Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog boarding in Dublin

• 21-02-2016 3:29pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know there was a thread on this because I did a search, but it's a couple of years old now.

Anybody got any recommendations for dog boarding in Dublin? (preferably north, but I'm not too bothered if I have peace of mind)

I'm looking for somewhere for a week in June and the DSPCA boarding kennels are already booked out- plus my girl came from the DSPCA and I'd worry she would think I was bringing her back. :pac:

Any recommendations appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Beabeg Home Boarding is in Drogheda, highly recommended .The dogs are kept in their house so no kennels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

My two have just come back from their first ever stay in boarding kennels. Like you, I was very nervous about leaving them anywhere but I needn't have been. I used Doonane Boarding Kennels just 5 mins beyond Saggart off the N7. Emma and the girls gave my 2 a holiday away from home, photos put on FB every day for owners to feel reassured that they're ok.
    If I were a dog, this is where I'd want to be! No connection, just a very happy dog owner!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks guys- they're a little far out for me; I'd be asking someone for a lift to the kennels/boarding and I'm not sure they would bring me that far!

I've googled and found a few places that look lovely until I get to the photos of rows of concrete and mesh wire cages. :eek:

Alternatively, if anybody knows anyone that looks after dogs in their own home, let me know. :)
    Otherwise I'll have to see if I could beg/borrow a lift to Beabeg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Posy wrote: »
    Thanks guys- they're a little far out for me; I'd be asking someone for a lift to the kennels/boarding and I'm not sure they would bring me that far!

I've googled and found a few places that look lovely until I get to the photos of rows of concrete and mesh wire cages. :eek:

Alternatively, if anybody knows anyone that looks after dogs in their own home, let me know. :)
    Otherwise I'll have to see if I could beg/borrow a lift to Beabeg!

I think Beabeg will collect? My two love it - there's no way I'd send them to kennels again after being there!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Canine Country Club in Sallins will do collection and return, cannot rate them highly enough.

God love them, but I'd five of my dogs at one point in kennels there, and my "firstborn" had a heart attack overnight and died while there.

They couldn't have done more for me when it happened, and the care they took was beyond words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

http://www.bettyskilshanekennels.com/ my mate uses this kennels about twice a year for years now and his dog was always fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Stheno wrote: »
    Canine Country Club in Sallins will do collection and return, cannot rate them highly enough.

God love them, but I'd five of my dogs at one point in kennels there, and my "firstborn" had a heart attack overnight and died while there.

They couldn't have done more for me when it happened, and the care they took was beyond words.

I actually know these people very well. They are absolute dog lovers & I would also highly recommend them. If I was boarding my dogs they would be staying there too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Knine wrote: »
    I actually know these people very well. They are absolute dog lovers & I would also highly recommend them. If I was boarding my dogs they would be staying there too.

I will never ever forget their kindness and compassion when my poor dog died. I was on a training course at the time, and they rang repeatedly until I answered, and were so kind when I arrived down as a big blubbering mess, and gave me a huge amount of time.

If I ever have dogs or cats again as pets, they will be my first choice for boarding.

Advertisement