Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

beno619 wrote: »
    Missed the match yesterday.

Delighted for Rashford though, I hope he gets a bit of patience from fans when invariably his form dips.

Havnt seem any of his better performances but the feedback he's getting in here form certain posters is very promising.

Is CJB fit again ? from what ive heard Rojo has been bang average at LB.

Not yet, remember checking phyioroom yesterday and he was still there, think he be back after the break though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Taking over the Emptyhad yesterday.

• Feeling down?
    Wanna blame man united fans?
    Wanna blame Man United for your troubles?
    Feeling bitter?
    Feeling ill at thought that Leicester will have won more Premier Leagues then you soon?
    Can ya not take a joke?

Well good news

Call 01-02-12-22-32 for confidential help or even better call the special helpline at 20-18-20-18-20-18

For help ya cannot afford to let slip
    Quality from Kew!

May I have copyright permission to paste this into a certain whatsapp group I'm a member of please?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Quality from Kew!

May I have copyright permission to paste this into a certain whatsapp group I'm a member of please?

:D

Work away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Delighted with the win, absolutely huge for us, give us great momentum. If city falter at PSG I can see them totally capitulating and it wouldn't surprise me if they threw in the towel for the season.

They're away to Bournemouth on the 2nd of April, it's not an easy place to pick up points they also play PSG 4 days later in the biggest game of their season so you'd wonder who will be in or out for the Bournemouth game.

Equally we have a huge game against Everton at home, a team that typically causes us a hell of a lot of grief. Lukaku will be a handful in the form he's in. If we pick up 3 points from that I think we will carry on and take 4th.

The question I'd like to know now is that if we do obtain 4th, will it mean LVG stays another season.

Also from looking at the match does anyone get the feeling that of the coaching staff Giggs seems a bit left out. It always looks to me that LVG is in constant talks with Stuivenberg and rarely in comparison interacts with Giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So weird to be just one point off 4th after the season United have had. Shows just how poor City have been too.

I still hold little hope for the CL place though - we could easily see just a point or nowt from the next two league games - Everton at home and Spurs away. Spurs away, in particular, will be a tough one. On the other hand though, I can see City continuing to falter too. It might come down to who screws up the least - though in such a scenario it could be West Ham that profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

So weird to be just one point off 4th after the season United have had. Shows just how poor City have been too.

I still hold little hope for the CL place though - we could easily see just a point or nowt from the next two league games - Everton at home and Spurs away. Spurs away, in particular, will be a tough one. On the other hand though, I can see City continuing to falter too. It might come down to who screws up the least - though in such a scenario it could be West Ham that profit.

I disagree, I get far more nervous playing the lower teams. We struggle to breakdown any teams who get players behind the ball and play. As we seen yesterday teams that play ball and come out and attack us leave PLENTY of room in behind and down the flanks for our pacey forwards to run onto and in behind.

Everton might be more hesitant as they're away from home, but there season is pretty much finished now and they're reserved to the FA CUP, more than likely.

Spurs will and have played attacking football all season at home so expect them to come at us thus leaving good space for us to get at them.

We have a fantastic record against the big teams this season, its the ****ty losses to Norwich, Bournemouth, Sunderland, West Brom that have really hurt our season.

We've rode our luck but I don't mind playing the top teams, I much prefer it.

• So weird to be just one point off 4th after the season United have had. Shows just how poor City have been too.

Honestly should be beating Everton at home. Martinez is a bluffer and they are so frail at the back.

Interestingly we are going to have a huge impact on the title race. Leicester fans hoping we do them a favor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

bangkok wrote: »
    for anyone who still doesn't think Mourinho will be our manager next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tXXC45sm1Y

also, what a ****ing day yesterday, we won the Manchester derby and we actually played decent stuff :)

That clips about a month old.
    Seems like a bint with a big mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

The only person I want signed from Spurs is their manager...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Spurs have a tough couple of games coming up. Liverpool away then Utd at home, lots of players will have been on international duty. That draw with Arsenal showed a mental frailty with them too. I really think Leicester have the title already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Nunu wrote: »
    That clips about a month old.
    Seems like a bint with a big mouth.

yea but its been reported well over a month now that mourinho will be our next manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ShooterSF wrote: »
    The only person I want signed from Spurs is their manager...

Jesus I'd take 4 of their players in a shot. Their spine would strengthen United big style.

Lloris, Dier, Alli, Kane... especially if De Gea and a few CMs leave this summer

Honestly should be beating Everton at home. Martinez is a bluffer and they are so frail at the back.

Interestingly we are going to have a huge impact on the title race. Leicester fans hoping we do them a favor.

We should be beating Everton at home.

Just as we should have beaten Newcastle, Middlesborough, PSV, West Ham, Norwich, Chelsea and Southampton at home. Without evening going to look at some of the pathetic away performances and results.

What United should do, and what we actually do are very different this season.

I have no confidence in United going in to any game anymore, anything could happen. anything at all.

• We should be beating Everton at home.

Just as we should have beaten Newcastle, Middlesborough, PSV, West Ham, Norwich, Chelsea and Southampton at home. Without evening going to look at some of the pathetic away performances and results.

What United should do, and what we actually do are very different this season.

I have no confidence in United going in to any game anymore, anything could happen. anything at all.

I suppose what I mean is that I would consider Everton being in worse form and also even more erratic than we are, if that's a positive.

• Advertisement

• Here is a juicy one...if Leicester win the league would Utd consider Ranieri as next manger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Here is a juicy one...if Leicester win the league would Utd consider Ranieri as next manger?

Not a chance imo, he's been average more than he's been good at other clubs.

Here is a juicy one...if Leicester win the league would Utd consider Ranieri as next manger?

no, the man is near retirement age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

4 points from the next two is what we need, but then if we lose to Palace it'll be for nothing.

City play Arsenal in the run in so points will certainly be dropped

8 cup finals on the way

4 points from the next two is what we need, but then if we lose to Palace it'll be for nothing.

City play Arsenal in the run in so points will certainly be dropped

8 cup finals on the way

6 points from next 2 would be even better.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

6 points from next 2 would be even better.. :p

24 points from the next 8 would be even better again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Unfortunately the same applies to our manager & defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

That's league winning form Maximus my friend
    #believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

As much as I'd like to see them go on and win if we can't...

I hope we stuff them at Old Trafford..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nalz wrote: »
    Jesus I'd take 4 of their players in a shot. Their spine would strengthen United big style.

Lloris, Dier, Alli, Kane... especially if De Gea and a few CMs leave this summer

I'd be all over Christen Erikson like a dirty rash. For some bizarre reason he has been getting singled out as an underperformer this season, yet if I'm not mistaken he is second behind Ozil for assists and chances created, and covers more ground then most. Not to mention his weird exile out wide for portions of the season.

a lovely no.10 I'd take in a heartbeat.

The lingaard experiment looks very much set to continue, and Mata surely at this point looking at a spell on the bench? Lingaard at 10 is clearly what Van Gaal has been after, when he tried Januzaj and Memphis there pre-season and early season.A pacey, fast 10 that can operate from deep if required.

While I'm still concerned over Lingaard(his close control dribbling is dirt) there is a palpable difference with him operating centrally, with pace. Numerous times yesterday he just exploded from deep at the City backline, and you could just see the uncertainty in City's defence as our front three started making strides.

It's unfortunately way to late in the day for Van Gaal, and it's disappointing that in his two seasons with us, it takes him so long to settle players into positions, and himself settle on what he wants.

If he had some patience with Januzaj or Memphis, we could have a much more settled #10 and possibly had a settled attacking tactic early on in the season, as opposed to flashes here and there.

(I've been assuming when Van Gaal has talked about the need for pace and creativity, he has been talking about his #10, where he looks to have been juggling for large parts of the season)

I thought Schneiderlan looked a lot better yesterday. Was covering more ground, pressing higher and had a bit more drive and forward thinking play. Some nice one twos and actually, for large parts of the game, incredible one touch layoffs around the midfield area. Started to flag a bit into the second half, but I'm not surprised considering the ground he covered. He just appeared to be operating further forward then he has done. Either himself fed up and went off on his own accord, or a purposeful switch in the tactic, it was abundantly evident that our play looked faster and sharper, and he himself looked much better then he has done. hopefully this can be a platform for him to put in some better performances over the coming weeks.

Also very much liked Blinds little umph into Aguero down by the corner flag. As potentially silly it was giving away a free kick where there was no danger, it very much appealed to my tribal nature, of appreciating it was a derby, and Aguero on his arse is always a sight to behold. As much as Blind is not a centre back, he has done a pretty stellar impersonation for large parts of the season, bar like West Brom(if memory serves) where he had a stinker. His arrival at the club was very much pushed to the shadows as Falcao arrived the same day, but he is a player I really like and look forward to seeing where he will play next season, assuming we actually get a proper CB.

A midfield duo behind a three, of Schneiderlan and Blind, is something I'm really interested to see for a spell of games.

brinty wrote: »
    That's league winning form Maximus my friend
    #believe

It's league winning form and yet we still wouldn't win the league even with those results :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

City would trade us for our remaining fixtures, they are favourable whether we mess them up or not.

If we can match City's results in the next two then we have more winnable games in the last 6 imo. It's probably going to go down to one/two points or goal difference in the last game.

I hope City get past PSG so their focus stays elsewhere, PSG will more than likely hammer them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

It's almost funny if you detach from the fan part. We can beat anybody on our day and anybody can beat us on any other day.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd be all over Christen Erikson like a dirty rash. For some bizarre reason he has been getting singled out as an underperformer this season, yet if I'm not mistaken he is second behind Ozil for assists and chances created, and covers more ground then most. Not to mention his weird exile out wide for portions of the season.

a lovely no.10 I'd take in a heartbeat.

The lingaard experiment looks very much set to continue, and Mata surely at this point looking at a spell on the bench? Lingaard at 10 is clearly what Van Gaal has been after, when he tried Januzaj and Memphis there pre-season and early season.A pacey, fast 10 that can operate from deep if required.

While I'm still concerned over Lingaard(his close control dribbling is dirt) there is a palpable difference with him operating centrally, with pace. Numerous times yesterday he just exploded from deep at the City backline, and you could just see the uncertainty in City's defence as our front three started making strides.

It's unfortunately way to late in the day for Van Gaal, and it's disappointing that in his two seasons with us, it takes him so long to settle players into positions, and himself settle on what he wants.

If he had some patience with Januzaj or Memphis, we could have a much more settled #10 and possibly had a settled attacking tactic early on in the season, as opposed to flashes here and there.

(I've been assuming when Van Gaal has talked about the need for pace and creativity, he has been talking about his #10, where he looks to have been juggling for large parts of the season)

I thought Schneiderlan looked a lot better yesterday. Was covering more ground, pressing higher and had a bit more drive and forward thinking play. Some nice one twos and actually, for large parts of the game, incredible one touch layoffs around the midfield area. Started to flag a bit into the second half, but I'm not surprised considering the ground he covered. He just appeared to be operating further forward then he has done. Either himself fed up and went off on his own accord, or a purposeful switch in the tactic, it was abundantly evident that our play looked faster and sharper, and he himself looked much better then he has done. hopefully this can be a platform for him to put in some better performances over the coming weeks.

Also very much liked Blinds little umph into Aguero down by the corner flag. As potentially silly it was giving away a free kick where there was no danger, it very much appealed to my tribal nature, of appreciating it was a derby, and Aguero on his arse is always a sight to behold. As much as Blind is not a centre back, he has done a pretty stellar impersonation for large parts of the season, bar like West Brom(if memory serves) where he had a stinker. His arrival at the club was very much pushed to the shadows as Falcao arrived the same day, but he is a player I really like and look forward to seeing where he will play next season, assuming we actually get a proper CB.

A midfield duo behind a three, of Schneiderlan and Blind, is something I'm really interested to see for a spell of games.

Blind at CB has been caught out a lot this season. Perfect example is one of the goals v midgetland. He dived in when a proper CB wouldn't and we conceded. It wasn't a glaring mistake but so many times it has happened.

Same thing v Derby in the cup, he lost a header and just stood where he was. Derby guy ran in behind and tucked it away.

Wolfsburg away he was at fault for a goal.

West Ham at home he left a 1v1 trying to pass the ball from the back.

There was a chance at Anfield in the europa league where he went way up the pitch and left acres of space and Liverpool had a great chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Would it be worth a chance to play 442 against the weaker teams with martial and rashford up front? The 451 seems to get the results against the bigger teams but doesn't cut it against the lower ones

• Advertisement

They agree:

qyzuU5s.png?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would take 19 points from next 8 now

I be delighted with that return.

My head says we get about 13-15 points though.

zerks wrote: »
    They agree:

qyzuU5s.png?1

Van Gaal looks like Phil Jones's dad in that photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The key with the battle for 4th this season will be how do city line up before the champions league games. Pellingrini might rest players so there fresh for PSg which will clearly weaken them in the league.

Plus with hart out teams will signall out caberllro as he is terrble on crosses so its a big loss.

Then we cant forget west ham who are very much in it but im not sure of there run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I would take 19 points from next 8 now

I be delighted with that return.

My head says we get about 13-15 points though.

I stopped trying to predict what this team does

One step forward two steps back has being the story of the season so far

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We're, what, 10 wins in 26 games now? Strictly on the PL, we have under 50% win ratio (14 wins in 30 games)

No way we get 6 wins out of 8. If we get 4 wins out of 8, it would amaze me...

Van Gaal looks like Phil Jones's dad in that photo.

You should see some of the others.

hey.jpg

0a67f1dd88.png

sdVPi3V.jpg

sO0J6Y7.jpg

• Loads of city fans on twitter last night tweeting "Pellegrini out"

I kid you not

• Advertisement

Loads of city fans on twitter last night tweeting "Pellegrini out"

I kid you not

Have seen the same, but can see why; by announcing he's fired but asking him stick round for a few months, it doesn't exactly create a motivating atmosphere for the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I wonder is there anything in Pep's contract that they have to have top 4 for him to join. Would be hilarious if they missed out on 4th and then Pep decided to manage somewhere else.

Jayop wrote: »
    I wonder is there anything in Pep's contract that they have to have top 4 for him to join. Would be hilarious if they missed out on 4th and then Pep decided to manage somewhere else.

His plane was spotted near Manchester yesterday.:pac::pac:

946195_10154071018561214_2549883925543997474_n.jpg?oh=5cbed6dd995e4155ad1347519d9ff4b1&oe=57970F63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭billo.d86

I think that we could get 4th mad after our season. But he have one of the best defences in the league thanks to DDG and Smalling who has come on great this season.

I think it is between United and West Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam for 4th. They are on a good run. City are in trouble now with Hart out for a few weeks.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have seen the same, but can see why; by announcing he's fired but asking him stick round for a few months, it doesn't exactly create a motivating atmosphere for the manager.

Two things to this;

1: Some of the fans genuinely don't know hes leaving :pac:
    2: For the fans who do, City owners only have themselves to blame, not pellegrinis fault. I said this a few months back and got shot down, can't remember what thread I will dig it out in a while

Two things to this;

1: Some of the fans genuinely don't know hes leaving :pac:
    2: For the fans who do, City owners only have themselves to blame, not pellegrinis fault. I said this a few months back and got shot down, can't remember what thread I will dig it out in a while

Would imagine not just Pel himself; Demichelis, Yaya and a few others looked like they knew they were one foot out the door.

I know I am vocal about Jose coming in, but you look at the reaction City have had...if the plan is to keep LvG till summer and then bring in Jose, then you can point to City as an example of why you don't go publically down that route...

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would imagine not just Pel himself; Demichelis, Yaya and a few others looked like they knew they were one foot out the door.

I know I am vocal about Jose coming in, but you look at the reaction City have had...if the plan is to keep LvG till summer and then bring in Jose, then you can point to City as an example of why you don't go publically down that route...

With the way the league has gone, if we had just binned LVG in December like any sane club would have and brought in Jose then, I reckon we'd be comfortably sitting in 3rd spot and possibly close enough to the top two to have a bit of hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

With the way the league has gone, if we had just binned LVG in December like any sane club would have and brought in Jose then, I reckon we'd be comfortably sitting in 3rd spot and possibly close enough to the top two to have a bit of hope.

If we binned LVG in December, chances are we would be watching Giggs' United since then.

my biggest fear if Mourinho comes in is that he will bring with him a new striker or 2 and it could be the end of Marcus Rashford. Its exciting watching him develop every week, he literally came from nowhere, thrown into the first team due to our huge injury list and has took his chance. he is gaining more and more confidence with every game and looks ice cool in front of goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

my biggest fear if Mourinho comes in is that he will bring with him a new striker or 2 and it could be the end of Marcus Rashford. Its exciting watching him develop every week, he literally came from nowhere, thrown into the first team due to our huge injury list and has took his chance. he is gaining more and more confidence with every game and looks ice cool in front of goal.

This could also easily happen under lvg when rooney comes back. The boy has put himself in a great position anyway.

If we binned LVG in December, chances are we would be watching Giggs' United since then.

No reason to - we could have hired Jose, and moved on with the season rather than amble towards a mediocre season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement