Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is Blind in the "red zone"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Yep. We had plenty of crap players when we won it. Think he is way overblown, him as captain was actually taking the piss.

I know its paddy day, but are you drunk already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

bangkok wrote: »
    I know its paddy day, but are you drunk already?

Lol. There's a reason why we got rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is Blind in the "red zone"

He's in the danger zone.....

Lol. There's a reason why we got rid of him.

Because he wanted to leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Because he wanted to leave

And we were fine with that.

And we were fine with that.

He is still a better player than rojo or blind or darmian or Ashley Young at left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Blind isn't a huge loss. Hoping for Carrick and Schneiderlein.

Those 2 together would make me sick. Without Herrera I think match rhythm or not, Schweinsteiger has to play. While I'd like to see him and Fellaini with Mata in front, I think Carrick will start. Darmian at LB and Rojo and Smalling with Varela at Rb seems to be the best that can be mustered for the back 4 but I'd even doubt that will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

LvG is talking the talk but .................?

“We don’t want to concede a goal. We are thinking only of making goals,” he said.

“We have done that against Midtjylland in the last round. We don’t want to concede, but if we do, we can score four.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

He is still a better player than rojo or blind or darmian or Ashley Young at left back

Evra isn't a better player than Darmian at left-back, not a chance. And while I don't rate him particularly highly as a full-back, I'd still have Rojo over Evra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Pro. F wrote: »
    And while I don't rate him particularly highly as a full-back, I'd still have Rojo over Evra.

I'm sure anyone who's played against him this season would agree with you. :p

I was happy enough to replace Evra with Shaw and let him go to Juve but he's obviously still a decent player. Rojo has been poor defensively and that's in a team which is set up to defend, so his job should be a bit easier than when Evra was with Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Korat wrote: »
    I'm sure anyone who's played against him this season would agree with you. :p

I was happy enough to replace Evra with Shaw and let him go to Juve but he's obviously still a decent player. Rojo has been poor defensively and that's in a team which is set up to defend, so his job should be a bit easier than when Evra was with Utd.

Juve's level of defensive organisation is light years ahead of United's. LVG has been a disaster, that is obviously going to hinder the performance United players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Pro. F wrote: »
    Juve's level of defensive organisation is light years ahead of United's. LVG has been a disaster, that is obviously going to hinder the performance United players.

Yeah, I can give everyone bar Fellaini a pass on their performances until I see them under a different coach, hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Just watched the post-match analysis from last Thursday again, Rio roll calls a couple of players and asks are they better than what lined out at Anfield on the night:

Di Maria, Nani, Evra, Welbeck, Chicharito, Evans, Fletcher, Rafael, Kagawa.

Mental :eek:

Add to that the 300 million that has been spend on who ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Just watched the post-match analysis from last Thursday again, Rio roll calls a couple of players and asks are they better than what lined out at Anfield on the night:

Di Maria, Nani, Evra, Welbeck, Chicharito, Evans, Fletcher, Rafael, Kagawa.

Mental :eek:

Add to that the 300 million that has been spend on who ??

All of those players barring maybe Rafael wanted to leave. Not much point comparing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I reckon we will see 352 tonight like the second half of the first leg to get around Liverpool's press... smalling Carrick rojo in defence

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

I am on the beer already, out with 3 mates who support Liverpool for the match, it's gonna be a drunken night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

MUTV saying Herrera and Blind might not be in the squad tonight.

They wernt at the team hotel with rest of squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

All of those players barring maybe Rafael wanted to leave. Not much point comparing really.

Di Maria arguably wanted to leave because LVG was playing him out of positions and we were rubbish.

Hernandez wanted to leave because LVG wasn't playing him.

Kagawa wanted to leave because LVG wasn't playing him.

LVG wanted shot of Welbeck (incorrectly, imo).

Nani was never given a chance under LVG - you think he was desperate to leave for Turkey?

Evans and Fletcher arguably the right calls - but given the lack of depth we have suffered in defence particularly, Evans maybe should have been kept.

Valencia over Rafael will always baffle me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Time for coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

patrice evra 1.2m to juventus
    lewandowski free transfer to bayern
    ivan rakatic 12m to barca
    xavi alonso 8 to bayern
    paul pogba free transfer to juve

all super signings for 3 of the top level teams playing tonight

You do realise why lewa and pogba were free, yes? Also why Alonso was so cheap? I'm asking because you seem to exhibit zero understanding of obvious things and it's hard to decide if you're really that misguided or just being obtuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liverpool lineup,not confirmed though.

22 Mignolet
    2 Clyne
    6 Lovren
    17 Sakho
    7 Milner
    23 Emre Can
    14 Henderson
    20 Lallana
    11 Firmino
    10 Coutinho
    15 Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Is the game on any of the normal channels tonight guys? Or just the likes of BT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

zerks wrote: »
    Liverpool lineup,not confirmed though.

22 Mignolet
    2 Clyne
    6 Lovren
    17 Sakho
    7 Milner
    23 Emre Can
    14 Henderson
    20 Lallana
    11 Firmino
    10 Coutinho
    15 Sturridge
    Attacking team as I expected.

Klopp doesn't simply want to win, nor does he want to chance settling on a 2-0 nil lead like Van Gaal would absolutely do. He wants to win at OT. He wants his team to play with style. And he wants Liverpool to make a statement to the world tonight.

And that is why Klopp is the manager every Utd fan wishes they had in charge, and why they can't stand seeing him at Liverpool.

KH25 wrote: »
    Is the game on any of the normal channels tonight guys? Or just the likes of BT?

Setanta only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

CdxYbH2WoAQJc6z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

He starts Fellaini again ffs. I give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Pre-match coverage on Setanta Ireland now.

dubmick wrote: »
    He starts Fellaini again ffs. I give up.
    He's not the worst player in that team. Just one of several who is not good enough for this level. He gives 100% and is a strong presence, which I admire and respect more than some of the other passengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

No Herrera in the squad
    Absolute joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Canadel wrote: »

Klopp doesn't simply want to win, nor does he want to chance settling on a 2-0 nil lead like Van Gaal would absolutely do. He wants to win at OT. He wants his team to play with style. And he wants Liverpool to make a statement to the world tonight.

And that is why Klopp is the manager every Utd fan wishes they had in charge, and why they can't stand seeing him at Liverpool.
    Paranoid much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Fellaini to score 4 and then reveal a tshirt with the lyrics to Shake it Off written on it. Also he may or may not elbow Jordon Henderson in his stupid face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

brinty wrote: »
    No Herrera in the squad
    Absolute joke

He did the press conference yesterday too as far as I remember.

Did he injure himself in the meantime??
    :( wtf like

Carrick will be destroyed in that set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We'll lose 3-0.... No doubts!! That's a muck team!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeah think we're in for a beating here

Nothing we don't deserve, look at that team at the business end of a season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Absolute hogwash.

I like Klopp, good manager, likeable fella, but if I could pick any manager for us it would be Ancelloti, followed by Jose and Pep.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Paranoid much?
    Pathetic response.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Not even surprised by that lineup. I hope he at least shoves Fellaini up near the top so we can try use his height.

Yeah think we're in for a beating here

Nothing we don't deserve, look at that team at the business end of a season

Disappointed he isnt giving CBJ a crack at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Have a vision of a load of eggs with eyes and faces painted on them looking very smug.

Is LVG playing the slowest midfield ever on purpose? Carrick,Mata and Fellaini move with the speed of pensioners in quicksand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I love you. ***Hugs***

I don't mind klopp at pool, I think he likes that kind of job.

kstand wrote: »
    Have a vision of a load of eggs with eyes and faces painted on them looking very smug.
    I can envisage that but I have absolutely no idea what it means..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That midfield is far from inspiring .:( Who knows, an early goal for Utd could do it for Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

He's not the worst player in that team. Just one of several who is not good enough for this level. He gives 100% and is a strong presence, which I admire and respect more than some of the other passengers.

He doesn't though does he? The amount of times you see Fellaini walking/trotting around during a match is embarrassing, watch tonight if you don't believe me. His one supposedly good attribute, his heading, he's actually woeful at. With players like Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Herrera in reserve it's a cop out, plain and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ScummyMan wrote: »
    He doesn't though does he? The amount of times you see Fellaini walking/trotting around during a match is embarrassing, watch tonight if you don't believe me. His one supposedly good attribute, his heading, he's actually woeful at. With players like Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Herrera in reserve it's a cop out, plain and simple.

Strolling around and is somehow involved in a huge amount of tussles for the ball. It's almost like he is being smart in the positions he takes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

ScummyMan wrote: »

Why is this still a thing? Nobody has ever said Fellainis best attribute is his heading. Just because he is tall that doesnt mean automatically hes great at heading. By that logic he should be playing basketball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Maybe LVG thinks our slow sideways passing will hypnotise Liverpool and make them sleepy before we pounce with 3 goals

I thought Blind was in the danger zone or the red zone or something?

• Advertisement

Lingard could be the death of me this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement