Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Blind on a one man firefighting mission at the back tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We're going out of the FA cup too

We are better off just forfeiting the end of the season, it has been over for months

At this stage its just one step closer to getting shut of VanGowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Keeps the only attacking player on the bench when u need 3 goals.

Mind boggling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

At this stage its just one step closer to getting shut of VanGowl.

Its not really it will be the same as moyes they wont get rid untill its mathamatically impossible to get fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Fell is such a limited player.

I know he's gets unjust abuse but he is so ****ing limited as a player.

Just so one dimensional

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I ****ing hate Fellaini. Useless at everything.

Said he played well a few games ago but god he is beyond awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

LVG is a coward. Saud it before and I stand by it. Not even pretending to go for the goals after half time. Two full backs and a holding midfielder. Hold on to the 3-1 aggregate loss. An utter coward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Game looks dead now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

This is what happens when you sell half your squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

FIFA tackle by Basti there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

LVG is a coward. Saud it before and I stand by it. Not even pretending to go for the goals after half time. Two full backs and a holding midfielder. Hold on to the 3-1 aggregate loss. An utter coward.

Agree. Been a tough watch recently and I'd say he knows his time is up.

Can't wait to get this season over with and hopefully start afresh.

great tackle from our most experienced player on the pitch.

positive times ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

3 games in a week, match rhythm my ass. His bolloxolgy just becomes more exposed over time.

We could have done with 2 or 3 players rested for Sunday, probably our biggest game of the season in terms of top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

great tackle from our most experienced player on the pitch.

positive times ahead

It actually wasn't a bad tackle. Firminio was clean in if lala lays it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

That's the sort of tackle that should have been made in the first 10 minutes to show intent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

3 games in a week, match rhythm my ass. His bolloxolgy just becomes more exposed over time.

We could have done with 2 or 3 players rested for Sunday, probably our biggest game of the season in terms of top 4.

Top 4 is a pipe dream. Season was over a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I really can't listen too Michael Owen any more and the tripe he spouts!!

Can't give a team like Liverpool a head start?? Who does he think they are Barcelona?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Valencia has had a good half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MrMac84 wrote: »

Can't give a team like Liverpool a head start?? Who does he think they are Barcelona?

I kinda like him, in a really cringey, Dad dancing kind of way.

:o

Look at Giggs, what a fcuking turnip.

:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah Giggs, hears the band tuning up so heads to the lifeboats early...

• Advertisement

**** me

We are so s**t

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Giggs with his pr stunt on the line again. Pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ferguson would obliterate the team losing and letting a lead slip like these two matches have ended up.

LVG will give some snarky excuse and be allowed to continue on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

MrMac84 wrote: »

He's a horrible commentator

I watched it on setanta John Hartson was much better

Made the game a bit more bearable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Whoever takes over, I'd like to see giggs gone, just try his hand at another club

People will give out about Fel, as usual, but I refuse to criticise him more than the multiple players who utterly disappeared in the game. Mata offered nothing, Lingard was practically invisible, as was Carrick. There's too many players who just don't bother putting up a visible fight with any passion :/ Rashford and Martial looked like they cared, Fel to a lesser extent, and then just so little passion from anyone else.

But it all boils down to LVG; he has our attacking force utterly impotent when the other team mark Martial, and is overly reliant on kids like Rashford who shouldn't be having as much pressure put on them as there is. The subs were dreadful and cowardly when we're chasing a game. Liverpool, meanwhile, bring on two strikers when winning 3-1 on agg.

We should have been beating that Pool team over two legs.

I'm just tired at this stage. I just want it to be over....

Giggs with his pr stunt on the line again. Pathetic

Its not a stunt.

Its just fans like yourself reading too much into petty situations and making a big deal out of nothing.

Im so down hearted by many players not being good enough for utd first team and the manager isnt capable of managing this team

Its not a stunt.

Its just fans like yourself reading too much into petty situations and making a big deal out of nothing.

Its the 88th minute. Why do you think he's on the touchline and waiting till so late in the game? Why not get up earlier to try and motivate them? At 88 minutes, the game was long over. At that stage, he's not looking to motivate anyone; he's trying to seperate himself from LVG by doing something the fans have been heavily criticial of LVG not doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Its not a stunt.

I agree with this i know the team is doing crap and blah blah but the fact giggs is on the touchline against Liverpool is not a pr stunt maybe he is genuinely wound up as much as the fans id be surprised if he wasn't he is at the club most of his life he deserves the benefit of the doubt. They are a lot more problems at the club then giggs.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Our next 6 games:

Liverpool (A) - Europa League
    West Ham (H) - FA Cup
    Liverpool (H) - Europa League
    Man City (A) - Premier League
    Everton (H) - Premier League
    Spurs (A) - Premier League
    Headshot wrote: »
    oh wow.

We could be in deep ****

lol rightly ****ed

I was expecting it so why am I so pissed off?

I'm sick to the teeth of watching it. Sick of having him in charge. Sick of his philosophy, team selections, subs, tactics, players looking half arsed.

Season was over a while ago. No hope of the FA cup, no hope of fourth. Failing to qualify out of one of the easiest CL groups in the history of the competition.

I cannot wait for Van Gaal to be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

There is such a lack of quality in this team. Van Gaal's management hasn't helped but that starting XI screamed "David De Gea and 10 squad players". Even the supposed bright lights, Martial and Smalling, have been fairly hit and miss as the season has gone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

I'm not reading into it too much at all. He did the similar crap against Norwich in December with 5 minutes to go when LVG was all but ready for the chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I thought mata was atrocious tonight

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its the 88th minute. Why do you think he's on the touchline and waiting till so late in the game? Why not get up earlier to try and motivate them? At 88 minutes, the game was long over. At that stage, he's not looking to motivate anyone; he's trying to seperate himself from LVG by doing something the fans have been heavily criticial of LVG not doing.

Lol talk about over analysing the situation.
    I don't see the big deal with giggs out on the touch line with lvg sitting down. The other coach (Klopp lookalike) is regularly on the touchline. Does that mean he is trying to separate himself from Lvg. No
    Himself and giggs have been given instructions and they are trying their best to carry it out.

I thought mata was atrocious tonight

He was but what the **** was he doing playing on the right and Lingard at no 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Its funny the hate that Fellaini gets from us all especially from you know who and then you have the likes of mata put in a shift like that tonight. Fellaini looked like he was trying at least and had some decent touches albeit with his elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Bad when your turning a european game against Liverpool off at half time, A loss can be accepted but my god this is turning into a joke, Show a bit of balls LVG and most of this squad fcking joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Chagan wrote: »
    There is such a lack of quality in this team. Van Gaal's management hasn't helped but that starting XI screamed "David De Gea and 10 squad players". Even the supposed bright lights, Martial and Smalling, have been fairly hit and miss as the season has gone on.

Is it the lack of quality or just the lvg effect? Schneiderlin, memphis,mata and fellaini were outstanding players when united bought them and now look at the tripe they play every week. The only player that seems to be unaffected is de gea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If I was Woodward I'd sit De Gea down and tell him there is no way in hell the club are letting him leave for 30 million in the summer contract clause or not. He's the reason we aren't below Chelsea in the table right now

Do what Liverpool did to Arsenal with Suarez, I'm sick of the club bending over for Madrid. It's about time we show some clout

He can sign a new contract now revising the clause to 50 or 60 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lvg is a god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Losing to Liverpool in the Europa League. New low. Get him the f*ck out of our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

adox wrote: »
    He was but what the **** was he doing playing on the right and Lingard at no 10?

Man, ive given up trying to work out Van gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gotta feel for Rashford, so much responsibility put on him like this can't be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

ricero wrote: »
    Lvg is a god

4 wins a draw and a loss V Liverpool.
    You must like a masochistic relationship with your deities?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Nothing insightful to be added anymore. The one thing I would say is thst although some of the players definitely haven't been good enough, we really need to see them perform under a different managers style. This squad are no where near as bad as they look under this inept system/philosophy/style whatever.

Roll on the end of the season so he can be sacked because Manchester United are an embarrassment under LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They deserved it over the 2 legs.

We were utter ****, again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

4 wins a draw and a loss V Liverpool.
    You must like a masochistic relationship with your deities?

Why give him the attention he desperately wants?

Absolutely gutted.

The thought of no CL football next year is sickening. I ****ing hate waiting a full week for our next game.
    Anything but a win vs City and our season is well and truly over.

Couldn't give a **** about the FA cup. It's a nothing cup imo just like the capital one cup

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement