Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in city, living in Gort

Options
  • 21-02-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

A mate is considering living in Gort, in the village itself, but still works in the city.
    What's the morning and evening traffic like time-wise?
    It's a 9-5 job on the east side of the city. His hours are somewhat flexible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

You say he is flexi a 10 am start would make a big difference. 20-25 mins before Clarinbridge. Very variable after.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't he's that flexible, I'll ask though.
    Google maps tells us it's 40 mins drive. That seems a lot though.
    Is Clarinbridge and Kilcolgan bottlenecks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭ratracer

biko wrote: »
    I don't he's that flexible, I'll ask though.
    Google maps tells us it's 40 mins drive. That seems a lot though.
    Is Clarinbridge and Kilcolgan bottlenecks?

He will need to allow for about an hour travel time in a car, depending on where in the city he is working. On the way in traffic starts slowing at Kilcolgan, then Clarinbridge, then Oranmore before becoming bumper to bumper from the dual-carriage way or coast road in all directions into town.

On the way home, traffic is slow as far as doughiska, then again into clarinbridge ( can be backed up into Oranmore, it moves, but slowly). Delays from Gort to Oranmore may ease when the motorway opens, but it's a frustrating commute at the moment!!

Advertisement