Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodderbrook Ballycullen

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wenders_5

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

Wenders_5 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Apologies, it read a bit harsher than i intended, no offence meant. Good luck with purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ymckenna

Just wondering how much demand was there when the last phase was released? Myself and my boyfriend are hoping to buy in the next phase, but a little worried about not getting one! Was it a camp out all night kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

ymckenna wrote:
    Just wondering how much demand was there when the last phase was released? Myself and my boyfriend are hoping to buy in the next phase, but a little worried about not getting one! Was it a camp out all night kind of thing?

I believe there was a car or 2 camped overnight. And a few arrived first thing. If you go back a few pages I think 68 lost souls posted about it. He was in there for the second phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Grassey wrote: »
    I believe there was a car or 2 camped overnight. And a few arrived first thing. If you go back a few pages I think 68 lost souls posted about it. He was in there for the second phase.

Ya, I remember a few cars overnight but it was fairly busy in the morning. Three bed semis sold out before the end of the day- 4 beds and terraced were still available until at least the Sunday if not a few weeks later.

• Advertisement

Thanks, really hoping it works out for us, we want a 3 bed semi, jus got our mortgage approval so fingers crossed for when the next phase is released! Have been driving around the estate like a pair of losers for a while now, dreaming of getting one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

ymckenna wrote: »
    Thanks, really hoping it works out for us, we want a 3 bed semi, jus got our mortgage approval so fingers crossed for when the next phase is released! Have been driving around the estate like a pair of losers for a while now, dreaming of getting one :)

Yup, real Q started at about 7-8Pm. First in line was there at 2PM. 3 groups stayed the whole night. 2 others had shown up by about 4am. Was supposed to start being sold at 7am but at 6:30 they opened the doors and I think there was about 8-10 buyers there at that stage.

There were only 7 3 bed houses available in the last phase. Luckily some of the 10 were after terrace houses so they were ok.

We had originally been told there would be 10 3 beds but it appears that 2 were sold off before the they went on sale which really annoyed us as they were the 2 we had our eye on since March 2016.

Yup, real Q started at about 7-8Pm. First in line was there at 2PM. 3 groups stayed the whole night. 2 others had shown up by about 4am. Was supposed to start being sold at 7am but at 6:30 they opened the doors and I think there was about 8-10 buyers there at that stage.

There were only 7 3 bed houses available in the last phase. Luckily some of the 10 were after terrace houses so they were ok.

We had originally been told there would be 10 3 beds but it appears that 2 were sold off before the they went on sale which really annoyed us as they were the 2 we had our eye on since March 2016.

Yeah, heard a rumour about a "presale" that a couple of people got a house in, doesn't seem fair! Well we may just have to be there early, don't mind too much, his mam is only up the road so we can take turns going up there for a rest ;)

Yeah, heard a rumour about a "presale" that a couple of people got a house in, doesn't seem fair! Well we may just have to be there early, don't mind too much, his mam is only up the road so we can take turns going up there for a rest ;)

The day I was talking about was a presale the two that got sold before that was a pre-presale

The day I was talking about was a presale the two that got sold before that was a pre-presale

What?! How are you meant to keep up? How do people find out about the pre sales? We've been emailing and ringing dng and they just keep saying April/May and that they'll be in touch :/

• Advertisement

ymckenna wrote:
    What?! How are you meant to keep up? How do people find out about the pre sales? We've been emailing and ringing dng and they just keep saying April/May and that they'll be in touch :/

Pretty sure it was emailed by DNG last time. Failing that keep an eye on daft/myhome as they seemed to update the existing listing

If you have registered interest early then they emailed you. I reckon if there is any presale you will be notified.

I'm pretty sure the two that went before the presale were either builders friends or family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

If you have registered interest early then they emailed you. I reckon if there is any presale you will be notified.

I'm pretty sure the two that went before the presale were either builders friends or family

It could also be where they know that you have a house to sell and are willing to use DNG for that. We were considering Dodderbrook (still kinda are) and were offered for a hold to be put on one of the 4-beds in the next phase if we were selling our current house with them.

It could also be where they know that you have a house to sell and are willing to use DNG for that. We were considering Dodderbrook (still kinda are) and were offered for a hold to be put on one of the 4-beds in the next phase if we were selling our current house with them.

We're first time buyers so won't be able to use that strategy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 emma_cos

Hi, can someone tell how long it took since you paid the booking fee until you signed the final contract and moved into the house? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pinky1235

Can they not just spread them out to integrate them better rather than ghettoising them? I know most people don't want to live next door to social housing and the implied higher rate of anti-social behaviour it represents but pushing them all into the one place of a development just creates an us vs them situation.

We need the social pressure of private neighbours to enforce standards on the whole. If all the private neighbours are segregated then they could be more willing to just write off part of the development as 'their' bit, especially if it's at the back of the estate and not something they have to pass everyday on the way in/out.

I am moving in after the new year and I sincerely hope that your generalized attitude towards those who live in Social housing has changed. I have had the opportunity to live in both social and private estates, both of which had salt of the earth people residing in them. Its unfortunate that in both estates there was a small minority that could be somewhat anti-social. Therefore, it infuriates me when such generalised comments are made. These sort of comments segregate and adds to the them and us that you refer to. The sort of standards that you also refer to should also be held by those that can come across as mindlessness. Anyway moving on, I wish those that have already moved in to Dodderbrook and those who are in the process the very best of luck in their new homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

We have Dodderbrook as an option on our list and were wondering what your local shop, supermarket, park etc. is. We are going to get over in a week or so for a proper look around but any info you could give in the mean time would be great! Thank you

Lidl is closest 500m up the road, then probably supervalu in firhouse or tesco in tallaght.
    Small newsagents at scholars, and woodstown. Chinese & pharmacy at both. Bakeryand pizza at Old Bawn cross.

Closest park is ballycragh, 10 min walk from estate, dodder Valley, another 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Thanks Grassey! What's the area like in general?

It's grand. If you are looking at the latest phase bear in mind it'll be about 20 mins walk to the bus stop (now 24 hour), but going by the LADP, there should possibly be at some point in the future one about 5 mins away. LADP also gives an idea about the extent of further development going in behind dodderbrook.

Aside from that area is grand, nice neighbours, no nearby petrol station, getting onto m50 can be a pain in mornings, and off in evenings, and will probably get worse with future developments but that's no different to anywhere else I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pauljn0

Several houses in dodderbrook flooded last week. It appears that the drainage systems put in place are not able to cater for heavy rainfall.

Shane sdcc did not heed warnings at planning stage

Pauljn0 wrote:
    Several houses in dodderbrook flooded last week. It appears that the drainage systems put in place are not able to cater for heavy rainfall.

Or the drains were full of building rubble that has since been removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Pauljn0 wrote: »

Used to train up there on the Ballyboden pitches back in the day. Any bit of persistent rain and it was swamp like for days afterward. Just didn't seem to have any natural drainage. I would've thought that should've been addressed by engineers during the build so maybe it was blocked drains?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Pauljn0 wrote: »

Grassey wrote: »
    Or the drains were full of building rubble that has since been removed?

Yep seems to have been just the drains being blocked up causing the road to flood. The residents sorted it with some brushes and as far as I know it didn't affect any of the houses, just the road.

Advertisement