Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast on iOS

• 21-02-2016 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

I can already watch YouTube and Netflix on my tv through my Xbox, is a Chromecast of much use for anything else on iOS?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 teddykrueger

I've Android and Apple devices. With an Android device you can download a movie (eh, legally of course) and stream it to chromecast. Do the same on my Macbook.

Think you're kind of limited on iOS, but I sometimes stream Spotify to chromecast as well as what you mentioned.

It's not that easy to stream Netflix using a vpn though. That's where Apple TV comes in handy.

So to answer your question - not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Annie_Oakes

I use the 'Rocket' app for casting from iPhone. It's pretty good and can cast any video from any web page and it'll also allow you to download videos to the app from the web and cast them at a later time.

The app costs a few euro but it is definitely worth it IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 teddykrueger

Good to know.

Advertisement