Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 7?

Options
  • 21-02-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I was looking at scans of the RTV Guide from Easter 1962 on the Brand New Retro site and noticed the cover mentions listings for AFN, Luxie, the BBC and of course Radio Éireann, but also mentions Channel 7. Unfortunately there are no scans for listings for Channel 7, so I have no idea what it was.

It's probably something I have heard of under a different name, but if someone can put me out of misery?

(Also must boost my post count, so I can add URLs properly.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Joe Kname

Answering myself, but I did overlook the bleedin' obvious; Channel 7 being Kippure which was the only TV transmitter active in early 1962. Oh well.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Yup. Got it in one. Sometimes Ulster Television in the early days was also referred to as Channel 9.

Advertisement