Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIKE TV Channel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Actual pictures when there's supposed to be coverage and reliable time gaps would be bigger issues for me when it comes to TV coverage tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

ok so, I presume it would also be acceptable in black and white?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yes it would. First world problems come to mind. Watching the bike tv highlights right now. Nothing wrong with the pictures.

Yeah, because black and white v colour is exactly the same as SD v HD....

For the Tour of Britain, you can subscribe to a platform that has ITV4 HD. For other races you can subscribe to Eurosport HD.

Bike are generally showing races that wouldn't normally have English language coverage (for the most part), so for me SD Free To Air compared to a dodgy sporza stream is progress, and not something I'm that arsed to complain about no HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

ok so, I presume it would also be acceptable in black and white?

Yep! You just need one of these and you can convert it to Colour! (apparently)

http://www.earlytelevision.org/col-r-tel.html

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    so for me SD Free To Air compared to a dodgy sporza stream is progress, and not something I'm that arsed to complain about no HD.

Explains it all really there.....not used to HD experience.

Apart from the free ones, which is 10-11 at this stage. And bluray. Of course, never been in a house that has sky hd. But apart from that...

HD just isn't my biggest issue with cycling coverage at this point in time. If I had the choice, I'd pick HD, like most, but I'd rather have the FTA coverage to watch in SD, than not have the coverage full stop.

You have the option of subscription based services for HD cycling on Sky/ Eurosport, which would also get you ITV4HD as other channels - so knock yourself out if it's such a big issue for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

The Correct answer is Yes...Cycling is Broadcast in HD and is available to view in HD via a number of different sources.

But...be careful what you wish for...it may not belong before FTA channels are retired and we're left with nothing but Pay-Per-View HD Tv!

Its not a big issue for me at all dude, your the one with the craw in your neck about HD and paying for a decent service......all I asked for was another option in HD....

which incidentally you provided as I hadn't a clue ITV4HD were showing it too....

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

What's this HD thing now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

outfox wrote: »
    Watched 2 Italian guys doing some big climb on BIKE yesterday. Their banter translated to English was hilariously awful. Total cringe.
    Saw one like that on it a couple of weeks ago. I think one of the two is Paolo Salvodelli, dual Giro winner and client of a certain doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Cant believe ye think HD isn't a biggie for cycling coverage!!! Its a massive addition, It really stinks watching it in non HD so much so ill turn it off......

Not for me. I would rather have something, than nothing. You can enjoy something but no enjoyment comes from having nothing.. :D

Watched 2 Italian guys doing some big climb on BIKE yesterday. Their banter translated to English was hilariously awful. Total cringe.

Disagree. You could do worse watching this programme on a cold winter night while on the indoor trainer. I rode some of those climbs and would like to ride more of them. For that alone it's good viewing. Seeing the PM and HR data live is a nice feature!

Yeah, the footage was good alright. Better with the volume down though.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Henri Degrange

Desgrange-1892.jpg

Made quite a splash in his day when he organised a bike race in France...

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Yeah, the footage was good alright. Better with the volume down though.
    In the one I saw it was not so much the dialogue as the deadpan dubbed voiceover that killed it.
    At one stage during an exchange on cassette ranges, Salvodellu said something like "these days I only use the eleven for changing the wheel" which made me smile, given that he seems to have "wintered well" since retirement.

EPO for your TV picture...

Banned in my house I'm afraid. I've tried to claim I need it for medical use, but the commissar won't buy it.

Bike Channel seems to be gone from Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

Yep it's vanished. What gives?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Still on satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Still on Freesat as well.

I have a locked picture. Must have moved transponder. I will try to re-tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Locked picture too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

gone from my free sat last night ....

I missed Phillipa ..... :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Locked picture for me on FTA. Their Facebook page says they're having technical issues....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Locked picture for me too on sky shame as I only discover it's magic a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AmboMan

I wonder have Virgin Media an plans to add to their channel list ?

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Locked picture for me on FTA. Their Facebook page says they're having technical issues....

Does anyone have it then? Perhaps technical of the financial kind ( broadcast issues are easy enough to fix these days) – although I really hope not!

• Advertisement

Apparently they are back and it's on Virgin UK 552

Advertisement