Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy and maternity

Options
  • 20-02-2016 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hello. I had moved recently to Ireland. I want to ask about pregnancy and maternity how does it works here.
    When you find out that the home test is positive, what are the next steps ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

MOD: Hi OP,
    I've moved your thread to the Pregnancy forum as you'll get more useful information here. Please take note of the new charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

When I got a positive test I went to my GP to confirm. I then decided what hospital I wanted to go although depending on where you are in Ireland you may just have one maternity hospital nearby. I then had to decide if I wanted to go public, semi private or private and contacted the hospital register. You said you recently moved to Ireland so you may need to check what levels of maternity care you are entitled to either from the state or health insurance as as far as I know this may vary depending on your status here / whether you're an EU citizen etc. Citizens Information might be able to help you with this. Others may have different advice based on their experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Have a look here at Citizen's information
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nemecis

I come from a European country. I will have to do some of my scans privately and all the other publicly.
    Do you know in Galway area where to get baby scans besides the Carepoint medical centre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

You could try Galway Fertility Clinic, they do scans. Think they are around €100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Why not attend Carepoint Medical Center, sorry just being nosey, I attended them in the past and found them very helpful
    Nemecis wrote: »
    I come from a European country. I will have to do some of my scans privately and all the other publicly.
    Do you know in Galway area where to get baby scans besides the Carepoint medical centre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nemecis

They do not perform early ultrasounds :) I did my research and I booked my appointment for an early one elsewhere.

Advertisement