Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

What an incredibly soft yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    you are just putting 1 and 1 together and getting 3.

im still raging we didnt get klopp even after that result, i can see a bigger picture. even if they lose the next 3 games in a row i think klopp was perfect for us.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    So when he's winning its all on him, but when he is losing its the players.

Gotcha

Nhh2nvO.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Wooohoooo I knew rashford should be starting every game ;) told ye so suckeres haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

:):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

rassssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhffffffffoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Oooooh yeeeesssss""""""

It's annoying that we couldn't claw back a 2-0 score line over Liverpool and Southampton could!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

zorro2566 wrote: »
    It's annoying that we couldn't claw back a 2-0 score line over Liverpool and Southampton could!

Rashford has just scored against City and that's what's concerning you?!

• Cool as a mofo

• Advertisement

9b042AFhSS6CQvuYFLaz_Rash2.PNG

The look of joy on his face, delighted for him and him a local lad and all!

zorro2566 wrote: »

Lol move on.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rashford has just scored against City and that's what's concerning you?!

I was typing before he scored but to hell with it, rassssshhhhhffffffooorrrddd!!!

Sterling injured himself diving lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

My "please don't be a Macheda Mk. II" worries are very, very quickly disappearing.

Should be a booking for Mangela.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

adox wrote: »
    Should be a booking for Mangela.

Oliver is a joke ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

astradave wrote: »
    Stop moving the goalposts, Im not disputing that at all, you implied that when they were 2-0 up that it was because of him, but then when the throw it away, its because he has "crap" players.

Its actually because of a crap player, one in particular who makes everyone else around him infi worse. Tho Klopp has to shoulder a huge portion of the blame for bringing him on. Huge error.

As for Rashford being Macheda pt2. No chance. Rashford has pace and a really good technique. Macheda was just the right guy in the right place a couple of times. Rashford is at worst going to be a Wellbeck level player and at best he'll be a Adebayor when playing for a contract.

Embarrassing from Augero feigning injury and then bouncing up.

Bunch of men ganging up on a kid. Nice one.

• Advertisement

That's a pen.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Its actually because of a crap player, one in particular who makes everyone else around him infi worse. Tho Klopp has to shoulder a huge portion of the blame for bringing him on. Huge error.

As for Rashford being Macheda pt2. No chance. Rashford has pace and a really good technique. Macheda was just the right guy in the right place a couple of times. Rashford is at worst going to be a Wellbeck level player and at best he'll be a Adebayor when playing for a contract.
    I didn't mean a carbon copy as a player, our youth system has churned out a lot of fast, technical players for a long while. They don't always make it. Rashford though, seems to be looking better and better every time. Obviously this is an early statement to make, but he seems to be actively learning from his time in the pitch and those around him. That's one of, if not the, best thing to see in a player in their first season or so.

If we had got away with that penalty shout, we'd be hearing about it until the end if the season.

how did the ref bottle that?! 100% peno clear as day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Michael Oliver is the dodgiest ref in England.

Like, genuinely dodgy.

City are fierce moaney. Ref is awful.

DeMachelis looks an accident waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

jayo26 wrote: »

And the only ones coming to his aid are the other kids and eventually Rojo. Such a soft team.

• bangkok wrote: »
    how did the ref bottle that?! 100% peno clear as day

****ing disgrace

Then the City players have the cheek to accuse rashford of diving then

And the only ones coming to his aid are the other kids and eventually Rojo. Such a soft team.

Thats because half our team is kids. Lingard and Martial were closest to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Billy86 wrote: »
    I didn't mean a carbon copy as a player, our youth system has churned out a lot of fast, technical players for a long while. They don't always make it. Rashford though, seems to be looking better and better every time. Obviously this is an early statement to make, but he seems to be actively learning from his time in the pitch and those around him. That's one of, if not the, best thing to see in a player in their first season or so.

If we had got away with that penalty shout, we'd be hearing about it until the end if the season.

Oh I know that, what i mean is that there's no way he won't make it. He's legit good. Which pains me to say. I don't think he'll be world class but you don't need him to be. Martial will be that... Rashford will likely be an international regular and super effective for you lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I don't understand the whole "how dare DeMichelis pick on a kid" thing. If Rashford is good enough then he's old enough to handle it and it's part of football.

• Mars Bar wrote: »
    I don't understand the whole "how dare DeMichelis pick on a kid" thing. If Rashford is good enough then he's old enough to handle it and it's part of football.

Who said that?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought "Where the fúck are our lads?" when Rashford was getting surrounded. Lingard, Martial and Rojo came in, Carrick stood with the hands on the hips a few yards away.

Mars Bar wrote: »

Yep, he's playing a senior sport so I don't fault the City players, just the tardiness of our lads in giving Rashford some support.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Who said that?
    As below. All over Twitter too

Rojo really is awful.

• Advertisement

He looks well able to handle it lol he didn't back down at all. It was just funny to see the men ganging all round the kid and thats exactly what it was it dont matter if we he was a messi he is still a kid.

have to say that was a brilliant first half. we actually look a threat going forward

I didn't say anything about how dare they and I didn't say anything about DeMichelis. I said a bunch of men as in two city players came over and pushed him around. And I found it funny more then shocking.

• Mars Bar wrote: »

IMO what annoyed me was the city players looked to accuse him of diving when it was absolutely clumsy from dimicales.
    Ref is a disgrace.
    To note: I didn't imply anything about players ganging up on him. Hes man enough and he stood up for himself so fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Rashford really reminds me of Andy Cole. Good pace, great feet and link up play and cool finishing. How we have missed a player like that.

We've all gone through heaps of young players who were hyped to make it from Luke Chadwick to Frasier Campbell to Cleverley to Macheda to Januzaj etc, but Rashford is the first I have seen in years that I've thought has the raw attributes to be more than a flash in the pan.

• Advertisement

He looks well able to handle it lol he didn't back down at all. It was just funny to see the men ganging all round the kid and thats exactly what it was it dont matter if we he was a messi he is still a kid.

But why should that stop them from ganging up on him? People seem offended that City players would even look sideways at him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The 2 Scousers on Sky say Penalty to United,Hargreaves says "No" and Owen says 50/50.

Hargreaves really is bitter when it comes to United.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I like Lingard as a third midfield player in a game like this. Its more the position he was supposed to play.

During the week was different as United should be chasing down goals. That is when you want someone like Mata in there.

But why should that stop them from ganging up on him? People seem offended that City players would even look sideways at him!

Im not offended I found it amusing. As I said looks well able for it but it is still funny to see two older men going after him like that I don't see why it matters because he is good or not or in what context it was still the same two grown Men were ruffled by a kid.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I like Lingard as a third midfield player in a game like this. Its more the position he was supposed to play.

During the week was different as United should be chasing down goals. That is when you want someone like Mata in there.

I like him there too the problem is that mata is not so good out on the wing.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Oh I know that, what i mean is that there's no way he won't make it. He's legit good. Which pains me to say. I don't think he'll be world class but you don't need him to be. Martial will be that... Rashford will likely be an international regular and super effective for you lot.

I bloody hope so! :D

David Jones about ten years ago did teach me to always temper my expectations, mind. :o

Next season I want to see us play Rashford up front, Martial on one wing, Mata behind the striker, and Rooney in China. Or just somewhere very, very far away.

It's taken two teenagers, but he's finally been shown up for what he really is, and I couldn't be happier.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Next season I want to see us play Rashford up front, Martial on one wing, Mata behind the striker, and Rooney in China. Or just somewhere very, very far away.

It's taken two teenagers, but he's finally been shown up for what he really is, and I couldn't be happier.

They haven't shown anything. Rooney was in very good form until he got injured when the team started attacking at the turn of the year. It's nice to see the kids there but rooney aint done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Moving Darmian about so much can't be any good for him.

KH25 wrote: »
    Moving Darmian about so much can't be any good for him.

Back to only one of the back four playing in their natural position.
    City taken control of the game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement