Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Utd fans should be livid they are left with an 18 year old up front. Why not let martial lead the line. He looks cool in front of goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Gotta feel for Rashford, so much responsibility put on him like this can't be good.

It was a near impossible task.

Completely reckless from LVG, left the kid completely exposed to criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

niallo27 wrote: »
    Utd fans should be livid they are left with an 18 year old up front. Why not let martial lead the line. He looks cool in front of goal.
    Van Gaal worried more about his own legacy than the success of the club. As the panel said, he did damage limitation tonight. And regards Martial, he wants to be remembered for turning him into an attacking wing forward ala Muller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

niallo27 wrote: »

We should but it just feels like what's the point, nothing will be done until top 4 is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Scholes backing his friend Giggs for the job.

what a surprise

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »

what a surprise

A few "legends" looking for jobs for the boys.

My only hope is that the so obvious campaign is the result of them thinking it's not going to happen; that they are working so hard to convince the fans because they worry the fans are on board the Jose train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

what a surprise

Backing him is a bit of a stretch? He was asked should Giggs be given the job and his reply was something like "yeah why not?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I was definitely in the camp who didn't want mourinho in as the next manager but in reality he is the man we really need.

We are just in utter destruction really and relying on two teenagers to win us every game which is pretty pathetic and desperate.

Mourinho in please immediately if not sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can't wait for the comments on Twitter from players now about how they hope get back to winning ways on City.:rolleyes:

Been a fabulous season this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Can't wait for the comments on Twitter from players now about how they hope get back to winning ways on City.:rolleyes:

Or the usual fight till the end stuff.

I didnt see any fight after the 40 min tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

9 wins out of the last 26,I'm sure we can take them seriously at this stage:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

It's a process lads.

adox wrote: »
    Backing him is a bit of a stretch? He was asked should Giggs be given the job and his reply was something like "yeah why not?"

na I wouldnt say it was a stretch, he has said similar in the past and he also mentions about talking to fans and the lack of experience from Giggs and gives a crap excuse about the 2 previous managers had experience and where they got us.

Job for the boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

This is another problem within the club with the class of 92, great servants great players but it's a new era now cut ties with them and move on, As if they feel the club owes them or something, Too much power within the club from people who should be in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Giggs needs to follow LVG out the door asap.

Scrap the cap!

Giggs needs to follow LVG out the door asap.

And a host of other players

mewe wrote: »
    It's a process lads.

A process of terminal decline. I can barely remember the Dave Sexton days but I don't think United have been worse since, until this season

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We need Mourinho to gut the club, ruthlessness is what we need

And a host of other players

I wouldn't worry about an immediate player clearout so much, but Giggs is toxic on the coaching staff.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I didn't expect us to go through and so find myself to not even care,that we have not.

Needing three goals the genius himself decides too make,like for like subs,two defenders and a holding player,what a man.

Anything other then a win on Sunday and our top four chances are well and truly gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Very disappointing :( at least I have a few cold ones to console me.

We need Mourinho to gut the club, ruthlessness is what we need

See that's what happened with Van Gaal, an absolute butchers job to the squad and he made a bollix of it. A total over reaction by him I thought.

It's such a shame that our impotent board could have got the likes of Mourhino in after Christmas or at least before the end of this season so he could work with the players that are at the club, have a good look at them and at least make a more informed decision about who stays.

If he comes in the summer I don't think we can afford to let many players go anyway. The squad is so small it needs additional numbers first.

It's been a litany of errors from the top down.

Another display of wrong decisions in front of goal,shot accuracy of 23% compared to Liverpools 58%. For all our endeavour we never looked like actually sticking the ball in the net from open play.As soon as a Liverpool player got an inch of space near our goal they tried a shot where we looked to go wide,story of the last 2 seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I ain't even mad. There's no feelings involved anymore. Roll on next season :)

A nothing interview from Van Gaal. Terrible interviewer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Van Gaal with some very teary eyes in that interview.

