Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work shoes recommendation - male

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd take a walk into a Clarks shop and see what they have to offer, some of their shoes have a Cushion sole which is extremely comfortable and if you are on your feet all day will be necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I'd take a walk into a Clarks shop and see what they have to offer, some of their shoes have a Cushion sole which is extremely comfortable and if you are on your feet all day will be necessary.

I've been disappointed with the quality of Clarks for a while. Ecco have some very neat alternatives and are light and very comfortable for all day wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

CJhaughey wrote: »

Will do that, thanks.

How do these look for €61? I have a discount code to bring them down to that price.

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Leather-Lace-Up-Gibson-Shoes/000000022320514010,en_IE,pd.html?pagesource=cart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Marks and Spencer don't make good quality shoes. They make "fashion shoes".

Agree Clarkes have lost quality lately too.

You'd be better researching a brand that is marketed for comfort and trying them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Some models of Clarks are not what they used to be, however the ones that I have been using for the last 3+ years are still going well.
    I have found Ecco good for kids but for adults the sole units don't last that long in my experience.
    I think for the money its hard to beat Clarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Rockport do very comfortable and long lasting work shoes. Made by Adidas with very comfortable soles. I get them in best menswear. They are normally €100 or so but can go down to €65 in sales. I usually buy two pairs then.

Irreverent wrote: »
    Rockport do very comfortable and long lasting work shoes. Made by Adidas with very comfortable soles. I get them in best menswear. They are normally €100 or so but can go down to €65 in sales. I usually buy two pairs then.

Will look into these, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I second rockport shoes
    Not the world's most fashionable brand of shoes (they don't really do trends) but by Christ are they comfortable. I generally wear a pair of them for at least 16 hours of the day five days a week and 9 of those is standing on my feet
    I've tried similar priced shoes from other brands but none come close to comfort
    One pair I bought fell apart after 5 months but they exchanged them straight away
    Another pair I've had since 2010 and they're still comfy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

If you're going to be walking and standing a lot I'd be looking at Ecco/Rockport etc. No, they won't last as long as look as good or last as long as 'proper' shoes from the likes of Loake/Barker etc but they are comfortable.

Ecco do some reasonably good looking shoes but avoid anything with a square toe.

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I've been disappointed with the quality of Clarks for a while. Ecco have some very neat alternatives and are light and very comfortable for all day wear.

Ecco are also my husband's first choice, 2nd choice Clarks but you must try on 1st there are good and there are bad.

Advertisement