Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodderbrook Ballycullen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

be interesting to see what happens. I do think the flood assessment isn't detailed enough, and the insurance company will use a buffer zone around the area that is still 1/100 chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Anyone have any update on phase 2? Anyone's on the price difference that might be?

Hoping to get one in the next phase as was very disappointed to miss the first phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dantheman89

Anyone have any update on phase 2? Anyone's on the price difference that might be?

Hoping to get one in the next phase as was very disappointed to miss the first phase.

I overheard one of the junior agents say aprox 5k increase in price on 3 beds but could be more knowing how estate agents work.

The 2nd phase is meant to be released in July and there is a 2 month delay on building as we where told Aug and will now be Oct.

Hopefully that number is about right.

I had thought it was June for release but July actually suits better I think for us in terms of getting approval. Would be great to be for next summer.

Thanks Dantheman

Hopefully that number is about right.

I had thought it was June for release but July actually suits better I think for us in terms of getting approval. Would be great to be for next summer.

Thanks Dantheman

No worries.. I would say that you would be in between March and June if you buy in phase 2. Best of luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Heading to have a look at the 4 bedroom semi-Ds that are still available for phase 1 in Dodderbrook this week, just wondering if anyone who's already bought has any update on when they're likely to be in?

Would also be grateful for any info on house insurance relating to the flooding concerns if anyone has looked into it further!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Heading to have a look at the 4 bedroom semi-Ds that are still available for phase 1 in Dodderbrook this week, just wondering if anyone who's already bought has any update on when they're likely to be in?

Would also be grateful for any info on house insurance relating to the flooding concerns if anyone has looked into it further!

Hi, we moved in nearly 2 weeks ago. Some minor issues/frustrations but nothing major. Some finishes are a little rough but that seems par for the course with new builds. Neighbours all seem nice and it's a lot of young families which suits us.

House is insured with Aviva(very reasonable) no issues with flooding as they check the national flood maps. Houses are all raised above the road and the cobble lock paving has drainage underneath so in terms of flooding there is reasonable preventative measures in place as well as works done on the culvert nearby!

Hi, we moved in nearly 2 weeks ago. Some minor issues/frustrations but nothing major. Some finishes are a little rough but that seems par for the course with new builds. Neighbours all seem nice and it's a lot of young families which suits us.

House is insured with Aviva(very reasonable) no issues with flooding as they check the national flood maps. Houses are all raised above the road and the cobble lock paving has drainage underneath so in terms of flooding there is reasonable preventative measures in place as well as works done on the culvert nearby!

Brilliant thanks! Great to hear you like it so far and had no insurance issues.

Now to see decide whether we can put up with the commute to town!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

Is there a Facebook page for Dodderbrook residents yet? Just wondering as Im in the area and involved with the Park Community Centre. We have a brilliant Family Fun Day coming up on Sunday August 21st with lots of activities for kids. We are on Facebook (Search The Park). Its a free community event!

loup wrote: »
    Is there a Facebook page for Dodderbrook residents yet? Just wondering as Im in the area and involved with the Park Community Centre. We have a brilliant Family Fun Day coming up on Sunday August 21st with lots of activities for kids. We are on Facebook (Search The Park). Its a free community event!

There is indeed. I'll see if I can find your post and share it

EDIT: Shared it with them there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

There is indeed. I'll see if I can find your post and share it

EDIT: Shared it with them there

Thanks a million. There will be a better poster done in a few days time. Hope to get to meet some Dodderbrook residents :-)

We viewed the show houses during the week and have to say we were really impressed with the size and layout - definitely at the better end of the new builds we've seen in Dublin recently.

Our only major sticking point at the moment is the commute into town from Dodderbrook, given how far away the nearest bus stop is. Anyone out there who does the bus commute who could give any insight on how long it takes to get into town and how bad traffic can be in the mornings/evenings?

We viewed the show houses during the week and have to say we were really impressed with the size and layout - definitely at the better end of the new builds we've seen in Dublin recently.

Our only major sticking point at the moment is the commute into town from Dodderbrook, given how far away the nearest bus stop is. Anyone out there who does the bus commute who could give any insight on how long it takes to get into town and how bad traffic can be in the mornings/evenings?

Just an aside, did you view the 3 or 4 beds? Which are you interested in? Do you know how many 4 beds are left? Anxious now about the release of the next phase.

Just an aside, did you view the 3 or 4 beds? Which are you interested in? Do you know how many 4 beds are left? Anxious now about the release of the next phase.

We're interested in the 4 beds just because that's what's left in phase 1 - she told us there's 3 left at the moment. We did view the 3 bed showroom as well though, didn't feel much smaller than the 4 bed at all!

We're interested in the 4 beds just because that's what's left in phase 1 - she told us there's 3 left at the moment. We did view the 3 bed showroom as well though, didn't feel much smaller than the 4 bed at all!

Thanks, last time I check with DNG there were 4 left so 1 has sold since then. Just cant get the math to work out for us to stretch to a 4 bed at the moment, unless I go on winning streak or something :P

Terrified by what the price jump might be in phase 2. If the 3 beds come up to near what the 4 beds are now I will actually be sick

Thanks, last time I check with DNG there were 4 left so 1 has sold since then. Just cant get the math to work out for us to stretch to a 4 bed at the moment, unless I go on winning streak or something :P

Terrified by what the price jump might be in phase 2. If the 3 beds come up to near what the 4 beds are now I will actually be sick

Yeah we did try to get an idea from DNG as to what the 3 beds might be in phase 2 as we were pretty impressed with them but they weren't giving anything away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

My GF gets the bus from Hunters Wood into town (to start at 07.30) and it takes 30 minutes with no traffic and she's only been doing that in the summer when the schools are off. She finishes at 15:30 - 16:00 and it takes her 50 minutes to get home, just before the evening peak.

We're living 2 minutes from the existing terminus so you'd have to add on the time to walk up from Dodderbrook.

If you leave early or late(before 7.30 or after 9) it takes about 30 minutes. It can take an hour or more if you get caught in bad morning traffic. We both cycle in and it takes 35 minutes regardless of traffic at a comfortable pace. The bus stops are about 5-10 minutes away with plans at some point to upgrade the roads nearby to allow the buses down towards lidl.(note: South Dublin may never do this!)

Thanks guys. I might need to become a cyclist!!

Thanks guys. I might need to become a cyclist!!

You wont regret it if you do :) Its not a bad cycle although probably easier in the morning than coming home. Plus taking the bike will help pay for the extra premium of the 4 bed

Best of luck if you do go for it, I know people are going to be very happy here. Hopefully we will be neighbours this time next year

• Advertisement

You wont regret it if you do :) Its not a bad cycle although probably easier in the morning than coming home. Plus taking the bike will help pay for the extra premium of the 4 bed

Best of luck if you do go for it, I know people are going to be very happy here. Hopefully we will be neighbours this time next year

Agreed on not regretting it. I started cycling during a Dublin Bus strike and haven't gone back to the bus since, it makes the commute more enjoyable- I hate the gym though so maybe that's my motivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

You can subtract 1 more from that... Viewed and paid deposit this evening for # 32
    You can add 1 more cycling household to the list!
    It's going to be a long wait until move in!

Grassey wrote: »
    You can subtract 1 more from that... Viewed and paid deposit this evening for # 32
    You can add 1 more cycling household to the list!
    It's going to be a long wait until move in!

Dodderbrook wheelers CC has a ring to it no? Congrats to you.

It seems like every second or third poster in this thread is a username I recognise from the cycling/triathlon forums!

It does have a good ring to it alright. I'm having visions of drone footage showing at precisely 8am on a sat morning perfectly coordinated cyclists leaving the houses and forming a peloton up stocking Lane!

I guess that's it, all want to be close to the foothills. 10-20 minutes and you're in the Wicklow national park while still commutable to town.

Congrats Grassey! We had our eye on number 32 so we are now enemies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

#32 is a lovely house alright and guess what.... Ours!!!
    You're more than welcome to come over for a cuppa this time... Next year?

Sorry about that but the missus would have been my enemy if I'd dragged my feet and we'd missed it!

Grassey wrote: »
    It seems like every second or third poster in this thread is a username I recognise from the cycling/triathlon forums!

It does have a good ring to it alright. I'm having visions of drone footage showing at precisely 8am on a sat morning perfectly coordinated cyclists leaving the houses and forming a peloton up stocking Lane!

I have noticed that too. I bought 9, the park and currently live in the area and am a member of Clondalkin Cycling Club. Dodderbrook is in a great area for cycling. Came down the Old Military Road on Saturday and it felt great to know I will live so close to some great routes!

• Advertisement

I have bought in Dodderbrook and only live a 5 min walk from it currently. I commute to the city on the 49 from the Old mill every morning at around 7.30am and gets me into town c. 8.20. It will take an extra few minutes now that the schools are back etc. Your options are:

- 65B at Scholars pub: Probably the closest but the least reliable bus. The 7.45am bus should get you in before 9am. It avoids going in and around Firhouse but goes through Rathmines which can be a pain.
    - 49 from the Old mill: 10 min walk and very reliable. It does do a tour of Firhouse but goes through Harold's Cross which is better IMO than Rathmines.
    - 15/15b from Stocking Lane/Ave: 10 min walk and probably the most frequent. It is the terminus so will be easier to guage. I think when I move, the 15b will be my choice anyway as the times are better on the way home and a nicer route.

All buses take an hour give or take 10/15 mins depending on the time you leave and the time of year etc. I reckon that the 15b will be extended one the area/roads around Dodderbrook are re-developed. I am a cyclist too but commuting doesn't interest me. Would rather save the legs for the hills when I get home :)

Advertisement