Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Memphis Depay is a seriously poor player.

Although he has underwhelmed this season so have a lot of them. As for this one game he's actually been quite decent. Few scuffed shots but making nice runs and plays. It is only against Shrewsbury though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, that was a lovely friendly game :P not much to say about it.mwe beat them comfortably as we should have :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man lingaard is dreadful in front of goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Still at work so only seen bits and pieces.

1) I hope to see many a dab from Jesse. Honestly I couldn't give a crap how a player celebrates as long as he scores loads.
    2) Poor Will. Was finally going to get a run and that looked like a few weeks out at least.
    3) Shrewsbury are dung so we learnt nothing from this game.

Headshot wrote: »

22 apps including subs and 5 goals. Not bad for a lad in his first proper season tbh.

3 assists this season too.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=63531

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

625jzhe99

Memphis on the range earlier on today...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Good result, good performance but Shrewsbury paid us way too much respect. not complaining though.

pereira was very tidy when he came on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That will come with experience to be fair to him he gets his share of goals id be more concerned with how poor memphis is with shots.

• Headshot wrote: »

I have been one of his biggest critics but to his credit he has 3 goals now in his last five games

If he keeps scoring il be happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

BenK wrote: »
    625jzhe99

Memphis on the range earlier on today...

It's really not that funny tbh but I'll try again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Doesn't change a thing IMO, but nice to have an easy win for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

My heart goes out to W. Keane. Just so unlucky :(

Pretty apt snapshot of his career so far.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Cbj injured :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Cbj injured :(

Only the two injuries tonight though was it?

Kind of like a win?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Cbj injured :(

Prefer calling him BoJack .......
    Sounds cooler :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The most likely scenario tonight is that we win 3-0, Carrick sprays a few long passes around, Lingard scores a goal, one or two of the young players does a solid job and gets lauded as the next Borthwick-Jackson and afterwards in the search for positives everybody tries to ignore the fact that we are playing a crap league one side.

I wasn't far off.

Bit of a meaningless game really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

For anyone who cringes at Lingard's celebration:
    :P:P

• Only the two injuries tonight though was it?

Kind of like a win?

It's put a bit of a downer on the win for me personally

We had this level of injury crisis in 2014 (October - December I think) if I recall. Looks like we are getting it at the end of this season
    Hopefully it's nothing serious. May have been more precautionary change at half time

• I wasn't far off.

Lol meaningless to you

Lol meaningless to you

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

I wasn't far off.

How is going threw to next round of cup meaningless? It might mean nothing as to our form but it was an important cup game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We're back, baby.

We're back, baby.

Corner turned :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Chuffed with that. What a performance. Should give them the confidence to go on and win it. Might even get top 4 now on the crest of this wave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

For anyone who cringes at Lingard's celebration:
    :P:P

Jesus christ, what is that absolute trash? Do people listen to that ****e?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

LVG confirms to MUTV that CBJ went off with an injury and Lingard is also possibly injured.

Could see Riley and Pereira start on Thursday so

If only we could play pool and sh3ewbu3y evey week :cool:

4th place coming followed by a louis cont3act extention :D

If only we could play pool and sh3ewbu3y evey week :cool:

4th place coming followed by a louis cont3act extention :D

Shrewsbury and Liverpool in rotation. :p

jayo26 wrote: »
    How is going threw to next round of cup meaningless? It might mean nothing as to our form but it was an important cup game.

Meaningless as in we were never going to lose that, even at our worst we are miles ahead of a team like Shrewsbury, its a non-game like Chelsea playing a team of kids is a non-game. Meaningless as any sort of indicator of, well, anything really. Meaningless as part of any discussion worthy of the term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

A football just landed in my back garden, think it was depays shot from earlier

• Advertisement

Stellar win, new contract for LVG please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I think he should be getting the keys to the city after that performance really. Incredible stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Oh ye of little faith!

Routine win, Job done. Injuries are some joke At this stage, wonder if Jones, Adnan, Rojo and Fellaini are far off?

We will win and go through also on Thursday, I'd be worried about Sunday though, on the simple basis that we simply won't have enough fresh players unless we get those 4 players above back in.

Need to get James Wilson back off loan asap also now.

Aye Wilson coming back looks like the only smart move.

Rashford could make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

LVG almost ended his UTD career tonight.

https://vine.co/v/irtHLAOLW7l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

M!Ck^ wrote:
    We had this level of injury crisis in 2014 (October - December I think) if I recall.
    Remember one year under Fergie where we ended up playing Carrick and Fletcher at centre back because every defender was out injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I have been one of his biggest critics but to his credit he has 3 goals now in his last five games

If he keeps scoring il be happy

Tbh I think he is as bad as Memphis has been but he keeps popping up with goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We just need to win all of the rest of our home and away games, it's simple really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

We just need to win all of the rest of our home and away games, it's simple really

In theory it's easy, but in execution, not so, unless the squad buck up their collective ideas and sharpish..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Decent and comfortable game.

Not sure what to think of Lingard, some games he looks awful but his goal scoring record is decent. In 21 games he scored 5 goals and 3 assists. I remember him hitting post against City, Middlesbrough and Danish side in Europa.

He also missed some easy chances. Looks like his off the ball movement is very good to get into so many scoring positions.

I think he will be a fine squad player.

• So the doubts on the following for Thursday..

CBJ
    De Gea
    Lindgard

Then this :eek:

Rooney
    Basti
    Young
    Jones
    Rojo
    Shaw
    Darmian
    Fellaini
    Januzaj
    Valencia
    Shaw
    Keane

At least we are top of the league somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Van gaal out

Let's not forget

Phases of terrible football through the season and the odd decent performance against let's face it poor competition can't keep him in a job imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Van gaal out

Let's not forget

Phases of terrible football through the season and the odd decent performance against let's face it poor competition can't keep him in a job imo

No way. We won 3-0 last night, it's all rosy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wonder if United will look to recall James Wilson from loan today - LVG said he wasn't going to do so in the wake of Rooney's injury - but with Keane likely out for a while too (and Fellaini, who LVG described as our second most experienced forward) we really have no one to back up Martial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Agh lads c'mon
    Its all going to turn around now
    we're going stick loads past mitchellbrothers on Thursday and then beat Arsenal on Sunday and go on a run of wins....
    who am I kidding..
    I'd take a couple of scrappy 1-0 wins in both games and get a 3 wins in a row scenario going
    when have we last won 3 games in a row
    My gosh how hard is it to even have to think that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Decent last night but Cambridge are a League one side and a terrible one at that so a game we should be winning 3-0.

Next two games are going to be more difficult , team could be exausted by Sunday.

Surely he is going to call James Wilson back from loan this morning , it would be absolutely stupid not to do that we need him to play!!...then again this is LVG so more than likely he won't...he'll stick Smalling up front after his goal or worst....(Whispers) 'Depay'..

brinty wrote: »
    Agh lads c'mon
    Its all going to turn around now
    we're going stick loads past mitchellbrothers on Thursday and then beat Arsenal on Sunday and go on a run of wins....
    who am I kidding..
    I'd take a couple of scrappy 1-0 wins in both games and get a 3 wins in a row scenario going
    when have we last won 3 games in a row
    My gosh how hard is it to even have to think that...

"It is not easy as we have seen the Midgetlands are well organised so we shall see........"

Grrrhhhh I hate him talking about other teams ffs Lois they are a Danish side that was put together for a few bags of chops compaired to ours we should be bearing them and should going into battle with a cocky swagger and enjoy the game.

But we will prob go in and pass pass pass pass pass shoot pass pass pass pass pass concede pass pass pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Decent last night but Cambridge are a League one side and a terrible one at that so a game we should be winning 3-0.

Next two games are going to be more difficult , team could be exausted by Sunday.

Surely he is going to call James Wilson back from loan this morning , it would be absolutely stupid not to do that we need him to play!!...then again this is LVG so more than likely he won't...he'll stick Smalling up front after his goal or worst....(Whispers) 'Depay'..

tumblr_lo5iiyRkIT1qfjej5o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Decent last night but Cambridge are a League one side

Cambridge are in League Two, but I'm not sure what that has to do with United. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement