Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving costs?

Options
  • 21-02-2016 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am planning on moving, house is fairly full of stuff. Just wondering what is average prices for moving companies?

Or how do they charge? Just need to get some ball parks in mind

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

All small things that can be put into boxes, or also including beds, couches, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

It is the bigger stuff that is the issue, the smaller stuff in boxes I can move, slowly but I can move

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

In the past I priced removal companies and they were very expensive. By coincidence I was buying a bed in a local furniture shop and he said he'd do it with another guy. They charged us under €150 and reassembled all the beds etc!
    I'd ask around in local shops, you might be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

2 porters For €65 Per Hour All in – Great Rate!! including spotlessly clean brand new Mercedes Luton Moving Trucks with Tail-Lifts (Great for Driveways, narrow access)

Got the below from website

THis sound about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

We moved the contents of an 1800sq ft house last year & paid the removal company to pack everything, move it & reassemble in the new house.
    I got four quotes. Two came in at €1500 and two were €3000. No idea why such a huge difference!
    Yes it was expensive (even the €1500) but it took three guys one entire day to pack everything & we had five guys on the day to move stuff. There's no way we could have done it ourselves or used the one man & a van type scenario.

• Advertisement
Advertisement