Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polling Card Issue

• 21-02-2016 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hello,

This election will be my first time voting!

Over 4 weeks ago I registered to be put on the register of electors. I got my form from a local TD and he included an envelope of where to send it, the city hall (different constituency - don't think that should matter?)

It was all official garda stamp signatures etc etc.

Just the other day my whole family got their polling cards apart from myself? Is this okay?

I looked up various numbers and couldn't find any specific council number i should ring in order to correct the issue? can anyone help?

Very excited and interested in politics and I think it is vital for everyone of all ages to vote.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Are you on the register?

http://www.checktheregister.ie/

If not I think it is too late to do anything. The first form I sent in disappeared into the ether. Perhaps the same thing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Look up check the register.ie to see if you are on it.
    If you're not you still may make the supplemental which will be in the polling station.
    Bring a valid I'd.
    If you're not on the supplemental then you can't vote.
    Happened in the referendum last year that people registered but were not recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Look up check the register.ie to see if you are on it.
    If you're not you still may make the supplemental which will be in the polling station.
    Bring a valid I'd.
    If you're not on the supplemental then you can't vote.
    Happened in the referendum last year that people registered but were not recorded.

Ya i checked online as well and I'm not on it either, weird because my brother is only one year older and he was automatically registered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I'm on the register but have moved house so I didn't get a polling card. Can I go to any polling station with ID and still vote or does it have to be my previous local polling station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

KJ wrote: »
    I'm on the register but have moved house so I didn't get a polling card. Can I go to any polling station with ID and still vote or does it have to be my previous local polling station?

it would have to be the previous polling station unless you informed them that you moved house.

Its not for them to be checking every year that everyone is still where they are, so like anything, you need to inform them of a change of address.

• Advertisement

KJ wrote: »

You go to were you are registered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Hello,

This election will be my first time voting!

Over 4 weeks ago I registered to be put on the register of electors. I got my form from a local TD and he included an envelope of where to send it, the city hall (different constituency - don't think that should matter?)

It was all official garda stamp signatures etc etc.

Just the other day my whole family got their polling cards apart from myself? Is this okay?

I looked up various numbers and couldn't find any specific council number i should ring in order to correct the issue? can anyone help?

Very excited and interested in politics and I think it is vital for everyone of all ages to vote.

Thank you :)
    ring the council

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

I think its just a smidge too late now OP! It seems to be a recurring problem, particularly in my area, of forms just disappearing. Perhaps that is what happened to you, I'm pretty sure its happened to me once or twice.

I bet 5 cents it's all a big conspiracy.

Call 2225010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Dont worry people, polling card came on its own a few days ago randomly!! Heading down to vote in a bit!

Advertisement