Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

bangkok wrote:
    one stage in the 2nd half, he got the ball edge of the box, could have turned and shot, but instead he ran away from the goal and passed it out wide. also he should have been sent off for elbow on lovern

I had no problem with Fellaini giving lovern the elbow last night. There was a ball going over their heads and fellaini wanted to chase it but lovern had his two arms wrapped around his waist.

Fellaini got nothing out of the ref last night. He was barged into the back on a few occasions and nothing given. In that case he was dead right to dole out a bit. Too many wallflowers in the team as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rashford was impressive against Liverpool. He has excellent pace, good dribbling ability and physically strong for a 18 year old kid.

Few times Rashford and Martial were playing close to each other and tried to link up. Hopefully we will see more of it in the coming years. He can be very good player for us.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

I had no problem with Fellaini giving lovern the elbow last night. There was a ball going over their heads and fellaini wanted to chase it but lovern had his two arms wrapped around his waist.

Fellaini got nothing out of the ref last night. He was barged into the back on a few occasions and nothing given. In that case he was dead right to dole out a bit. Too many wallflowers in the team as it is.

Loved it. Too many soft cnuts in the team. Mata tried a slide tackle and still didn't win the ball. Basti gave Lallana a right doing from behind, was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So you are misdirecting your ire towards Woody. It is sorely at the hands of LVG. HE has been given the time, the money, the backing and has achieved nothing. Not a single positive that I can think of.

Thank god we have Woody in place to continue to drive the finances forward as if Woody was doing his job at the level LVG was doing his then we would be pretty much bankrupt at this stage and no chance in hell of getting the likes of Jose or the type of players we need.

You've got it arseways the chief exec is responsible for overseeing the football team first then generating revenue around that. He appoints the manager and signs the players. The managers he's appointed have been abject failures and he's had the unprecedented opportunity to sign four of the best coaches in the world in the last 9 months but failed to or just didn't try.

That's not even getting into the humiliation he has brought on the club with his bumblings in the transfer market for players.

He's great at selling advertising, woop-dee-doo, that's no use when the team is crap and sponsors lose interest. Out of the CL for a couple of seasons our commercial revenues will fall off a cliff. The club needs a chief exec with an eye for talent and a track record of buying high value assets not selling advertising.

Make Woodward Commercial Sales director and set him up in an office in Hong Kong but get him away from the football side of MUFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Basti gave Lallana a right doing from behind, was great.

Oooh Matron!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I can't see Utd ever getting back to the big time. It's over.

This season, Leceister City with a fraction of Man Utd's budget are on the brink of the title. Spurs, albeit with a higher fraction, aren't far off either.

United are only a good appointment away from challenging, and eventually winning the league again. They've the resources to ensure that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

there is a massive difference between playing hard and playing dirty. What fellaini done last night and in the first leg was very poor.

its not hard man either, roy keane was a hard man, or john terry, play the ball and the man hard, fellaini hitting a lad an elbow in the face is cowardly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

FutureGuy wrote:
    You get the feeling that this summer will be the most important one in many many years.

Just like the last three were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Rashford was impressive against Liverpool. He has excellent pace, good dribbling ability and physically strong for a 18 year old kid.

Few times Rashford and Martial were playing close to each other and tried to link up. Hopefully we will see more of it in the coming years. He can be very good player for us.

I was hoping he wouldn't be another Macheda and it looks like he won't be. He has enough tools to be a good player. Pace, dribbling and if he's played up front, not out on the wing or as a wing back, then he's shown he gets into very good positions and finishes well.

We have nothing really to play for in the league at this stage other than one last swing of the bat against City so I'd love to see Rashford and Martial up front beside each other for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Loved it. Too many soft cnuts in the team. Mata tried a slide tackle and still didn't win the ball. Basti gave Lallana a right doing from behind, was great.

First 10mins maybe, but why was that so great in the last 10mins? The team were completely toothless from the Basti tackle (80th min) to the final whistle, didn't look like wanting to score, so what was the point?

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    there is a massive difference between playing hard and playing dirty. What fellaini done last night and in the first leg was very poor.

its not hard man either, roy keane was a hard man, or john terry, play the ball and the man hard, fellaini hitting a lad an elbow in the face is cowardly

Players like Phil Neville, Darren Fletcher and Paul Scholes wouldn't be considered hard men but they could put in some tough tackles that would unsettle opponents, that's the kind of thing Utd need not some idiot elbowing people in the head and risking getting sent off and banned for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What's your take on Keane stamping on Southgate, his tackle on Haaland or aiming a smack at Shearer..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Korat wrote: »
    Players like Phil Neville, Darren Fletcher and Paul Scholes wouldn't be considered hard men but they could put in some tough tackles that would unsettle opponents, that's the kind of thing Utd need not some idiot elbowing people in the head and risking getting sent off and banned for weeks.

Phil Neville was a right pest to play against id say especially when SAF used throw him in CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You get the feeling that this summer will be the most important one in many many years.

Seem to be saying that with alarming regularity lately :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

****ing **** of a race

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

astradave wrote: »
    What's your take on Keane stamping on Southgate, his tackle on Haaland or aiming a smack at Shearer..

scumbag thing to do, but he was world class so you don't mind as much. If fellaini was world class I couldn't care who he was elbowing if he was banging in goals or creating them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

scumbag thing to do, but he was world class so you don't mind as much. If fellaini was world class I couldn't care who he was elbowing if he was banging in goals or creating them

So its faux outrage.

Gotcha.

adox wrote: »
    So its faux outrage.

Gotcha.

keane was cold and calculated, Halland we all know the history, Southgate went in 2 footed on keane before the stamp, fellaini is just whacking people with the elbow whenever they are close.

keane was cold and calculated, Halland we all know the history, Southgate went in 2 footed on keane before the stamp, fellaini is just whacking people with the elbow whenever they are close.

Edit: Actually, it's not worth it NVM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just like the last three were.

True but this time its the last throw of the dice, we fail again and that's us done for a good while near the top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

adox wrote: »
    So its faux outrage.

Gotcha.

tumblr_o0rqwkOuAK1qj9bf7o1_500.gif

I think we should accept the fact that Bangkok doesn't like Fellaini and stop trying to change his mind. Fellaini could cure world hunger and Bangkok would complain that the reason there's too many alive people on planet earth is because of Fellaini. "HE DEPLETED EARTH'S NATURAL RESOURCES LADS!"

In other news, I wish I could get excited for games again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've no real problems with Fellaini elbows. Hes a bastard...but he's our bastard.

He gets **** all from referees so not surprised if he loses the rag.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

there is no debate about Fellaini - he should be nowhere near Manchester United. How its even up for debate is hilarious. He was fine last night comparatively but brass tax is - this is probably the poorest united team since the 80s and hes a mediocre to poor player in that. get rid, let him be a dirty and violent player for a different team. Again with the elbows last night - no defence for that, nothing "fine" with it as one poster put it, a bit of objectivity wouldnt go astray. but hey, little victories or am I still wrong about that?

This summer is going to be massive for United. Giggs to me isnt the answer, hes been part of the dross too. Mourinho seems made for this tbh, get rid of those he doesn't want and be ruthless about who plays and how. They can't do another summer of spending £30m on unproven and random players, there needs to be a clear and concise plan and few are better than Mourinho for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

BMMachine wrote: »
    there is no debate about Fellaini - he should be nowhere near Manchester United. How its even up for debate is hilarious. He was fine last night comparatively but brass tax is - this is probably the poorest united team since the 80s and hes a mediocre to poor player in that. get rid, let him be a dirty and violent player for a different team. Again with the elbows last night - no defence for that, nothing "fine" with it as one poster put it, a bit of objectivity wouldnt go astray. but hey, little victories or am I still wrong about that?

This summer is going to be massive for United. Giggs to me isnt the answer, hes been part of the dross too. Mourinho seems made for this tbh, get rid of those he doesn't want and be ruthless about who plays and how. They can't do another summer of spending £30m on unproven and random players, there needs to be a clear and concise plan and few are better than Mourinho for that.

Sure what's the point in anybody refuting any point you make when you will just use your "little victories" catchphrase as a get out of jail free card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

How is lvg still in a job :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

there is no debate about Fellaini - he should be nowhere near Manchester United. How its even up for debate is hilarious.
    Of course it is up for debate, he is perfectly fine as a squad option, no wore than many such players we have had over the years. If we had a good manager and a quality first eleven then Felliani's presence in the squad would not be a problem in the slightest.

Mourinho seems made for this tbh, get rid of those he doesn't want and be ruthless about who plays and how.
    Just on Mourinho, what I find hilarious is the people who don't want Jose because he might not keep the likes of Varela, Rashford and Lingard. I do wonder where these peoples priorities lie, its like they are more concerned about the players future than the clubs.

I am absolutely baffled how that man has not been sacked, the situation has gone far, far beyond the point where any other club would have ****ed him out the door.

Its surreal how he is still there.

I'd buy the tea lady's autobiography to find out what the hell went on over the last 6 months.

Might never know as I doubt anyone comes out of it looking competent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Red Issue reporting that Jose was told he is the next manager after the Pool match, but nothing signed yet.

• Advertisement

I think it's fairly obvious that he's there until either the end of the season regardless.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Sure what's the point in anybody refuting any point you make when you will just use your "little victories" catchphrase as a get out of jail free card?

get out of jail free? its entirely accurate and the individuals who reinforce that point will continue to do so. You should really have gotten used to it by now tbh, unless you are paranoid that you are one of course ;)

Of course it is up for debate, he is perfectly fine as a squad option, no wore than many such players we have had over the years. If we had a good manager and a quality first eleven then Felliani's presence in the squad would not be a problem in the slightest.

I dont think so at all, I dont think hes even at the level for the bench for united - considering the level you were and want to be at. Im not sure what his value would be now (10 - 12m?) but if you want rid of the dross and the negativity, it starts with him imo

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Red Issue reporting that Jose was told he is the next manager after the Pool match, but nothing signed yet.

Obviously bollix because Jose said he's starting with his new club in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

there is no debate about Fellaini

Codswallop!

Obviously bollix from red issue as jose said he's starting with his new club on July 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Here's hoping

Obviously bollix from red issue as jose said he's starting with his new club on July 1st.

For the record, he did not specifically an exact date, nor that he had any deal agreed. He said that the preseason starts in July and he believes he will be with a club by then. BT sports tweets really went more specific than he did himself in the interview...

get out of jail free? its entirely accurate and the individuals who reinforce that point will continue to do so. You should really have gotten used to it by now tbh, unless you are paranoid that you are one of course ;)

What's entirely accurate? Do you know all the posters here personally?
    You are tarring everyone with the "support United because of success" brush without even knowing their age or when they started supporting the club.
    Anyone that answers back to you gets the "little victories" retort. The irony...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Oh you tease.....

At least more and more are getting behind it now compared to just the foreign media up until recently

• Advertisement

Di Marzio has been adament Jose is going to be the new boss.

Di Marzio has been adament Jose is going to be the new boss.

Yeah he has been for a couple of months now.. he has put his reputation on the line with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Because he's got nudes of Ed Woodward and is blackmailing him or something, other then that I honest cannot think of any other reason why he's still in a job when even Moyes probably has a better record then him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Maybe, just maybe Jose can't or won't start till the end of the season & they don't want to appoint or disappoint Giggs

Discodog wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe Jose can't or won't start till the end of the season & they don't want to appoint or disappoint Giggs

Been reports before that Giggs didn't want it on an interm basis; it was an all-or-nothing deal for him. My guess/hope is if they were going to give it to him, he'd have been given it weeks ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I dont think so at all, I dont think hes even at the level for the bench for united - considering the level you were and want to be at. Im not sure what his value would be now (10 - 12m?) but if you want rid of the dross and the negativity, it starts with him imo

Look at last nights match thread, no United fans carded I believe.

Same cannot be said for LFC fans.

Look at the prison forum.

LFC fan site banned for posts about the match.

Look at the dispute resolution forum.

LFC fan forum banned for posts about the match.

And this is after ye won!

You come in here, same as last week with you're holier than thou attitude, trying to get a reaction but people are wise to you.

You are a fraud and a massive hypocrite.

You have been completely found out and it is so delicious I couldn't possibly have another bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

With the season Jose had at Chelsea I'd say the last thing he wanted to do was jump straight back into a team who is also struggling. He's probably working on things behind scenes such who he'd keep and like to buy, that's even if he is gonna be the manager.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Van Gaal is a major problem on his own but I think its bigger than that.

The people running the club were hopeless when SAF retired and have not done much since to inspire confidence. United need more than a new coach to stop this all happening again.

Without key additions the current squad is unsuited to the league it plays in. A lack of strikers, wingers, only one strong CB kill off the sides chances over a whole season. Its bizarre that the club could spend so much money and end up with a squad like that.

I think SAF proved a dictator type can be a great success but since he left the control provided to someone like van Gaal was a disaster. Even if they get Jose in its important he has good people to work with, making smart football decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Look at last nights match thread, no United fans carded I believe.

Same cannot be said for LFC fans.

Look at the prison forum.

LFC fan site banned for posts about the match.

Look at the dispute resolution forum.

LFC fan forum banned for posts about the match.

And this is after ye won!

You come in here, same as last week with you're holier than thou attitude, trying to get a reaction but people are wise to you.

You are a fraud and a massive hypocrite.

You have been completely found out and it is so delicious I couldn't possibly have another bite.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Then find a leprous dog and pick the biggest flea from its anus to be the interim manager, because no matter who or what is appointed, purely on principle the utter failure that is Louis Van Gaal should be turfed out of Manchester United.

Every game he continues as manager reinforces the perception that we are prepared to settle for mediocrity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement