Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

great fight in the team today, could easily have lost that.

next 2 games massive, everton home, tottenham away, but at least we have 5 of our last 8 games at home, could swing it our way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

zerks wrote: »
    The 2 Scousers on Sky say Penalty to United,Hargreaves says "No" and Owen says 50/50.

Hargreaves really is bitter when it comes to United.

Where were Hargreaves and Owen commenting on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

how.gareth wrote: »
    Where were Hargreaves and Owen commenting on it?

Da foreign channels that we can't talk about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

If we don't get 4th I hope West Ham do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Poor Gary is in big big trouble now. Wouldnt be surprised if he's sacked tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Headshot wrote: »
    Poor Gary is in big big trouble now. Wouldnt be surprised if he's sacked tonight

They just cant defend.

Alcacar too small to play up front on his own aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

How did he miss that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

The handkerchiefs are out for Gary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So we have two weeks off then the Toffees at home which is always a tricky fixture.

Rooney will be in contention to come back at that point which is a pity as Rashford and Martial are forging a nice relationship.

Top 4 is still a big ask and we have some other tough fixtures including a tough cup replay but its certainly not impossible.

I have an awful feeling that we will end up with VanGall til his contract runs out if we do sneak into fourth.

:/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/711612372201443332?s=09

Points won vs. 'big 6' this season:

Man Utd (18)
    Liverpool (12)
    Spurs (10)
    Arsenal (10)
    Chelsea (9)
    Man City (4)

Its infuriating that we can grind out results against the top teams, and then drop points all over the place to relegation fodder...

"Yes you may touch the hand that signed the contract to bring Jose to Manchester."

3265DE8F00000578-3501512-image-m-61_1458494593937.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Best case is FA cup and 4th, then Jose comes in and grabs 2/3 world class players....not gunna happen though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Pheonix10 wrote:
    Best case is FA cup and 4th, then Jose comes in and grabs 2/3 world class players....not gunna happen though :/

#believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I have an awful feeling that we will end up with VanGall til his contract runs out if we do sneak into fourth.

:/

I really doubt it at this point. The results and the performances are just too poor even if the team do sneak 4th. I think if Van Gaal is still at the club next season it will be in a DoF type role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Da foreign channels that we can't talk about here.

Ha cool thought they only worked on BT

how.gareth wrote: »
    Ha cool thought they only worked on BT

You'd be amazed at who works where,watched a 3pm on Premier League Pass and the same co-commentator was also doing the 5.30 game on Sky.They make a tidy living from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If one good thing has come out of this season, it is Rashford (and two, Martial :D).

Without our threadbare squad he would not have got a look in. He clearly has talent, but what stands out most for me is his temperament - he seems very grounded and has not let the massive pressure get to him yet. That finish today was as cool as Martial, quite remarkable given the situation and the past few weeks for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

City are a massive club...

Hart and Sterling out for 4 weeks.Time for us to take advantage of their injury crisis and not do our usual of one decent game and 4 sh1te ones.

• TheDoc wrote: »
    City are a massive club...

I see what TheDoc did there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

When is the west ham replay?

When is the west ham replay?

6th of April,just after the Everton game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hart and Sterling out for 4 weeks.Time for us to take advantage of their injury crisis and not do our usual of one decent game and 4 sh1te ones.

They also have cl game so more pressure for them aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Didn't see the game, so only going off the radio commentary and what I have read here, but for all the positives Bastian has turned out to be less than useless.

Did he do anything to help in the game, it certainly did not sound like it and his previous performances have all been pretty muck as well.

Quite happy to be told I am wrong, as I said I haven't seen the game so could be picking it up, but that is what is sounded like to me. FOr a player with such experience you at least expect that when he is brought on he will hold onto the ball and control the game a bit

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Didn't see the game, so only going off the radio commentary and what I have read here, but for all the positives Bastian has turned out to be less than useless.

Did he do anything to help in the game, it certainly did not sound like it and his previous performances have all been pretty muck as well.

Quite happy to be told I am wrong, as I said I haven't seen the game so could be picking it up, but that is what is sounded like to me. FOr a player with such experience you at least expect that when he is brought on he will hold onto the ball and control the game a bit

He only played 20 minutes.We basically saw out that period with 10 men as we made all our subs and Rashford was a passenger after suffering cramp and could barely move.

Bastian was a cool head when he came on and was the only one trying to keep the ball but there was f all he could do as everyone else was intent on kicking the ball away.

But tbf we had a load of players out of gas, Darmian, Rashford, Lingard all went down with cramp and Rojo looked very tired when he went off.

International break will hopefully give a few players time to recharge there batteries.

Does anyone want to explain our crazy press that often had our 2 centre halfs out of position looked fairly suicidal at times even though we kept a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He only played 20 minutes.We basically saw out that period with 10 men as we made all our subs and Rashford was a passenger after suffering cramp and could barely move.

He also played more or less in the no 10 position so barely got a kick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If one good thing has come out of this season, it is Rashford (and two, Martial :D).

Without our threadbare squad he would not have got a look in. He clearly has talent, but what stands out most for me is his temperament - he seems very grounded and has not let the massive pressure get to him yet. That finish today was as cool as Martial, quite remarkable given the situation and the past few weeks for him.

While rashford gets all the deserved praise I think cbj has been equally as impressive at left back aswell he put in some really mature performance for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its the hope that kills ya you know.

Does anyone want to explain our crazy press that often had our 2 centre halfs out of position looked fairly suicidal at times even though we kept a clean sheet.

They seem to be told to man mark, or at least press quite heavily their man, it often leads to them following players and leaving big gaps.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

wow fans have such short term memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Still buzzing!!

Ya get more satisfaction and appreciation out of these wins when backs are to the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Does anyone else think if we do get fourth spot we will have to look at van gaal for another season ??

Does anyone else think if we do get fourth spot we will have to look at van gaal for another season ??

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

If Van Gaal is in charge next season I won't post in this thread until Jan 1st 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Fairly confident Van Gaal is gone in May regardless of where we finish/do in the FA Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fairly confident Van Gaal is gone in May regardless of where we finish/do in the FA Cup.

I'm of the same opinion.

• Advertisement

I do fear that if we get 4th we will get stuck with him.

Until Jose is officially signed and sealed I refuse to believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I was untill today when top four is looking possible again it really wouldnt surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I'm actually really looking forward to MOTD2 for a change. Still haven't got around to looking at the one from couple of weeks ago from WBA away, think I might just delete that one!

Really impressive showing from Rashford today. Ice cold finish for his goal but that aside his maturity and game intelligence really stood out for me.

Pity there is a break in momentum now with the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

sure doesn't take too long to use the old humour thread does it? :)

im still wrong though, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

BMMachine wrote: »

The best part is how much it annoys you and you keep going back for more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Just back from the pub. That result was a wonderful unexpected surprise :)

Rashford was exceptional for that goal and Martial is the most exciting player Utd have signed since Cristiano.

Get Mourinho in to take the reins and we could see serious improvement next year.

Also, the manner in which Liverpool spunked away 3 points today was just too delicious. I couldn't possibly have another bite :D

BMMachine wrote: »

Hypocrisy thy name is BMMachine.

Delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Quandary wrote: »
    I couldn't possibly have another bite :D

Fudge that, I'm going to tuck into a nice big helping of MOTD shortly, with a generous sprinkling of schadenfreude :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

If we close the door on Jose again, I'm gonna be so pissed off.

Who knows what manager will be available next summer once LVG definitely goes. If no one is around and interested, I'm sure Giggs will be sticking his head into Woodward's office

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement