Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So the doubts on the following for Thursday..

CBJ
    De Gea
    Lindgard

Then this :eek:

Rooney
    Basti
    Young
    Jones
    Rojo
    Shaw
    Darmian
    Fellaini
    Januzaj
    Valencia
    Shaw
    Keane

At least we are top of the league somewhere

Can make a decent team out of that. crazy that this amount of injuries happened again like last season.

has to be something in the training methods that is not helping the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

sky88 wrote: »
    Can make a decent team out of that. crazy that this amount of injuries happened again like last season.

The last 4/5 seasons actually, right back into Fergies time. So many different players and different coaches, its hard to understand why we have season after season with so many injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Cambridge are in League Two, but I'm not sure what that has to do with United. :pac:

Must be still stuck in 2015 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any word on a recall for Wilson?

has to be done at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nothing official (or rumoured that I have seen).

He did state prior to the Euro game on Thursday last week that he wouldn't be recalling Wilson (after Rooney's injury was confirmed) but we have managed to lose another striker since then... so really we have to. Its got to be him or Rashford.

Don't know if Wilson could be added to the euro squad though - not sure on age/B list eligibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm surprised nobody has mistaken Shrewsbury for York City last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Feel very sorry for Keane. Gets a chance, looks ready to grab it with both hands, and then minutes later is a whisker away from scoring and injures himself in the process. The football Gods are harsh indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

adox wrote: »
    tumblr_lo5iiyRkIT1qfjej5o1_400.gif

Haha , well that's how memorable a performance Shrewsbury put in, case in point really =)

Feel very sorry for Keane. Gets a chance, looks ready to grab it with both hands, and then minutes later is a whisker away from scoring and injures himself in the process. The football Gods are harsh indeed.

you really have to ask questions about our medical approach at the club, this is the 5th year out of 7 that we have had an injury epidemic.

1 year is normal, 2 or 3 is bad luck, anything more is just bizzare, no other club has this level of injuries.

now, we have had alot of impact injuries but weve had multiple tears in the last 12 months and we also, have a huge amount of training injuries. its amazing that it appears that the intensity in the training appears to be higher than on the pitch.

what is even more interesting is we keep hearing how injury proned the players we sold last summer were, yet they have almost 200 appearances between them this season so far - the problem has just moved to other players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Valencia
    I wondered about Valencia the other day? WTF happened to him?? I haven't seen or heard from him for months!

• Advertisement

sigmundv wrote: »
    I wondered about Valencia the other day? WTF happened to him?? I haven't seen or heard from him for months!

I heard he cracked a smile and injured his facial muscles.

Where's my coat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Where's my coat?

No time for that....we'll post it to you or somethin'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Metro report that Correio da Manha report that Jose has bought a house in Manchester :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Lord TSC wrote:
    The Metro report that Correio da Manha report that Jose has bought a house in Manchester

He can afford it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The Metro report that Correio da Manha report that Jose has bought a house in Manchester :P

Surely he'd rent it , sure he'd only be selling up in 2-3 years anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

sigmundv wrote: »

I got his 2 match tickets for the Southampton game a while back :)

trying to get him as we speak :p

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7568-1387581772-10.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I'm surprised nobody has mistaken Shrewsbury for York City last night.

When I think of York City all I can remember is that great Coca-Cola cup match from 1995. I remember the defeat well :eek: At least we beat Shrewsbury. The York game is 2nd on my list of embarrassing defeats after the horror of the MK Dons trouncing :mad: I'm sure there are others but I don't care to remember them now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

bangkok wrote: »
    trying to get him as we speak :p

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7568-1387581772-10.gif

It still breaks my heart thinking of that ball floating away from him forever :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nalz wrote: »
    I'll have a charity bet with you, €10. You can name the charity.

United's best result tonight will be a 1 goal win margin.

Don't think you replied to this Homer, but I'm going to drop a 10 into St Michaels and I've set up a "buy a book bring a book" day next week in my office for them. They're running a campaign for it.

Opposition weren't up to much last night to be fair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Yeah - rumour is he's being lined up by Dean Holdsworth to take over at Bolton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

you really have to ask questions about our medical approach at the club, this is the 5th year out of 7 that we have had an injury epidemic.

1 year is normal, 2 or 3 is bad luck, anything more is just bizzare, no other club has this level of injuries.

now, we have had alot of impact injuries but weve had multiple tears in the last 12 months and we also, have a huge amount of training injuries. its amazing that it appears that the intensity in the training appears to be higher than on the pitch.

what is even more interesting is we keep hearing how injury proned the players we sold last summer were, yet they have almost 200 appearances between them this season so far - the problem has just moved to other players.

Arsene Wenger says hello ;)
    they've a few lads perma injured - Arteta, Wilshire, Rosicky barely kick a ball during the season..

Anyone know what is going on with Nick Powel , is he injured? (Or just at home playing Fifa =) Can play as a striker I believe..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

For anyone who cringes at Lingard's celebration:
    :P:P

Give me the Sharpe Shuffle any day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Irishcrx wrote:
    Anyone know what is going on with Nick Powel , is he injured? (Or just at home playing Fifa =) Can play as a striker I believe..

He went on loan didnt he

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Irishcrx wrote: »

On loan at Hull . played against arsenal on the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    On loan at Hull . played against arsenal on the weekend.

Plays FIFA on Thursday nights. Has nothing better to do.

Nalz wrote: »
    Don't think you replied to this Homer, but I'm going to drop a 10 into St Michaels and I've set up a "buy a book bring a book" day next week in my office for them. They're running a campaign for it.

Opposition weren't up to much last night to be fair :)

sorry, i completely missed this!!!

fair play. jesus if i was a betting man on here and kept the winnings, id have been fairly rich this season :D:D:D:D:D:D

brinty wrote: »
    Arsene Wenger says hello ;)
    they've a few lads perma injured - Arteta, Wilshire, Rosicky barely kick a ball during the season..

ours appears to impact the entire team though - as i said, our injury proned players who left last year appear to have had a relatively injury free period since they left us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Portugese press seems to be going heavy on the Jose stories today (which isn't surprising; every time we've won recently, they start up...).

Diário de Notícias report that Mourinho agreed a three-year deal with Manchester United. The manager would earn €20m (£15.6m) per season. They also mention a €5m (£3.9m) bonus if Mourinho wins the Premier League.

According to the newspaper, Mourinho will not accept to take charge of the club before the end of the season. It doesn’t matter if Louis van Gaal gets sacked or not, the Portuguese manager is not willing to work at the club before June.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/from-portugal-mourinho-s-new-agreement-with-man-united-5m-bonus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Speaking of injuries,you've gotta feel sorry for this poor fella,damaged ankle,broken leg and dislocated shoulder from one fall on the pitch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3459301/Mariners-defender-Storm-Roux-sickening-triple-injury-blow.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Portugese press seems to be going heavy on the Jose stories today (which isn't surprising; every time we've won recently, they start up...).

Diário de Notícias report that Mourinho agreed a three-year deal with Manchester United. The manager would earn €20m (£15.6m) per season. They also mention a €5m (£3.9m) bonus if Mourinho wins the Premier League.

According to the newspaper, Mourinho will not accept to take charge of the club before the end of the season. It doesn’t matter if Louis van Gaal gets sacked or not, the Portuguese manager is not willing to work at the club before June.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/from-portugal-mourinho-s-new-agreement-with-man-united-5m-bonus

Nice start to the relationship.

Ok, so we got the report that Jose has bought a house in Manchester a few pages ago. We got the report last week about Jose telling 'close friends' about the move to Manchester.

Let me guess, I know what's next, does Jose have a living parent who we need to make a comment on the move?

How is his father now? His illness was cited as one of the reasons for Chelseas poor form earlier in the season,Joses mind seemingly not 100% focused on the job!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    How is his father now? His illness was cited as one of the reasons for Chelseas poor form earlier in the season,Joses mind seemingly not 100% focused on the job!

Can't find any news about him apart from him being still alive. That, and those reports about Chelsea's form from last October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In a way you cant blame Mourinho for not taking over now if that is indeed the case. The majority of what would be his first choice first 11 are injured, little depth in the squad, morale in the doldrums... 4th is a real tough get from here on in to be honest no matter who would be managing us considering our problems especially in our depth and quality of player not to mention some damn tricky fixtures ahead... we fail to get fourth and thats all on LVG... Mourinho comes in and doesnt manage it he gets part of the blame.. why wouldnt he or anyone want to start with a clean slate and a blank cheque book in the summer...

zorro2566 wrote: »

players not wanting to play for Mourinho has nothing to do with his father being sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nice start to the relationship.

You are looking for issues with him from the off and not giving him a chance if that's your take on it.

A total non issue from a relationship point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

players not wanting to play for Mourinho has nothing to do with his father being sick

You have no way of knowing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

zerks wrote: »
    Speaking of injuries,you've gotta feel sorry for this poor fella,damaged ankle,broken leg and dislocated shoulder from one fall on the pitch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3459301/Mariners-defender-Storm-Roux-sickening-triple-injury-blow.html

Storm roux sounds like the ultimate French food recipe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/702205315555655680

Anderson wants to know if we remember. Funny guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Just turning on the Arsenal/Barca game, is Welbeck injured or something?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

He must be, sure he's a 100% nailed on starter. How could they leave him out of a big game like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bangkok wrote:
    are you arsene wenger? How do you know he is not first choice? When everyone is fit and available he will start in place of either Walcott, Ox or Campbell who have all played when welbeck was injured

busting.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Didn't and don't wanna start that Danny debate again, I just couldn't resist! :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I don't get it, Chamberlain off and still no Welé???

The top 3 of the table looks so weird and wrong.

welbeck has come on and just proved in 15 mins against the best side in the world just how good he is. great performance from him

Yeah that was a pretty impressive hat-trick from him tbf.

• Advertisement

welbeck has come on and just proved in 15 mins against the best side in the world just how good he is. great performance from him

Pity he couldn't prove to the man that matters he was good enough to start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement