Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If we close the door on Jose again, I'm gonna be so pissed off.

Who knows what manager will be available next summer once LVG definitely goes.
    If no one is around and interested, I'm sure Giggs will be sticking his head into Woodward's office

He said before he might be open to extending his contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

He said before he might be open to extending his contract.

His wife would kill him :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Motd 2 in a few minutes.

Life's good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mod:

Ok folks, I 've had to delete posts here of video/gifs of goals and other incidents from today's match. Unfortunately, posting such content is forbidden.

See this thread for further details.

Any further posts of such material will be carded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Turtwig wrote: »
    Mod:

Ok folks, I 've had to delete posts here of video/gifs of goals and other incidents from today's match. Unfortunately, posting such content is forbidden.

See this thread for further details.

Any further posts of such material will be carded.

Phew I thought you were gonna say you had to delete gifs or Kate Upton.... My heart..

• Advertisement

As if I wasnt smiling enough after today's results they couldn't of picked a better match to start off motd with ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Terrible performance from Brendan Rodger's squad there.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Phew I thought you were gonna say you had to delete gifs or Kate Upton.... My heart..

Lol he wouldn't dare :p

J. Marston wrote: »
    Terrible performance from Brendan Rodger's squad there.

Its like klopp started coaching the wrong team at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

5801_1000245820012313_6527562070151268082_n.jpg?oh=87572a4366947257e9e1e7810af5a3c3&oe=57933D37

• Advertisement

Just a though but imagine a summer swoop for Mane and Harry kane..... A front line to pick from martial, Mane, Kane, rooney, rashford, memphis and Lingard. Some serious potential and talent there.

"I'm sorry Godfather but it's true,Jose is coming".

lvg1y1saz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Philip Mcnulty's thoughts on today's game "He also made the wise decision to go without Marouane Fellaini against City. This meant United's temptation to play long balls towards the Belgium midfielder, awful in recent weeks, meant they could use the pace and width provided by Rashford and Anthony Martial.

It gave United extra fluency, as well as speed, without Fellaini clogging things up and slowing moves down - perhaps this will be a lesson Van Gaal will now learn."

just sayin...... our defeats to Norwich, Sunderland, Swansea, WBA, Bournemouth. .and draw with Newcastle. .. I know it's a bit of if me auntie had balls. ..

All aboard the roller coaster ..... we're on the up again :)

4/4 on MOTD2 not good enough Van Gall out :pac:

No comment from the club when asked about the deal done with Jose.....So,no news is good news?

El Pais is reputable aswell,they don't do bs rumours.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just a though but imagine a summer swoop for Mane and Harry kane......

Mane oddly enough didn't look happy despite his performance today.
    I think he is out this summer. Would love to see him signed. Serious talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    No comment from the club when asked about the deal done with Jose.....So,no news is good news?

El Pais is reputable aswell,they don't do bs rumours.

I mean if he wasn't coming they would just deny it right?

Right?

RIGHT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Imagine next season having to pick from Rashford, Martial, Kane and Rooney who could all play centrally up top for us. I'd break all records to sign Kane.... And we would have to.

• BMMachine wrote: »
    sure doesn't take too long to use the old humour thread does it? :)

im still wrong though, right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvSDkPb1YXptFFVmh6crSDW4L5fNRJ-M3Q0cRqFKW_4XEYAMbeww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I love the look of absolute joy on Rashford's face when he scores. Great to see.

• Advertisement

Lads it is going to be one crazy summer in the transfer window, City Ourselves, Chelsea annd possibly Arsenal with new managers and Kloop having his 2nd transfer window will all be looking at 3-5 players each.

Spurs and Lecister will be in the Champions league best business they will do is hold onto thier players but will also sign a few could be adding west ham to that too.

In a normal season you would see the top 4 sniffing around Deli Ali. Kane, Marhez Kante, Payet to name a few but would they leave to go to a non Champions league club?

It will be all very interesting and crazy no doubt

Lads it is going to be one crazy summer in the transfer window, City Ourselves, Chelsea annd possibly Arsenal with new managers and Kloop having his 2nd transfer window will all be looking at 3-5 players each.

Spurs and Lecister will be in the Champions league best business they will do is hold onto thier players but will also sign a few could be adding west ham to that too.

In a normal season you would see the top 4 sniffing around Deli Ali. Kane, Marhez Kante, Payet to name a few but would they leave to go to a non Champions league club?

It will be all very interesting and crazy no doubt

There is going to be some crazy money spent we think we are bad but looking at the other teams they have arguably more work to do with the squads.

City have a terribly unbalanced squad no defence and Injury prone forwards.

Pool are similar to city but have probably only one class player.

Chelsea are on serious trouble they gonna take big work.

And Arsenal are fuked he wont sign more then two players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Strumms wrote: »
    Imagine next season having to pick from Rashford, Martial, Kane and Rooney who could all play centrally up top for us. I'd break all records to sign Kane.... And we would have to.

I'd agree, think signing Kane should be an absolute priority. He looks an absolute star. What sort of price tag will a 23 year old England international, with 2 consecutive 20 goal premier league seasons & possibly a league winners medal, from one of the hardest bargain drivers in football cost? I think the opening bid would have to be £80 million & God knows where it would end up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Haha Shearer bitter as ever. Calls no peno - it's a contact sport. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

secman wrote: »
    Philip Mcnulty's thoughts on today's game "He also made the wise decision to go without Marouane Fellaini against City. This meant United's temptation to play long balls towards the Belgium midfielder, awful in recent weeks, meant they could use the pace and width provided by Rashford and Anthony Martial.

It gave United extra fluency, as well as speed, without Fellaini clogging things up and slowing moves down - perhaps this will be a lesson Van Gaal will now learn."

just sayin...... our defeats to Norwich, Sunderland, Swansea, WBA, Bournemouth. .and draw with Newcastle. .. I know it's a bit of if me auntie had balls. ..

All aboard the roller coaster ..... we're on the up again :)

You can say that today was all about how great we were and that this is the best lineup. We should have had a penalty alright but we've had this team out before and we've been terrible.

There's a reason City have an appalling record v the top teams.

City let us implement the gameplan but but that team out v West Brom away and I think we'd have a tough time.

• adox wrote: »

Can't believe he is puking that muck out of his mouth, no penalty lol

Even when Fellaini isn't playing he's getting singled out. :pac:

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvSDkPb1YXptFFVmh6crSDW4L5fNRJ-M3Q0cRqFKW_4XEYAMbeww

Im so glad I'm a united fan because if I was a rival fan I don't think I'd like you haha ;);)

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I'd agree, think signing Kane should be an absolute priority. He looks an absolute star. What sort of price tag will a 23 year old England international, with 2 consecutive 20 goal premier league seasons & possibly a league winners medal, from one of the hardest bargain drivers in football cost? I think the opening bid would have to be £80 million & God knows where it would end up.

I'd say there's 0 point in trying. Spurs are in a great place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

adox wrote: »

Hilarious. Smalling's yellow was fully deserved of course, even though he could barely get a hand on Aguero nevermind pull him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Even when Fellaini isn't playing he's getting singled out. :pac:

Philip Mcnulty has a big wooden spoon and he knows how to use it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

But Smalling was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow card when he made contact with Aguero far from goal.

He likes Lingard though. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Would Rooney have to go if we got Kane? To free up a first team place and money from Rooneys wages at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They didn't show the other peno claim at all did they?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

They didn't show the other peno claim at all did they?

Nope and they barely gave Martial a mention when discussing the front three which was bizzare.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I can't see Kane moving. And tbh honest I think he should stay at Spurs.
    Great manager there
    Quality players
    CL football
    Guaranteed starter there

I would be shocked to see him move but who knows what might happen. In this crazy football world, money talks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We will probably have to break the transfer record to sign Harry Kane

Nope

Kane is young, in a team set up for him. He would be foolish to move to a team outside of the CL when his team have either won, or come very close to winning a league title. Plenty of time to move if Spurs don't continue to progress. If United get top 4 and throw incredibly silly money, maybe he can be got, but for the money it would take surely better value can be got elsewhere.

Kane looks great, he has surely silenced any doubters with his continued success this season and he looks to have a great attitude to go with him undoubted talent, but he is not the only player out there who can play as a striker for United, hell we have one of those guys already at the club playing the left wing forward role :)

If other areas of the team can be upgraded in the right way attack will function a lot better. Kane would be a great signing on paper, but he would cost an awful lot, and that is if he would even be interested right now.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

The best part is how much it annoys you and you keep going back for more :pac:

just reinforcing and reminding. but hey, if thats your narrative on it then be my guest

b3iDL1u.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

BMMachine wrote: »
    just reinforcing and reminding. but hey, if thats your narrative on it then be my guest

Feeling down?
    Wanna blame man united fans?
    Wanna blame Man United for your troubles?
    Feeling bitter?
    Feeling ill at thought that Leicester will have won more Premier Leagues then you soon?
    Can ya not take a joke?

Well good news

Call 01-02-12-22-32 for confidential help or even better call the special helpline at 20-18-20-18-20-18

For help ya cannot afford to let slip

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

wins for the boys

56063561.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'd say there's 0 point in trying. Spurs are in a great place.

I think he would be a tough get right now, almost impossible and it would take a bid of some magnitude just to even get spurs thinking. He seems like a loyal level headed guy, a Spurs guy and they don't need to sell so a lot against us. On the other hand I don't believe that we shouldn't ruffle a few feathers and stick in a bid or two... he may be happy there now but who is to say what sort of season Spurs will have next season compared to us... one never knows and if we didn't get him this year to put one foot over the threshold now at the very least would state our intentions to both club and player...

As for Leicester and I suppose you could say the same about Spurs to a lesser extent they should be already planning on keeping their best players by offering new substantial contracts with some of the extra CL revenue, that and two or three astute signings will set them up for next season.. whatever happens with their title challenge I hope they go all out and don't see themselves as punching above their weight and kick on next year... I know as a United fan not the best thing to think but as for football I believe the PL needed this shake up at the top in a ways.... many commentators saying the quality this year hasn't been all that and believe what you want but next year will be something the league has never been more competitive in terms of anyone (Villa aside) being able to get a result against anyone else on the day....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

So much money is available to Spurs now, especially with CL football next season that there won't even be a negotiation tbh. Levy does not have to sell, and Kane would be mad to take a risk. Lukaku would be a much more realistic prospect considering he is already 2 years into his contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

BMMachine wrote: »
    wins for the boys

76e2f63748f7342790da64381f22c8e8.256x147x79.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

4th place is still probably out of reach as I don't think United are capable of putting the required run together.

City in a precarious position though as the likes of Yaya probably aren't bothered if city make champions league as he won't be there next season. Kompany being injured really hurts them as Demichelis is stone useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Missed the match yesterday.

Delighted for Rashford though, I hope he gets a bit of patience from fans when invariably his form dips.

Havnt seem any of his better performances but the feedback he's getting in here form certain posters is very promising.

Is CJB fit again ? from what ive heard Rojo has been bang average at LB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Woke up hungover, thinking it was Saturday and thought that's a great dream I had last night about United winning and Liverpool slipping up after been 2 goals up....

Then realized it wasn't a dream and that it did happen...I know have a smile like Cheshire Cat that even the thoughts of going too work can't remove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

for anyone who still doesn't think Mourinho will be our manager next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tXXC45sm1Y

also, what a ****ing day yesterday, we won the Manchester derby and we actually played decent stuff :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement