Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many mags

• 21-02-2016 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

How many mags would you need to comfortably shoot a .22lr pistol in competitions without reloading them between stations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

How many mags would you need to comfortably shoot a .22lr pistol in competitions without reloading them between stations?

Depending on the competition 10 plus a couple more in case you get a hung round in the mag.
    But there is always time given to reload between details in a comp.
    In which case you only need 5 mags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭hexosan

You'd get away with 4 even for most comps.

hexosan wrote: »
    You'd get away with 4 even for most comps.

OP wanted to know how many mags without reloading between details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

clivej wrote:
    Depending on the competition 10 plus a couple more in case you get a hung round in the mag. But there is always time given to reload between details in a comp. In which case you only need 5 mags

Thanks

Don't have the money for 10 but 4 along with the 2 coming with the pistol should see me started so.

I only ever had 5 mags and most I needed in the comps. I shot was 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

4or 5 will see you thru any comp without having to reload.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Wadi14

If your interested in Gallery Pistol for example, 4 mags for Multi Target and 5 mags for T&P1, if you have 5 mags in total your not going too bad at all. As already mentioned you have time to load mags prior to the start of any practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

GP 40 has 40 shots so you'd need 8 mags for that. Realistically you'd need a spare or two just in case you get any malfunctions, misfeeds etc.

There is a 60 shot pistol discipline so you'd need 12 mags + a spare or two for that if you didn't want to reload between details. You'd be surprised how often you have to reach for that spare magazine when the gun doesn't go pew when you expect it to.

That said, you are given plenty of time between details to reload if you want to. I have six mags and that's plenty for pretty much any pistol competition. I just reload whenever I need to.

Advertisement