Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIKE TV Channel

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Back on Sky also......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

its gone now :(

its a shame, i thought it was pretty good showed some decent documentaries

covered all biking codes, shame its gone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

philstar wrote: »
    its gone now :(

its a shame, i thought it was pretty good showed some decent documentaries

covered all biking codes, shame its gone

Ah sh1te i enjoyed the station

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ah booo. I was only watching a Danny McAskill film on it yesterday

Weepsie wrote: »
    Ah booo. I was only watching a Danny McAskill film on it yesterday

its still broadcasting im watching it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Watching it now on Sky 464.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

won't be on for much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

fryup wrote: »

21.00 still on my tv !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Why ?

siochain wrote: »
    Why ?

Gone bust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Watching it this eve

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Gone bust

Unfortunate as it was finally starting to become a channel that people talked about. I think their major flaw was advertising. I only came across it by chance retuning my satellite.

Had some different shows that I never would have chosen to watch but found myself flicking too when the other 1000 channels of sh*t had nothing going.

Even my three year old watched it, didn't understand anything but he knew biking was fun and it is fun to watch other people having fun.

Only recently has it permeated my cycling social group, which to me, only recently have they justified any charge they put to advertisers. Tis a pity they could not hold out a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Bike Channel confirms closure after failing to find a buyer
    Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/bike-channel-confirms-closure-350100#13OzgcmGM11iidBe.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Real pity, I'd sooner have crowdfunded to keep this alive (maybe as it grew more well-known it'd be easier to find a buyer) than that cycling team as I really enjoyed the selection of stuff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Pity.
    I watched the Down Hill World Cups on Bike, live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Still on for me at 11307/H/27500

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Still working away here also.

Seems a shame to ditch the channel it had some great coverage of non road cycling events. The bike transalp is on tonight which is a complete sufferfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

It's still on freesat. Wonder how much programming/bandwidth they have paid for pre-administration?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its not a bad channel in fairness, and it doesn't just show boring road racing (and lets face it road racing is boring to watch)...but shows all codes of cycling and some decent documentaries, there was one on tonight about couriers in new york

hope they find a buyer for the station..maybe Halfords could take it over? be great exposure for them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

had ironman copenhagen 2016 recorded from bike tv on my sky box as i did the race, can't watch it now the channel is gone and never copied it off...doh!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

mossym wrote: »
    had ironman copenhagen 2016 recorded from bike tv on my sky box as i did the race, can't watch it now the channel is gone and never copied it off...doh!!!!

It's all gone off my tv now anyway.

@mossym they should still be there I have a few old things recorded from bike tv and can still view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

and it doesn't just show boring road racing (and lets face it road racing is boring to watch)...

In your opinion .... :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

Gone from Sky + box and ordinary box here too. Tried the codes mentioned above, 11307/H/27500, it's shows the bike channel with program listings but just a blank screen!

spoke2cun wrote: »
    Gone from Sky + box and ordinary box here too. Tried the codes mentioned above, 11307/H/27500, it's shows the bike channel with program listings but just a blank screen!

Yep a blank screen here now as well

Advertisement