Dark times at United

I ain't even mad. There's no feelings involved anymore. Roll on next season :)

Some people will hate that fact;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wild shooting alright, no composure on display, Martial and Fellaini stand out, 2 chances for Martial and 1 for Fellaini that were just awful attempts that went wide or over. Other then that they just play too much, too many passes instead of incisiveness.

One more competition scratched off the list anyway, not long to go now.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

See that's what happened with Van Gaal, an absolute butchers job to the squad and he made a bollix of it. A total over reaction by him I thought.

It's such a shame that our impotent board could have got the likes of Mourhino in after Christmas or at least before the end of this season so he could work with the players that are at the club, have a good look at them and at least make a more informed decision about who stays.

If he comes in the summer I don't think we can afford to let many players go anyway. The squad is so small it needs additional numbers first.

It's been a litany of errors from the top down.

We don't need to get rid of players straight away unless the right bid comes in (any bid for some), we do need to add.

Mourinho bought in Fabregas, Costa, Willian and Matic before he won the league st Chelsea

Van Gaal with some very teary eyes in that interview.

He must know the jig is up now.

If he resigned right now, I'd retain some respect for him, but if he milks his contract out to the last until he's sacked, then it's clear he's only acting in his own interests at this stage.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

zerks wrote: »
    Some people will hate that fact;)

Meh, I'm laughing at that match thread. Red cards, site bans, the lot.
    After all the talk of how bad we are earlier it's hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wonder what new sponsor we'll get before the derby

xtal191 wrote: »

Diazepam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

xtal191 wrote: »

Tampax.

Utd are going through a bad period at the moment.

He must know the jig is up now.

If he resigned right now, I'd retain some respect for him, but if he milks his contract out to the last until he's sacked, then it's clear he's only acting in his own interests at this stage.

If reports are to be believed he has offered his resignation at least once this season, and been talked out of it. Maybe the club have some reason to ask him to continue in the job, it simply can't be down to penny pinching as it would be negligible cost wise to the club to sack him now, he only has just over a year left on his deal.

They may want to keep him in place due to some good work (also reported) he is doing behind the scenes at the club until the end of the season when a manager comes in who has already been signed up to an agreement.

From his point of view, this is his last big job in football, I can understand why he would not want to walk away but at this stage I think he must know it simply isn't going to work, the writing has been on the wall a while. I have no doubt he would have certainly discussed stepping down if not offered his resignation at this point but it must be killing him to do so and also have to acknowledge that he just can't get it to work.

In a less pressurized situation maybe, but not with the demands at the club. He is not living up to the minimum requirements so there is no case to be made for him anymore.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

ebbsy wrote: »
    Tampax.

Utd are going through a bad period at the moment.

Na they were signed up under Moyes.

Meh, I'm laughing at that match thread. Red cards, site bans, the lot.
    After all the talk of how bad we are earlier it's hilarious.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Great to see giggs out directing traffic in injury time. What a number 2. Nothing but a yes man to van Gaal. Has he not the balls to stand up to him, he's united through and through and yet hes sitting on the bench every week overseeing that dross. Genuine question for united fans...has he any input? He seems to be just going along for the ride.

Edit: this was meant to be in the match thread but the question still stands. Curious to see what united fans think about giggs and his role under LVG.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Great to see giggs out directing traffic in injury time. What a number 2. Nothing but a yes man to van Gaal. Has he not the balls to stand up to him, he's united through and through and yet hes sitting on the bench every week overseeing that dross. Genuine question for united fans...has he any input? He seems to be just going along for the ride.

I honestly think he just wants the job by default,if he hangs around long enough he will get it seems to be his plan.

• Advertisement

Edit: this was meant to be in the match thread but the question still stands. Curious to see what united fans think about giggs and his role under LVG.

Ryan Giggs is Ryan Giggs through and through, United would be a close second maybe, but nothing compares to himself I think.

He literally seems to be just waiting it out, same as with Moyes to try get the job, rather then go off and ply his trade elsewhere. As it is we have no real idea what his input is, or his actual role entails.

What we do know is that he has been the one constant in two consecutive management teams that have failed in their job.

Getting off the bench tonight in the 88th minute after sitting on his hole the entire game was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard, and that is assuming standing on the touchline waving arms and yelling is any use as it is.

Kettle calling the pot black by Liverpool fans tonight,

CdxXC3XW8AUYftC.jpg:large

Liverpool banner was hung amongst United fans and here is the result.

https://twitter.com/Br00my86/status/710593062465093633

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Fcking idiots it's a game of football ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nobody could possibly know and the United fans criticising him are talking out their hoop.

What? How are the two related? That's a photo in a pub or somewhere and if you read the tweets relating to the fight in the video it says 8 Liverpool fans unraveled a small Liverpool flag with 5 stars on it or something similar.

If reports are to be believed he has offered his resignation at least once this season, and been talked out of it.

I thought the hysteria around Xmas time was just a bit overdone and media-driven, but it must be clear to everyone now that even with some good youth squad additions, the team under VG can aspire to nothing more than mid-table standard football. We led the league this season ffs, we're going backwards, and it's arguably the weakest league in years.
    Maybe the club have some reason to ask him to continue in the job, it simply can't be down to penny pinching as it would be negligible cost wise to the club to sack him now, he only has just over a year left on his deal.

Not to be seen as a 'sacking club' ? In other words not to sack a manager in mid-season - I can understand the reluctance to sack at Xmas - but our season is effectively over.
    They may want to keep him in place due to some good work (also reported) he is doing behind the scenes at the club

:pac:
    until the end of the season when a manager comes in who has already been signed up to an agreement.

Wishful thinking. I still think that the two Sirs will blackball Jose, and I'm not entirely sure that they're wrong...
    From his point of view, this is his last big job in football, I can understand why he would not want to walk away but at this stage I think he must know it simply isn't going to work, the writing has been on the wall a while. I have no doubt he would have certainly discussed stepping down if not offered his resignation at this point but it must be killing him to do so and also have to acknowledge that he just can't get it to work.

Yes but this is like a supertanker heading for the rocks, there is no possibility of turning it around in time, there is no dignity in staying to the last and going down with the ship as it were. I acknowledge VG's achievements in the game and I very much welcomed his appointment at MUFC, was reluctant to criticise him for most of his reign but things have gone beyond any hope of redemption now, we know it, the fans in general know it, the players know it, the board must know it too.
    In a less pressurized situation maybe, but not with the demands at the club. He is not living up to the minimum requirements so there is no case to be made for him anymore.

Agreed which is why I want him to leave with dignity - tomorrow morning would be good provided he takes that coaching chump Giggsy with him. (Who would want to risk being the failed assistant of three managers?)

Scrap the cap!

What? How are the two related? That's a photo in a pub or somewhere and if you read the tweets relating to the fight in the video it says 8 Liverpool fans unraveled a small Liverpool flag with 5 stars on it or something similar.

I didn't say that flag was hung at OT....The "murderers" one wasn't either.Still 2 wrongs doesn't make a right.Morons being moronic over football-who would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good rumour

I didn't say that flag was hung at OT....The "murderers" one wasn't either.Still 2 wrongs doesn't make a right.Morons being moronic over football-who would have thought.

Well my reading of your post is that you most certainly implied that the banner in the picture was hung at Old Trafford tonight which isn't true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Success for this current crop of United players is playing for United. They have made it on a personal level, but to bring trophies , not sure they look bothered either way.
    Marital and DeGea , you have two top players.
    United have themselves to blame, buying '' potential' like they were short of funds to go out proven quality.
    I can't imagine any of those players will lose sleep tonight over losing so badly to Liverpool over two legs. They will wake up all refreshed without a care in the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement