:

When lvg decides to go with Smalling and Carrick at cb with mo and Fellaini in front of that well be crying out Daley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Doubt we will see that? How many times has LVG played them as a partnership this season? I would argue we will miss Blind's passing and calmness.

Don't even care about tonight, be worried about them being out for the derby on Sunday.

Doubt we will see that? How many times has LVG played them as a partnership this season? I would argue we will miss Blind's passing and calmness.

Don't even care about tonight, be worried about them being out for the derby on Sunday.

Hoping for it but LVG will surely go for Fellaini and try a Nick half time with 0.0. And have a go for a goal in the last 10 mins.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    And he was woeful for us in his last 2 seasons. I was delighted when we got rid.

Woeful when we won the league? Lol

Woeful when we won the league? Lol

Yep. We had plenty of crap players when we won it. Think he is way overblown, him as captain was actually taking the piss.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement