Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facory reset not working

Options
  • 21-02-2016 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

guys I decided to do a clean install of my old PC, it goes through the process ok but then it just goes back to the main screen with out the reformat. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

tonyheaney wrote: »
    guys I decided to do a clean install of my old PC, it goes through the process ok but then it just goes back to the main screen with out the reformat. Any ideas?

How are you doing the clean install? Are you using a usb or dvd? And what operating system are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Ant695 wrote: »
    How are you doing the clean install? Are you using a usb or dvd? And what operating system are you using?

Normally no USB or DVD is needed, i always powered up pressed f11 and went from there and the computer would then be factory set as new, Now however it won't otherwise the computer is fine for now fingers crossed.

trying a system restore final option

computer bought in 2010 windows 7 home premium 64bitb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

update:

"System Restore did not complete successfully, Your computer's files and settings were not changed.
    Details;
    System Restore could not access a file. This is probably because an anti-virus program is running on the computer . Temporally disable your antivirus program and retry System Restore.
    An unspecified error occurred during System Restore, (0x80070005)"
    I have turned off my Zone Alarm Extreme Security software, but I get exactly the same answer.
    Unfortunately the message does not tell me which file(s) are causing the problem and the error message is so vague I can't try to resolve the issue.

??? ???

Advertisement