Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Photography Gear.

Options
  • 21-02-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I had some photography gear stolen recently, and i was wondering if anybody knows if there is a website similar to this one in Ireland? It seems like a good idea that you can upload a picture taken with your stolen camera and the website can locate any pictures taken with the a stolen camera using EXIF data files (except for Facebook uploads.)

It says on the site that "Due to new legislation, we will no longer offer this service to customers located in the EU (except UK).

http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I don't know all that much about it, but two photographers I know were talking about Lenstag recently. Seems to be the same idea, but not sure how effective it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Thanks for that Stella

Deadlie wrote: »
    I don't know all that much about it, but two photographers I know were talking about Lenstag recently. Seems to be the same idea, but not sure how effective it is.

Thanks Deadline. This looks like a US based website. Don't know if its any good for the theft of gear from Ireland, but will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

In theory its a great idea but most sites strip all the EXIF and other meta out during the publishing process.

You'll have more luck crawling Donedeal and adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

ED E wrote: »
    In theory its a great idea but most sites strip all the EXIF and other meta out during the publishing process.

Not Flickr though - as this idiot famously found out!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pwllor

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Oh indeed, the problem being Flickr is still kinda niche. If some scummer steals a camera bag and offloads it to average Joe for €100 then there's a high chance the images will end up on Facebook not Flickr.

Advertisement