Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning link in OP 20/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

stankratz wrote: »
    Footage from the Tunnel Cam in the Ethiad before the game yesterday, I got a chuckle out of Giggs hitting Brian Kidd with his ball bag...

https://youtu.be/zNEd5pPj4U4?t=281

Could you imagine a tunnel cam from 30 years ago for a derby game,be no hugging or high fives going on id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Could you imagine a tunnel cam from 30 years ago for a derby game,be no hugging or high fives going on id say

30 years ago?? no need to go back that far or even a derby game, look at viera and keane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

30 years ago?? no need to go back that far or even a derby game, look at viera and keane

Dont worry I didnt forget that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

inter rarely brought through players before or after him, and Madrid operate a galactico policy so I don't think using his short tenure at either club is fair to use as an example.

As for Chelsea, what players have come through while he wasn't at the club? Reports at the time suggested Lukaku wanted to be first choice, iirc.

Looking at our own club people laud LVG for giving youth a chance but he has only done so when basically given no other choice because like 50 first teasers and backups were out injured. He had scope to give young players a chance so much this season but, for example, stuck with Rooney, martial and sometimes fellaini or Memphis up front 100% of the time rather than play Wilson, Keane or rashford. Could have rested an underperforming mata for pereira countless times.

Maybe Mourinho would have rotated more and given more of a chance, or fine the exact same and hot lauded for doing little too.

Maybe at United because of our culture he will play young players from the academy more, but it's a legitimate concern for people to have given he's spent 13 odd years not doing something we hold dear.
    The whole point of a youth setup is to give local lads a chance, there's only 4 or 5 players in the under 21s now who were actually born locally to Manchester. If the 16,17, 18 year old is good enough they'll make it through eventually, we must have one of the best funded youth setups there is, they'll get every opportunity but having the natural talent can't be trained.

How many players have been good enough for the first team in the last decade? The only players who've made 10 first team appearances in that time are Gibson, Evans, Cleverley, Welbeck, Lingard and McNair and we lost the two best we had Pogba and Pique

Mourinho's youth policy is perfectly fine for me because it's no different to what we have going on now, a couple of Manchester born kids will get chances, 90% of the time it's going to be more productive to buy teenagers from across the world instead. The alternative is to become Athletic Bilbao and only play Manchester kids and most likely get relegated

It's not about local lads, it's about lads who come though the academy. I don't care if they're from Salford or from Papua new Ginui. There's also a happy medium between playing virtually no players as Mourinho has done and what Bilbao do so it's a stupid point to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jayop wrote: »
    Maybe at United because of our culture he will play young players from the academy more, but it's a legitimate concern for people to have given he's spent 13 odd years not doing something we hold dear.

It's not about local lads, it's about lads who come though the academy. I don't care if they're from Salford or from Papua new Ginui. There's also a happy medium between playing virtually no players as Mourinho has done and what Bilbao do so it's a stupid point to make.

we've had virtually no players, 6 players who've made over 10 appearances in a decade. Mourinho gave Callejon, Granero, Nacho, Morata over 10 appearances in his time at Madrid.

Mourinho in 3 years at Real fecking Madrid almost has as good a record as us over the space of 10 years.

If they're good enough he'll play them, if they're not good enough why play them? Other than a Bilbao type mindset

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Telegraph saying Jose wants a DoF when he joins, and Berta is his top choice.

A reminder that DiMarizo said that Berta was expected to give an answer round Easter. Be interesting to see if that comes, one way or the other, in the next week or two...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

in my opinion one of the best tunnel cam moments ever :):)

2ms279s.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

stankratz wrote: »
    Footage from the Tunnel Cam in the Ethiad before the game yesterday, I got a chuckle out of Giggs hitting Brian Kidd with his ball bag...

https://youtu.be/zNEd5pPj4U4?t=281

Jaysus is there anyone Rojo didn't give a hug and kiss? Feckin slut!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Also, still pretty jealous of Citys tunnel cam thing (along with their social media in general)

No reason at all we don't have that too

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Jaysus is there anyone Rojo didn't give a hug and kiss? Feckin slut!

The bromance between the Spanish lads was strong too. Silva seemed to be having difficulty letting go of Mata and stroking his hair lol!!

There was a distinct absence of hugs at HT :D

Their tunnel cam is a great idea.

• Advertisement

Also, still pretty jealous of Citys tunnel cam thing (along with their social media in general)

No reason at all we don't have that too

We have a robot looking after our social media it isn't programmed to think of new ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lord TSC wrote: »

A reminder that DiMarizo said that Berta was expected to give an answer round Easter. Be interesting to see if that comes, one way or the other, in the next week or two...

Doesn't the DOF help pick the manager not the other way around?

Mourinho starting to clean up the mess before he's even announced as manager, I think he will build something great at United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

jayo26 wrote: »
    We have a robot looking after our social media it isn't programmed to think of new ideas.

That tunnel cam was indeed a great idea in fairness.. Giggs and Kidd :p although some of the Spanish man love would make you a little worried I thought for a sec someone would have to remind Silva and Mata it was still pre-watershed. I just hope the team gets an overhaul before the social media side of things all the same ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »

Read somewhere that he was a banker so few people can start the blame game for not signing "football man".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Read that Rashford was the first Utd scorer in the derby from Manchester since Welbeck a couple of years back. Can't recall the last city player from Manchester who scored in the derby. might be someone obvious but none come to mind!

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Read that Rashford was the first Utd scorer in the derby from Manchester since Welbeck a couple of years back. Can't recall the last city player from Manchester who scored in the derby. might be someone obvious but none come to mind!

I wouldnt know where any of their youngsters are from but there last Academy player that I can even remember playing in the derby is probably micah Richards I don't think he ever scored. It must of been before they were refounded in the late 00s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I completely see the propaganda value of having local lads in the team, it’s great for the media and it’s great for fans to be able to take the moral high ground and point to other clubs which just buy in talent instead of developing it, blah blah blah I do it all the time.

But in practical terms it’s a load of boll ocks. What is developing talent these days anyway? Young players move around so much at what point can you say a player is a youth product? Was Lee Sharpe a youth product? Paul Pogba? Cristiano Ronaldo?

The club have thrown around this history of giving young players a chance so much that some fans have been become fundamentalist about it. It’s not enough to find the best young talent where ever it might be and bring it to Utd, as even Busby did, no now it has to be “homegrown” talent whatever that it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Korat wrote: »
    I completely see the propaganda value of having local lads in the team, it’s great for the media and it’s great for fans to be able to take the moral high ground and point to other clubs which just buy in talent instead of developing it, blah blah blah I do it all the time.

But in practical terms it’s a load of boll ocks. What is developing talent these days anyway? Young players move around so much at what point can you say a player is a youth product? Was Lee Sharpe a youth product? Paul Pogba? Cristiano Ronaldo?

The club have thrown around this history of giving young players a chance so much that some fans have been become fundamentalist about it. It’s not enough to find the best young talent where ever it might be and bring it to Utd, as even Busby did, no now it has to be “homegrown” talent whatever that it.

the youth system as someone said earlier is not for local lads to break into the first team, its about attracting the best young players from around England/Europe/World into your academy for relatively nothing, develop them from a young age and if they are good enough break into the first team saving the club millions of pounds in transfer fees. If they are not good enough they can be sold to another club.

Paul Pogba using that as 1 example, cost Manchester United by all accounts, £87,000 and a house. Pogba is currently now one of the best midfielders in the game with a transfer value of around £70m.

Danny Welbeck came through the academy, sold incorrectly imo for £16m

Korat wrote: »

Its worth it when you see the joy on rashford face after scoring against city... You don't see that same joy in a player like say memphis or whatever he was just so happy to score he had no planned celebration just raw happiness. It's so nice to have players that u feel just love the club.

It's not one up manship or anything I've great respect for players like Terry that play for the club they love it must be best feeling in world.

It probably don't matter to us if they actually are a player like never that come from the Manchester area or like Beckham that come from London or giggs that come from Wales originally its just the love they show when they score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'd much rather have a goal a game from an import like Ruud Van Nistlerooy than a goal every five games from a local kid like Rashford, no matter how happy he is about scoring.

I'd much rather have a goal a game from an import like Ruud Van Nistlerooy than a goal every five games from a local kid like Rashford, no matter how happy he is about scoring.

I dont think any fan would disagree with you there but it still don't take away from the joy of seen him score and celebrate like that.

This season is full of feel good stories like Leicester doing well and things like rashford coming threw and players like that. It numbs the pain of our own team doing so bad in my opinion its nice to see some nice in football for a change.

Its important from a business perspective to have a good academy, it is also beneficial due to regulations regarding squad registration. Does it mean all players coming through have to be superstars? Course not, sure its impossible to keep a squad full of superstars happy, but it would be nice to have a balance between the foreign and non foreign players at the club.

You need players who are happy to be rotational players and not kick up a fuss, if your academy can produce those kind of players for your team it is great, you can go out and buy your top level players who are going to propel your team forward. The success will be built on the back of the squad though, and if one or two of those academy players can go right to the top now and then thats a huge bonus, but not the main point of having an academy in the modern game.

Squad balance is hugely important in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wellbeck would've spooned that chance into the crowd on Sunday...................................Runs away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bastian Schweinsteiger makes it into the top three fastest players at Old Trafford this season. No, really, he does!

According to statistics compiled by EA Sports Player Performance Index, Anthony Martial is in first place (35.4km/h), followed by Schweinsteiger (34.52km/h) and then Chris Smalling (34.47km/h).

http://talkingbaws.com/2016/03/fans-will-be-surprised-by-manchester-uniteds-three-fastest-players-this-season/

Its important from a business perspective to have a good academy, it is also beneficial due to regulations regarding squad registration. Does it mean all players coming through have to be superstars? Course not, sure its impossible to keep a squad full of superstars happy, but it would be nice to have a balance between the foreign and non foreign players at the club.

You need players who are happy to be rotational players and not kick up a fuss, if your academy can produce those kind of players for your team it is great, you can go out and buy your top level players who are going to propel your team forward. The success will be built on the back of the squad though, and if one or two of those academy players can go right to the top now and then thats a huge bonus, but not the main point of having an academy in the modern game.

Squad balance is hugely important in football.

exactly, I would hate for us to become like PSG or Man City or Chelsea.

Yes PSG have a team full of superstars but so what, that's not what football is about, they have no identity, every single player on the team probably earns in excess of 150k a week. its great for fans and players alike when some young kid comes through and makes it to the first team.

Yes I get the point about van Nistelrooy, we would all love a van nisterooy in the team but you can mix it up.

van Nistelrooy teaching a very young danny welbeck in training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD_5M_1YAfI

imagine the joy of the coaches, the manager, fans etc when players like Welbeck break through, go onto International level and win medals at the same time.

Money can never buy that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

zerks wrote: »

I absolutely hate this stat. Speed is a function of time and distance, and they provide neither. Did he cover a meter at this speed? 10? 100? Because the latter is impressive and the former is not at all.

zerks wrote: »

He must off been using a gold pace performance boost or something.

The problems start when you allow that sentiment to dictate your footballing decisions, when you prioritise developing kids over being successful.

The Southamptons of this world can take great pride in the number of young players they have developed, but they may as well take pride in it because those sides never win anything, those teams of great young players drop points regularly and get beaten by the experienced professionals. Louis Van Gaal thought he could operate in the premier league by using a bunch of lads from his under 21's, its going to end with him sacked and Manchester United a mess and outside the top four.

Thats why its crazy for people to say they don't want Mourinho because he might not play these kids, what exactly is the priority here? Winning trophies or feeling good about Jesse Lingard getting an international call up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭billo.d86

He is only 18 he finishes like Van Nistelrooy, give him a bit of time he could yet a goal a game player.

He has natural finishing which Welbeck didn't have and was right to be sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Give the young fella a chance to breath

For love of God

The problems start when you allow that sentiment to dictate your footballing decisions, when you prioritise developing kids over being successful.

The Southamptons of this world can take great pride in the number of young players they have developed, but they may as well take pride in it because those sides never win anything, those teams of great young players drop points regularly and get beaten by the experienced professionals. Louis Van Gaal thought he could operate in the premier league by using a bunch of lads from his under 21's, its going to end with him sacked and Manchester United a mess and outside the top four.

Thats why its crazy for people to say they don't want Mourinho because he might not play these kids, what exactly is the priority here? Winning trophies or feeling good about Jesse Lingard getting an international call up?

Ahh stop you can't compair Southampton to it at all, Southampton more then likely would not be able compete in premiership without their Academy. The were nearly bankrupt they have sold some of the best English and Welsh players of the past 15 years and are still producing.

We are not saying the club should do a bilbao on it and only have locals no1 said that we are saying it's nice to have Academy players in the team that love the club.

billo.d86 wrote: »
    He is only 18 he finishes like Van Nistelrooy, give him a bit of time he could yet a goal a game player.

Perhaps he could be a goal a game player, but right now he isn't. The problem is that right now he is a first team regular, and if kids of that level are first team regulars then the results and performances follow accordingly. And if he is a first team regular next season don't be expecting any trophies then either.

We have to be realistic, I'd like the best young players developing here as much as anybody, but do we want to be a school for talented kids or do we want to be champions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Give the young fella a chance to breath

For love of God

I agree with you. He has been tipping away doing well a few flashes quality.
    Always great to a youngster coming through and doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Louis Van Gaal thought he could operate in the premier league by using a bunch of lads from his under 21's, its going to end with him sacked and Manchester United a mess and outside the top four.

I don't think he did, at least the evidence of his actions indicate he didn't.

I reckon he thought he could go a full season of premier league and cup football with a small squad that would, in general, retain fitness. His error, I reckon, is that assumption on fitness, not accounting for the increased physicality of the PL, the extra games and the lack of any winter break.

If he thought he could opperate a pl squad with a bunch of young lads, we'd have seen them used prior to the injury crises that forced their selections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

But surely you can find a balance? The team doesn't have to have 11 young players or 11 seasoned professional. But surely we could have a 3 :1 ratio and still be successful. If you're good enough age shouldn't matter. I don't want youth players playing because they're academy players. I want them to be brought through because they're good enough to benefit the squad. Rashford, Varela, Fosu Mensah and Langar all add something to the squad. I don't see the point in paying 50-70 million to replace them. They don't necessarily have to start every game but use them sparingly and correctly and they will develop in a few years to the level required.

My 2 cents anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

bangkok wrote: »

Paul Pogba using that as 1 example, cost Manchester United by all accounts, £87,000 and a house. Pogba is currently now one of the best midfielders in the game with a transfer value of around £70m.

Danny Welbeck came through the academy, sold incorrectly imo for £16m

Nope. Welbeck has never been a world class player or a very good one. He is an impact sub at best, not a regular starter to build your attack around. The revisionisim of ex-players who have left UTD is just wrong at times.

Nani and RVP score a goal and people are up in arms stating "Why did we let him go, hes exactly what we need" and people just gloss over the fact RVP looked like a passenger in a lot of his games for us under Moyes and LVG.

Pogba forced his way out due to Fergie not starting him. That one was a massive misjudgement by Fergie imo.

Welbeck would not make UTD any better. I would start Rooney, Martial and Rashford over him everytime.

The main reasons for the revisionisim of ex-players who have left UTD is born out of frustration due to our current form. Almost none of it is based on the actually ability and form of those players. Saying that there are a couple I would have kept.

Perhaps he could be a goal a game player, but right now he isn't. The problem is that right now he is a first team regular, and if kids of that level are first team regulars then the results and performances follow accordingly. And if he is a first team regular next season don't be expecting any trophies then either.

We have to be realistic, I'd like the best young players developing here as much as anybody, but do we want to be a school for talented kids or do we want to be champions?

He is a first team regular now because we dont have another striker. How do you see him becoming a goal a game player if he isnt given time to play at the top level and develop.

Ideally you need to be both, have a talented group of youngsters and star quality.

There isnt an obvious world class striker out there at the moment that wont cost 80m+ and the last time we spent like that it didnt work out it was too cold for the little argie! :D

He looks like a mean Kunt ha. Fellaini look like Stephen Ireland beside that head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I don't think he did, at least the evidence of his actions indicate he didn't.

I reckon he thought he could go a full season of premier league and cup football with a small squad that would, in general, retain fitness. His error, I reckon, is that assumption on fitness, not accounting for the increased physicality of the PL, the extra games and the lack of any winter break.

If he thought he could opperate a pl squad with a bunch of young lads, we'd have seen them used prior to the injury crises that forced their selections.

Or he didn't look at our physioroom stats for the last 5 years. Seriously tho. For a club with such a prestigious medical department. HOW do we have such a terrible Injury run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

We have another youngling arriving apparently. He has mad hair.

He looks a lot like Ruud Gullit!!! :eek:

It comes down to squad balance, really, in my opinion.

For me, a player like Rashford (and I argued similar for Wilson) is that they are good enough, now, to be 4th choice, at their age.

Should be two top level strikers, and experienced enough back up and a youth player or prospect.

If given the choice between Rashford and a Ruud type player as first choice for United next season, give me Ruud. But the reality is that such a choice should not be required - it isn't either/or. There is room for both types of players, and more, in a squad game.

Ideally, I would be looking to replace Rooney in the summer and also bringing in another striking option. So, just as a hypothetical example:

Kane, Martial, A.N Other, Rashford - with players like Memphis and (ugh) Fellaini as 5th and 6th choice players up top to further supplement the options if needed.

So after selling chich we sign chong. terrible planning, woodward out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its worth it when you see the joy on rashford face after scoring against city... You don't see that same joy in a player like say memphis or whatever he was just so happy to score he had no planned celebration just raw happiness. It's so nice to have players that u feel just love the club.

It's not one up manship or anything I've great respect for players like Terry that play for the club they love it must be best feeling in world.

It probably don't matter to us if they actually are a player like never that come from the Manchester area or like Beckham that come from London or giggs that come from Wales originally its just the love they show when they score.

As in John Terry, who was a Utd fan as a kid?

.. and Giggs was 6 when he moved to Manchester. Beckham's Dad was a Utd fan so you can be sure joining Man Utd was a big deal for him. But being local or not it was their ability which counted most.

If Memphis had grown up supporting Utd from afar would that make him a better Utd player?

Liverpool seemed to sign a couple of players in recent years on the basis that they supported the club growing up, Robbie Keane and that scouse guy who played a couple of games England. I don't know whether that was really a factor in signing them but it didn't make them play any better.

But surely you can find a balance? The team doesn't have to have 11 young players or 11 seasoned professional. But surely we could have a 3 :1 ratio and still be successful. If you're good enough age shouldn't matter. I don't want youth players playing because they're academy players. I want them to be brought through because they're good enough to benefit the squad. Rashford, Varela, Fosu Mensah and Langar all add something to the squad. I don't see the point in paying 50-70 million to replace them. They don't necessarily have to start every game but use them sparingly and correctly and they will develop in a few years to the level required.

My 2 cents anyway

There certainly is a balance, ideally you want a settled experienced side full of quality pro's, and then you add 1 or 2 of the very best kids to that squad every season. If they are good enough they will find a place in the team/squad, if not then move them on. The problems arise when you rely too much on these kids, or when you start using them just for the sake of it or because you overstate their quality.

Actually, overstating quality has been a huge problem for us in my opinion. Its now a cliche that everybody thinks their wife is the prettiest but we have spent far too much time sticking with average youngsters in the hope that someday they turn into world class players. Tom Cleverly for example, how the hell did he keep getting games for so long? And we are still doing it with the likes of Lingard, another lad who will play regularly for the next 3 seasons without ever being anything but a good player. Bully for him, but good players won't win us Champions leagues.

Nope. Welbeck has never been a world class player or a very good one. He is an impact sub at best, not a regular starter to build your attack around. The revisionisim of ex-players who have left UTD is just wrong at times.

Nani and RVP score a goal and people are up in arms stating "Why did we let him go, hes exactly what we need" and people just gloss over the fact RVP looked like a passenger in a lot of his games for us under Moyes and LVG.

Pogba forced his way out due to Fergie not starting him. That one was a massive misjudgement by Fergie imo.

Welbeck would not make UTD any better. I would start Rooney, Martial and Rashford over him everytime.

The main reasons for the revisionisim of ex-players who have left UTD is born out of frustration due to our current form. Almost none of it is based on the actually ability and form of those players. Saying that there are a couple I would have kept.

ah come on, that is some bull****, Rashford ahead of welbeck and "he is not even a very good player"?

Welbeck has 221 senior first team games under his belt, has a 1 in 2 goal scoring ratio at International level, 33 caps 14 goals.

Marcus Rashford has 8 appearances to his name.

billo.d86 wrote: »
    He is a first team regular now because we dont have another striker. How do you see him becoming a goal a game player if he isnt given time to play at the top level and develop.

He is 18, he doesn't need to be a first team regular at the worlds biggest club to develop. I don't even think the current situation is good for his development anyway.

But more to the point, which do you want, Rashford to develop or Manchester United be be the best team? Because you can't have both, not as things currently stand.

bangkok wrote: »
    ah come on, that is some bull****, Rashford ahead of welbeck and "he is not even a very good player"?

As I just said, everybody thinks they have the prettiest wife at home. Rashford is ours and he scored a few goals, that makes him the next big thing and a superstar in the making. The fact that he is at the same club as the likes of Januzaj and Macheda doesn't temper those expectations at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Sustainable success is the priority for me. Using the club's youth development properly is important for achieving that. Mourinho might well be fine at developing youth players. His track record isn't good, but there are some mitigating circumstances.

And to be honest your framing of the question is incorrect. "What is the priority?" is not a question that precludes us from having additional things we think are important.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement